Ruthless Obsession

By fantasywriter230

Ruth has a past, like all children who grow up in the mafia. Perhaps this is what makes them so similar; the... More

- Introduction -
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thirty-five

Chapter twenty-seven

15.5K 255 381
By fantasywriter230

boobs -unknown

-------------------------------

I wake up to the aroma of bacon.

Angelo snuggles into my neck grazing my shoulder with his light stubble. His demeanor suggests he wants to stay in bed forever. I can tell by the morning groan and the way he pulls the covers over us. I'm surprised because he's usually up way before me, either working out or getting ahead of work before 7 am at least.

Our bodies are sweaty and wrapped up together. Angelo never stops trying to get closer to me. It's like an unconscious instinct. I'll have to remind him to turn down the temperature. I think we're on the verge of a heatwave or maybe that's just us.

"Angelo." I hum lightly, trying to check if he's awake.

"Hmm." He responds.

"Are you awake?"

"No." He jokes, squeezing my body tighter to his.

"Okay, stupid question."

"Mhmm" He agrees.

His hand rests on my bare breast under the black shirt that he gave me last night and I can't help but shiver when his soft fingertips brush up and down my stomach.

I shift into his crotch trying to get closer and I immediately remember the soreness from last night, it's back and it's worse.

"You hungry?" He questions in his morning voice.

"Yes." I mumble.

"We should get out of bed then."

"We should." Neither of us moves an inch for I don't know how long.

He kisses the side of my neck. "Okay, now we really have to get up." He detaches himself from me, rolling over to the other side of the bed and climbing out.

Angelo disappears in the bathroom for a moment and he comes out with a clean pair of boxers and a large bandage for my stomach.

He whips off the covers and he rolls up the shirt that he put on me last night pressing kisses all along my stomach before he applies disinfectant to the small stitches. I hiss, grasping the bedsheets.

He looks up at me with the slightest bit of concern showing in his eyes. "Do you have more of those pain meds?" He questions focusing on the bandage.

I shake my head no and he huffs out of frustration, smoothing the bandage on my stomach and running his hands up and down my torso. "I'll get more."

"Illegally?" I ask because I'm curious.

"Mhm." He hums, rubbing his large hands up and down my body. He looks like an animal about to attack his prey.

But when his hands go near my nether regions I widen my eyes, it hurts way too bad to be touched. "I'm not gonna touch you today, you know that right?"

I nod in relief and also disappointment. "Yes, I know."

"I think I went a little too hard on you last night."

"I like hard."

"I know you do." He says deliciously. "But I got too carried away and you don't know what's good for you." He rolls my shirt back over my body and he puts the clean boxers on me.

I scoff at him. "And you do?"

"Absolutely." He laughs. "Wrap your arms around my shoulders." He commands softly and I do, because he knows what's best for me and I trust him. Very pathetic, but I can't help it.

He carries me to the bathroom, setting me down right in front of the mirror. I slowly smile as he grabs an extra toothbrush, applying toothpaste to it. His silly grin lights up the room. It makes me smile. It's like he's contagious with joy. I hold back my giggle when he tickles me, inching up the black t-shirt he put on me last night.

Lots and lots of hickies is what greets me and he visibly smiles when he sees them. He dips his head down to my neck, forgetting about the toothbrush on the counter. "Beautiful." I feel his light breath against my neck and I feel his hard-on brushing up against my ass.

"You're so soft." He inches his hands up and down my belly. "You don't know how bad I want you right now." He moans.

"Take me." I dare. "Please."

He laughs. "Funny." He brushes closer to my body, imitating how he rocked into me last night. I grab onto the counter and he wraps his hands around mine squeezing intensely. Oh fuck.

"It wasn't supposed to be."

"Fuck off." He pushes away from the counter, humor written across his features.

I grab onto the counter now that I've lost his support.

"Can you walk?" He asks.

I nod 'yes' into the mirror, with a laugh.

He takes his toothbrush, applies toothpaste, runs it under the water, then he brushes his teeth, spitting out the toothpaste--just like last night, all while focusing on my body in ways I can't even explain in words.  "Brush your teeth and get dressed, I'll meet you out there." He commands. I smile through the pain, nodding my head like I'm not fucking numb and achy all over.

He smirks slightly. He definitely finds this amusing. "Or... I can wait."

I smile. "Fuck off." I taunt.

Angelo smiles when he sees his t-shirt still draped over my body. I feel like a shy girl who has a crush.

I can barely walk, but I'm a good actor and I do a great job at hiding it. At least, I thought I did a great job until I made an appearance in the kitchen and Louis says. "What's wrong with your legs, huh?" He furrows his brow flipping pancakes. "And, oh my heavenly father..." He gasps. "Did you get hit in the neck with paintballs?"

I hate him so much.

