Better Together

By soleOnyx

|Steven x Male reader| This story follows Y/n, a young boy. His mother had given up her physical form to give... More

Prologue
A new life
The Breaking and Formation of Bonds
When It Rains
Too Far
Steven's Birthday
The Whispers In My Head
Message Received
Gem Drill
Mr. Greg
A blossomed Endearment
Gem Hunt
Crack The Whip
Ease Of Winds
Pride Month Special
Above The Earth's Sky
A Mission For 2
Mindful Education
A Busy November
Steven's Dream
Galactic Retrieval
Storm In The Room
The Quest For Destiny
Onyx's Truth
Goodbye...Friend
Invasion
Wanted
Gemcation
It Feels Like Christmas
Can't Go Back
A Single Pale Rose
Now We're Only Falling Apart
With Ruby As The Goal
Made Of Honor
Reunited
Sacrifice and Beyond
Diving Into New Territory
Homeworld Struggles
Change Your Mind
Breath Of Life

Bismuth

1.4K 36 5
By soleOnyx

Y/n POV

"Oh my goodness!" Pearl exclaimed, watching Steven play a video game. "C'mon, go for it!" I yelled. "This is your last chance." Garnet said. "No....No! Jump! Jump!" Steven said, sweating. Steven was so close to the end but ended up dying. "Aww man..." We all said in unison. I looked out of the corner of my eye to see lion trying to chew one of Steven's shirts. "Lion! Stop that!" Steven yelled, grabbing his shirt from lion. "How else am I gonna remember the time that I rode the Thunder Bird at Funland?!" He exclaimed. "I thought you had several souvenirs from that trip?" I asked Steven. "Well yeah, but I really like this shirt." He replied. Steven put the shirt on his dresser and walked back over to his game. "Okay...I'm sure this time-" Steven started to say before Lion grabbed the shirt again. "Lion! Don't even think about it!". Lion tried to run outside but Steven jumped in front of the door and grabbed his shirt from Lion.

"Since you don't know how to play nice, I'm gonna put this somewhere you can't get it. In ya mane!" Steven said, sticking out his tongue. Lion just grumbled and laid down. "Thank you, boo." Steven said swiftly as he hopped in Lion's mane. "There, now it'll be safe forever in this perfectly stable magic tree." Steven thought to himself. The branch he was standing on then collapsed and he landed on a bubble and was sent flying out. "No you gotta jump!" I said, trying to cheer on Amethyst. I saw Steven pop out of Lion and land on the floor with a thud. "I've made a horrible mistake!" Steven shouted. "What?!" Pearl and I said. "Hold on a sec, I can fix it." Steven said. Steven then hopped back into Lion's mane and searched around for the bubble. The gem that was inside the bubble started to regenerate and form into a rainbow haired gem. Steven stared at the gem before gasping for air and jumping out of Lion.

"There's a gem in Lion's mane!" Steven yelled. "A gem? How could a gem even get inside there?" I asked. "Describe her." Garnet replied. "Uh...hang on a sec." Steven said. Steven poked his head inside to get a better look at the mysterious gem. "Hey, wait!" The gem yelled as Steven ducked his head under the grass. "She's big!" Steven said. "With rainbow hair and tattoos." He added. "Wait, rainbow hair...what does her gem look like?" Pearl asked, concerned. "It's um...an innie?" Steven replied. "It can't be..." Pearl said. "Steven, bring her out." Garnet said. "Okay." Steven said, determined. Steven went into Lion's mane and looked around for the gem, but couldn't find anything. "Hey there, little guy." The gem said, spooking Steven. "No no, don't go! I'm a little lost, so how about you help me out?". Steven held out his hand and pulled the gem out of Lion's mane.

"Wow, a total stranger." Amethyst said. "Pearl...Garnet..." The gem said, shocked at the familiar gems. "BISMUTHHHH!" Pearl shouted, running into the gem's arms. "Woah there, the Pearl I know would never jump into my arms. Who do you belong to?" Bismuth said. "No one!" Pearl replied. "Alright, settle down." Garnet said. "Oh you're one to talk, actually you're two to talk." Bismuth smirked. Garnet chuckled and gave Bismuth a light punch in the arm. "So...who's this?" Amethyst asked. "Everyone, this is Bismuth. She's one of the original crystal gems." Garnet replied. "Oh! New recruits, welcome aboard! We could always use more Amethysts. And who are these little meatballs?" Bismuth said. "H-hi, I'm Y/n." I said shyly. "And I'm Steven, his boyfriend. You were in my Lion and now you're in my house." Steven said. "Well thanks for having me." Bismuth smiled.

