Deception.

Von WinterBearz

Saffiya finally met the man of her dreams, though it took longer than any of her sisters but she didn't mind... Mehr

One
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty-One.
Twenty-Two.
Twenty-Three.
Twenty-Five.
Twenty-Six.
Twenty-Seven.
Twenty-Eight.
Twenty-Nine.
Thirty.
Thirty-One.

Twenty-Four.

570 90 0
Von WinterBearz

I take a selfie.
But today just isn't my day.

I finally convinced Zahhar to come to the cinema with me. He went to get the tickets, popcorn and our drinks.

You might think he might not be able to carry everything himself but I offered and he declined, he said there were more men in the queue than women and he felt uncomfortable for me to be there.

I'm not sure how he intends to carry everything.
I take another selfie but it turns out worse than the previous ones.

"Should I help you take the picture?"
I raise my head and see a dark handsome guy smiling at me.

"No it's fine, I can manage".
He smiles "I insist, it seems they're not coming out the way you want them to. And looking this good, they should".

"I know but it's fine".
"I know it'll keep bothering me if I don't".

"I'll just ask my husband to take them when he's back"
He makes an 'O' with his mouth.

"You're married?"
I nod.
"I'm so sorry, I didn't know. My apologies".

I smile "it's fine but thanks for offering to take them anyway"
"Bye" he walks away embarrassed.

I giggle.
"Let's go"

I raise my head and look at Zahhar, he looked pissed with only one bucket of popcorn and nothing else.
"The popcorn is finished?"
"No" he says walking away.

I pick up my bag and follow behind him trying to keep up with his long, fast strides.

"You didn't get the movies you wanted?"
I ask increasing my pace so I can keep up.

He doesn't say anything.
"Did you fight with someone?"

He halts and looks at me, offended "Fight? I didn't fight with anyone" he continues walking. I stay quiet and just follow behind.

::

I stare at him.
We are sitting down in the parlor in his bedroom. He's working on his laptop.

He barely said five words since we got back.
After taking my bath I decided to join him but he hasn't said a word to me and it's been over an hour.

"Zahhar?"
"Hmm?"

"Should I make you a cup of tea? It's kinda cold, it's gonna be a cool night".
"No"

"You sure?"
"Hmm"

I huff frustratedly before walking over and sitting beside him. I wanted to collect the laptop to get his attention but the last time I tried that things didn't end happily.
"Tell me, what happened?"

He looks at me "So you don't know?"
"Did I do something wrong?"

He stares at me "No I'm angry because I did something wrong" he says sarcastically.
I huff "Well I know I didn't do anything" I fold my arms.

He scoffs "Flirting isn't anything wrong?"
"What?"

"I saw you smiling and flirting with that guy earlier, you're married Saffiyya you can't just go around smiling and flirting with any guy that approaches you. Have some class".

I start laughing, he kept looking at me irritated. "I wasn't flirting, he offered to take pictures and I told him I was married".

He looks at me "I don't believe you"
"I'm being honest. Why would I flirt with him when I'm married to you? He doesn't compare, at all"

He just stares at me "Next time just leave"
I smile "Before they even think about it".

He smiles widely "Let's go sleep, I'm tired".
I nod.

::

"No, don't put that there. Just keep it by the side"

"Make sure it's fresh"

"It should be emerald not forest green"

"No. I don't want the colored cups".

"It's should be served hot so cover it completely".

"Make sure the table is set"

"The cutlery have to be spotless".

I huff after making sure everything is perfect.
Farouq had finally gotten the girl he wants to marry. She isn't the one he loves but she's the daughter of my late father in-law's very good friend.

Her name is Khairat.
We met last week and she's a very interesting person, never a dull moment with her.

Zahhar and some of his uncles made things official with her family last two months and now her family (female) are coming over for a proper introduction to his family (family) and because coincidentally naturally Zahhar's family is lacking with women, like 80% are male.

So Mama, Aunt Lami (his late father's only female cousin), Aunt Saratu (Ma's older sister), Ummita (their oldest cousin), Labiba (Aunt Lami's first daughter), Ma and I are the only women present and because Zahhar is his older brother it's supposed to be in my house.

"Well done Saffiyya, you got everything done before we even got here. And we rushed so we could help you" Ma says smiling from ear to ear.
"It's fine Ma, Farouq is like an older brother so doing this for him is a pleasure".

She smiles "I'm glad but where is Zahhar?"
I shake my head "He's upstairs getting ready, he wants to leave before they get here".

She laughs "But they'll be here any second".
"Then I'll hurry and go rush him".

.
I close his bedroom door.
"I'll be done in a second! Don't rush me" he shouts from his closet the moment the door closes.

"Ma and everyone are here now, waiting for the guests. If you don't hurry they'll meet you here".

He comes out with his caftan trouser and vest.
"Which cap should I wear? The sky blue or the Navy blue?" He asks raising both.

"It's not navy blue, it's Prussian blue".
"Saffiyya you're the only person who cares about the exact names. Blue is blue, doesn't matter the shade, at least to me".

I shake my head "The PRUSSIAN BLUE"
"Oh the Navy blue? Fine".

He walks back in.
"You look great by the way".
"Ouuu really? Thanks. Ma got it for me".

I'm wearing a baby pink gown, it has a long sleeve, pearls around the neck and on the ropes, I wore it with its head tie wrapped and one of the shoes in my wedding box, a white Micheal Kors flat with ropes, similar to sandals.

"Now it makes sense".
He walks out fully dressed "Can you pass me my wallet please".

I open his night stand and choose his black wallet before I put in all his cards. He has this thing were he can't control himself, he always has to empty his wallet inside his drawer.

I pick his phone and hand both to him before we both hurry downstairs but to my husband's dismay, the guests were already here, outside.

We come out.
Ma smiles when she sees us "This is my eldest son, his older brother Zahhar and his wife Saffiyya" She looks at us and whispers "The bride's mother".

"Welcome" Zahhar says with the fakest smile I've ever seen.
"Please make yourself at home"
"Thank you"

Two young women, probably younger than I am walk over and stand next to her "These are my daughters Fatima and Zainab, the bride's younger sisters".

I could see them admiring my baby but he's mine and mine alone.
"It's good to meet you all but I have an important meeting to attend, enjoy yourselves".

We start walking to the garage, my eyes still on his sisters who were still admiring my property.
"They're not my type you know"

I turn and look at him, he wasn't even looking "How'd you know?"
"I noticed the way they looked at me and the way you looked at them after wards".

I blush "Yeah. Which meeting are you attending anyway?"
He laughs "None, I'm meeting with Abdulqadir at his place, let out some steam".

"Saffiyya!" Ma calls me.
I could barely see them anymore her voice was so clear.

"Can't escort you to the car, bye" I jog away.

::
::
::

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

61.6K 8.2K 26
we all know that sometimes a lie could get you in trouble sometimes but for faiza it got her in love....A Nigerian based novel Completed✅
42.9K 4.7K 68
They say; •~Indeed, their is light at the end of every tunnel~• Read and find out how a lady who is so much against arranged marriages finds herself...
15.8K 1.9K 16
An irresponsible, pampered, rich man falls in love with a girl who doesn't know of his existence but he doesn't care, he wants to marry her and he ha...
5.3K 759 22
A WORK OF FICTION. Tales Of The Heart could come in different forms. My story might be different from yours, her story may be similar to yours, our s...