The Missing

By Mech-x4fan

Before passing away from tainted hot dogs, Luke had one commitment that could easily distract him from the on... More

The Lost and The Found
Wish You the Best
Family
Ghost in the Garage
Home
In Case You Didn't Know
Breathe
Silhouette
Sweet Night

Touch

4.5K 105 28
By Mech-x4fan

So, I'm doing this authors note in the beginning because I know if your like me sometimes we don't read them. I wanted to explain myself before you read this chapter because I wanted to come clean.
Life has been crazy lately, school finishing and graduating, than I had to deal with graduation parties my own and friends. I also am currently working on a apartment to hopefully move in to soon while also getting ready for a trip to Kaui, one of Hawaii's little islands.
Yet that isn't the only reason why I got encouraged to write again. Family issues had came into my life and stuff happened. Seeing this happening it reminded me that writing was my only escape sometimes from this life I live in. But I had such a huge writers block, not knowing how to write this one scene, but today's events encouraged me to get out of that rut and now I'm back.
Do I plan to go and update on a schedule? Can't promise since schedules were never something I could stick by at anytime in my life. Yet, I can promise that this story will be finished and I will make sure of that. So, thank you to all who stayed by this book and was willing to wait for my writing slump to disappear even if it was for the wrong reasons.
Now enough of that, here's a new chapter that I hope you all like.

"There are friends, there is family, and then there are friends that become family."

~☠️~🌹~☠️~

Luke still held a frightened look on his face, after being forced out of the young Molina's room, he could almost feel his dead heart race, that was if he still had a heart beat. When he reached the bottom of the stairs and turned around did he notice that they were one person missing.

"Where's Alex?"

Reggie, looked up at his friend. "He was following us, wasn't he?" Looking around to notice his missing friend as well.

Just as Luke opened his mouth, did they hear heavy foot steps coming from the stairs. "I'm here! I'm here!"

"Yeah, we can see that Al." Luke briefly rolling his eyes. "What held you up?"

"I was just checking on Julie and asking about the music program."

Luke's eyes started to light up and he could feel himself start to grow a slight sense of hopefulness for the girl, after doing that performance this morning. "So, did she get back in?"

Alex just let out a sigh and shook his head, killing Luke and Reggie's mood. "No, I guess her spot had already been filled by the time they told the teacher."

Not liking that answer, Luke could feel his brain trying to think of a way to help the girl, until an idea popped into his mind. "Well I guess will just have to find a way to change the teachers mind, won't we boys." Luke said proudly, a look of determination as his usual cunning smirk adorned his face. "Come on guy's we got a song to find."

After that statement, Luke teleported out of the house, most likely to the garage, Alex soon following. Just as Reggie was about to join the duo, he felt someone walk through him while letting out a loud sigh.

"I am never going to get use to that." He muttered before focusing on the adult who was now pacing around what looked to be a makeshift office space. That weird metal device that Julie called a phone, as she continued to shuffle through papers occasionally grabbing something under her shirt.

"Yes, Maya I promise to send the photos soon as I can. No, I'm not trying to sabotage myself from selling the house." Reggie could slowly see Julie's mom getting more stress at what might have been her friend.

It was only a few seconds after that she finally snapped, slamming her phone down on the desk. "Maya, please just stop, alright!" She yelled, taking a sharp breathe. "I will send the photos soon, just give me time. I'll talk to you later."

Before her friend could say anything else, Mrs. Molina hung the phone up before pushing her hands against her head. How she was handling the stress almost reminded Reggie of Luke and his sister, being that they both could never handle it really well. The two of them usually tended to do something stupid when statisticians like this arise.

"Breathe Emily, just breathe." She muttered, not noticing the look of concern she was getting from the only other being in the room, who also felt a pang in his heart just from the name. "Just breathe, ok. Everything is fine, everything will be fine. Just breathe."

When her hands had finally stopped shaking too much and her breathing evened out, Emily could feel herself do the normal routine she did to level her stress. Doing a personal fist bump with herself before pointing two finger guns at each other, after snapping her fingers. Even though it seemed stupid to do something like this by yourself, Emily could feel her anxiety slowly clam down and finally allow herself to focus on the task at hand as she left for the kitchen to find her camera.

Yet, as she once again left the room, Reggie was still staring at the space. His eyes slowly glazing a little over as he remembered the day he taught someone that similar handshake too, not so long ago.

~☠️~🌹~☠️~

"I don't think I can do it Rooroo." A seven year old Emily said too Reggie, as they sat in the Patterson's driveway, next to a discarded bike.

"Come on Em, riding a bike isn't that difficult." Reggie smiled at the girl. "Plus didn't you say that you wanted to ride with Luke and us guys?"