"It was those kids two houses down wasn't it? You know, I'm always telling them to be careful with those things, I mean they could really hurt some-"

"Louis, stop talking, please." I clip under my breath.

"Yes, mam." He puts his hands up in surrender. "In other news..." He carries on, ignoring my groans of protest at the sound of his voice. "Guess who called me, you guys?" Angelo and I roll our eyes and when we don't answer he continues. "Ben! Can you believe it?" He exaggerates. "He's in town, and he wants to meet tonight, at that rager up at surfside." Angelo grabs the pot of steaming coffee, pouring two cups, and nudging me playfully when I make fun of how much sugar he puts in his.

I shake my head. His father just died and he wants to party? I guess that makes sense. Anything to distract from how he really feels.

"You mean he wants to meet you at surfside." Angelo corrects. "I have all this shit to deal with today, on account of you-know-who dying. I don't have time to party and Ruth isn't going anywhere without me. Especially with ben." He looks at me then looks away greedily.

I don't dare argue with him, not this time. It's not worth it. And besides, it's not like he trusts Louis after the whole surfside party situation when he didn't bring me home when Angelo told him to.

Louis groans, throwing his head back.

"Besides, I'm inviting mother over for dinner and I think you should be here." Angelo checks his watch.

"Why?" Louis asks irritably. "So I can help you tell her that you killed her husband? It doesn't sound like a good time to me, no offense."

Angelo shrugs. "Suit yourself." Just as Enzo opens the door all stiff looking, Louis goes back to flipping pancakes, and now he's in a bad mood. I feel genuinely bad for Louis. Angelo had to grow up too fast and Louis never got the chance. It's genuinely horrible to grow up with shitty parents because it affects you for the rest of your life and there's nothing you can do about it.

"Well, I'm off." Louis says bitterly, turning off the burner. "Love ya." He kisses my cheek and offers no goodbye to Angelo.

"See ya. Love ya." I say fondly, waving goodbye to him. I can only take Louis in small doses, that's why I'm not exactly begging him to stay.

Enzo keeps the door open for Louis, standing professionally. "Sir." Enzo greets.

Louis salutes at Enzo standing as straight as possible and I can't help but laugh. Louis is definitely something.

Enzo solemnly shakes his head as he closes the door on Louis in disappointment.

"Enzo, I need you to pick up a few things for me." Angelo comments as he prepares a plate of food for me.

"Of course sir."

"Plan-B and Tylenol." I widen my eyes, hiding my face in a big pot of coffee. Oh god. He did not just ask Enzo to pick up plan-b for me. I could puke, this is so embarrassing.

Enzo avoids eye contact with me as he nods his head. "Right away sir." And with that, he's out the door again.

"How could you?" I glare at Angelo. Maybe I'm overeating but he shouldn't have done that. That's crossing a personal boundary.

"What?"

"Well, you just shouldn't make it so obvious. I mean, isn't that embarrassing?"

"You're asking me if it's embarrassing that Enzo knows I fucked you last night?" He asks. "Maybe we should call him back in here and see what he thinks about it." He says with humor.

My mouth hangs open. "How about, no." Stupid mouth. Why did I even mention it?

He quirks an eyebrow at this. "No?" He steps toward me hauntingly. "Are you sure, because I think Enzo needs to know who you belong to." He whispers in that deep voice that makes me melt.

I step back clutching the sides of my shirt. "He knows already."

"Oh yeah? How do you figure."

I gulp. "Because he won't look at me anymore."

I back all the way into the wall like I'm trapped prey. "Oh really?" He traps me with his arms on both sides of my head. "Because I remember Enzo stealing looks at my wife when he thought I wasn't looking. I can hardly fault him. After all, I understand the appeal first hand." His words are laced with venom and his eyes are dark and stormy. His eyes sweep down my body in lust. Too bad he can't--or won't--touch me today.

"Well, it doesn't matter." I assert. "I don't want him." I cross my arms and practically have a staredown. I almost hate it when he's like this. It's scary territorial and it makes me squirm.

He takes his hands off the wall. "Eat... you need your energy."  He changes the subject perfectly.

"What do I need energy for?" Please say more sex.

"I'm taking you to get your stitches removed." He flips open a newspaper in front of himself.

I grunt. Why didn't they give me the dissolvable ones? This means more doctors and more hospitals. I'd sooner die than go back.

He checks his watch, shoving mouth fulls of food into his mouth while I try my best at sitting down. "Never mind. We're late." He says, grabbing the keys off the counter, while I try getting a bite of pancake into my mouth before I'm flying out the door.

-----------------------------

My hand is being pulled through a multitude of nurses and doctors in the hospital halls. I almost tell Angelo to slow the fuck down, it's practically pandemonium out here. Everyone is rushing to get everywhere. It's chaos.

