Number 9: The Genetically Mod...

By everyday_imstumblin

-Completed- [Definitely not your average Werewolf story, if you expect love at first sight - please thou sha... More

Number 9
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 Part l
Chapter 15 Part ll
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 Part I
Chapter 21 Part ll
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 Part I
Chapter 29 Part II
Epilogue

Chapter 17

56.9K 1.9K 548
By everyday_imstumblin

Yawning and rubbing his eyes, Slade lazily looked at the ceiling. By the light coming from the balcony he could guess the sun as still rising. His memory of last night caught up with him and he snapped his head to the other side of his bed where his mate should have been.

Now fully awake, he began to panic and jerked to an upright position. He whipped to the right to see the door was wide opened.

Did Nine run away? Was it because he did something in his sleep to her?!

Shit! Slade cursed and eyes widened in realisation. He must have done something for her to leave!

"Nine?!" he yelled out in alarm and struggled to shove the covers off. Once he did, he raced to the door, though he didn't get far when he heard his name coming from behind him.

Snapping his head around, he saw his Queen standing outside on the balcony. How he didn't notice her showed how much his impulsive actions are controlled by his strong emotions for her.

Letting out a relieved sigh and his shoulders slump - all the tension leaving his body instantly, Slade made his way to Nine. She watched him through wide eyes as he wrapped his arms around her from behind, not being able to help himself.

Placing his forehead on her shoulder, he whispered softly, "Don't scare me like that." And then kissed her delicate neck.

Nine blinked once, twice and once more time.

All she did was wake up to watch the sun rise. Although it was hard for her when she tried to get out of bed. Her mate had his arms wrapped tightly around her waist and only tightened when she tried to move away or pry his arms off her. Nine noticed that even in his sleep, Slade was stronger than her.

It took her a while but she finally broke free and then moved to the balcony. Nine felt peaceful whenever she watches it. She was very grateful to witness the sun rise and set every day and wasn't going to waste a second of it.

It reminded her of her freedom.

Once again in her mates arms, Nine felt almost blissful. She liked the feelings she got from him but that still didn't explain what a mate does. She would understand more from detail explanation rather than through actions when it comes to something complex things like mates.

"What are you doing out here?" Slade asked, his eyes closing and then began to run his nose along her neck. He purred at the touch of her skin - loving every precious second.

Nine pointed to the rising sun. "I like watching the sun rise." She told him, her speech improving greatly. She tilted her head to the side when her mate rubbed his face even more into the crook of her neck.

Ten minutes passed and Nine would've thought that Slade would have stopped but it seemed to her that he was just starting. Her attention was stolen from the sun to his hands that were exploring her hips and stomach.

Tori gave her a tank top and a pair of shorts, both completely uncomfortable for her. She was used to dresses because that's all Dexter could get her whenever she shifted.

Nine could guess that her mate was in some sort of daze as he ran his hand on her stomach. The top lifted up and he traced the marks there. The purring never stopped and only increased. For her, she didn't know what to do except stand there. She didn't allow another male touch her except Dexter and Victor where she had no choice but with her mate, she permitted it.

She wondered why though, why was he so different to other males. She understood that they were mates but why him? What makes him so special?

What is the mating thing? Is that why she could tolerate him being so close to her compared to another Werewolf?

Nine thoughts were interrupted when she felt his hot breath on her neck, he targeted a specific area and then licked it.

Frowning at the sudden burning sensation inside of her, Nine thought it was the beast so she moved her hand to push Slade's face away from her. The sudden action snapped him out of his lust filled daze as he stumbled a couple of steps back, not believing his mate just shoved his face away from her.

Nine stared at him with a raised eyebrow after picking it up from Tori. Slade couldn't help but chuckle at her. If he didn't know her innocent side he would have thought that Nine was one of those cool, calm and collected type of women. With her strong build and battle scars it was hard to believe that she almost childlike.

He couldn't resist cupping her face to place a small kiss on her nose and then grinning wolfishly at her.

"My adorable Queen." He said as she blinked innocently at him.