"I just can't believe it! Rose said she lost you at the battle of the Ziggurat. She was so worried." Pearl said. "Wait...where is Rose?" Bismuth asked. "Um, hi...I'm Rose's son, she kind of turned into me. Well I have her gem but everything else is from my dad." Steven said. "Huh, well there she is. There was this one gem with such a distinct dark coloration to her gem that you wouldn't forget, who she interacted with a lot. I was gonna ask her about Rose but I guess the answer is right here." "Hold on, dark coloration? Like this one...?" I asked, pulling down my shirt. "Oh my...Onyx, that was her name. Is the same thing applicable to you?" Bismuth asked. "Yeah, she gave up her form to make me, just like how Steven's mom did." I said. "I see, those 2 really were something else." Bismuth replied. "I mean really, this is something else! Everything's changed, and now we're building our bases out of wood?!".

"I mean...It's a house?" I said awkwardly. "Where's everyone else?" Bismuth asked. "Everyone else?" Steven and I asked. The gems took us to the Strawberry Battlefield where they explained what happened the past 5000 years. "So we're all that's left of the rebellion?" Bismuth asked. Pearl nodded, getting teary-eyed. "C'mon Pearl, You know I can't take it when you cry like that." Bismuth responded, also getting teary-eyed. The 2 took a moment before Garnet stepped in, explaining how some events just had to happen. "Oh hey, remember when you and I took out that battalion?" Bismuth asked Garnet with a chuckle. "As I remember, it was 3 battalions." Garnet replied. "Well why don't we pick up where we left off! TO THE FORGE!" Bismuth yelled. "Yay! To the forge!" Steven exclaimed. "Oh boy, this is gonna be fun." I said, grinning. Steven walked over to me and grabbed my hand. "You ready Y/n?" Steven asked me. "Oh yeah, definitely." I nodded. We stepped onto the warp pad and warped on over to an area that looked like an inactive volcano.

"Is this the forge?" Steven asked. "Not yet, just follow me." Bismuth chuckled. We continued walking throughout the volcano before we got to a door with a special symbol on it. Bismuth does some kind of hand sign and we watch as the door opens up. "Ta da!" Bismuth said. "Bravo Bismuth!" Pearl exclaimed. Steven and I went star-eyed as we walked inside. We walked through a dark tunnel until we got to a semi-lit area. "Woah..." I said, looking at the giant sword above me. "Man it's hot in here." Steven said, fanning himself. "You think it's hot now?" Bismuth asked. "Yeah, like an oven." Steven replied. Bismuth then pulled a cauldron and the whole room lit up with lava, revealing a vast armory of weapons. "So cool!" Steven and I said in unison. Bismuth grabbed some metal from a bag and started putting something together. In the end, she made a silver blade fit for a warrior.

"Bismuth...you make weapons?!" I shouted. "You got that right! I made the whole arsenal for the rebellion. Every single material used by the Crystal Gems was made right here in this forge." Bismuth exclaimed. "Wait a minute...is it still-" Bismuth said, searching for something. "AHA! Here it is. Here, something to pack just an extra punch." Bismuth said, handing garnet some knuckles. "And here, why don't you try a trident.". "Oh Bismuth, you really shouldn't have!" Pearl said excitedly. "It's not a problem, I was originally gonna give you them- well before all of this. Might as well give em now." Bismuth replied. "Well it was certainly worth the wait." Garnet said. "Don't think I forgot about you, what you packin'?" Bismuth asked Amethyst. "Huh, oh just this old thing." Amethyst replied, taking out her whip. "Damn, not every quartz can make a whip like this. Mind if I take a look?" Bismuth asked. "Go for it." Amethyst said. Bismuth grabbed Amethyst's whip and walked over to a chest. She pulled out something with spikes on it as an upgrade.

"Here you go, with this you can really make an impact." Bismuth said, handing Amethyst the upgraded whip. "AW MAN, BISMUTH'S THE BEST!" Amethyst exclaimed, flailing her whip around. "Hey, you're Onyx's kid, what kind of weapon do you have?" Bismuth asked me. I was about to pull out my dagger when Bismuth stopped me. "Oh my god...that's an Eryx mark..." Bismuth said, grabbing hold of my hand. "Wait, that's what this thing is called?" I asked, hearing the word 'Eryx mark' for the first time. "Where did you- how did you- how is this possible?" Bismuth asked, shocked to see a human with something like this. I didn't know if I should mention Osiris or not so I just gave a simple response. "I don't really know, it just appeared one day." I said. Bismuth stared at me for a second, before giving up. We walked back to the warp pad before warping back to the temple. Bismuth called everyone outside for a little training segment, while Steven and I watched from the sidelines.