Angelo and I make it to the front desk quickly and the receptionist seems to be way too busy to handle another person. She's got papers in places papers shouldn't be and 2 phones on both ears. She immediately focuses her attention on Angelo, telling the phones to hold.

"What can I do for you?" She asks.

"We have an appointment for a stitch removal." He says calmly.

"Last name?"

"Giuseppe."

"Ruth Guiseppe?" Angelo nods his head. She clicks a few buttons on her computer. "Take the elevator to the second floor, first door on the left, room 203." She clicks sweetly. A little too sweetly for my taste.

Angelo and I travel to the second floor and when we get to the room we wait patiently for the doctor to come.

When she enters she smiles saying hello and making small talk. This is the part about hospitals I hate. I don't like small talk and I don't like questions.

She washes her hands before putting gloves on and retreating to my side where I lay on the bed-shaped chair. "Lie back and get comfortable." She says.

I'm kinda nervous, I'd rather not see the process if I have to do this. And I hate the fact that she can see the scars. Although most of my insecurities are gone around Angelo and just Angelo, I still get nervous prickles on my skin. I don't want her to ask about them, it would be humiliating trying to explain that to her or anyone else.

Angelos phone rings as the nurse starts to pull my shirt up. He grunts, pulling it out of his pocket. "I gotta take this, you good?"

No. "Yes," I say hesitantly.

"I'll just be outside." He puts the phone to his ear, lingering outside the door. I can still see him, so I'm as calm as I'm gonna get. His eyes never leave me as he talks to the other person on the phone.

The nurse squints, furrowing her brow as she looks at my wound. "Is something wrong?" I say.

She looks up at me. "Can you tell me if this hurts?" She presses down slightly on my bullet wound.

Scrunching my face I answer. "Yes," I answer quickly. "Is that bad?"

"I'm not sure yet." She says. "I'm gonna get your doctor." She smiles again like there was no concern in the first place.

Angelo hangs up the phone as soon as the nurse comes out. They talk briefly and his face changes expressions. I hope it's nothing serious.

Angelo walks into the room immediately coming to my side. "Who called you?" I try to distract myself before I have an anxiety attack.

He pulls down my shirt, rubbing his hand up and down my leg. "My mother, she's coming down for dinner." He smiles.

"Do you think she'll like me?"

He grins, dimples showing. "What's not to like?" He pecks me on the cheek.

"Lots of things." I shrug. I didn't even mean to say that it just slipped out.

He doesn't get mad at me for that. I think he might sense how nerve-racking this is for me.

"She's been wanting to meet you for a long time."

"Oh yeah?" I sit up at this. I hope I meet her expectations.

He smiles, nodding his head. "Although it's not on the best circumstances..."

I grab his hand. "Are you okay? Seriously?"

He squeezes my hand but retains his usual impersonal expression. "Where's that doctor?" He changes the subject. I won't pressure him into talking if he doesn't want to. But I wish he would. I want to take care of him the way he takes care of me.

"Are you sure Louis isn't coming to dinner?"

He shrugs. "He could change his mind, but I don't care either way."

I pay extra attention to his face to see if he's telling the truth. It probably bothers him a little bit. I can tell from the glint of annoyance in his eyes. Wouldn't he want his brother there for emotional support? I wonder if he cares at all about his father's death. I mean I've never seen him cry before last night. It had to have meant something to him.

The doctor walks in, dressed in a white lab coat and a stethoscope around his neck. He gazes down at a clipboard, wandering behind him is the nurse from 5 minutes ago.

"How are you feeling today?" The doctor says in his singsong voice.

"Good. A little sore." In more ways than one.

He clicks his tongue. "You've been taking the antibiotics?"

I nod.

"Let's have a look here." He says coming around to the side my wound is placed at.

Angelo uncurls my shirt from my stomach giving the doctor a good view of the stitches. "Huh." He hums, writing things on his clipboard.

"Is something wrong?" I grip tighter on Angelos's hand.

He inspects the wound some more. "I'm gonna recommend you get an X-ray, just in case it's not just an infection." The doctor nods reassuringly. 

"An X-ray?" Angelo comments.

"There's some unnatural soreness under the skin. I just want to be sure it's an infection and not something else before I let you go." The doctor comments, thoughtfully. "Sheila will set you guys up." He gives me a thumbs-up before leaving the room.

Sheilla, the nurse, helps Angelo get me out of the chair as if I can't walk on my own all of a sudden. I let them do it. I know by the look on Angelo's face he's worried and angry. I'm not about to cause any more problems for him.

"Follow me." Sheilla says, leading us to a large room composed with an X-ray table that I'm guessing I'm supposed to lay on. It looks big and scary. I just want to turn into Angelo's chest and bury myself in him forever.

I have to get this over with.

