Family - Love or Foe

By RuVineet

#7 ~ #daughterslove hotlist. They were inseparable sisters, but things changed and the sisters had to part... More

~Character Sketch~
#1. Happiness
#2. Moments
#3. Surprise
#4. Sisters' Moment
#5. Family Love
#6. First Meeting
#7. Conversations
#8. Moments
#9. Conversations
#10. Family Moments
#11. Moments Of Joy
#13. Moments
#14. Past Memories
#15. Memories
#16. Moments

#12. Conversations

43 4 36
By RuVineet

Leaving Raina to play with Vineet, Naina and Viren move to their room. Viren gathers his official belongings - his files,papers and other things while Naina picks out his dresses  and sets them into a suitcase. She finishes his packing and turns to him. She finds him looking at her and raises her eyebrows at him.

"What are you thinking?"  He asks.

"Kuch bhi toh nahi. Tum apna samaan check karlo." Naina says with a smile.

"Arey Arey! Why are you changing the topic?? Mujhe batao kya hua hai??" Viren holds her hand.

Naina looks at him. It's amusing for her as he understands her in the same way her sister used to understand her. Moreover, he knows when she's sad or happy, and he treats her accordingly. Today, too, she has been reminiscing the past memories when their daughter broke her trance. She hugs him immediately.

" Viren, jeeju got me back here, and so my memories. Main toh pehle hi kehti thi ki meri Di laut aayi hain, lekin ab toh mujhe yakeen ho gaya hai. Hamari Raina bhi kuch baatein aisi karti hain, jo mujhe Di ki yad dilati hain. Jeeju is right, main bilkul Di jaisi ho gayi hoon. " Naina says.

" Moms are like that, Naina! Aur tum hi kehti ho na ki Di took care of you like your mother only." Viren smiles at her.

Truly, Naina feels that her daughter, Raina is growing to be the replica of her late sister. She's been remembering the old times, when Raina breaks her trance as she wants to talk to her mom. Naina smiles and holds his hands.

" Sach Viren! Na Jaane agar tum na hote toh main kya karti. Thanks for everything." Naina says while looking at him.

"Why do you thank me all the time??" Viren asks, though he knows the reason, yet listening to it from her, makes him smile.

"Tumhe pata toh hain, Viren. Agar tum mujhpar bharosa na karte toh aaj hum yahan na hote." Naina says.

Back in the past, Viren was close to his parents and paternal uncle, and Naina thought that her journey would end, as Viren wouldn't believe her. Though he claimed that he loved her, a fear was tingling in her heart. But, Viren took a stand for Naina and her deceased sister. Now, they are leading a happy life with their daughter - their bundle of joy, Raina.

"And there was a time when we couldn't stand each other." Viren says and Naina laughs.

"Di was very worried about that. Par wo kehte hai na, jo aapka sath dete hain wahi sachche saathi hote hain. Hamare liye wahi sach hua, Viren!" Naina says, her eyes teary.

"You know, I can't stand wrongs, naina. Isliye toh aaj bhi darta hoon main. Vineet bhai yahan honge toh mujhe kam chinta hogi. Tumhe yaad hain na, last diwali par kya hua tha!! " Viren says.

Naina takes a deep breath, nodding her head in agreement, as they remember the incident.

*Flashback begins*

It's diwali and Raina is quite excited to play with the fire crackers. All day long, she watches her mother making food and sweets. She's told it's for the Puja, and the girl believes her. But, she's too excited about firing the crackers.

"Papa! Chalo na, fuljhadi chahiye!" The girl holds the hem of her father's silk kurta.

Viren's making the diyas, they have decided to decorate their flat beautifully. He's pouring ghee into the large diya. He shushed his daughter that he'll take her out in a while. But, the little one is impulsive and she sits grumpily. Naina watches her and  sits beside her on the couch.

"Kya hua princess?" Naina asks her daughter.

"Papa Raina ki baat nahi sun rahe. Mujhe neeche jaana hai." the girl replies grumpily.