"Homeworld treats us like dirt, but we're better than them! We got to show them just what the Crystal Gems are made of!" Bismuth yelled. Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl trained with Bismuth a bit before getting exhausted. "Steven, Y/n, come spar with us. It's a ritual for the Crystal gems." Bismuth said. "Well most of my powers are defensive." Steven said. "Hmm, how about you then Y/n? I really wanna see that mark of yours in action.". I hesitated a bit before looking to Steven for some approval. He just nervously nodded his head and I walked down to where they were training. "I'm not entirely sure how to um...fully use this. I'm still learning how." I said, embarrassed. "Well, no better time to learn how then than now." Bismuth said. I got into position while Bismuth got ready just across from me. "Please work, please please work." I mumbled to myself. I held out my hand and forcibly activated it. The mark expanded and I was ready for a fight. I felt so much more confident in myself, and ready to win this.

"I don't think I need to say this, but I'm not holding back, Bismuth." I smirked. "Nothing I would like better." Bismuth replied with a laugh. "Alright...BEGIN!" Garnet said, raising her fist. I took out my dagger but Bismuth yelled at me not to. "You're using an Eryx mark, there's no need for a weapon. Your hand to hand combat is greatly improved, try attacking me like that!" Bismuth yelled. I gulped and put away my weapon, rushing at Bismuth. It almost felt like my body was moving on it's own as I constantly threw quick punches and fast guards. After a few minutes, my body was nearing It's limit. "Alright, time to wrap this up!" Bismuth yelled, rushing at me with her hammer. I was so tired I could barely react to her attack and so I desperately tried to block it. I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder and looked over to see it starting to cut and bleed. I couldn't move, and from out of nowhere these images started popping up. It was so scary, I couldn't tell who was there until the person got closer. It was...my dad.

"Y/N! Are you alright?!" Steven shouted from afar. I couldn't respond, and I could barely breathe. 

"Go ahead, give in to it, let it consume you. You're a monster through and through." A voice said.

This voice wasn't Osiris, it was something far more sinister. I couldn't take it anymore and I started getting angrier and angrier. "W-what's going on? Are you okay Y/n?" Bismuth asked me, concerned about my condition. I wasn't me anymore, I couldn't feel my own body or think my own thoughts. I started growing this roundish single horn on my head, to which the mark travelled farther. I was a completely different thing.

??? POV

I looked down, seeing my new body. "Another vessel that feeds on anger, it's glorious." I said. I shifted my attention to the weaklings that call themselves the 'Crystal Gems'.

"Is he...what happened..." Bismuth asked, scared. "Y/n...is that you?" Steven asked me, looking ready to cry.

"Shut up, you insolent, inferior beings." I said. I started to get a tingle in my back, it hurt a little. "Damn that Osiris, he's really not giving up." I mumbled. I flew up in the air, aiming my palm at those pitiful gems.

"Now, what the hell did he call that thing? Oh yeah." I said.

"Singularity blast..." I said, creating a massive sized ball of energy. Those gems all attacked the ball, hoping to stop it from creating a mass destruction of damage. I quickly flew over to the supposed gem called 'Bismuth' and lifted her up.

"I'm going to break you worthless beings apart, bit by bit." I said, getting ready to annihilate this thing.

"Y/N, STOP! THIS ISN'T LIKE YOU!" Steven yelled, trying to stop this madness. "You're not a monster, you're the most caring person I've ever met! And most importantly, you're my boyfriend..." He said. 

Something clicked inside me. I dropped that gem to the ground while twitching in place. Something was trying to emerge, I tried to resist but I failed. It seems that vessel and Osiris were doing their best to break free from my will.

...And they were successful. My body started shifting back to its normal form. The vessel would once more take control, leaving me behind for a brighter light. I dropped to the ground, reverting back to normal.

Y/n POV

I was lying on the sand looking up at the sky, tears brimming in my eyes. I tried to sit up even though it hurt like crazy. I looked over to see Steven running towards me, giving me a big hug. "I t-thought I l-lost you..." Steven said, crying his eyes out. "H-hey, it's alright. I'm gonna be okay, honey." I said, watching Steven blush at the nickname. Bismuth walked over to me and gave me a hand. "I gotta say in all my years, I've never seen someone quite like you. You keep training that thing and it'll do wonders for you." Bismuth smiled. "Y/n, that was...intense. Are you feeling okay?" Pearl asked me. "Yeah, I'm gonna be fine. I'm really sorry for getting angry like that." I apologized, looking down. "You have nothing to be sorry about, you couldn't help it." Garnet said, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"I think this calls for a bit of a break, I have some other rituals that I prefer if you don't mind, Bismuth?" Steven said. "Oh yeah? Well, let's see em." Bismuth replied. The rest of the day we did a bunch of normal stuff like eating pizza and watching TV, just having a bunch of fun with each other. Time passed by and it was eventually evening. "I gotta say, that was a lot of fun. Most I've had in a long time." Bismuth smiled. "I'm really glad you enjoyed them." Steven said, grinning. "But I still really wanna see you on the Battlefield someday." Bismuth said. "Well, the only thing I really have is Rose's sword." Steven said, pulling it out of Lion. "Wow, that's my finest work of art." Bismuth said. "Wait a second, you made that sword?!" I asked. "Yeah, designed it specifically for her." She replied. "Actually, that reminds me. There's something I want to show you 2, follow me." Bismuth said. She took us to the warp pad and back to the forge. Inside, she pulled something out of a chest in a training room. "Here it is, I call it the breaking point." Bismuth exclaimed, showing off the sharp metal weapon. "Woah...how does it work?" Steven asked.

