The Fighter

By _Esmeraldaaa_

The Black Rose Series #3 Fighter - close-range combatants that possess a mix of offensive and defensive capab... More

Disclaimer
Dedication
Introduction
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Author's Note

Chapter Twenty-Nine

242 15 1
By _Esmeraldaaa_

GEMMA received a message from an unknown number pero kahit hindi naka-save iyon sa phone niya, alam niya kung sino iyon.

She sighed and instead of answering the message, she pressed the power button at inilapag ang phone niya sa dashboard.

She closed her eyes and pinch the bridge of her nose.

Because the truth is, she can't decide.

She can't decide if she will going to help Harley or she will pretend that she didn't know what is happening.

Because the universe knows that she knows what is damn happening.

Harley together with her adoptive father, they will going to the vault kung saan nandoon ang memory card.

But the thing is, part of her are already threatened when she learned that Harley is a descendant of the previous leader of The Empire.

She is scared that if everybody will knew.

She's will be left alone.

Again.

"Having a hard time?" Napapitlag naman ang dalaga nang biglang may magsalita.

Tumingin naman ito sa labas ng bintana ng kotse and she saw Elijah.

"What are you doing here?" She asked nang makapasok ito sa shotgun seat kahit na hindi niya ito inimbitahan na sumakay.

"I was taking a jog and I saw your car here. What's happening?" He asked at saka tumingin sa kaibigan nito.

"It was fucked up El." Gemma admitted.

"How fucked up?" Elijah asked.

"I was torn between helping or ignoring the problem." She said at saka tumingin sa lalaki. "Tell me Elijah, how will you help the person that can possibly ruin your entire plan?" She asked.

"Is this person...is your friend?" He asked and Gemma nodded as an answer.

The man laughed and shakes his head.

"Oh Sideris, you are really fucked up." He said and chuckled. "But kidding aside...you know it is a tough spot." He commented.

"You think!?" She exclaimed as she heard those answers from him. "Thank you Captain Obvious." She said and rolled her eyes.

"Chill woman, here have some water." Elijah offered.

"Papakuluan ko yang tubig na yan at ibubuhos ko sayo." Pagbabanta naman nito kaya kaagad na binawi ng binata ang hydro flask na in-offer nito.

"Overwhelming power can only give birth to sadness." He said at tumaas naman ang kilay ni Gemma sa sinabi neto as she processed what he said.

Seconds later, she can't deny that he has a point.

"Follow your heart because it always knows where will you be happy" He said then grinned.

"You know that I hate to admit that you're right." She said at saka ini-start ang makina. "Want to come with me?" She asked and that made Elijah chuckle.

"Sure, I would like to see you making a right decision." He said and with that, Gemma drove the car to the direction where Harley is possibly in.

///

*earlier that time*

⍟HARLEY⍟

Inihinto ko naman ang sasakyan sa tapat ng isang pamilyar na building, actually, we visited this establishment noong nakaraang araw.

We are in front of the hospital where I got the map of the vault.

Well, hindi na ako babalik pa at magnanakaw ulit ng panibagong map or what.

It was Felix who requested to go here before we search for the vault.

"Eto na ba yon?" Felix asked and I can tell that he is nervous.

"Why are you acting like you're meeting her parents? you will just going to visit her, come on." I said at saka binuksan ang pinto sa side ko nang maialis ko na ang seatbelt.

Bumaba na rin naman ito at saka sumunod sa akin.

"Hi, we are visiting..." I trailed off at saka tinignan si Felix.

"Uhm...Kaye...Naval?" He asked and the nurse started to look at the list of patients.

"Room 503 po." Sagot naman ng nurse.

We muttered 'thank you' bago lumakad papunta sa elevator.

"What will I say to her?" Felix asked.

"Anything you want." I said at saka tumingin sa kanya. "Just tell her everything...even your feelings." I added.

He scoffed. "As if na ganoon kadali lang yon."

"Okay then, have fun looking from afar." I said.

"Hindi mo pa nga sinasabi kay Jack yung feelings mo."

"Because I don't have to say." I argued at saka tumingin sa kanya. "Kayo lang naman ang naga-assume na may 'feelings' ako sa kanya." I said as I quoted the feelings in the air.

"Sure, deny pa." He said.

Hindi naman ako sumagot at saka pumasok sa elevator na nakarating na sa floor namin. Ilang minuto naman ang itinagal ng biyahe sa elevator at kalaunan ay nakarating na rin kami sa floor kung nasaan ang kwarto ni Kaye.

Nauna naman akong maglakad sa kanya at sinimulang hanapin ang kwarto and I stopped in front of it nang makita ko iyon.

"This is it." I said.

Dinig ko naman ang pahinga niya ng malalim before he exhaled. Para namang sasabak sa job interview ang matandang to.

"Okay na ba ang itsura ko?" He asked.

"Mukha ba akong stylist?"

"Nagtatanong lang--"

"Papasok ka or sisipain kita papasok sa loob?" I asked.

"Sabi ko nga papasok na." He grumbled at saka hinawakan ang doorknob at binuksan ang pinto.