The nurse hands me a hospital gown. "Change into this and make sure you remove all your jewelry and your bra. I'll be back when you're done." She doesn't seem that worried, so it couldn't be a big deal. Maybe she's just so used to this she can't spare any more looks of empathy toward patients.

Angelo cups my face with his hands after the nurse leaves. He's so warm and comforting. He makes me feel so safe. I barely notice when he unbuttons my shorts with gentle hands. Or when he unbuttons my blouse letting it slip to the floor.

He removes my necklace, then my earrings, then he leans down to my ankle unclipping my anklet. He shoves it all into his pocket kissing my thigh while he's down there. Next, he unclips my bra, letting it fall into his hands.

I can't help myself. I hug him as soon as he's done, needing his warmth right now. He cups my head into his chest, wrapping his other arm around my torso. "You're gonna be okay, Ruth."

"What if I'm not okay?"

"When we get to that bridge, we'll cross it." He clips.

He releases me way too soon, pulling the hospital gown over me with delicacy. I feel the air hitting my backside. These hospital gowns aren't exactly made for comfort, are they?

I frown, crossing my arms. "Can't we just go home and ignore it?"

He laughs. "Don't be a brat."

The nurse knocks in the midst of him finding humor in my scowl. "All set?" She asks as she closes the door behind her. I nod my head nervously.

"Alright. This should be quick." She assures me, tapping the place on the bed where she wants me to lie down.

Angelo follows me, crossing his arms and clenching his jaw as I lie down fully on the bed. "Are you claustrophobic, sweetie?" The nurse asks.

"A little."

"She can handle it." Angelo comments. Not helping.

The nurse gives him a look. "Are you sure hun? it will take a while for us to get you out if you can't handle it." She directs the attention at me.

"I can handle it," I say looking at Angelo. He may be overestimating my capabilities.

She nods, adjusting my arms and legs on the bed. Angelo holds my hand as she sets up the machine, rubbing the pad of his thumb over the back of my hand.

"Remember to stay completely still. Any subtle movement will blur the picture."

I nod. "Can he stay?" I ask.

"No, I'm sorry, no one can be in here while the machine is running."

Angelo gives me a tight short smile, bringing my hand up to his mouth for a kiss.

"We'll be just behind the glass." She points to a room with a glass window that looks into this one. "Press this button if you want out." She taps a button next to my hand.

I breathe deeply as they both leave the room.

I can do this. I think as the machine devours me into it. I must remember to stay still.

My fingers inch toward the button within the first five minutes but just as I feel like I'm gonna totally freak out, the machine shuts off and slowly lets me out of it.

Angelo is waiting for me on the other side, satisfied that I didn't freak.

"The nurse is looking over the X-rays with the doctor." He's got my clothes in his hands. "Come here." He says softly. And I do. I make sure to check the glass for the nurse before I slide my hand up his shirt for more warmth. This room makes chills go down my spine.

He wraps me in his arms. "This day turned out to be way more than I expected." I sigh.

"The hard part is almost over." He rubs my back.

"I doubt that that's true."

He chuckles. "Miss negative today."

"I have a good reason to be." I insist with an attitude.

"Oh yeah? I would have thought last night would be enough to satisfy you."

I laugh at his humorous tone. "It was more than enough, Angelo."

"I've never had sex like that, ever." He admits, astounded. "Being in love really changes things."

I widen my eyes a little, bringing my head out of his chest. "You just- you love me?" I say, trying to hold back any preconceived emotion welling in my eyes.

He seems just as surprised as me that he's said it but once it clicks, his face smooths over. "I do."

I kiss him fast and hard. "I love you too," I whisper against his lips.

"Say it again." He demands, taking my fragile body in his hands and holding onto me so hard it hurts.

"I love you." He groans and whimpers at my admission. I'd say it 100 more times if it meant he would make those instinctual sounds in response.

-----------------------------

BBRRRRRUVVVV MY NEWWWW BOOK IS OFFICIALLY UPLOADED. GO READ IT RIGHT NOW BESTIES!!! EEEK I'M EXCITED. Ya'll are gonna love this shit. 🍆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

867K 32.8K 67
"Nobody is allowed between these pretty little thighs but me....and if anyone tries...𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦." ~ The leader of the most notorious...
48.6K 1.8K 34
UPDATES EVERY MONDAY! Vivienne Lee is pretty sure her next-door neighbor is a serial killer. What else could explain his creepily minimalistic apartm...
1.2K 28 16
"I need to hate you," I voice. A cloud of smoke escapes my lips from the cold. His brows and eyes harden on mine as he looks at my red cheeks and shi...
8.5M 290K 55
Nicholas Adams has lived a life of abuse from his alcoholic father and sex addict mother. So growing up was tough. He makes sure everyone fears him...