The Return of Napoleon

By MysticAnimations

A classified project in a small town brings Napoleon Bonaparte to the modern world! How will the current gian... More

Prologue
Chapter 2: Movement Along the Countryside
Chapter 3: Frontière

Chapter 1: Mobilization!

408 13 11
By MysticAnimations

All bolded words are in French.

I'm very sorry, but unforeseen circumstances have led me to skip this week. I have a very busy schedule, so I was unable to finish this week's chapter. As a compromise, I'll release 2 chapters on the 24.

-------------------------------------------

London, United Kingdom, 1817

"What do you mean he escaped?!" The British parliament was on fire with activity. Napoleon, their most significant opponent, had just escaped for the second time! The world already knew of their countless mistakes with the first 5 coalitions. If news of the escape reaches the public, the government would be in chaos.

Robert Jenkinson, the prime minister of the United Kingdom, stood up. "Send Louis XVIII a message! I want the mobilization of all police in France!"

One of the diplomats from the Russian Empire objected. "Last time Napoleon came back, they joined him! Are you going to redo the same mistakes we made last time?" The diplomat had a stern look on his face. Nobody wanted a repeat of the Napoleonic wars, mainly the British.

Despite this, Jenkinson snapped back. "He already failed them twice; how could they trust him once more? He was humiliated in front of his own people!"

The diplomat wanted to object once more, but he couldn't go against the British. He quietly succumbed. "Carry on, then! Get a homing Pidgeon for Paris!"

One of the politicians stood up and walked towards a homing Pidgeon. He grabbed a piece of paper, wrote the message, and tied it on the bird. While everyone watched the crow fly south, Jenkinson wrote his own personal letter to King George IV.

-------------------------------------------

2 hours later, Paris, 1817

King Louis XVIII was sitting on his throne when Charles Maurice, his leading diplomat, barged into the room. "My king, we received news from the British that Napoleon has escaped!" Maurice took a short breath before continuing. "They wish for the mobilization of the police."

King Louis was flabbergasted. The greatest enemy to the French Monarchy had escaped, for the second time! "We have no choice but to begin mobilizing them. Concentrate most police at the ports. Anyone who objects will be sent to prison! Now leave me while I think." As Maurice began to leave, King Louis began to sweat. I don't want to be sent to the guillotine!

_____

15 minutes later, France, 1817

Most citizens in France began to worry. Every police officer in the country was active. The King announced that a dangerous criminal had escaped a Prison in France, but the people were suspicious. What they didn't know, however, was that something big was going to occur.

After the French revolution and the Napoleonic Wars, many were left homeless and killed. Now, they were back at square one. They had all their hope in Napoleon, but he failed them twice as well. Usually, the French revolution would continue once more in 1830, but unpredicted events would soon occur.

-------------------------------------------

Lozère, France, 2021

As Philippe entered the Quartex, he analyzed the room. It looked futuristic, unlike any of the modern houses around the world. Tinted glass covered the roof, showing the blazing sun above. Overall, the room was quite bland. There was no notable furniture inside it, aside from the large podium in the center.

Soon, Philippe noticed something strange. Everyone was unnerved and confused as if something significant happened. Right after that thought, one of the most influential men in France appeared. He was the Chief Director of the research center, Gabriel Jade.

"Earlier today, a new phenomenon occurred that would go down in history." He paused and looked at the crowd before continuing. "Proxima Centauri, the star that we had been analyzing, had begun giving off new readings. Around the same time, a man who should have died back in 1821 appeared."

The crowd gave awkward stares as Gabriel stepped back to show a tiny man, presumably 5'6.

"Although I understand not many of you will believe this statement, I enquire you to listen." Gabriel pressed a button on his remote, and a large image showed up behind him. "We call it a rift. It is a new phenomenon that appeared in the bunkers last night. When found, the man next to me laid beside it."

The tiny man puffed his chest. Phillipe gave an awkward giggle to the thought.

Gabriel continued. "This man, despite denying all laws of logic, is the bonafide leader of France, Napoleon Bonaparte."

Murmuring in the crowd could be heard. Some groups of people looked amazed, others fearful. The soldiers partaking in the meeting froze stiffly. Surprise filled the aura of the room.

Gabriel resumed. "I understand that some of you will see this as a joke, but view your phones and look at a picture of this man. There is a definite resemblance between the two."

"Although the rift is now gone, our computers have traced the next one to open in Montpellier. If you pledge you're allegiance now, you shall be given a promotion according to your rank, as well as a starting title of nobility." A few raised eyebrows were seen.

"All essential services will be provided for free, with more bonuses for those who serve the Emperor himself. Both civilians and infantry are eligible to join. There is a station outside to sign your name. The meeting ends here."

A line formed on the exit, with a mixture of soldiers and civilian personnel. Napoleon cracked a smile.

_____

Lozère, France, 30 minutes earlier.

Napoleon was puzzled, to say the least. He had been transported to a future with advanced technology unrivaled by any army at any time. When he was dragged away, Napoleon was forced to explain his experiences, something a true Emperor shouldn't do.

At first, the interrogators were skeptical until they brought in a historian. Finally, something I understand!

The historian agreed with his story, and the interrogation ended. The leader of the land named Gabriel Jade visited Napoleon. Gabriel was a staunch monarchist, which was explained to be unnatural in the modern world.

Gabriel explained the new technology the world has developed, including the sole world power, the United States of America. Although he was surprised the Americans became stronger than the French and the British, he was disappointed France wasn't a world power.

"With this technology, I could march these tanks into any territory and simply take it!" Napoleon began to think of what to do with the new technology. However, Gabriel denounced these claims.

"You fail to understand. France isn't the only country with this technology. Every country in the modern day has these tanks." Napoleon was distraught. There goes that plan.

"However, we could use the rift to go back to the past! The computers can trace the next rift and when it will open. Depending on the circumstances, we could send everyone to the past." Gabriel tried to please Napoleon. He didn't want to anger the greatest tactician in history.

"I like the idea; however, I want to send my entire future army into the 'past.' Now let us stop this meeting. I must get the allegiance of the troops in this building first."

_____

Soon after the meeting ended, Napoleon entered one of the futuristic houses provided by Gabriel. He had a new fire reignited within him. With this technology, I can defeat any army, no matter the size! Napoleon was practically brimming with excitement. Once Napoleon left the house, he ordered his new troops to mobilize and get ready to move.

Napoleon planned to march his troops to Valleraugue. A military base was located in that town, which would hopefully boost his numbers. He looked onto his ready troops, carrying the futuristic guns in their hands. The 'tanks' that the modern armies used were prepared. Over 200 scientists, construction workers, and regular citizens would help construct the necessary buildings to fund such creations of death.

Although short, Napoleon continued to stand tall and proud. Charisma and moral was the most it could be in his army. He had even promised never to harm an enemy citizen during his return.

One of the soldiers that joined Napoleon's army walked towards him. "Bonjour, mon empereur. All fuel trucks are supplied, and every soldier and citizen is provided with a vehicle. We are ready to move south on your orders."

"I shall give an emotional speech to my army. Now move along and join the rest." Napoleon walked to the large gate. Once opened, more than 1000 soldiers and 700 civilians would be moving to Valleraugue.

"I am Napoleon Bonaparte. Together, we shall retake France and reform the world into one made from French ideals! Now let us move towards Valleraugue!" The gates slowly opened, and hundreds of cars and tanks began to move.

Large masses of cheering were heard in the compound. Curious residents watched groups of military trucks and civilian cars move south.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 69.2K 29
After a disastrous first season in London, Rose Wilde finds herself torn between two men who love her -- but who both hide secrets that could ruin he...