Kaagad namang tumingin si Kaye kay Felix nang pumasok ito habang ako ay nanatili lamang sa labas at tinignan sila mula sa salamin na nasa pinto.

I can tell that Kaye is happy to see Felix at ganoon din naman ang matanda.

So Felix is telling the truth that he knows Icarus personally

They talked for about for a minute before Kaye looked at me from the inside, just like what happened when I last stepped my feet in here.

Felix looked at me also and motioned me to enter at sinunod ko naman iyon.

"Hi." Bati ko kay Kaye nang makapasok ako. "I know you saw me last time. My name is Harley." Pagpapakilala ko naman.

"I know." She said hoarsely.

Her hand reached mine and I can feel a slight coldness from it, how sick is this woman para maging ganito ang temperature niya!?

"I-I'm sorry f-for what my husband d-did to you..." She said and lightly squeezed my hand.

"I don't know if I can forgive him." I said and sighed.

I glanced at Felix na tahimik lang na nakamasid and I saw him nodded, like he is urging me to go on.

"And I don't know what will I do when I saw him." Dagdag ko.

I lightly squeezed her hand back bago tuluyang bumitaw sa kanya.

"Felix, we need to go." I said nang mapansin ang oras sa wall clock na nasa kwartong iyon.

"Give me a minute, I will just say something to her." He said and I nodded.

I hope you confess your feelings already, old man.

Tumingin naman ako ulit kay Kaye and I nodded at her also bago tuluyang lumabas ng kwartong iyon.

And just like what he said, lumabas na rin si Felix after a minute.

"You look happy." I said and he chuckled at saka ginulo ang buhok ko.

I grumbled at saka inayos ang buhok ko na ginulo niya.

"Just ignore me." Utos naman nito at sabay kaming lumakad papunta sa elevator.

As the silence filled between us, worry starts bubbling inside me.

It's time to do the real thing that might end all of this marbles.

///

"You're late." Ani naman ni Jaypee nang makababa kami sa kotse.

"By a minute." Sagot ko naman.

"But still you're late." He insisted. "Where's Felix by the way?" He asked.

"I dropped him off somewhere, probably he's with Phoenix right now." I said.

Tumingin naman ako kay Jack na kasalukuyang nakatingin sa malawak na tubig ng Port at mula sa kinatatayuan naman namin ay kita ang buwan.

"Jack, are you sure about this?" I asked nang makarating sa tabi sa kanya.

"Yep, I am a hundred percent sure." He said and looked at me then gave me a small smile.

I nodded at saka tumingin sa buwan.

"The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" He asked.

Narinig ko naman ang pagsingap ni Jaypee na nasa tabi ko pala and I think narinig din iyon ni Jack kaya pareho kaming tumingin sa kanya.

His eyes widened when he looked at us and shakes his head bago umalis sa kinatatayuan niya.

Weird.

"Yeah, the moon is beautiful." I answered at saka tinitigan ulit ang buwan.

"I hate to break your moment but it's better if we start to prepare." Jaypee said.

"Alright."

I glanced at Jack again and I can see a faint blush on his face.

Another weird thing.

///

After Jaypee taught us the basic signs underwater, we grabbed our own diving equipment and prepared for diving on the water.

"If someone is in danger or you guys found the vault, just click the smartwatch okay? it's waterproof kaya gagana yan kahit nasa ilalim tayo." I instructed as I wear the bag where the oxygen was placed.

"Noted." The two men answered as they prepare for diving.

Huminga naman ako ng malalim and Jaypee count into three before we dive.

As we submerged to the water, my ears are blocked and the only thing I can hear is the water.

Jaypee signed that he is going north and I signed that I will go to left while Jack will go to right.

Before we separate, we did a fist bomb then we swam away from each other.

I hope they will be safe.

But something in my gut telling me that this is not a good idea.

I fixed the flashlight on my gear at nagsimula nang tumingin sa paligid, nang wala naman akong makitang kakaiba, I dived deeper.

Kinapa-kapa ko naman ang mga malalaking bato doon and tried to look for a space kung saan ka-kasya ang isignia na nakuha ko.

But minutes later, wala pa rin akong nakita.

I swam back to the direction of where we dive and when I was about to look again, the smartwatch on my wrist vibrated.

Dalawa lang iyon, it's either there's a danger or someone found the vault already.

Akmang lalangoy na sana ako palayo sa lugar na iyon nang may humawak sa braso ko.

I looked back and it's an unfamiliar person, I immediately put a distance between us pero nahawakan niya ulit ang braso ko.

Let me go damnit!

Sinubukan ko namang bawiin ang braso ko pero mahigpit ang pagkakahawak nito.

And later on, his hand found my hair.

Oh, you son of a bitch.

I struggle against his hold because clearly, he is strong and the water is not helping.

After this I want Gemma to do an underwater training and train me.

Kinapa ko naman ang waist ko at kaagad na kinuha ang kutsilyo na nandoon.

Then I used it to cut my hair, just to get away from him and from his hold.

Just like what Sakura did from Naruto.