Rolling her eyes at the boy, still hating the death contraption that was laying in front of her. Yes, Emily wanted to learn how to ride a bike that way she could join her brother and friends rather than sitting at home waiting for Luke to explain what they did that day. Yet, after falling on her face and knees so many times you confidence levels really start to drop.

Reggie could see the fear in the girl's eyes, and not enjoying the feeling of hurt that was growing in his heart, he turned the girls face towards him with his fingers.

"Ok, what's really the issue Emily? Why don't you want to learn how to ride a bike?" He felt himself ask.

"I just don't want to disappoint Luke and you guys." She whispered, embarrassed for saying it out loud.

"Huh?" The boy questioned. "You want a fish taco?"

The little girl once again rolled her eyes, knowing that he heard her he just was trying to make her laugh like usual. "You know what I said Roo, don't act all stupid."

"Em, first of all you can never disappoint me and Alex. You may not be our little sister by blood, but your still counted as family to us." Still seeing the self doubt he pulled the girl into a hug. "Plus you know Luke will never, ever, EVER be disappointed in you. Your his little sister and number one fan, he loves you to much to ever feel that way."

Reggie felt the girl pull her head away from his chest and look at his with those big brown eyes. "You really mean that Roo?"

"Yeah, I really mean it kiddo. Now come on I want to show you something."

Helping Emily stand up fully, while he kneeled he held a fist up, indicating for her to do the same thing.

"Alright you bring your fist up while I bring my first down," after she followed his instruction, Reggie smiled. "Good, now bring your fist down, while I go up and after snap your fingers and do a finger gun."

When they both ended at the same time pointing at each other, did Reggie fully stand up and reach the bike. "Now hop on, we're going to try this one more time."

"But why did we do that weird handshake thing?"

"Em, do you trust me?"

"Yes, but..."

"Than get on the bike." He finished as he made sure the bike was standing up correctly.

"Fine" she responded, gradually got back on the bike. When he patted he shoulder did she start pedaling and gaining a little speed. "Roo don't let go until I tell you."

"I promise Em, just keep pedaling and steering." He said, but secretly started to let go of the girl. "Just keep going on straight."

"Just breathe Emily, you can do it. For LuLu." She whispered not feeling the absent presence, but rather the wind whipping her hair underneath the bike helmet. "You can let go now Roo!"

All she got for a response was a loud laugh that felt miles behind her, indicating her to turn around. There a few blocks away was Reggie as he did a stupid happy dance in the middle of the road. Quickly, but slowly, turning around, did Emily ride back to him before cautiously jumping off and running to her friend.

"You lied to me you jerk!" Her little fist punching his leg, getting groans of pain from Reggie. "You said you weren't going to let go until I told you."

"Alright, Alright. I'm sorry Em, but the reason why I let go was because like I'm that handshake you have hard times, but you can still get through it, and you did just that." He reassured the girl as he picked her up and spun her around.

"Roo, please stop I'm getting dizzy." Listening to her, did he stop but still kept the girl in his arms. "Roo can you promise me something?"

"Sure Em, you name it." He smiled.

"Can you promise not to leave me?"

That smile grew bigger as he kissed the girl on the forehead. "Yeah, Em I promise I won't leave you. Now let's do that one more time before we go show Luke and Alex, ok?"

"Ok"

~☠️~🌹~☠️~

"I'm so sorry Em." Reggie whispered to himself, ignoring the tears that were coming from his eyes. "I guess some promise can't always be kept."

As Reggie got ready to leave an unknown gust of wind came from the open window, making what looked to be a photo fly towards the boys feet. What he saw made the boy freeze in his spot, not hearing the familiar whoosh behind him.

"Reggie, what's taking you so long." Alex's voice rang in his ear. "Did you forget how to ghost or something?"  When Alex still got nothing from the boy, did he walk closer, and put a hand lightly on his shoulder. "Reg, you ok?"

Reggie turned towards his friend the photo now in his hand, as he stared at his blond haired friend.

"I think Julie's mom is Emily."

So, finally an update, hope y'all enjoyed.

-Mech-x4fan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.9K 462 26
Y/n is in the band Sunset Curve. She and Luke have always been flirty with each other everyone else in the band knew they liked each other but they j...
65.6K 1.5K 15
Starr Jackson, the lead singer in Starr Revival, lived a normal life. That was until she saw those three ghost boys at her neighbor, Julie's house. S...
Ghost By KJ

Fanfiction

106K 2.5K 47
Chris thought her life couldn't get any worse, losing her mom the night they got into a huge fight, her little sister shutting out the one thing that...
128K 2.2K 79
𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄𝐒 𝐕𝐎𝐋 𝟏-𝟐 & 𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐊 BEST JATP FANFIC '22 WINNER the boys were connected to julie, but what if there was someone...