Slade loved the way she was only a few inches shorter than him. If he was completely honest, his back would give out every time he'd have to bend to kiss her or hug her. He had nothing against short girls but he just preferred taller women like his mate who had longer legs that he loved to have wrapped around his waist as he-

A poke to his bare stomach snapped him out of his sinful thoughts. Once again Slade looked like he was caught doing something naughty.

Sheepishly chuckling, he took Nine's hand and led her inside the room. "How about we get some breakfast?" he said, making sure Nine could not see what was happening in his boxers.

Nine nodded and let him pull her out the room and down the stairs. While her mate guided her, her curious cat eyes still wondered to different things in the house. They reached the kitchen where it was crowded with teens getting ready for school and those going to work.

It was quiet busy but most were already leaving after paying their respects to their Alpha and Luna as they passed by. Slade pulled Nine into the kitchen and let her sit next to his little sister Ariana who was shoving her breakfast into her mouth. He took his seat next to her and told one of the chefs what he and Nine would like.

Slade almost forgot that Nine only ate raw meat but hopefully she was willing to give the scrambled and sunny side eggs, toast and a variety of freshly made fruit juices a try. He would have asked to make more but for now those would do.

While Slade was talking to one of the women, Nine turned to watch Ariana in curiosity. She didn't use utensils to eat and just observed the little girl as she ate her food.

When the plate was placed in front of Nine, she picked up the fork - her head switching to her hand and then to little Ariana's, making sure she copied her correctly.

Slade put his elbow on the table and placed his head in his hands as he faced his beloved Queen imitating his sister. A small smile was graced his face and his eyes softening when Ariana began to teach Nine how to hold the fork properly. His sister taking on the challenge very seriously and Nine looking very determined to learn the new technique.

To him it was the perfect picture. He couldn't wait to experience everything with his mate and possibly have a family of their own.

Nine's ears picked up heavy footsteps heading their way. She turned towards the entrance, still slightly on guard in her new environment. Her face scrunched up when she saw Tori come bounding in. It'd probably take her a while to get used to the pushy female.

"Nine, there you are!" Tori grinned and moved forward to hug her tightly.

She just sat there, her arms were glued to her side as she stared at the food she wanted to eat but couldn't because she was trapped.

Slade noticed this and picked up her fork. He scooped up some scrambled eggs and held it to her mouth which she opened without hesitation and started to chew the delicious food. Once she was done she opened her mouth again, silently demanding him to feed her again. Slade laughed and placed another piece in her mouth, loving the way he could spoil his Queen.

"Gosh, you are so adorable." Tori cooed at the couple but mostly at Nine who decided to just ignore her. Turning her attention to her older brother (while still hugging Nine), she spoke up.

"So Nine needs clothes and I thought we'd have a girl's day out." Tori grinned, a wicked gleam in her eyes making Slade suspicious and narrowed his eyes at her.

"I don't think that's such a good idea." He responded, and continued to feed his mate. "Nine is not used to so much people and I'm pretty sure she's never met a human before."

Nine perked up, "Dexter's half human! He smells different." she stated and then started to stare at her mate, realising that maybe he was a human too because of his different scent compared to the other Werewolves.

While she was pondering on that thought, Slade turned his attention back to his sister.

"Besides, I won't risk her going out when Victor could easily..." Slade couldn't finish of the sentence when a burst of deep anger and fear coursed through his veins, making his blood boil. His fists clenched so tightly at the thought of his Queen, in the hands of that monster.

He'd never allow it!

"Okay..." Tori drew out the word and backed away from her fuming brother. Whenever he was in anger, his dominance came out in short bursts. It was a powerful thing he had and apparently Nine could withstand it as she stared at him with deep interest.

Tori realised that she was going to have to teach Nine a lot of things about being a mate.

Since she had come to accept Slade as her mate, Nine noticed that she was almost in tuned with him. She felt this instinct to comfort him as he sat raging in front of her. But she didn't know how.

Taking it as an experiment, she hypothesised her options but only picked one to test on.

Nine reached out and touched Slade cheek with the tips of her fingers. In millisecond his jade eyes connected with hers in surprise - all anger disappearing in an instant and replaced with desire and devotion.

