Venom Impulsers

By Seraluna

His pale, sickly skin stretched over the sharp bones of his face. His cheeks hollowed and his eyes nothing b... More

The Need
The Cave
The Blood-Part 2
The Captured
OFFICIAL NEW TRAILER!!

The Blood-Part 1

71 2 0
By Seraluna

Venom Impulsers

Monster! The word Vampire brought anxiety and terror and faded thoughts like Blood...-Bella

Chapter 2-The Blood (Part 1)

Bella pov-October 3 2010-Day

I could feel my anger surfacing quick. It took all I had not to tackle him once more. "You turned me into...a vampire?" The words sounded ridiculous on my tongue.

"Yes." His eyes never left mine when he said this.

He was waiting for my reaction.

How was I to respond to this?

My mind was an unsolvable puzzle; pieces were missing to decipher the correct answer. I felt the need to be angry but was it necessary. I had no idea what I was before; maybe turning into a vampire was better than the alternative in staying what I was.

I bit my lip and whispered "Is that bad?"

Edwards jaw dropped the moment those words came out of my mouth. "What?" He stared at me madly.

"Is it so wrong? Being a vampire." I asked. I felt so stupid as he stared at me like I was some idiot.

His jaw closed.

"Bella...what do you remember?" He whispered with disbelief..

My instincts heightened when the frightening image appeared in my mind again. "I remember you." The instinct to attack was very apparent and difficult to resist. "You attacked me." I said with an uncontrollable growl.

"You bit my neck...why?"

His body stiffened and his eyes darkened. "Is that all you remember?" He choked out.

I nodded. "Nothing else" I affirmed.

"You don't recall any of your human life?" He looked at me frantic. "Do you not remember your parents? Where you lived? Your own friends?" He threw his arms in the air and said "You must know something!?" He asked me desperately.

I looked at him annoyed. "Is that not two ears on either side of your head or am I just seeing things?" I muttered bitterly, feeling immense annoyance gushing through my stomach. "I did just say that I remember nothing, did I not?"

I instantly regretted being so harsh as I saw his face fall. He swiftly got up and began pacing, muttering things like 'How could she not remember?' or 'It's like what happened with Alice...'

Wait...

"Who is she?" I demanded as I eyed Edward. He remained silent as he paced the cave. "Who's Alice?" I asked again. He stopped and looked at me. He stared at me and once again he seemed to be in a debate with himself.

After a couple of minutes he sighed. "She is my little sister."

"Your sister! Is she coming here? Does she accompany you while traveling?" I quickly bombarded him with questions. How many vampires are there?

"No she is not coming here, and no she is not going to travel with us. Alice along with the rest of my family prefers not to live the... nomadic life style."

"Nomadic lifestyle?"

He turned towards me. "Being a nomad is when you never really have a destination. You wander aimlessly from country to county. Nomads also tend to be...human drinkers." He stopped speaking to look at me as if gaging my reaction. "Human drinkers can't stay in one place or else they will raise suspicion amongst the humans."

The way he seemed so hesitant and guilty when he muttered the words 'human drinker' gave me a clue it was defiantly not a good thing. I felt sick when he mentioned it. I knew it was wrong, I could feel it.

"A-are you a Nomad?" His eyes shifted away from mine and he looked down to his feet. "Yes I am a Nomad... I also drink from humans."

The air was tense, none of us knowing what to say.

The word Monster kept repeating in my mind, but was Edward really a monster? The way his shoulders slumped in defeat and his eyes refused to look anywhere but the ground proved to me that he was not happy with killing humans.

But then why did he do it?

I was the same as he was which meant if he was a monster than so was I, were we both monsters?

I tried opening my mind to the past but unfortunately came completely blank. How is that I have no clue about my own past? I sighed, wanting to know if in my previous years I had known about the existence of vampires. Random words and feelings would occur when an effective phrase or even a word would be said.

The word Vampire brought anxiety and terror and faded thoughts like Blood. The thought of blood made my mouth water and immediately my hand shot up to my throat to try and stop the burn. I whimpered when the burn just increased.

Edwards hand came into view as he slowly took my hand and brought it down to my side. "I can make the burn stop although it would be best if we leave at night."

Without questioning, I nodded.

I would do anything to stop this burn.

The Blood

Bella-October 3 2010-Night fall

We target people...the people that won't be missed if they go missing...- Edward

The thrill was indescribable.

The speed, the strength was all too much. I dodged the trees and jumped over the fallen trees. I could hear Edward's feet connecting with the earth as he came closer towards me.

I let out a nervous squeal as I jumped through the air to grab onto a branch, swinging off the branch, I landed on a rock and continued running on the rocky terrain.

I was so close.

I could see the bright lights becoming closer and closer. We were getting closer to our destination, the city of Phoenix Edward called it. The burn in my throat amplified and almost became too much to endure.

Edward jumped from a nearby tree landing right beside me. I looked at him wide eyed and hissed at him.

There was no way I was going to lose to him!

I took huge strides jumping from rocks to trees. I could smell fresh water up ahead.

There was a lake.

I quickly took my last strides and leaped over the lake making it over in one bound. I heard my feet hit the moist soil and then Edward's feet hit a few seconds after mine.

A smile broke onto my face and I turned to face him. "Ha! Who's the newborn now?" I mocked.

A crocked smile appeared on his face and my breath caught. I quickly looked towards the lake as I felt my cheeks tingle.

"You still are." He chuckled as he shoved me lightly. "Being a newborn isn't an insult; every vampire starts out as a newborn. Being a newborn merely means you're new to the vampire life."

He went quiet as we both looked at the darkening sky. He suddenly let out a quiet laugh and added. "and newborns tend to be completely irrational. So it would only be fitting, if I were to call you the newborn." I found myself smiling and then giggling as Edward laughed at his own little joke.

