Haven't We Met Before? (COMPL...

By normicki

After a car crash leaves both Elain and Elias suffer from permanent amnesia, for some unknown reasons, they w... More

● Haven't We Met Before? ●
𝗒𝗻𝗲
𝗧𝗡𝗿𝗲𝗲
π—™π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π—™π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²

π—§π˜„π—Ό

102 19 189
By normicki

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

What if, you and I were meant to part ways, only so that we could find each other again.

unknown

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Elias

I think I'm gonne die out of exasperation.

I yawned for the umpteenth time as my father rambled about how careless I'd been towards my health. I tried my best to not make any sound which would make evident that I was yawning nonstop while my father yelled at me from the other side of the phone.

I put the call on speaker so I could do some other house chores except for just listening to my father who was still talking—not knowing the fact that his son was doing anything but listening to him. God, just how much energy does this man have?

Using the hair tier which was placed in my wrist, I tied my shoulder length black hair backwards, getting ready to clean this pig farm.

"Elias, you listening? Elias!" he yelled from the other side of the phone as I finished vacuuming my small apartment which had only two rooms but it was fine; considering the fact that I was able to get such a spacey apartment in such less time and my college was close by too.

"No, I mean yes! My cat's doing fine!" I yelled as I was in the end of my room and my phone was in the corner.

"I was talking about your studies!" he shouted and I facepalmed, walking towards my phone and taking it in my hand. "I was talking to someone else, haha." I faked a laugh and then cringed at how awful it sounded.

"Son, you live alone because you can't stand people." I knew he was saying this with a tight lipped smile.

"Oh, yeah. How could I forget that?" I laughed nervously. "Guess my amnesia isn't really gone. Even after a year." I tried to reason with a lie.

"Elias, this has nothing to do with amnesia." He told me, his voice serious. He'd always go dead serious if I ever talked about my amnesia or what caused it. Anything related to my health was enough to make him serious. Even a joke.

I sighed. "I know, dad. I was just. . . y'know, kidding?" I tried to lighten up the atmosphere. "As for my studies, they're going good. . . . I think. I still suck at chemistry but I'm trying."

"Just don't stress yourself out. You know you had a traumatic head injury last year," sighed and continued. "It's been four months since you left and started living your life in your own way. I'm happy and proud of you. Your mother and I, we both are. But we're also worried, Elias. You sure you're doing fine?" His voice was filled with worries as I sighed.

"I'm doing finer than ever, Dad. Yeah, the headaches are quite persistent and I feel nauseous sometime but it's bearable. Really." I assured him as he sucked in a deep breath and released it in relief.

Before he could tell me that if I ever felt lonely or felt sick, I could always come home for the tenth time, I spoke. "I'm nineteen, Dad and will be turning twenty tomorrow. I can take care of myself." I chuckled.

"I know. But for us you'll always be our little boy." I could feel him smiling from the other side.

"What're your plans for tomorrow? You could pay us a visit as your mother is busy baking cakes for your birthday," he chuckled as I rolled my eyes.

"I'll see," was my answer as I suddenly came across to an unopened card box which I left untouched in a corner of my room after shifting here.

I was still talking to Dad as I went closer to the box and without thinking, I opened it, only to get greeted by some old tarnished books. Huh, I was expecting something like food.

Rolling my eyes, I took out my books and suddenly a hair tier slipped out from the inside of a book, making me instantly hold it before it fell on the ground. Observing it, I realized it wasn't my hair tier; it was a bracelet. A woman's bracelet! It was a simple pearl bracelet and a letter was craved in one of the pearls.

The letter L.

My father kept talking and I hummed, trying to figure out from where the hell I got this bracelet from. Was it Mom's? No, it wasn't hers. She disliked any kind of bracelets and her name didn't even start with an L.

Since I couldn't remember anything about the bracelet, I told myself maybe it belonged to someone whom I knew last year as the bracelet looked pretty tarnished and the book which it was in was from last year as well.

A sudden question came to my mind and I couldn't stop myself from asking it to my father as he was the one who told me about everything after I lost my memories. "Dad, did I ever have a girlfriend?"

He was quiet for a few seconds which made me frown. "Where'd that come from?" He laughed. "Of course not!" he assured me and I nodded, a little disappointed.

"If you had a girlfriend I'd have told you about her the moment you gained your consciousness after the car crash. She'd be the first one I'd talk about." He laughed again and honestly it was weird seeing my father being nervous but I brushed off the thought of him hiding something from me––because I believed him.

"True that," I hummed. "Also, Dad. . ." I debated with myself whether I should ask the next question or not. I knew the answer anyways as I had asked this question several times and the answer was the same.

"Yes, Elias?" Dad waited for me to speak as I finally asked.

"Was I really alone that night? When my car crashed? Wasn't someone else with me?" I waited for him to answer, biting my bottom lip, hoping this time the answer wouldn't be the same as before but my hope died when he said:

"Elias," he began. "We've talked about this before. So many times. There really wasn't anyone. It was just you." I nodded at his words, trying to believe him but something deep down beneath me told me not to.

"Don't think about the past so much. What's gone is already gone. We can't do anything about it." He told me softly and I nodded again.

After talking with him and Mom for a while and telling both of them to not do anything for my birthday as I disliked surprises and always preferred to spend my time alone, they both agreed–– and told me I could spend the day however I wanted to.

I untied my hair and let it fall––causing it to plunge over. Tucking a few locks of hair behind my hair, I wore my black oversized coat under my turtleneck sweater and looked for my cat who was playing with some kind of object I never thought I had owned.

"Meow," for some odd reasons I found myself mimicking my cat who was looking at me and giving me looks that clearly said she was done with me.

I rolled my eyes as I looked for the keys of my apartment and after looking for it everywhere I found it under my rug. My legitimate rug!

Before getting out of my apartment with my cat in my lap, my eyes landed on that shining  bracelet again. My eyes lingered upon it for a while and for some reasons I found myself taking it and tucking it inside my coat's pocket carefully and off I went––to my favorite place where I felt most alive.

.

A/N: And this was Elias' POV! how was it? Would love to know your thoughts.

Thank you so much for reading!

*hugs*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.4K 2.8K 93
It is a real story of a guy who falls in love with a girl during his schooling and what all happens in his life ,a Romance ,a Tragedy , a Mystery and...
64K 5.8K 14
He needed help She helped him He needed guidance She guided Him He needed love She loved him He was lost She found him She was broken He mended her ...
45.3K 1.3K 7
As stated by the title these are one shots of the best story on wattpad STORM AND SILENCE!!! The idea for It was the piggies came from Chitrita @Layl...
51.6K 1.4K 20
Not your ordinary love story okay? First off my name I Bridget. I hate this guy who's name is Matthew. We both get out phones taken away during class...