Both she did not understand.

But she at least proved her theory. Nine pulled her hand away and saw Slade pout. She frowned at him and just looked away.

Tori waved a hand in front of Slade's face to get his attention, "So anyway, I was thinking that you could just rent out the mall for two days. We are rich if you remember." She pointed out, placing a hand on her hips.

Glaring in suspicion at sister, Slade asked cautiously, "Why two days?"

Tori replied with sheepish grin, "One for Nine and two for me."

Slade shot her a dry look. He knew what a shopaholic his sister was and many times Ryan had to hold her hand so she wouldn't wonder off and buy the whole place. Maybe he would just get Nine the clothes without the whole trip to the mall.

"Oh, c'mon! It's not every day I get the mall to myself!" Tori whined and tugged on her brother's arm. When she saw his face turn hard which meant that he was going to say no, Tori quickly said, "Nine's gunna need underwear! And I hear Victoria's Secret have a new stock!"

Gotcha! She thought wickedly when she saw Slade's eyes glaze over as he whipped his head to Nine. His eyes roamed her delectable body.

"Very well then."

Slade stood up and cleared his throat awkwardly. He then kissed Nine's forehead and headed for his office to make the call and to calm himself down. Just the thought of Nine in lacy underwear would send him into an uncontrollable frenzy and since the image was stuck in his head, he couldn't get it out.

Any longer and he was going to have a big problem that only his mate could help him with.

Once he was out the room, Nine turned her attention to her new female friend. She flinched back at the sight of her grin. It reminded her of Victors except it looked more troublesome.

"You ready to go to the greatest place in the entire galaxy!" Tori squealed and bounced while clapping her hands.

Nine frowned at her and tilted her head. "Heaven?" she questioned.

Tori wrapped her arms around her shoulders and sighed happily. "Yes. Heaven." She replied with a grin.

A couple of hours later, the mall was booked and waiting for their VIP guests.

Slade watched as his precious Queen leave with his sister and two other cars filled with his strongest warriors. The further the cars went, the more worried he got. Even Ryan who stood next to Slade, watching the car drive away was slightly concerned for Nine.

"Are you sure about leaving her with your sister?" Ryan asked anxiously.

Victor was still a threat but leaving Nine with Tori was surely going to bite them in the ass. Who knew how Nine would turn out after spending a day with Tori.

"I don't know." Slade replied honestly. His stress levels rising with each day but leaving his mate with his sister.

Goddess help him, he prayed.

***

By the time they arrived home it was almost five. Tori and Nine spent nearly nine hours at the mall. The reason being, Nine was uncontrollable for the first three hours. The different aromas and various things to see caused Nine to go into 'Curious Mode' as Dexter told Tori of what she was to expect of Nine.

Curious Mode was a short phase where Nine would investigate everything until she was satisfied. Lately it had been occurring more often but that come to no surprise because of the change in environment.

So after Tori finally got her under somewhat control, she taught Nine how to shop fashionably. Nine didn't really care for fashion but was eager to learn something new. That lasted for about another four hours and the remaining time was used to pamper Nine which included a manicure and pedicure and a few other touch ups to pull of her new look.

Tori chose to make Nine look badass only because a girly look wouldn't go well with her personality that was starting to show. In the mall Nine did have a burst of aggressiveness that scared Tori when she tried to take put away an item she was looking at. It was a territorial display, a common trait shown in animals and shifters who followed their animal instincts.

Thankfully Nine calmed down but now she was a little more cautious around her.

The other reason was that she knew her brother had a thing for sexy bad girls. She shook her head at his explanation which was that he loved the challenge.

Idiot.

Well, at least now he will face his biggest challenge - his mate.

"Alright Nine, you ready?" Tori asked as they got out the car while the guards began the long process of taking the bags inside. Tori stared at her super sexy, badass best friend.

Nine stood tall and proud. Her outfit making her look a lot more intimidating than before. Tori thought it best to keep it simple for now. She had Nine wear a black leather studded jacket - left open with a red under top, black skinny jean and a pair of black combat boots.