"Like this." Bismuth said, tugging on the weapon. The blade quickly popped out and struck a training dummy's gem, shattering it. "Now then, you give it a go." Bismuth said, handing Steven the weapon. Steven was scared to use this because it was a tool meant for shattering gems. "Bismuth, I can't use this. Wouldn't it just make us as bad as Homeworld?" Steven asked. "What? Of course not! They're doing bad things, it's just a little payback. If you won't use it, then I will." Bismuth said. "No! No one is using it. I'm sorry Bismuth, but it's not right." Steven said. "That's exactly what she said. That's exactly what YOU said. It is you, isn't it Rose?" Bismuth asked, getting suspicious and mad. "W-what are you talking about?" Steven asked, getting scared. "Don't play dumb with me, it is you. You're using this little disguise as a way to cover up!" Bismuth shouted. "Hey, I don't know what you think you're doing, but that isn't Rose. And you're not hurting Steven if that's your plan." I said, worried if she was gonna flip. "Liars, I DONT BELIEVE YOU ANYMORE!" Bismuth yelled. I pulled out by dagger and slashed at Bismuth, while she retaliated, sending me back into a rock.

"Y/n! Are you okay?!" Steven asked, running over to help me up. "Yeah, I'm fine. Look out behind you!" I said, pulling Steven out of the way. We ducked behind cover, trying to think of something to stop Bismuth. "Y/n, what if we fuse? We could overpower Bismuth." Steven asked me. "I-i don't know, I've only ever fused once. What if I can't do it again?" I said, worried. "Well, we won't know until we try, right?" Steven said. I nodded before interlocking my hands with his. "Alright, let's do this!" I said, getting in sync with Steven. After a moment, there was a bright light that flashed before us. Bismuth looked over to see us, fused. "What the- who the hell are you?!" Bismuth shouted at us. We stared at our body before looking at the sacred rustic gem color on our chest. "You can call me Eclipse, I'll be needing you to calm down now, Bismuth." We said. She refused to listen, so we pulled out Steven's sword and dashed towards her. After a collision, she stopped fighting. The sword had gone right through her, we just stared at her, mortified.

"You should have just shattered me then, at least I wouldn't have to know how little I mattered to you. You bubbled me away without telling your friends, MY friends." She said. "I'm going to tell everyone Bismuth, I promise you. They deserve to know." We said, getting teary-eyed. "Heh, then you really are better than her." She said, and poofed. The 2 of us unfused before landing with a thump. "Ow...are you okay Y/n?" Steven asked me. "Yeah, what about you?" I asked him. "I'm alright. But she isn't." Steven said, pointing to Bismuth's gem. I nodded before picking up the breaking point and throwing it in the lava. Steven grabbed Bismuth's gem and bubbled it. "Come on, let's go back home." Steven said, holding my hand. I nodded my head and walked out with him. We warped back home to find the others sitting on the couch. "Where have you guys been-" Amethyst said, noticing Bismuth's gem in a bubble and us all torn up. "There's something we need to tell you about Bismuth." I said. After a bit, the gems said their final goodbyes to Bismuth before sending her off into the temple. Steven and I were exhausted from the fight and got in our pajamas.

"I'm really sorry about before, Steven. I feel like it's my fault Bismuth got upset. I was so angry earlier." I said, crying. "That isn't your fault Y/n, this is on Bismuth. I'm just really glad you're okay, you had me so scared before." Steven told me. "I love you so much, steven." I said, nuzzling into him. "I love you too, Y/n." Steven replied.

A/N* Thanks so much to @jinxy_wolfy for helping me come up with the fusion name. 

Xoxo - Nick

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 7.2K 64
You are one of a kind. Well, at least that's what your father said. Not in a good way tho. Ever since you were born to Earth, all of the blames was...
6.2K 134 15
Second Lapidot Book because why not? Have fun :3! (Warning) Suicide, bad language, depression and maybe some nsfw? Idk if that's important. Sorry fo...
114K 2.6K 15
( This story follows the movie plot, so if you didn't watch don't read it. !!Spoiler alert!! ) 2 years later, everything was perfect. Steven has gott...
190K 5.1K 31
Peridot Diamond: A short, pale blonde scientist who is socially awkward. All she cares about is science, facts, and logics. She's never really had a...