Karna- The Hero Chosen by the...

By vikramdey

What will happen if Karna was destined to be the son of Suryadev and Devi Sangya but due to some circumstance... More

Introduction
Devi Sangya's yearning for a son
Sage Durbasha's Curse
Kunti's mistake- Boon or curse
Karna-The hero was born
Devi Ganga's blessing
Karna-not a happy childhood
The truth revealed- a big decision
Bhayankarasur
Conspiracy against Karna
Kumbhilla Forest
A new beginning
Karna's New journey
Lord Parshuram
Convincing Lord Parshuram
Training from Lord Parshuram
Meeting with the parents
Fight with Indra
Whom will Karna choose?
Back to Hastinapur- Karna meets Kunti
Tournament
Panchal war
Aswatthama's mistake
Lord Parshuram's Gurudakshina
Karna's new Friend
Defeating Pandavas
Yudhishtir's coronation: Krishna met Karna
Varanavat
Saving Pandavas,
Jarasandha imprisoned Kauravas
Jarasandha Vadh
Who is Karna's soulmate?
Panchali's swyamvar
Draupadi's decision
Beginning of a love story
Return of Pandavas
Duryodhana's love
Saving Bhanumati
Karnasangini
Karna defeated
Karna proposed Avni
Shishupal vadh
Karna left Duryadhana
Shakuni's Plan
Chandasur attacked Hastinapur
Takshak's revenge
Big truth revealed
Shakuni's master plan (I)
Shakuni's master plan (II)
Announcement
Dice game (I)
Dice game (II)
The sacrifice of a brother
Aftermath
Aftermath II
Vanvas
Digvijaya (I)
Digvijaya (II)
Karna's Master stroke
Karna-Avni Vivah
Announcement
Conspiracy by Asurs
Jayadrath
Question
Agyatvas
Keechak Vadh
Virat war (I)
Announcement
Virat war (II)
Virat War (III)
Bhayankarasur's dangerous planning
Apologies
Dwarka
Power of a true Sati
Birth of new God and Goddess
Goddess of Protection
Saving Suryadev
Preparation for the upcoming Mahayudh
Mahayudh (I)
Mahayudh (II)
Night Attack
Antim Yudh
Trailer of an upcoming book
Rewards and Punishment

Invitation

3.2K 154 41
By vikramdey

Dhritarashtra declared to arrange a function to honor Pandavas. All the Kuru elders were shocked as everyone knew that Dhritarashtra hated Pandavas. He asked Vidur to take the message and invite the Pandavas.

Later Vidur asked Bheesm, 'Taatshri, what do think.....I am smelling a big conspiracy.'

Bheesm, 'You are right. But we cannot do anything. We just need to follow Maharaj's orders. But Vidur I am worried for Pandavas.'

Vidur, 'Now only two persons can do anything. Vasudev and Karna.'

Bheesm, ' Then go to Karna's house and talk to him. It will be also great if we send the invitation to Krishna as well.'

Vidur, 'Okay taatshri.'

Little did they knew Shakuni already thought about Krishna and Karna. Shakuni took help from Salva the king of Sauba to stop Krishna from interfering. Salva was a friend of Shishupal and he wanted to take revenge for his friend's murder. He knew that he could not do anything against Dwarka or Indraprastha. But Shakuni asked him to launch an attack on Dwarka just to engage Krishna during the dice game.

Shakuni, 'Karna, I removed Vasudev from my path for now. As for you, your own mother gave me the biggest weapon against you.'

Flashback 1

Mrinalini came to the palace and asked to meet Shakuni,

Shakuni, 'What happened girl? You at this time? I hope you bring some good news.'

Mrinalini, 'I have the news which will change everything....today maharani Kunti came to Karna's house.'

Shakuni, 'What...why?'

Mrinalini evilly, 'She is the birth mother of  Karna. Karna is none other than the firstborn of Kunti. He was born before her marriage and she threw him into the water. Adhirath kaka found hin in the bank of the river. She wanted to talk to Karna.'

Shakuni, 'Does Karna know about this truth.'

Mrinalini, 'I am not sure but Radha kaki knows and she asked Kunti not to come to their house again. She insulted her and sent her back. She even asked Karna not to go to the palace or help any royalties.'

Shakuni, 'My girl you don't know what have you done today. That'd the news I was waiting for. Take this bag full of gold.'

Mrinalini, 'I don't want just these golds. I want Karna. He rejected me, now I want him to be mine and mine only. You promised me that you will help me getting him.'

Shakuni, 'Don't worry, soon he himself will ask for your forgiveness and bow in front of you. Now go home dear.'

Flashback ended

Shakuni, 'Radha is angry on the royalties so she will not let Karna come and rescue his brothers. But I have to be prepared for everything.'