She couldn't do much about the scars on her face and to be honest, she didn't want to cover them up with makeup. Slade loved every inch of Nine and she knew that was enough for him. So Tori left out all makeup because she couldn't see Nine putting it on. Maybe she would on special occasions.

With her short, dark hair swept to the side to cover her left eye, it made the other eye stand out. Tori was slowly getting used to those white iris though she did unconsciously shiver whenever Nine would contract her pupils into slits. It felt like she was locking onto her target.

Shaking her head to get rid of the feeling, she saw Nine turn her way and nodded, a smirk crawling on her lips - a trick she learned from her.

Tori replied with a wicked smirk of her own. Shopping wasn't the only thing she taught the feisty she-wolf. Hopefully the experience would speed up Slade and Nine's relationship.

"Let's go!"

With her new female friend, Nine began to walk confidently towards the house. The constant exercise in the mall had strengthened her legs considerably, though she knew the beast had something to do with it. She could feel her muscles burning up and she suddenly felt stronger in her new form.

Nine figured out quickly that the beast hated feeling vulnerable and preferred to be in wolf form but with her in control, she didn't allow it and so he must have given her the strength to protect herself in this weak form.

His survival depended on working with her, but even so, Nine was not ignorant when it came to understanding the beast. The second she let her guard down, he would forcefully take over.

Nine grinded her teeth, eyes narrowing at the memory of the beast taking over while she was stuck in the darkness - helpless...and afraid.

Her fist tightened and her eyes burned intensely.

Never again.

Entering the house Nine's senses picked up on her mates immediately. With her target in mind, she left Tori to find him.

Just needing to be near him to calm her was apparently normal for mates. Nine was thankful for Tori to explain some aspects of being a mate, the rest she had to get from Slade as Tori told her to.

Though her mind was firmly locked on Slade, Nine's senses began to stir when she noticed unmated males eyeing her.

She knew that gaze all too well. It was the same gaze from the Rogues in the arena whenever she was in human form before she stopped shifting. A horrid smell would always roll of them and their eyes would go hooded as they watched her. All Nine knew was whatever they were planning she'd never allow happen.

With that, she killed those male who dared to look at her in that way.

Nine's teeth grew into fangs and a growl was clawing its way up her throat but she forced it down and kept her lips tight shut.

It's too damn bad that she couldn't kill these ones.

Nine shook her head to get rid of such thoughts. She must always be careful, the beast could easily manipulate her mind into thinking what he wants.

Mind and body, she had to be strong in both.

Increasing her speed slightly, Nine followed her nose to lead her to Slade. She needed him, if Tori was right then he would be able to calm her down.

She had to walk through a hallway that lead to his office but her eyes spotted a couple of the older males that looked to be around their twenties.

They were a boisterous bunch and looked like they just came from having done some sort of physical activity. Nine could smell and see the sweat rolling down their chests, having only a pair of shorts on. With her keen eyes she could tell that they must have come from training. She almost forgot that they play fight to get stronger.

Nine inwardly snorted. Weaklings.

The three boys spotted Nine and their body language changed.

With her limited experience about the pack warriors, Nine couldn't assume their behaviour was the same as the Rogues in the arena. But what she did know was that they lacked respect especially towards Rogues. She never did understand why packs hated them. Though she could easily pick up that these mutts thought they were better than her.

She wished she could teach them a lesson but she forced that side of her down. She needed to learn self-control if she was going to live with everyone. She would not fight unless it was self-defence. Nine would not give the beast a chance because there was that fear that lingered in the back of her mind - never making her forget.

The beast would never let her forget that if she let her guard down for even a second, then she was going to a very dark place.

Gritting her sharpened teeth in an attempt to turn them blunt, Nine kept walking - her eyes looking straight ahead, past the guys.

"Well, well, looks like the Alpha must be getting soft to allow Rogues to walk freely." The blonde one spoke up, lifting his sharp chin in the air.

The taller friend wrapped an arm around the blonde's shoulder. "C'mon bro, you always get the good looking ones. It's my turn, besides I'm sure I proved to the Beta that I was the strongest at today's training." He smirked arrogantly making the third guy in the back roll his brown eyes.

