An Inconvenient Attachment x...

By Rozsune

A wish upon a star. For the perfect man to love. But she didn't expect it to be someone like him. When a lady... More

1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16

3

1K 37 9
By Rozsune

I jolted awake and fell onto the wooden floor. I groaned and sat up. I must have fallen asleep on the couch. But the Tv was turned off? I don't remember shutting it off. I sigh and get up. I stretched and cracked my fingers and neck. I yawned and picked up my phone which was on the couch. I sat down and checked for any notifications. I had an alert on my phone from my security camera which was placed outside near my front door. 

I clicked on it and watched the video. It was just a normal raccoon sniffing at my door. Its markings seemed a bit off but what do I know about raccoons. I smiled as it soon walked away. I saved the video as I usually do with animals at my front door. I set my phone down and got up to make breakfast for myself.

I got out a pan and set it on the stove, turning it on. I opened the fridge and grabbed two eggs and the carton of orange juice. I cracked the eggs over the pan and let them cook as I poured orange juice into a glass. I put the carton away and went back to my eggs to scramble them. Once it had finished cooking, I plated the eggs and seasoned them. I grabbed the plate and my cup, sitting down at the table. I got up again to grab a fork. I looked out the window as I silently ate my breakfast.

I washed my plate and noticed something out of the window. " Huh?" I turned off the sink and looked closer. There was a figure at the edge of the forest but it ran off only a moment after I noticed it. I got the chills and closed the blinds. I finished washing everything and called a friend to come over. They agreed and I suggested a sleepover. They were excited and agreed once more. They were to arrive in about one and a half hours. 

I cleaned up my home even though it was already clean. I just wanted to keep myself busy. When I couldn't find anything to clean, I made snacks. I felt eyes on me and looked around. I saw no one, only a bird at the open window. I smile and walked over to it. The bird flew away and I leaned out the window. I then realized the window was open. I never opened it. I shut the window and locked it.

" Why am I so creeped out. It was probably a hiker who didn't realize they were on my property. It's ok (Y/n). Lia will be here soon." I told myself and continued to get out snacks. I sat on my couch when I was finished and just waited. Thankfully not for long as the door was soon knocked on. I got up quickly and opened the door. " (Y/n)!" Lia instantly wrapped her arms around me. I giggle and hug her back.

I pulled away and opened the door further for her to come in. Lia walked in and took off her shoes by the door. " You know I don't really care if you have your shoes on," I reminded her. " Meh, it's more comfortable." She stuck her tongue out slightly. I rolled my eyes as she set her bag down. " Whatcha wanna do?" I asked. She shrugged. " Play some games and eat snacks?" I suggest. " What are we, teens again?" She joked, " What games?" She sat on the couch. 

I grabbed some snacks and drinks and set them down on the coffee table. I then pulled out some games from a cabinet near the Tv. We agreed on Mario Kart. " You're so gonna lose!" Lia said cockily. " Says the loser," I smirk as we started the game. Lia got a headstart but I hit her for a turtle shell as soon as possible. I took the led and she ended up in 7th place while I was in 4th. 

I was able to get into 1st but got blue shelled. " Was that you!?" I ask the girl next to me. Lia laughed evilly, " Perhaps!" " You villain!" We laugh as I get the bullet bill power up and get back into 1st, hitting Lia in the process. She called me a bitch but I won so. " And you said I was gonna lose!" I smirk. " Whatever, " She rolled her eyes and laughed. I smile as the next round started.

After a bunch of rounds of Mario Kart, we took a break to watch a cooking show we both like. We ate some snacks and jokingly commented on everything. The sound of something hitting the wall from outside spooked us both out. " The hell was that?" Lia got up. I wrapped a blanket around myself. Lia slipped her shoes on and grabbed her phone. " Lia don't go out there," I whined. " It's not like it's dark, I'll be back." Lia walked out through the back door.

Lia walked around the house and didn't see anything. She searched the walls and noticed that a bit of the wall was different. It had a little smudge of red. " Blood?" She questioned. " Probably an animal." Lia shrugged and walked back inside. " What was it? Was anything there?" I asked instantly. Lia wafted her hand side to side in the air, " A little smudge of red, probably blood from an animal. Either it's or its meal's blood. No biggie." She took off her shoes and sat down."

I sigh and took the blanket off, " I hope so. Weird things have been happening." " How so?" Lia asked. I started to explained what happened last night and this morning. " Meh, all of that is easily explainable (Y/n). You're thinking about it too much." Lia ruffled my hair. " I guess," I shrug. I hope I'm just over thinking.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.6K 1.3K 16
Y/n L/n, the kind of guy that no one pays attention to. And it would have stayed that way if it weren't for weird beings all suddenly showing up in h...
175K 4.7K 60
Two friends on different sides. One strives to be like his Father while the other strives to be the best she can be. One wishes to hurt while one wis...
5.8K 123 10
What happens when the evil, dark lord Garmadon tries to get out of the underworld? What happens when his youngest son, Lloyd Garmadon wants to help h...
14.3K 406 24
For as long as you can remember, you have been alone. You have felt different compared to others and don't know why. Abandoned and lost with no real...