toxic | j. baker¹

By baxteravenue

In which the "it girl" with daddy issues and the quarterback with daddy issues connect over a mutual bond of... More

cast list
playlist
character description
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
book 2

forty

3.8K 75 25
By baxteravenue

Jordan and Luna stood in the corner of the backyard, being incredibly annoying. His phone had been glued to their faces while they took an annoying amount of selfies and did as much as they could to annoy their moms who were patiently waiting to eat.

Despite the nice conversation and the happy mood that Jordan had been in, he still didn't seem to be back to himself. Which Luna wasn't expecting, he had just lost football and that wasn't something you could just get over. But, his mood had been incredibly out of wack. One minute he was moody and sulking. The next minute he was happy and upbeat. She was just glad that at the moment, he was happy.

Laura glanced at the lovestruck teens. "When you two are done taking selfies, feel free to join us!"

"We'll be over in a minute, mom!" Jordan yelled back to his mom.

Luna let out a soft giggle, slipping her hand into Jordan's hold and tugging him in the direction of the outdoor dining table. "Our moms don't look too happy with us. Come on."

Jordan shook his head and laughed as they approached their upset mothers, pulling out his girlfriend's chair so that she could sit down before following her action.

She glanced across the table and glanced at her mom who was sitting right next to Mrs. Baker. "So, what exactly is the point of this impromptu brunch, mother?"

"What?" Laura smiled. "We can't have breakfast with our kids?"

The couple exchanged an eye roll. "No!"

"Plus, if you really wanted all of your kids here," Luna wagged a finger in their direction. "Liv would probably be here and so would Asher because mom treats him like a son."

Maria shared a sheepish glance with Laura, taking a sip out of her water before setting her cup down and staring the teens down. "We just wanted to sit down with you two and get a feel for this relationship. It seems pretty serious now. I mean, it's not every day your teenage daughter goes on a weekend getaway with her boyfriend."

"Well, because it is serious," Jordan stated. "I'm in love with your daughter. I have been...for years."

"I know, when we first got together things were a little difficult," Luna sighed. "But, this time around is different...we're really happy together, and I think we're in a way better place now."

"That was absolutely adorable," Maria gushed.

"Now, for the dreaded question," Laura sighed. "I'll leave it up to the healthcare professional to ask this one."

"Oh, thanks, Laura," Maria scoffed. "Are you two...engaging in sexual activity?"

"Oh, God! Mom!" Jordan spat out his orange juice. "Seriously?!"

"As parents, we have to ask," Laura glanced at him. "Plus, Jordan, you've already had one scare...We don't need another."

Luna cringed, pushing off Jordan's hand that had been resting on her thigh. "This is the most uncomfortable conversation, I've ever had. But to answer your question, yes we are being safe. Don't worry, there will be no mini Jordan and Luna's running away."

"No matter how cute they might be," Jordan chuckled. "Our kids would be very cute."

Luna smacked his shoulder, staring at him with an enraged look. "Do you think you're helping?"

He immediately pursed his lips. "Sorry."

"You're very lucky Peter isn't here," Maria pointed her finger at Jordan. "Or this would've been an entirely different conversation."

Luna glanced at her boyfriend. "Why did we agree to this?"

"Because you're our kids and there was no way you could get out of it," Laura laughed.

Luna's mom had clinked her glass against Laura's causing the two older women to burst out into a fit of laughter.

"Are you two enjoying yourselves?" Jordan asked. "Because we're not. We're in pain. Physical and emotional pain."

Luna nodded in agreement, pushed her plate of food away, and rested her head against Jordan's shoulder. The two women had ventured off into their own conversation while Jordan had seemed to drift off into space, causing his girlfriend to panic a bit. She knew it was normal for people to space out but he was a bit too quiet, he usually talked her ear off about the most random things in the world, and Luna loved that about him.

As she was about to speak, Laura's phone had begun to ring and she answered it. She pushed herself off of the chair and ran into the living room making the three remaining people follow after her to see what was so urgent that Laura had to leave and not tell anyone. But, once they walked into the living room they saw the news of the Tamika Pratt case and the leaked bodycam footage.

"How the hell did they get the bodycam footage?" Laura yelled into her phone.

Olivia emerged from the staircase. "I gave it to them."

♡♡♡

Layla and Luna had finished their last few laps around the track before practically collapsing on the field beside each other. It was a hot sunny day in Beverly Hills and they were stuck running laps for PE, something that no one wanted to do.

Layla glanced at her friend. "I thought athletes didn't have to participate in PE?"

"Do you remember when I broke my leg freshman year?" Luna sighed, falling flat on her back. "Apparently, that wasn't an excuse for me not to go to class. So, my counselor had to put me in this class for a couple of weeks. But, hey, at least I have you here with me."

"And me," Simone approached them. "Damn, you guys run fast."

Luna placed her hand over her eyes, shielding her face from the sun. "Because we have longer legs."

Layla furrowed her eyebrows at the two. "Did I miss something? Why aren't you guys like, killing each other?"