Nine clenched her fist tightly, feeling her claws puncture her skin when she was forced to stop when they blocked her way and flanked her sides. Her animal instincts kicked in quickly and Nine felt a sharp pain in the back of her head.

Oh no.

"Aw is the little she-wolf getting scared?" the brown eyes cooed when she covered her eyes with her left hand and flinched when the beast tried to push through.

Let's show these mutts who they dare disrespect.

With her face looking down, the guys couldn't see her pain stricken face as she concentrated hard on overcoming the beasts' intention to kill.

Nine shut her eyes but even behind her lids, her vision was turning red and her body began to hum an all too familiar deadly tune.

No! No! No! Nine screamed in her head when the beast darkly chuckled.

"Knock it off, Shaun. Your voice is scaring her." The tall one snickered and then reached out to Nine, "C'mon sweetie, let me help you to relax." He smirked, hands inches away from her.

In a snap, Nine grabbed his hand and snatched him forward. The sudden attack forced the tall guy to lose his balance and fall to his knees. Not giving him time to react, she twisted his hand in an awkward angle behind his back, leaving him no room to move as he cried out in agony on the ground.

The beast laughed cruelly.

Break his arm, make him feel the pain.

Nine's hand shook as she fought against the beast who somehow gained control of her limb and was slowly twisting the guy's arm even more.

"AHH!!" he cried out even more.

C'mon Nine! Don't let him defeat you!

His friends gasped in shock, the brown eyes stumbled back but the blonde looked pissed and took a threatening step forward.

"How dare you-"

The blonde choked, gasping for air.

There was no way the male could have reacted in time for Nine's other hand to wrap firmly around his neck and squeeze tightly.

The blonde's hands reached out to grab Nine's wrist, trying to claw it away from his neck.

With the beast already in control of both arms, forcing Nine to use more of her energy to try and control the situation.

The two warriors were trapped, both struggling against the she-wolf but they would not escape. Not while the beast was slowly taking over her body.

"S-Sh-Shaun - Jeremy!" The brown eyed exclaimed, his eyes wide in terror and sweat rolled down his temple. He could not move an inch - like there were invisible chains holding him down. The pressure coming from Rogue was overwhelming his senses, turning them all numb. He couldn't even mind link anyone because something was blocking it and his wolf - he was...fading.

Please! Someone! Alpha - Beta - anyone! Help us! He cried out voicelessly. When he saw Shaun slowly loosing energy to get out of the she-wolf's deadly grip, he knew he had to break away and get help.

He just needed...to move!

The twitch from the brown eye's leg caught Nine's attention in a second as her head twitched towards him.

"Don't. Move." she growled fiercely and concentrated hard. If he did then he would bring out the beast instincts to hunt, she could not allow that! If the warriors would just stand still and not provoke her any more than she could pull the beast in.

Nine could feel herself losing control of her body and slowly, but surely being pushed back.

Why?!

Why was it becoming so difficult for her to calm down and control the beast? Why was he trying to come out now? These Werewolves weren't worth it for him when she could easily take them down herself, so why-

"Nine!!"

That voice.

Her head whipped around to find Slade - her mate. Her eyes locked on to him, the red mist suddenly whipping up a storm.

The beast snarled, his deadly teeth flashing in Nine's mind when he noticed her mate. Then he just calmed down, a dangerous glint lingering in his eyes.

Until next time, Nine.

With a final dark laugh, Nine's eyes turned white.

Her grip on the guys loosened and all three guys collapsed to the floor. Two crying out at the physical pain while the other suffered in silence as he clutched his racing heart at knowing he almost lost his wolf.

His petrified eyes trailed up to the she-wolf.

Just what was she?!

"Nine!" Slade was in front of her in an instant, he brought her to his chest and held on tightly. "Thank Goddess you are alright." He whispered, his voice sounding so vulnerable.

Slade rushed to her as soon as he felt a heavy presence. He thought the worst had happened to Nine. If the beast did take control and started to attack, then every warrior would respond in order to protect the pack. Fighting a pack would be different than fighting a Rogue.