We laughed for a long while not even knowing why we were laughing. We must have looked like crazies to a random passer-by although I couldn't care less.

I just shook my head and played with the corner of my blue shirt. The fabric was rough and every thread of wool made my skin quiver in distress. I wanted the damn shirt off my body and relieve myself from the rough and very uncomfortable material but felt rather uncomfortable to hunt shirtless with Edward alongside me.

I quickly looked over to Edward to see him looking distracted as he started off into the distance.

Edward had explained some effects about being a vampire. He told me mostly of the benefits. The speed, extra strength, enhanced senses, the beauty, and the chance to live forever. Edward cringed at the thought of living for ever, and I didn't understand why he hated living for eternity.

Would he rather be dead?

I knew only some oblivious drawbacks to being a vampire and that was this thirst, the burning thirst that dominated every thought that came to my mind. It was difficult to ignore the thirst almost impossible but I was coping.

He also told me I was a newborn. An immature reckless newborn was what he said I was, and that was when the race began.

Newborn? I rolled my eyes. right.

Edward had also let it slip that he was much more mature than I was; being over a hundred years of age would give him more knowledge and experience to overcome me. I couldn't help but make fun of his age, and every time I did he would look away bashful and run his hand through his bronze locks.

I heard Edward voice interrupt my thoughts. "Let's go."

I swallowed and we walked for awhile in silence.

The atmosphere was oddly tense, and I had no idea what to say to break it. Edward finally spoke, and I almost sighed in relief. Only his voice was not as carefree as it was a minute ago, it was serious and filled with remorse.

"Before we go in, we need rules." I snorted and he ignored me.

"Number one rule; Stay close." He said while we entered Phoenix. He looked over at me "Do not leave my sight." I raised my brow.

Was he serious? Was I some kind of prisoner or something?

He quietly muttered. "It's not as safe as it used to be." He quickly continued, leaving me no chance of asking questions. "Second rule; Do not attack aimlessly, we have a target."

I looked at him puzzled. "Who are we targeting?"

"We are targeting the people that don't deserve to have their life. We are targeting murders, rapist, criminals...Those people won't be missed and so it won't cause havoc if they go missing." I looked towards him a little startled by his answer. His face was drawn and his eyes empty, he continued looking straight as we walked down the familiar empty streets.

"Oh." I whispered.

Edward went on. "Rule three; Snap their necks before you drink."

"Why?"

"It's better for them. A quick death..." He mumbled quietly. "..not much suffering..."

I nodded. "Alright..." Everything began to make me feel uneasy. As bad as those murderers were, was it our right to kill them? I felt as evil as those damn crooks. My eyes kept darting every time I heard a sound, nervous we would get caught but then I thought we have nothing to fear were vampires for crying out loud! So there's no need to be paranoid.

We are the predators not the prey. I thought trying to reinsure myself. Not the prey. Not the prey.

To my disappointment uncertainty still lingered within me and the urge to rush back to the cave was defiantly tempting. Did I really want to do this? Did I really want to devote myself to killing just to satisfy this monstrous thirst? But I knew there was no way out of it, I had to get rid of this demonic thirst, even if I had to kill. I wouldn't be able to function without blood. I would go crazy.

I felt Edwards stare; I turned to look at him. He looked at me ashamed and then turned his stare back to straight ahead. "And the last rule; drink them dry, do not leave any remaining blood." He quietly murmured, thinking I wouldn't hear but I heard. "Don't make the same mistake I made."

I ignored what he had said, not quite understanding. "Why do we have to drink them dry?" I said quietly knowing I wouldn't like the answer.

"Trust me you wouldn't be able to stop drinking them dry anyways, especial as a newborn...but drinking them dry will eliminate any chance of a transformation."

I said softly. "A transformation" Words appeared in my mind.

Transformation...Burning...Fire...Vampire...Blood...

Along with those words a short memory...or should I say a feeling emerged. The burn in my throat flared becoming alightened with pure flame reminding me of the once haunting transformation.

Edward's voice interrupted the burn and for that I was thankful. "Yes, when there is a bit of both blood and venom than the transformation from human to vampire occurs." He said vacantly staring off into the streets.

"Is that what happed to me? Did I go through this transformation?" I asked softly.

He nodded but said nothing more.

My throat closed and the burning in my throat was all forgotten.

Edward did not drink me dry, he changed me into this. He let me live and he regrets it. He regrets that he changed me.

That is probably why he looks at me with distress all the time. He's probably hoping I drop dead or leave and get lost. I wanted to feel hatred against him, but yet I was so afraid too. I would have no idea what to do without him, where to go, what to hunt, who to avoid? What to do... I would be so lost. As much as I hate it, I need Edward.

"Stop!" Edward hissed freezing in the spot.

His head snapped over to the left looking down the street. "The roofs! Follow me." He whispered, leaping up onto the roofs of the buildings and leaping from building to building.

That is when the smell hit me, Blood.

My mouth watered and a fierce growl came from my throat. My inner monster screamed Mine! I felt possessed by this raging monster as it guided me to the blood.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 435 22
Have you ever hated your life and want to die. I did too, and I still do. And I know I'm going to be doing this after an eternity. All those innocent...
7.2K 178 9
Twilight AU where the Cullens never liked Isabella Swan and instead live their lives in peace until their newest coven member finds his mate a human...
37.9K 1.5K 24
Jacob Imprints on Edward, the only problem is that Edward is mourning the death of his wife, Bella. Will Edward ever be able to feel anything for Jac...
380K 7.7K 31
Meredith Cullen is the sister of Carlisle Cullen. She decided to go and enjoy the world a little before returning to her brother and his family. One...