"We're friends, now, Layla," Simone giggled. "Keep up."

"Wow," Layla blinked in shock. "First Vanessa and now, Simone. Should Olivia and I feel threatened that you're making new friends?"

"Of course, not!" she exclaimed. "Wow, Layla, I'm surprised you uttered the name...Liv."

Layla let out a small scoff. "She's not Voldemort. I can say her name."

"What the hell is up with you two?" Luna scoffed. "Liv told me about how you went over to her house and brought back her wonder woman pin. I thought that was maybe your idea of extending an olive branch?"

She shook her head. "I just thought she might want it back."

"I was at the house when Liv admitted to leaking the footage," Luna revealed. "Mrs. Baker basically had smoke coming out of her ears. Look, everything that's happened between you guys has been...bad. But, Liv needs a support system. She needs her friends. Which doesn't mean just me."

"I don't know," Layla sighed. "I'm not sure if I can face her alone. Will one of you come with me?"

"Oh, no," Simone held her hands up. "I'm still new to this friend group. This sounds like a you problem."

Luna couldn't help but laugh at how offended Layla looked.

"Luna?" Layla widened her eyes. "Will you come with me?"

"This is something you should do on your own," she softly patted her shoulder. "I think you two need some Layla and Liv time."

"But, it's not complete without our third L," Layla grinned at her. "Luna!"

"Nope, you will not trick me," Luna tapped her finger against her nose. "No matter how adorable you are."

Layla wiggled her eyebrows. "I feel like we're secretly in love."

"Hmm, maybe in another life," she playfully winked at her. "But, Jordan Baker is the only one I have eyes for."

"Speaking of," Layla sighed, squeezing her hand. "How is he?"

Luna bit down on her bottom lip and shrugged. "Oh, Jordan's...Jordan's fine."

♡♡♡

Jordan blew up in the hallway today. Don't mean to be super invested in my cousin's love life or anything, but is everything alright? Or is this still about football?

Luna reread the text from Asher and shook her head. They had spoken on the way to her location and he went into detail about what exactly went down in the hallway. At first, she wasn't sure what to do, she knew that there was nothing she could do except for being there for him. But, being the only source of light in Jordan's life wasn't the healthiest thing for him. So, she drove to the only person who would know what to do.

Spencer opened the door, tilting his head and smiling. "Luna Ramirez? I haven't seen you in a while."

"I've been busy," she frowned. "Um, do you have some time for me?"

"I've got my game in a bit but come on in," Spencer opened the door wider. "I always got time for my best friend."

Luna flashed him a wide smile and plopped down on the couch. "I hate to ask you for a favor considering, I haven't seen you in a while but it's—"

"About Jordan," he cut her off. "I figured."

"Look, I've known Jordan for years, and I know that football is his entire life and he's having a really hard time not being able to play right now," Luna sighed. "But, he's worrying me...Asher told me he blew up in the hallway and sort of lashed out about his future and said he was a bad person, friend, boyfriend, literally everything...which couldn't be further from the truth."

"I thought he was doing better now?" Spencer questioned. "Didn't you two make up?"

"We did. But, he's been on this emotional rollercoaster," she explained. "One minute he's upset with me and doesn't want to see me and the next minute he seems fine...I'm just worried, I've never seen him like this."

"Listen...He gonna be a'ight. It was mad hard for me at first when I'd thought I lost football," Spencer reassured. "Just got to give him some time."

"That's kind of why I'm here. You went through something kind of similar. So maybe...you could talk to him?" she suggested. "I mean nobody can give a speech like the Spencer James."

Spencer pulled her in for a hug. "I got you, and Jordan, always."

Luna pulled away, following him outside towards her car. "Now, for the real question. What's going on with you and Olivia Baker?"

"You know, Luna?" Spencer laughed. "I think it's about time I get to my game."

✧✧✧

👤livbaker

liked by laylakeating and 1600 more

lunaramirez olivia took this she knows my best angle🐒🍑

livbaker i remember this day like it was yesterday...mainly because it was🥵

livbaker btw i love ur ass literally and figuratively🤪😍

lunaramirez I'm in love with you🤪

laylakeating be my girlfriend😫👩🏽‍❤️‍💋‍👩🏻

lunaramirez okay!🤩

jjparker ^^this is definitely a little fruity😳

lunaramirez I'm a little fruity😳🌈

jordanbaker my girl's so beautiful

jordanbaker I'm in love with you🤩😍

lunaramirez oh stop! you're making me blush🥰❤️

3x12

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 4K 42
Previously named Above and Beyond.
19.8K 166 12
** i hate this book pls don't read it** ༻ 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐈𝐎𝐒 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 . . . 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄! ( IN WHICH TWO TEENS FIND COMFORT IN ONE ANOT...
1.2K 9 10
Cassandra Thompson has never really been one for love, she's been hurt in the past and doesn't want to go through it again. When she and her 12 year...
67.2K 662 21
Alexis and Jordan face challenges after the state championship game. With new people coming into their lives they no longer need each other. Sequel t...