While Rogues only fight for themselves, warriors have their family and mates to protect. They were far more fierce and aggressive. Nine had no experience going up against a pack who fights strategically instead of relying on power alone.

He could've - he could've lost her.

That thought sent s violent chill down his spine.

He pulled back slightly and looked to his three warriors. Thankfully Ryan and Nolan and a few other warriors plus a healer were there to help them. When Ryan looked at Slade, he gave a stiff nod to say that they were alright and that he had everything under control.

Letting out relieved sigh, Slade turned his attention to his mate. He cupped her face to make her look at him. Her lips were parted and her face pale. She looked dazed and unfocused. Gazing deep into her eyes, Slade asked strongly yet gently, "What happened Nine?"

"I-I don't know." She said finally focusing on Slade. "He-He just came out. I thought it was because he felt provoked by the Werewolves but the beast wouldn't waste his time on them." Nine tried to explain with a frown.

She herself was confused. It was the first time she didn't understand the beast's intentions but then again, she never did go against him or try to take full control.

Feeling eyes on her, Nine looked around to see other members watched anxiously and in terror at the sight of her. Noticing as well, Slade wrapped his hand around his mate's waist and began to lead her out the house. He'd have to address the situation to everyone and calm them down but right now his mate came first.

"You okay?" He asked in concern when they were outside.

Nine took a deep breath of air and let it out. She looked to Slade and then grinned.

She was never the one to hang onto the past. What's done is done, there was no going back. Dexter taught her that very valuable lesson. He told her that when they were in a pack that she should let go of the past but always remember the experience she got from it.

Slade's eyes softened. He gazed at her adoringly and leaned in to place a tender kiss on her forehead.

Nine placed a hand over the exact spot of the kiss and frowned cutely. She didn't know why Slade did that and decided to just shrug it off and let her hand fall to her side. She then remembered what Tori taught her about couples and looked down and grabbed his in hers.

She was slightly stunned at the size difference and how warm his were - not to mention the sparks as Tori called them. When she looked up, Nine blinked at Slade's bright grin. Liking it quite a bit, she returned it with a smile of her own.

He laughed and squeezed her hand.

"Let's go for a walk." He said and tugged her along the pathway towards the central area. It was sort of a place where everyone can gather other than behind the pack house. Plenty of Werewolves go there, it was sort of a small patch of woodland. It's so the pups can play in the woods safely without the parent's fear of Rogues lurking about.

Slade looked to his mate to see her staring at him in fascination. He felt pride build up in him to see his mate only looking at him.

"What is it?" He asked a minute later when she frowned and squinted her eyes at him as if the answers were written on his face in really small writing.

"I still don't understand what makes you so different from everyone else." Nine replied, still not taking her eyes off him as they walked. "How come Dexter can't calm me down like you can?"

"It's because I'm your mate. Your other half." Slade explained. "We were made for each other."

"Hmm..." Nine hummed, not really liking the short answer but accepted it anyway. Maybe in time she would understand more clearly.

They reached the area where a lot of couples come to take walks or meet up on breaks from work.

While Nine was thoroughly fascinated, Slade was a little sceptical. He knew Nine was not ready for any type of intimacy and that he must slowly ease her into it but being around all these couples who openly show affection and Nine's constant curiosity on how to be a mate...this could not end well for Slade.

Gasping, Nine pointed to a very close couple who seem to be having an intimate moment. "Are they lovers?" She asked Slade eagerly. He abruptly snapped his head to her with wide, shocked eyes.

"Y-You know what lovers are?!" he asked, clearly in disbelief. How she find out about that is a mystery but then again, if she did know what lovers are than it could be something Slade could work with.

Nine looked up at him when she heard his stunned tone. With a small frown, she shook her head and watched as Slade deflated, shoulders slumping. She didn't like it when her mate looked sad.

"Oh..."

"I asked Dexter the same question." She said making Slade perk up a little. "He said he would tell me one day...that day has not come." Nine said seriously.

Slade let out a humourless chuckle. So even Dexter couldn't explain to her what lovers were.

Damn.