Vidur went to meet Karna but he informed Vidur that Radha was adamant in her decision. She would never allow him to help the royalties. Vidur was dejected. He knew that even Vasudev was also busy with the war against Salva. But following his king's order, Vidur went to Indraprastha.

Indraprastha

Vidur came to the royal court and gave them the invitation. the Pandavas were skeptical about the invitation.

Arjun, 'Taatshri is inviting us. It's impossible....I think they must have some plans in their mind.'

Yudhishtir, 'But it will be bad if we declined this invitation. It will insult our elders.

Vidur, 'Putra Yudhishtir. Arjun is right. Me, Taatshri, even Guru Dronacharya were tensed for your security. I am sure Shakuni will do something bad.'

 Yudhishtir, 'But you all will be there. If mamashri tries to do anything you all can protect us, right? Then why will I be scared.'

Vidur, 'Yudhishtir, I really don't know what Shakuni's motive is. And for Duryodhana, when Karna was there I felt relieved as he always stopped him from committing any sin. But now he left and Duryodhana becomes more aggressive. My sons, if you want to accept this invitation and go there, then please be careful.

Yudhishtir, 'Sure Kakashri. As long we five brothers are together no one can harm us.'

Vidur, 'My son when you know that the Kauravas are conspiring against you then why take the risk. The best war is the one that was never fought. Please, my son, don't go. It will be risky.'

Nakul, 'Kakashri nothing will happen. We are the best warriors and no one can beat us.'

Vidur returned Hastinapur thinking, 'Overconfidence is fatal. Because of this overconfidence, Arjun was defeated by Karna. That day I was angry with him but now I realized what Karna tried to say. He knew that you guys are blinded by rules, pride and vanity. Yudhishtir you want to be the Chakravarty Samrat but one should not be so naive. God...please help me. I am having a very bad feeling about this.'

Hastinapur, a few days later

The Pandavas along with Draupadi came to Hastinapur. All other queens along with Subhadra were present in their own kingdom. Dhritarashtra, Shakuni and other Kauravas came to welcome them. Gandhari was very happy that she took Kunti to her chamber. Duryodhana was also there but he looked rather gloomy. Seeing that Bheem said, 'Brothers did you see his face? I think Tatshri understood that it will be better for Hastinapur to maintain good relation with us, that's why he invited us. But this Duryodhana cannot digest this fact, so he is sad. It will be fun to see his face when Taatshri will honor our Jyasht.'

Shakuni already heard that. He thought, 'Wait my child...soon you will understand what traps are laid for you. Then I will see who becomes sad.'

He went to Duryodhana's chamber. He seemed to lost in his thought. Shakuni,  'Mere bacche...why are so gloomy. Come on you should be happy as your enemies themselves came into your tarp. For now, pretend to be happy in front of them. Then the next part of our plan will begin.'

Duryodhana, 'Mamasri, I don't feel right. I mean yes I want to defeat them but what we are going to do is not the dharma of a Kshatriya. Why don't we wage war against them and take their kingdom? That will be humiliating enough.'

Shakuni, 'You are too naive my son. There is nothing wrong in politics. The only thing matters are victory. Why wage a war and destroy resources to kill these Pandavas when we can defeat them by other means. And this is not just defeating and humiliating them. We are doing this also to bring our weapon back.'

Duryodhana, 'I don't know Mamashri. I just don't want to hurt him. To you he may be a weapon, yes it is true that I befriended him to get his help. But now I realized that my friendship is true. Please Mamashri, do whatever you want but please don't drag him in this.'

Shakuni (in mind), 'Why mantra's magic does not work on him when it comes about Karna. Friendship is pure emotion, so maybe that's why the dark forces cannot increase Duryodhana's anger for Karna. I have to think of something else.'

Shakuni, 'Bacche, don't worry, just wait and watch. And do you think we shall let that Pandavas and Draupadi go away that easily after what they did? They are responsible for your humiliation, they are the ones who forced Karna to get angry at you, because of them Bhanumati was not talking to you. They not only insulted you but to your father, your family and your best friend. You are Prince and a prince should never forget the insult.'

Duryodhana, 'You are right...(angrily), this incident will not only destroy the Pandavas but also affect that trickster Krishna as well. Now I want to see his face when he will get the news. Ha..Ha.

Shakuni, 'But promise me bacche. Whatever I do, you will not stop me. You know that I am your well-wisher. So whatever I will do, it will be always for your own benefit.'

Meanwhile, Yudhishtir requested Vidur to arrange a secret meeting with Karna.

Vidur (surprised), 'But why? Yudhishtir, please he is a very good guy. I don't want him to get insulted by you anymore.'

Yudhishtir was embarrassed, 'No Kakashri, I just want to talk to him.'

