Destined to be Together

By iaminshaakber

The tale of separation and reunion of two childhood friends who were destined to be together. _______________... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Maryam's Character Analysis
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62 (LAST)
Epilogue
New Book
cover change

Chapter 34

346 16 63
By iaminshaakber

I went to my room and fell on my bed right after locking the door. I was thinking deeply about why I agreed to this or do I really want to marry now. I do think about marriage and I've been thinking of this recently but is it okay to agree with this proposal? I mean, isn't it too fast? The first thing that I cleared to myself was why I'm agreeing with marriage now. It's because now I am ready, I am ready to let someone complete half of my deen(religion), not because I've attained the age of marriage or I'm old enough to get married because in our family girls already have childs at the age of twenty-five and I'm already thirty-two. I am not much of a religious girl and I'm still learning and working on my religious knowledge, but I am religious enough to know about all Farḍ or halal and haram, I even follow a lot of sunnahs. I know marriage is an important Sunnah and it completes our deen. I'm willing to do it for the sake of my religion and to complete my deen plus I will get the opportunity to complete someone else's deen too.

As for agreeing with this proposal is because I know that if my parents chose someone for me, he would be better for me. He is my cousin so it will make it easy to get to know him properly. I had met him before but it was when I was only ten years old and he was eleven I guess. After shifting to another city he never visited us. Aunt Reem did visit grandma once in a while but she never brought Zaid with her because he was studying in a boarding school.

I'm agreeing to this proposal only because I know Allah(SWT) will choose best for me. I just want to go with the flow. I know if anything will be wrong with this marriage Allah(SWT) will show a sign beforehand and he will protect me as always. I just have to have Tawakkul(trust) in Allah(SWT) and Allah(SWT) will do best for me because he knows what we don't know. If anything goes wrong with it will be because of qadr(fate). If we are fated we will definitely enter Jannah (paradise) together and if we were not fated this marriage will end before the nikah.

I performed my Salah. Read the Quran to calm my nerves. Reciting Surahs is the best way to calm yourself. It gives tranquility to the soul.

It was evening when I performed Maghrib Salah. Aunt Reem and her family will be here at seven so I decided to change into the dress mom gave me earlier. It was a floral printed georgette maxi dress. I paired it with brown coloured tights and a brown coloured hijab.

I was contemplating with myself whether I should go downstairs before their arrival and welcome them or should I wait here for my mom to call me downstairs. That's when I heard our doorbell ring. When I was sure that they're already inside the house and mom and dad welcomed them I decided to go downstairs.

When I went downstairs I saw Aunt Reem, Zaid, Omair, Zainab and their Twelve year's old daughter Asmara and four year's old son Asad were seated on the couch of our living room. Zaid's father uncle Ibrahim has died when I was fifteen in a car accident. I went there and said Salam to everyone. Aunt Reem hugged me tightly. Zainab hugged me too. Aunt Reem told me to sit beside her. After all the greeting and hugging session when I was seated beside Aunt Reem, I got to see the man with whom my dad was fixing my Nikah. When I looked on his side I was shocked looking at him. He was not the Zaid I've seen before. He has completely changed into a fine man. I only remembered his dark brown eyes from childhood. That's why I wanted to know more about his appearance. So I finally looked at him.

He has black hair and his beards are shaved in style. He has good physique not too obese not too skinny I can say he is a gym freak. He was wearing a sky blue formal shirt and a pair of black pants. I can't tell how tall he is because he was seated. But he seems to be a tall guy because Munif was seated right beside him and their height seems almost the same because my brother is 6'1.

These things I noticed in almost ten seconds because I don't want to stare at him and seem like a total freak in front of him. Who knows if Allah has written him for me it will make a bad impression in front of the written one for me.

"Ma Sha Allah you always look beautiful" Aunt Reem complimented me looking lovingly into my eyes and I just smiled at her. The whole situation was so awkward because these things have never happened to me. Aunt Reem visited our house many times and she always complimented me by saying how she always wanted a daughter like me. But this visit is different and it seems so awkward.

Mom got up from her seat and was about to go somewhere when Aunt Reem asked her 'where is she going'.

"To the kitchen," mom said. I got up from my seat to run out of this situation for a little.

"Now where are you going?" Zainab said.

"Kitchen, to help mom" I answered and went there while they were busy talking to my dad and Munif.

While I was in the kitchen helping mom by pouring milkshake into glasses, Asad came inside and tucked my dress.

