A Family of Flaws

SmoochPuff

Peter Parker was Spider-Man. And not a single person knew. Tony Stark is tired of waiting for Spider-Man to c... Еще

Chapter One; Bullies and Criminals
Chapter Two; Watching A Bug
Chapter Three; The Anxious Waiting
Chapter Four; Meeting The Masked Spider
Chapter Five; Out Of The Hospital
Chapter Six; Spies Will Be Spies
Chapter Seven; Watching The Heroes Work
Chapter Eight; Daily Dose Of Anxiety
Chapter Nine; Coffee Break
Chapter Ten; Pills and Questions
Chapter Eleven; A Soldier's Assessment
Chapter Twelve; A Talk With A Friend
Chapter Thirteen; We Need An Intern
Chapter Fourteen; Friends Make Things Better
Chapter Fifteen; Walking But Not Talking
Chapter Sixteen; Two Spiders Meet
Chapter Seventeen; Training With The Mightiest
Chapter Eighteen; Things Feel Normal
Chapter Nineteen; A Masked Friend
Chapter Twenty-One; An E-Mail To Remember
Chapter Twenty-Two; A Team Or A Family
Chapter Twenty-Three; The Cruel World
Chapter Twenty-Four; Mask-Buddies
Chapter Twenty-Five; The Worried Thoughts Of An Ex-Spy
Chapter Twenty-Six; Rooftop Talk
Chapter Twenty-Seven; A Soon-To-Be Arrival
Chapter Twenty-Eight; Flickers Of Anger
Chapter Twenty-Nine; To Shout At Those Who Care
Chapter Thirty; Blank

Chapter Twenty; The Mercenary And Spider Fight

1.9K 69 12
SmoochPuff

*Wade's POV*

  Wade had known he liked that Spider-Dude for a reason! He had that feeling in his stomach that just told him he was was good person. Not that Wade ran into many people like that— but that wasn't the point! The point was that he was right about him being a great hero.

  Unfortunately, it seemed he was worried he would kill him. He wondered where he would have gotten a thought like that from.

  Anyway— he was super excited to talk to the arachnid again! Though he was conflicted. The dude looked a little young— not just like young, like he actually looked young and Wade could admit that he had a bad history of being a bit inappropriate at times.

  And sure— his morals definitely weren't pointed in the right direction, they were pretty much doing a one-eighty of what they should be doing, but he knew there were certain lines that shouldn't be crossed. And kids were off limits.

  So, Spider-Whatever-His-Name-Is could possibly fall in the kid category and that didn't settle well with Wade. It's not like he was gonna go and get all protective of the kid or anything— but suddenly he felt like finding and killing all the criminals that had laid their hands on the spider.

  Holy shit— this was pathetic. If he was so worried about the damn kid he should go out looking for him tonight. He seemed to do nightly patrols anyway so it wouldn't be hard to find him, right?

  But something told Wade that this kid probably wouldn't be too happy if he followed him around. And he didn't want to give the kid any reason to hide from him— honestly, he had just wanted to meet him and say hello. That was normal. Well, if he wasn't a known mercenary it might have been normal. Oh— that might be why he ran away!

  "Fuck— sorry, readers!" Wade mumbled to himself as he balanced on the side of a bridge. The dark, churning waters dangerously clashed against the concrete support beams below him while the cool air rushed around him in angry whistles. Damn, he could be a writer with that description! "But honestly, I got really off track. I'm supposed to be finding little Spidey, right? That's why y'all are reading this." He smacked himself, giggling a bit as he glanced around. "I guess I'll look around for the little shithead."

  He sighed, irritated at himself for finding a stupid kid that he might be slightly concerned about. But it was only because he had rules and one of his rules was no hurting kids! That's the only reason! It's not like he cared or anything!

*Peter's POV*

Okay, okay— shit. This Deadpool person was really not someone he should be messing with. He had known that once he learned the man's name, but still. The stuff he did to those he killed was boardering immoral, even crossing that line at times.

And yeah, he hadn't seemed to want to hurt Peter, but that didn't make him any less afraid of the mercenary. The man had a long list of victims and none of them had ever really stood a chance.

Putting aside his fears, it seemed that Deadpool had been interested in meeting him again and he had no idea how to feel about that.

  Today was Monday, he had come back from patrol yesterday and slept until a few hours before his alarm went off. He had stayed up and finished any homework he had left to do before heading off to an uneventful school day.

  It was around six in the evening by now and all he had been doing was some intense research on Deadpool, but May was going out to work soon which means it would be his time to go out patrolling.

Peter wrote down a few more notes in the notebook he had, now dedicated to information he collects on people he meets in his hero life. It had things for each Avenger and some other heroes and even some villains, including Deadpool as the newest entry.

Once he was finished with that he pulled on his suit and slipped out of his window, hearing May leaving the apartment for work as he did so.

All he wanted to do was go out and patrol for a few hours, help as many people as possible, and then head back home to finish his homework. And for the first three hours, that's what he did.

And then, just when he stopped keeping an eye out for the mercenary, the man somehow snuck up on him again after he stopped a mugging.

Peter webbed up the two men who had tried to rob a young couple, who were now speaking with the police, and climbed up the wall of the building next to the alleyway.