I swam away from him immediately, a joy filled my chest when I saw the edge of the port.

But that joy was short live.

Again, the man grabbed me from behind and he swim upwards. Since hawak niya ako, pati ako ay nadala sa paglangoy niya pataas.

Nang makaangat naman ang ulo namin ay kaagad na hinawakan ko ang ulo nito and bashed my head to his.

Then I used that chance to swim away from him.

I was still wearing my googles kaya panigurado masakit iyon.

Mabilis namang nakaakyat ako sa pantalan and I removed my diving gear.

"Jack! Jaypee! run!" I screamed nang makita ang mga ito as I run towards them.

I flinched nang makarinig ng pagputok ng baril and I know that it was meant for us.

Hindi naman kalayuan sa amin ay nagsimula ang palitan ng putok ng baril.

Felix must be fighting also.

"Let's go!" I said at saka hinila si Jack at patakbong nagtungo sa kung saan pwede magtago.

We entered at the empty warehouse and Jaypee handed me a gun as we successfully hide.

"Let's fucking do this." I said at saka lumabas sa pinagtataguan ko and I pointed my rifle to the first enemy that I saw.

I missed hand to hand combats but for now, a gun is VERY useful.

"Jack, go hide there." Utos ko at tinuro ang mga drum na nandoon at kaagad din namang sumunod si Jack.

Jaypee and I continued to ward off the enemies, I can't tell if they are Icarus' men or from the gang.

All I know is we are not safe.

"Jack found the vault." Ani naman ni Jaypee hababg nagre-reload ito. "He already planted the device." He added.

"Good, now we just need to kill them off." I said at saka sabay na lumabas mula sa pinagtataguan namin and again, we ward off the enemies.

Akmang magre-reload pa sana ako ng bala nang may baril akong naramdaman sa likod ng ulo ko.

Tumingin naman ako kay Jaypee and I saw Matias is pointing a gun to his head also.

"Drop your guns." Utos naman ng lalaking nasa likod ko.

And I know that voice.

"Icarus." I spat and that made the man laugh.

"Bingo." He said na para bang nasa game show kami.

Kahit na labag sa loob ay ibinaba namin ni Jaypee ang baril na hawak namin at saka intinaas ang mga kamay namin.

"Stand up." He commanded at tahimik naman naming sinunod iyon.

The two bought us back to the wide space of the port and made us kneel habang nakatutok pa rin ang mga baril nila sa ulo namin.

"Woah there, you don't have a respect to the old man?" Dinig ko na turan ni Felix sa bandang kaliwa ko.

"Felix!" I said.

I was about to move but the gun pressed further to my head.

"Don't fucking move." Ani naman ni Icarus.

My eyes widened nang makita si Jack na hinihila papunta sa dulo ng pantalan.

"Jack!"

"Harley, stay!" Awat naman ni Jaypee sa akin.

Saglit namang nawala ang baril sa ulo ko pero segundo lang ang pagitan noon at may pumalit ulit na baril doon then Icarus stood in front of me.

"Where is the vault?" He asked.

"I am not telling you." I said.

"Oh, so you want to watch as they die one by one?" He said at saka hinila ako patayo.

Iniharap naman niya ako and I also saw Phoenix and some of his other men, he looked at me and his eyes told me that 'we are outnumbered'.

I gritted my teeth at saka sinubukang makawala mula sa pagkakahawak niya pero hindi ko magawa.

"Now, now, I believed I asked you a question." Icarus said.

"No." I muttered and I flinched when I heard a gunshot.

One of Phoenix's men dropped on the ground, unconscious.

Fucking hell.

"See what I mean?" Icarus asked.

I clenched my jaw and closed my eyes, I tried to remember what the training taught me when I will be in this situation.

Seems like they didn't know that they need an isignia.

"Fine, I will tell you." I said. "But you have to let them go first." I bargained.

Tumingin naman ako sa kanya and I saw him grin.

"Sure." He said at saka tumango sa mga tauhan niya.

His men let Felix and the others go as I removed the wrist watch at saka ibinigay iyon sa kanya.

"Nandyan ang mark kung nasaan ang vault." I said.

"Good." Icarus said and nodded again but this time, it was directed to Matias na siya ngayong nakabantay kay Jack.

And the next thing they did made my heart stop.

"JACK!"

End of Chapter Twenty-Nine

The book is almost finish, OMG bilis ng panahon haha 😆

~REp

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 104 39
"In this beautiful and mysterious ocean, you remain my greatest mystery, you remain my innocent ocean." -Captain Aldrine Reese Tiazon Started: June 4...
238K 5.1K 32
'Find me and I will marry you' -unknown WINDY BROOK a NUN who wants a new life. Her life will be tragic again after she...
6.2M 324K 99
Carnelia Manelli, isang anak ng Major General ng military at sikat na Fashion Designer na sina Jared at Kacey Manelli. Dahil dito, hindi naging madal...
141K 3K 17
James Matthew Cirillo is the eldest son of Irish Hearts and Jeremy Cirillo. Dahil sa takbo ng love ng kanyang magulang ay ipinatupad ng tatay niya na...