Closing his eyes and sighing, Slade took a deep breath before looking at Nine. He paused and turned to look at what she was staring at so intensely. The moment he did, he stiffened.

Shit.

Nine watched the couple press their lips together. Her head was tilted to the side and one eyebrow raised in confusion.

Why were they doing that?

By what she witnessed, she saw the female look upset at her mate. The male then took her in his arms and leaned down to press their lips together and immediately Nine noticed the female perk up and eagerly respond to the male.

Must be a mating thing, she concluded with a nod.

Nine pulled her eyes away from the couple to look at Slade who also snapped his head towards her. She noted that he looked extremely startled for some reason.

Was he upset too? Does that mean she had to do what the male did?

When her eyes drifted to his lips, Slade gulped. He completely changed from a grown man to feeling himself turn into a pathetic teenage boy on his first kiss.

Nine looked from his lips to the couple who were still making out and then back to his lips.

Goddess, the things she does to me!

"Ha-Ha!" He forced out the laugh and put a secure arm around Nine's shoulders, "L-Let go over there!" he quickly said and immediately lead her away from all the couples.

Once they were in a safe distance, Slade felt his energy drain.

Be patient Slade, in time you will get to kiss her all you want, he said to himself.

"Okay, so what do you-" he didn't get to finish the sentence when his adorable mate ran up to a little boy who had a remote controlled toy car he was driving.

Shaking his head, Slade stood back and used that time to just watch his mate with soft eyes and a gentle smile, making sure he didn't miss a second with his precious Queen.

He chuckled when the little boy let her take remote. Nine had to bend down to the kid's size so he could teach her how to control the car.

It was one of many perfect scenes for him. He could just watch her all day.

Soon enough Nine's attention was taken away when a small dog walked past her. Handing back the remote to the kid, Nine pointed at the dog and looked to Slade with big curious eyes.

"Baby Werewolf?" she asked, eyes moving from him to the dog who licked her finger that was pointing at him.

Slade laughed and shook his head to answer her question. Nine pouted and then went to find something else that fascinated her while Slade just sighed contently and softly smiled.

"I'm in love." He whispered.

***

A/N

For those of you who have read the title, the words inside the brackets is pronounced as (on hold)

Yes, i do believe that the title truly says

Number 9: The Genetically Modified Werewolf (On Hold)

But because i am cruel, i just wanted you to have a panic attack kekekekeke!!!

<( ̄︶ ̄)> Like a boss!

∋━━o(`∀'oメ)~→ Take that everyone!! Feel my wrath!

So basically the real reason is Uni started (noooooooo my plan to take over the world with Timmy [cough* lie cough*] is going to have to be on hold) and I have to get into the groove (what a funny word! haha! groove *snickers like a lil immature kid*) and so the point of this I am using Uni as an excuse to not write hehe!! :D

For those who wanted more updates its gunna have to wait coz I dont know when i shall return coz i may have ran out of chapters and kinda forgot what i was going to write in the next chapter!

But it's okay! I will return! and when that day comes

( •_•)>⌐■-■ I will be there!!

(⌐■_■) Like a boss....nah jokes!

-●-●-ヽ(`∀')ゝ

That's not my style!

(╭ರ_•́)

That's better (^~^)

I will take down the No longer writing part after a week when i gave all you lovely people a scare! mwhahahaaaaa!! Then it will be replaced with 'On Hold' and until that comes down - DON'T BUG ME WITH TELLING ME TO UPDATE!! otherwise i get all weak and then i will end up writing a chapter...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 155K 61
[COMPLETED] Lyra is a human living among wolf-shifters. Without being blessed with a beast, she tries her best to fit in the pack. Just when she tho...
1.7M 47.2K 46
"I set a alarm for a twelve o'clock so I could be the first one tell you happy birthday... happy birthday." I'm seventeen now. I turned the complete...
2.2M 68.7K 46
Many years ago, the vampires exposed themselves to the human civilization. They had believed they could live among the humans peacefully; however, af...
395K 8.3K 48
He was gigantic. The 7'0 monster of a man towered over her, even though he was sitting. Bright cyan eyes gazed down at her unreadably. He gestured w...