He sighed, catching his breathe after the small fight, and stood by the edge of the roof as he listened for any disturbances in the surrounding area.

And a gloved arm wrapped around his shoulders.

Peter shouted out in shock, trying to wrestle out of the grip as he went tumbling forward. He fell face first off the roof, thinking he was going to nearly fall again, when the gloved arm reached out and dragged him back up.

He collapsed onto the roof and let out a panicked breathe, breathing hard as he stared down at the ground that he had nearly fallen towards. "Wow, you really have an issue with falling off roofs, buddy." The voice of the mercenary who had taken a strange liking to him spoke from above him, leaning forward with his hands on his knees as he stared at Peter.

Peter looked over at the man and glared as best as he could with a mask on his face, hoping his annoyance was apparent. "Do I need to worry about you stalking me or something?!" He groaned, standing up with a huff as Deadpool simply giggled and waved his hand as if he didn't think he was asking that question fully seriously.

"You seem pretty cranky, kid." Peter's shoulders tensed up at the nickname, despite the teasing tone there was a hint of truth, like Deadpool knew. But he couldn't know. He couldn't know.

"D-Don't call me kid... I'm an adult. I-It's weird if you call me a kid..." Peter lied shakily, trying to keep his voice from trembling. The thought of anyone knowing his true age— he couldn't handle that.

Deadpool stood there, staring at Peter with a blank expression on his mask that always seemed to mirror how he was feeling. "Look, I get that the Avengers are pretty stupid, kid, but you really don't look like an adult. You honestly barely look old enough to be a teenager." Deadpool deadpanned, bouncing on his feet with an unamused look on his masked face. And if it had been any other situation, Peter would have been offended by that statement, but he couldn't pull himself together enough to be upset by it right now.

Peter felt his breathing stop, his thoughts froze. Because someone knew. Someone knew. What the fuck was he doing?! He was standing there and the person who knew was standing with him. "Hello? Hey, kid, are you even breathing?" Deadpool waved a hand in front of his face, snapping his fingers to get his attention like everything was fine, but it wasn't because someone actually knew and that just isn't okay. "Please don't die— I would be very uncomfortable if I had to give you the kiss of life, kid."

Peter stepped back in one startled, shaky step. Away from Deadpool— the person who knows. And he took another one, feeling like someone else was in control of his limbs. Deadpool stopped saying whatever it was that he was rambling about and looked at Peter strangely.

"Uh... I won't tell anyone, kid, so you can stop doing... whatever it is that you're doin' right now." Deadpool mumbled, looking around with his hands on his hips.

"Get... get away from me..." Peter whispered out, stepping away from Deadpool, who looked at him in an almost shocked manner as he heard his tone. "I don't know if you actually are a stalker or if you're just an asshole, but it's a secret for a reason you psychopathic murderer." He said icily, turning away and taking off. He didn't need to hear how the man responded— he just wanted to get away from him.

Whatever Peter might have originally felt about Deadpool was long gone, he was wrong when he thought he might be better than his reputation let on. This man was an asshole and Peter didn't want to see him again.

All he could hope for was that the man would keep his mouth shut about what he found out.

*Wade's POV*

  Wade sat on the roof, swinging his legs over the edge as he blew out a breathe. The kid had seemed pissed earlier and he couldn't really pinpoint when the anger had sparked during their conversation.

  He could understand that the kid didn't want his identity found out, but that wasn't what Wade was trying to do at all! He didn't care what his identity was at all, if he was being honest. He just wanted to make sure the kid was okay because he was clearly under the age of eighteen.

  And it wasn't even like Wade had been trying to find out the kid's age! He had realized just by looking at the spider that he was young and he had put together the rest when he was thinking about him. He hadn't wanted to but he didn't see why it was such a big deal! He wouldn't tell anyone about his age, and he definitely wouldn't tell anyone if he knew the kid's identity!

  But as much as Wade felt like he hadn't done anything wrong, he felt like absolute shit. The kid didn't even want to look at him when he stormed off, and he seemed pretty set on never seeing him again.

  Wade had no idea how to fix the situation. He had met the kid one time before tonight but he had known about him for a few months, simply because he was becoming a popular face in the media. But he wanted to get to know the kid a little, maybe become friends when they were in their masks.

  Wade pulled his mask up and rubbed his scarred face, feeling far too defeated for only knowing this kid for a few hours in total.

  He could find a way to fix this. He just needed to give the kid some time to calm down and he needed to rethink how to talk to the kid, and definitely make sure he understands that Wade didn't want to sell him out to the media or anything like that.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

27.6K 835 11
Peter, a not so normal spidey teen has a big secret- no body knows he's the gayest guy around.
50.7K 1.7K 9
Peter Parker. One name every Avenger knew as family but do they really know him? His situation? His job? His responsibility? .....His life? Peter h...
Aftershock Max

Фанфик

17.3K 733 12
It's been a few months since the events of Endgame. Tony Stark managed to survive the snap with the help of his fellow Avengers, but it came with a p...
46.4K 1K 11
Peter has a secret he's Spider-Man well that and he has a crush on his best friend. You have a secret of your own you're known as black cat New York'...