"Hey baby, do you want something?" I asked.

"I neeth waathel" he said with his tiny voice. He is adorable.

"Okay let me poul you a glass of waathel" I replied trying to mimic his accent. I poured water into a small glass and gave it to him.

"Thant yeou" he said giving the glass back to me.

"You're welcome handsome" I replied.

"Take Asad with you into the living room. I will bring these things," mom said.

"But I came here to help you," I replied.

"I know why you came here. I don't need your help now go to the living room" mom replied.

"Fine" I said and scooped Asad up onto my arms and went out of the kitchen.

"Maryam come here" Zainab said, pating an empty space next to her. I went there and sat beside her on the couch.

"Do you know how happy I am about this relationship" Zainab said "I've always wanted to have a sister like you" she added and I just smiled at her. She is so sweet. She really has a sweet tongue.

"So tell me how's your work going?" She asked.

"It's going great Alhamdulillah, with Allah's will I've done a lot of surgeries so far and willing to treat more people with the help of Allah" I replied enthusiastically because I love it when people talk about my work as a doctor. I can see from the corner of my eyes that Zaid was staring at me while playing with Asad who just escaped from my lap and went to Zaid.

"That's great Ma Sha Allah" she replied.

"Maryam, I really admire your enthusiasm about your dreams. I've heard alot of things about your goals and all from mom," Omair said and he sounded so genuine.

"Thanks," I said, smiling widely.
Everyone was talking to each other except for a certain someone who was the quietest one in the room and lost in his thoughts. I was also quiet but I was attentive with everyone's talk and answering when asked something.

Mom came with a carving trolley filled with snacks and beverages and started arranging the plates on the large tea table. I got up and helped her with the plates of snacks and glasses of beverages on the table.

When the snacks were finished mom got up to bring them to the kitchen and make tea for everyone. I volunteered to make tea. I exited the living room with the trolley now filled with empty plates and glasses. I started preparing tea when Munif came into the kitchen.

"Hey sis, need any help?" He asked.

"No, I'm okay, you go and talk to them" I replied.

"Do you think I came here only to help you, I was getting bored there, you know that I don't like talking about business on my off day and they're only talking about business and stuff" he said "how much I want to play overwatch with Zain it's been so long" he added.

"Then go and do the dishes," I said.

"Okay" he said and went to the sinc and emptied all the plates and glasses from the trolley and started cleaning the dishes.

"So what do you think about this proposal?" I asked him "should I say yes?" I added.

"I don't know, I think you should think properly before saying anything and if you're willing to do that then I'm always with you," he said.

"I want your personal opinion. I know it's up to me to say yes or no and I also know that you will always be by my side but I want you to tell me should I say yes or no" I asked.

"Well after talking to him not too much because he was too quiet he seems like a good guy, he is successful, and he is fulfilling your first criteria of a husband. He is a devout worshiper. If you don't like anyone else and there isn't any other better proposal so you should say yes to this and take your time to know him better and if you ever feel that it's not working or you're not comfortable with him we can always call off the nikah. Don't do anything out of pressure and never think that just because he is our dad's only sister's son so you can spend your life with him out of family pressure without happiness. You should know that a marriage without happiness never lasts long. So if you don't feel good about this relationship you have to take action and call off the wedding before Nikah and never feel pressured. Your brother and your parents are always with you and we love you." He said and I can feel tears in my eyes. 'Oh Allah what good deeds I've to have a lovely brother like Munif'.

"Alhamdulillah my brother has matured so much" I said.

"So what do you think?" He said.

"I think I should give it a chance" I answered "I am going to say yes" I added.

------------------

A/N: Assalamualaikum everyone!
An update for you all.
Maryam is going to say yes! What do you think is going to happen?
Do you think Maryam will end up marrying Zaid?

What do you think about Zaid does he looks like a good guy?

Even Munif is saying that she should give this proposal a chance.

Comment your thoughts.

Don't forget to vote.

Thank you.

👇Vote👇

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

336K 13.3K 51
Book 1 of compilation of short Muslim love stories. Some serious and some funny stories. Short stories: 1~ || Taqdeer - Destiny || (completed) 2~ |...
5.7K 582 36
# 1 in Destiny series __________________ "Who do you think you're? she asked "Rishte main toh hum apke shohar lagte hain" I replied ...
38.7K 1.5K 37
The Ahmed Trilogy Book One Can be read as a stand-alone .•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•. Zayn feels lost, devoid of his...
4.6K 80 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...