Vidur, 'His mother forbade him not to come to the royal palace. But you can go to the bank of river Ganga early morning tomorrow. He comes there every morning for Surya puja.'

Next Day,

Yudhishtir went to the bank of the Ganga river. He saw Karna was doing his Suryapuja. Yudhishtir was stunned to see him. It seemed like Karna's body was glowing like a sun. It was like Suryadev himself was standing in front of him.

After his puja, Karna turned and saw Yudhisthir. He calmly said, 'Prannam Maharaj, what brings you here today?'

Yudhistir, 'Karna I came to apologize on behalf of my brothers.'

Karna, 'What..the Dharmraj is apologizing to an adharmi Suta who broke the law and learned archery. Are you okay...or should I call a doctor?'

Yudhistir, 'I know you are angry but you saved us. I know that the poison given to us was Kalkut. I also know that you came to Indraprastha. I did not know what you did to save us..but thanks. And please forgive my brothers.'

Karna, 'Samrat I hold no grudges against you, but forgiveness can only be earned when your intentions are true. Do you still believe that lower caste people should not learn Vedas and archery?'

Yudhistir, 'Yes I still believe in that.'

Karna, 'Then you learned nothing Samrat. Samrat god created humans and we created caste. If God wants us to be different then he himself will create different types of humans, but that's not the case. He gave us equal physique, equal ability. Then why do you think we are inferior?'

Yudhishtir dumbfounded, 'But it is said by the teachers .'

Karna (frustrated), 'Please read the books and try to understand properly. You are following Dharma because it is written in the book, but you do not understand it. Samrat Dharma gives us freedom, not shackles. Please come out from this cage otherwise one day this Dharmagyan of yours will create a big problem for you. Okay, I have to go..but remember what I said. Pranipat.'

Yudhistir, 'Pranipat, Oh by the way congratulation for your upcoming marriage ceremony. When is it?'

Karna, 'Two days later. Thank you, Samrat.'

In the palace

Dhritarashtra welcomed all the Pandavas with royal breakfast. He also arranged some entertainment for their honor. The Pandavas were very happy. He also promised more entertainment in the evening. In mind, he said, 'You called me blind. Now you will see what we can do?'

In Suryalok

Devi Sangya was tensed. She thought, 'No I have to stop the disaster that's going to happen today. Suryadev or other gods will never interfere with Karna's mortal life but how I can sit here doing nothing? He is my son and I have to protect him.'

She disguised herself as a Sadhvi and went to Hastinapur.

Hastinapur,

Radha came to the Shiv mandir. Two days later it was Karna's marriage and she was very happy. It was just a private function as Radha wanted her son to get married as soon as possible. So they just invited their neighbors. Today she came to the temple to pray for their happy married life. Suddenly she heard, 'Bam Bhole'.

Radha looked and saw a Sadhvi was standing behind her. She had a radiant aura around her and anyone could tell  She bowed and touched her feet, 'Prannam Mata, it is my honor to meet such an honorable sage like you.'

Devi Sangya, 'Kalyan ho, Putri I can see that you are here to pray for your son's happy married life.'

Radha overwhelmed, 'Yes Devi, I know you are not an ordinary sage. Please come to our house. My family members will be blessed in your presence.'

Devi Sangya, 'No Putri, not today. But let me tell you one thing, I can see a problem in your son's life. If you want to protect your son. Don't let him go to the royal palace before his marriage. Otherwise, he will be in big trouble.'

Radha, 'What...no no. I will not let that happen. I will never allow him to go to the palace at any cost.'

Devi Sangya, 'Then it's okay. Take care of our son.' Then she left.

Radha almost ran to her way back home. She asked Adhirath anxiously, 'Where is Karna?'

Adhirath was shocked by Radha's condition, He said, 'Karna just left. he said he had some urgent work to finish.'

Radha shouted, 'Find him, I want him in front of me right now.'

Everyone was afraid to see her condition. Shon asked, 'Maa what happened, why are you tensed?'

Radha told them what happened in the temple. Adhirath, 'Radha calm down, he will never go to the palace as he promised to you. My son will never break his promise.'

Radha (sobbing), 'Please I just want my son to be safe. Please go and find him.'

In the forest

Karna asked Avni to meet him near the forest where they practiced. From tomorrow the marriage rituals would start and could not meet her. So he just wanted to spend some time with her. When Avni came there she saw Karna was busy cleaning the arrows. The sunlight fell on his face creating a golden hue around his flawless skin. Hering her footstep Karna looked at her. Avni wore a pink saree with a pink flower on the braid. She never wore heavy make-ups or jewelry but still, she looked like the most beautiful girl in the entire world. She smiled at him. Karna was completely mesmerized by her beauty.