"Hum chalenge na neeche, par puja ke baad. Fir wahan aapke dost bhi honge. Abhi akele kya karogi?" Naina says, she tells her that after an hour, they will go downstairs in the compound and fire the crackers with her friends.

Little Raina looks at her mother. She knows that it will be fun if she will enjoy it with everyone and not alone. She agrees to her mom, who takes her inside her room and makes her ready for the puja.

Two hours later, the family of three have finished their Puja and they are all set to head down and wish everyone for Diwali. Viren scoops Raina in his arms while Naina holds some crackers, and they head down. Once they reach down, Raina runs to her friends while Naina and Viren talk with a few friends. Meanwhile, Viren gets alert on his daughter's voice.

He gazes around and finds a lady giving sweets to his daughter while the latter is denying. Little Raina is fearful and the way she's  trying to hold her hands. Raina is calling for her dad and he heard it. Viren angers seeing the person. It's his mom. He rushes towards Raina and lifts her in his arms while the girl hugs him out of fear. She is scared of the lady.

"Aap yahan kya karne aayi hain?" Viren asks firmly.

"Beta! Main toh apni poti ko ghar le jaane aayi thi." the lady cries.

"Oh really! Poti! Kuch nahi lagti ye aapki. Aapne toh mujhe bhi ghar se nikala tha, toh meri beti par aapka koi haq nahi." Viren shouts angrily.

"Lekin beta… sach toh… " the lady says but Viren cuts her.

"Sach jhooth ki baat aap na karein toh behtar hoga, Mrs. Sneha Singhaniya. Kyunki agar aap sach ka sath deti toh aaj Raina Di aaj zinda hoti. You guys have killed her. Aur ab na toh mujhpar aur na meri beti par aapka koi haq hai. Ab jaiye yahan se." Viren shouts and moves inside with fast steps.

Naina moves to Sneha and holds her hand tightly.

" kyun aayi hain aap yahan!!! Jaiye yahan se. Bada pyar aaya hai aapko poti pe, jab main aapko samjha rahi thi ki meri behen takleef mein hai toh aapne nahi suna, ab ye naatak kyun??" Naina spats all her anger at the elderly lady.

"Aap mujhse meri Raina di chheen chuki hain, lekin is baar aisa nahi hoga. Meri Di akeli thi, par meri beti akeli nahi hai! Uski maa uske sath hai. Ab dobara yahan na aaiyega." Naina says and jerks her hand while the lady is shocked.

Viren takes Raina to the flat. The girl is scared and Viren pats her back to calm her down. The girl falls asleep on his dad's shoulder and Viren is a bit relieved.

*Flashback Ends*

" Wo sab soch ke aaj bhi darr lagta hai, Naina!" Viren says.

"Mujhe bhi darr lagta hai. Apni Raina Di ko toh main kho chuki hoon, hamari bachi ko nahi khona chahti." Naina looks at her husband with teary eyes.

Viren embraces her in his arms, assuring her that no bad will happen now. Meanwhile, a loud voice breaks their trance.

" Aap dono Raina ke bina hug kar rahe ho? Very bad! "  There's the little girl standing at the door.

Naina jumps apart, sits on the bed. The little girl always finds ways  to be close to her parents.

"badepapa phone pe baat kar rahe hai, aur aap Idhar, Raina ke sath koi nahi khelta." The girl makes a sad face.

Viren gets on his knees and the girl hugs him. He kisses her head.

"Hum shaam ko khelenge, papa ke jaane se pehle! Okay!" Viren says.

Raina looks at him and agrees. Naina lifts Raina in her lap while Viren leans close to them to click a picture.

Life seems good for them.

To Be Continued.

Will life be easy for them?

What happened with Raina in the past?

Stay tuned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

891 171 32
They are in an age where finding self happiness is claimed wrong. If you find time for yourself, it means you're not committed to your family. Ruhana...
7.1K 63 7
He is her brother who raised her since her tender age after unfortunate demise of their parents. He is her only family! Her father! mother! Her broth...
13.3K 666 43
[COMPLETED] #13 in #spouse hotlist. #14 in #lifepartner hotlist. #1 in #vineetkumar hotlist. She lives with her son. He's a loner. What will happ...