Entangled Knot

By _manan__

They say that being grown-up means you have survived at least three disasters and one apocalypse. Quite often... More

Author's Note
Characters sketch
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Author note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 8

2.1K 249 24
By _manan__

Author PoV

Everyone noticed the changes in both Nandini and manik's behaviour. Little by little, Manik was opening up his emotions and moving close to his family whereas Nandini was further moving away from them. They noticed the changes in her timings. Every day Nyonika waited for Nandini at night till she arrives from her work. Everyone came back to their routine.

Manik's PoV

After that incident at home, I was angry at her, at myself and everybody. I didn't want to talk with anyone there. So I just left from there without informing anything. I went to my happy place. It made me relax myself from the problems. I felt mixed emotions. I felt angry at my dad, happy for telling the truth to everyone at the same time I felt bad at myself for yelling at Nandini for no reason. I knew I had been behaving like a jerk to her. I also knew she was not the root cause for my problems. I yelled at her twice not because of her mistakes but for Mishka's and her bade papa's act. But that doesn't mean I have accepted her. It's just that I felt guilty for my actions.

The next day, when I returned home dad came and apologised. His apology made me regret my words. I only wanted him to understand me and not his apology. I too apologised for my words. I thought hereafter I shouldn't throw my anger and problems at my family. I went to my room to take my clothes. I expected Nandini to be present there. But she was not there. I avoided that thing and got freshen up and left for the office.

I returned home by eight and had my dinner with my family. I tried my best to not bother them with my problems. So I kept a happy face in front of them and masked my true emotions. I went to Tarak room and slept there. These same things continued for some days.

One day morning, I woke up at six. So I went to the living area and decided to talk with dad about the upcoming project. I expected dad to be present there but he left the home for his morning walk. So I sat on the couch and started scrolling my phone. By seven, I saw someone coming down the stairs.

I peeped my head and saw Nandini coming down the stairs talking with someone on the phone. She directly went out of the house.

'It's only seven in the morning. Why was leaving the house this early?' I thought.

I subsided on this thought and continued my work. Later I left for my office. As I had an important meeting that day, I came home by nine. I saw mom waiting for me. I had my dinner with her. When I was leaving for Tarak room, I saw her sitting in the living area.

I became confused and asked, "Mom, are you not going to sleep?"

Mom replied, "No Manik, I am waiting for Nandini. She didn't return from her work till now"

Her reply astonished me because I saw her leaving early in the morning and till now she didn't return home. I kept mum and went to Tarak's room. For the next few days, I noticed Nandini's behaviour. She will leave early in the morning and return late at night. She didn't interact with anyone in my family.

At that moment I thought 'Am I the reason behind her actions?'

This thought made me feel more guilty about myself. One day I was sitting in the living area with Cabir bhai and we both were playing with Kiara. Then Kiara pointed her hands over something. We both looked towards it and saw Nandini going out. Cabir bhai looked at me and sighed. But he didn't speak about it further.

Daily I would see my Mom waiting for Nandini. Sometimes seeing my Mom waiting like this irritated me but on the other hand, realising that it was all because of me made me regretful. In the morning after her exit I would go to my room and freshen up there and at night I continued sleeping in Tarak's room. This continued for few days.

One day as usual I was getting ready for my office in my room.

Mom came and told, "Manik, Today is Friday so I thought of visiting the temple. Can you please come home earlier today and join us?"

I told mom, " Mom I am not sure about my today's schedule. If I had an important work then I can't come. If I am free I will come." Mom nodded and left my room.

After breakfast, I left for my office. Luckily I had less work at the office today. So I returned home by four in the evening. Along with Mom I went to the temple and prayed to God. We both stayed there for an hour and returned home.

Cabir bhai, Mukthi and Tarak were arguing over their weekend plans whereas I was playing with Kiara. Navya bhabhi called us dinner. We had our dinner with lots of fun, quarrel, laughter and useless conversations. After a long time, I felt good staying at home. By ten everyone dispersed to our rooms. I went down by eleven at night as I didn't feel sleepy. So I thought of watching T.V for some time.

When I went down, there I saw mom sitting on the couch. I went near her and asked, "Mom why are you here? You are not asleep."

Mom's reply angered me, "Wohh...Manik. I am waiting for Nandini. She didn't return home till now."

