A Wolf and his Star

By Nonbinarywildfire

My new thing is reading the other fics in the lotus yall add mine to <3 A wolfstar story from when they we... More

1, first year: New Friends and Sorting
2, first year : Mastermind
3, first year: Nicknames and Parents
4, first year: Pens and Marauders
5, second year: Home Again
7, second year: Freedom
8, second year: Secrets
9, second year: Moony's Gift
10, second year: Bracelets
11, second year: First Moon
12, second year: end of year
13, third year: Pride <3
14, third year: Almost There
15, third year: The End, or is it?
16, Epilogue

6, second year: Love and Fashion

73 3 0
By Nonbinarywildfire

Sirius

"Hey Lily, do you know Queen?" I heard Remus say

"Uh, of course I know Queen, I live with muggles." She said as if it was obvious

"Oh thank Merlin, someone here knows music!"

"Hey! We know music!" I protested

"What kind of music?" Remus sounds sceptical

"I learned piano my whole childhood and I've heard some popular wizard bands."

"I'm bringing my record player from home and showing you real music."

I didn't protest because I wanted to hear remus' music.

***

Remus

"Are you wearing my jacket?"

"Remus, this is so cool. I love muggle clothes and inventions!"

"The leather jacket. Definitely a top invention." I said sarcastically 

***

Sirius 

I walked into the bathroom to see Remus drawing on his eyelid with a weird stick. "What's that?"

"Eyeliner."

"Eyeliner? Put it on me!"

"Here." He leaned in close and held my eyelid closed. He gently drew a line on my lid. What a weird feeling. He was so close. I loved it.

"How do I look?"

"Amazing as always."

"Moony, you flatterer." I looked in the mirror and immediately decided to steal the eyeliner when he wasn't looking. I needed this in my life.

I, of course, wore it almost every day after that. It took a few days for me to learn to do it myself. And a few weeks for it to look decent. 

***

Remus

"I swear Lily is getting prettier every day" James said, watching Lily who was on the other side of the table a few people away, far enough that she didn't hear.

"We get it, you're in love with her." I said, a little bit sick of James' lovesickness.

He blushed, "Whenever you fall for some girl, you are allowed to do the same."

I attempted not to make a gay joke. "..uh well.. I will be extra annoying when I fall for someone, just because of this."

"Go ahead."

"No don'ttttt" Sirius groaned, "i don't need two James's"

James gasped in fake offence. I smirked and said, "I personally would love two James."

"Thank you moony. See at least someone cares about me!"

"Does this mean I'm allowed to be annoying about my crushes too?" Peter asked

"Of course" James said at the same time as Sirius was sighing loudly.

"I like Amelia." He said quietly, referring to another gryffindor. She was friends with dorcas.

"Oh great, she's nice." I said

"You better ask her out!" James added

"You have a better chance then James with Lily" Sirius said with amusement.

"What do I say?" Peter said nervously

"Just be like, 'oi, Amelia, go out with me?'"

"Don't take advice from James.." I advised

"Hey!"

"Get a date with Lily and I'll change my mind."

"Fine!"

"Fine."

"Oi! Lily!"

I saw Lily wince at the noice. "What potter."

James dropped his volume "You free Saturday? Maybe we could do something together?"

"I'd rather do anything else" Lily said boredly

"Okay! Have fun" he said back in his seat, smiling despite the rejection.

"What are you smiling about? You just got rejected again. Got the millionth time." Sirius said

"That's more words than normal though! I think I'm making progress."

"That's- okay you have a lot of optimism." I said

"That's me!"

"Okay I'm going to do it." Peter said

"See? It worked" james said

"Not after that train wreck you're not, but good, soon." Sirius said cationously

"Okay!" Peter said

Somehow Peter did it, the next day, and they started dating. Peter was somehow the first one of us to date.

Not that the rest of us were hopeless. James, as the chaser of the Gryffindor team and generally popular guy, got asked out almost twice a week, even at 12 years old and with an obvious huge crush on Lily. Peter got asked out a few times a year maybe before he got his girlfriend. I was asked out more than I ever thought I would be. It started with like one time but now it's like two or three times a month.

Sirius... passed us all. He got asked out multiple times a day, sometimes. Average around three times a week. Sirius assures me that more people like me but think Sirius is more of a challenge and therefore the subject of dares. 'I'm intimidating, moony, what can I say.'

***

Sirius 

As much as I loved being the centre of attention, the closer it got to Christmas, the more agitated I got. Second year was the year that people started thinking more seriously about dating. And according to James 'birds flock to you, Sirius'. BiRdS fLoCk tO yOU sIRiuS. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I just wanted some peace at that point. So.. maybe it wasn't the nicest I admit.

"Ugh I need a girlfriend." I wined laying on the couch, my legs over Moony's.

"Then get one." He has a book resting on my legs, reading it.

"But howwww."

"Do you have a specific girl in mind or is your mind just like 'girls!'"

"Uhh yeah sure the second one."

"Then say yes to the next person who asks you." He said as if it were simple

I opened my mouth then closed it. Maybe he was right. "Oh"

He looked at me. "Are you serious?"

I shrugged. "The only way to like someone is to get to know them right?"

"I guess.."

"What are we guessing?" James said, sitting on my legs, beside Remus, in the middle of the couch. I carefully brought my legs back to me

"I'm going to say yes to the next girl to ask me out."

"Ah, another marauder out in the vast dangerous world of dating."

"As if you didn't want to?"

He ignored my question. "Remus seems to be the only one safe from the fierce call of the birds."

"Remus hangs out with girls all the time!" I protested

"They are human too." Remus said. "It's really not that hard."

"Then why doesn't Lily like me, hmm?"

"Lily likes me." Remus said. "It's just you"

"She likes me too." I pointed out

James pouted. We changed topics. The girl I ended up saying yes to was named Emma. She was a ravenclaw. Let's say.. It didn't last long.

It lasted a week, in fact. The lack of people asking me out was nice but I didn't have the focus and commitment needed for the relationship. I decided that I would have to break up with her soon since I couldn't do it right before Christmas. A week until the break now. At least people gave me time to get over her. I felt a bit bad, but she wasn't happy in our relationship anyhow.

Peter's relationship, on the other hand, seemed to go well.

AN: hope you like it so far. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.2K 1K 19
Formerly "College Love". The new name was given by @Hpstorywriter. Remus, Sirius, James, and Peter have been best friends since high school. The Mara...
160 2 11
I did not write this!! This is a ff from AO3 by MsKingBean89‼️‼️ Summary: LONG fic charting the marauders' time at Hogwarts (and beyond) from Remus'...
43.7K 1.5K 18
Set in an alternate world. AKA no magic ~~~ Walburga and Regulus have lived in America for three years. First moved from London due to Walburga's job...
60K 1.8K 16
────────────────── .Λšα΅Žβ”Š π—Œπ—π—‹π–Ίπ—‡π—€π–Ύπ—‹π—Œ ⋆.ೃ࿔:ο½₯❝ π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘”π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘  π‘‘π‘œ π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘ , π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘  π‘–π‘›π‘‘π‘œ π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘ , π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘› π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘”...