'Karna, what happened? Why are you looking at me like this? Is there something in my hair?'

Karna chuckled at her childish question, 'She is fierce like a lioness but innocent and pure like the morning dewdrop.' He thought.

Karna, 'Priye, I want to tell you something. Something important before our marriage.'

Avni tensed, 'what happened Suryanandan.'

Karna, 'Priye, did anyone told you that...'

Avni was scared, 'Tell me what...Please tell me.'

Karna, 'That you are the most beautiful girl in the entire world.'

Avni, 'What...you are teasing me? wait.'

She chased Karna, Karna, 'Avni you will never catch me.'

Avni, 'I will..just wait.'

Karna was running super fast so Avni decided to trick him a little. She pretended to fall down. Seeing her falling down Karna ran towards her, 'Avni..what happened? Are you hurt? Oh...I am so sorry.'

Suddenly Avni caught his Angvastra and said, 'I told you I will catch you. You lost Arya.'

Karna laughed and poked in her nose, 'You cheated.'

Avni, 'Still I am the winner. You defeated.'

Karna, 'I will always accept defeat in front of you for the rest of my life.'

Suddenly Avni hugged Karna, 'Arya promise me that you will never leave me. I don't want to lose you.'

Karna hugged her back, 'Avni nothing on earth can come between us now. We are destined to be together. Whatever happens, we will always stay together. You are my life, my soul. How can I go away from you?'

Avni still felt a fear in her heart. As if a big storm was coming to snatch away her happiness from her. She closed her eyes and prayed, 'Hey Lord Mahadev, please protect my love. Don't separate us.'

Karna looked at her. Her big, beautiful eyes, her nose, her petal-like lips. Karna could not stop himself. He just kissed her. Avi was stunned at first but felt ecstatic. She wrapped her hands around his neck and kissed him back with the same passion.

Both of them were lost in their little world of love. Suddenly both of them heard ' Cough, cough,' they turned to see, Bheesm was standing there with an amused look on his face. Both Avni and Karna hurriedly moved away from each other. Avni turned around in embarrassment and Karna's face turned beet red seeing the elderly person there.
Bheesm said, 'Don't worry my kids. Young couple in love can express their feelings. There's nothing to feel shy about.'
Karna cleared his throat and asked, 'Mahamahim, you here? Is everything okay?'
Bheesm's expression turned serious. He felt bad to say all the news of conspiracy and politics to these love birds. He had no intention to ruin their moment but he was helpless.
Avni, 'Pranipat Mahamahim. You can tell us what is bothering you. Please don't hesitate.'
Bheesm sadly said, 'Dear, I am sorry to disturb you. I know after 2 days it's your marriage ceremony. But I am scared for today. I don't know what Shakuni intends to do. One of a servent informed me today that Shakuni was talking to Aswatthama and Dusshasshan about some game and revenge. He also heard them talking about Karna. But he failed to hear everything properly. Avni, dear I know they are conspiring against Karna. I have never felt such helplessness in my entire life.'
Avni, ' Mahamahim, you are tensed for Karna? You should be worried for the Pandavas as they are your family.'
Bheesm, 'Dear, one thing I learned from both of you. That family is not made by blood, but by love. I am worried about the Pandavas and I tried to warn them, but Yudhishtir was too blinded by his Dharma that he did not pay any heeds to our words. But I am scared for both of you. Shakuni will definitely do something bad to force you to join them. And Duryodhana, I don't know what he is up to? So Karna it will be better if you just leave Hastinapur for few days. It's better if you leave today. I don't want both of your life to be ruined by this web of politics.'

Karna was overwhelmed, 'Mahamahim, I am happy that at least you thought about me and Avni. Don't worry, my Prabhu Narayan is with me. He will protect us.'

Bheesm left thinking, 'Hey Prabhu, please don't ruin their life. Many lives were already destroyed because of Hastinapur's royal politics. I cannot see more lives at stake because of our foolishness and greed.'

Next- Dyut sabha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.1K 1.4K 14
A Karna-Arjun what-if story. What could have been, if before the war, Kunti let her sons know about the King of Anga's true birth? Conflicted with th...
My life is a Mistake By Priya

Historical Fiction

75.1K 3.1K 20
I have to stop rajmata kunti and pandavas from going varnavat, what happened to duryodhan, why he obeys his mamashree always, this is wrong, and I a...
28.3K 1.7K 22
Two parallel universes: one where Karna and Arjun are sworn to kill each other, another where they grew up together as Kunti's sons. The latter get a...
Another Chance for Lives By

Historical Fiction

46.5K 2.2K 41
Karna and Draupadi. A story for many who wanted another chance for Karna and Draupadi. What if the Gods decides to give them another chance? What wi...