Till now I felt guilty for her and didn't say anything about this but her today's activity made me overcome my guilt. I was angry at her. After fifteen minutes I saw her entering the house. I saw her moving to my room silently ignoring us.

Then I shouted, "Nandini, stop right there." After hearing my voice, she halted in her steps and turned towards me.

When I went near her, I saw her face was pale and lacked emotions. Keeping this thought aside I asked her, " Do you know what time it is? It's fifteen past eleven. Did you know that my mom is waiting for you every day? Then why are you coming late every day? One day I saw you coming late. I thought you would not continue it. But you're repeating it daily. Day by day you're coming home too late. If you are staying here, then you have to reach home before nine or ten. My mom-".

I was talking continuously suddenly Nandini said "okay".

I became confused at her reply and asked, "Huh...What?"

Then she replied, "Hereafter I will try to reach your house before ten."

she told me these things and went to my room. I was dumbstruck at her reply. I saw my mom having the same expression as mine. This was the first time she talked after many days.

Mom said, " Manik you go and sleep. It's already thirty past eleven." I nodded and went to sleep.

The next morning Cabir bhai and I planned to leave late for the office as It was Saturday. We both saw Tarak arguing with Mom.

"Mom, please for once allow me to go for that trip", stated Tarak.

"No Tarak, I am not allowing you for the trip this time", told mom.

" But mom this is important for me. It will help me with my new assignments. Please allow me. I promise this is the last time. If I fail in this then I will definitely leave all this and concentrate only on my studies. Mom, please please please please...." explained tarak.

Mom held a rigid face and told, " No means no Tarak."

Cabir bhai asked, " Mom what happened?"

Mom said, " cabir you itself tell me, last time you only supported him right? Then say what did he say last time for his photography trip?"

cabir bhai replied, " he said that it would his last trip related to photography."

mom said, " yeah, the same I was saying. Now he was asking for another last trip."

Tarak explained, " Mom I know, I said those words last time. But that was for the first phase of the competition. I thought I wouldn't go for the second phase as I just wanted to join there for an experience. So I said like that. But never in my life, I thought I would get nominated for the second phase. Mom, Now I want to use this chance properly. So only I am asking for your permission for this trip. Mom, please please please."

I understood his words and told mom, "Mom I think it will be a good opportunity for him."

Mom asked, " you too manik? Then what about his college?"

I said, "Mom he can manage both. So give him one last chance." Tarak's face twinkled with happiness after my statement.

After that Mom declared, " Okay, but it should your last."

Tarak nodded his head and hugged me and told, "Thank you so much bhai. You are my life Saviour."

Cabir bhai asked, "Then what about me?"

" You both are my life Saviour's. Fine now ?" asked Tarak happily. Cabir bhai smiled and nodded.

Then Tarak left for college and mom went to continue her work. By nine-thirty, we both saw Nandini coming down the stairs speaking to someone on the phone.

"Yes sir............I will be there in ten minutes...............yeah, I took those files.........umm..okay"

she looked tensed. While going out she collided with Navya bhabhi. She muttered sorry and left home.

I thought 'What a change? Usually, she would leave early. But what happened to her today ?'

After that, we both got ready and left for the office. As tomorrow was Sunday, Everyone was rushing up with their works. So I had a hectic day at the office. I went home by nine. Mom and I started having our dinner. I saw Nandini entering the home by nine-thirty. By seeing her coming early than the usual time, mom just looked at her and smiled at me.
____________________________

Thank you for reading ❤️✨
Please vote, share and comment.

Share your views through comments.
I request all the silent readers to share their opinions through votes and comments. It's a humble request from the author.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9M 601K 64
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 They never thought of being each other's but destiny had another plans. 𝗩𝗜𝗗𝗬𝗨𝗧 𝗦𝗨𝗥𝗬𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜...
2.9M 228K 52
"To all the hopeless romantic souls who wholeheartedly believe that destiny weaves the most beautiful love stories, this book is dedicated to your un...
53.5K 4.1K 45
{ ✨💞 it's a ROM-COM book 💞✨} [ He fell first but she fell harder.] Manik Malhotra: He is a successful businessman, known for his sharp mind and cun...
854K 63.3K 38
"He is a mystery. A mystery every guy wants to become And a mystery every girl wants to claim" _ How Bumping into Mr. Billionaire, changed her life...