Stranger by the Tides [BoyxBo...

By WilliamJones20

Quiet and innocent 22-year-old Mio Corey has everything a person could ask for. Money, loving parents, a best... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Something
Chapter 2: A Solo Trip
Chapter 3: Getting Supplies
Chapter 4: The Sky's the Limit
Chapter 5: Goodbye L.A
Chapter 6: Welcome to Hawaii
Chapter 7: A Beautiful Room
Chapter 8: Lazy Productivity
Chapter 9: Who Are You?
Chapter 10: Prince Aiden
Chapter 11: What is Normal?
Chapter 12: Wanna be Friends?
Chapter 13: Tragic Past
Chapter 14: I Trust You
Chapter 15: Make Yourself at Home
Chapter 16: A Rare Gem
Chapter 17: Two More Weeks
Chapter 18: The Princess who Left Him
Chapter 19: Dilemma
Chapter 20: I'm Sorry
Chapter 22: I'll Bring us Back Safely
Chapter 23: Whale Riding
Chapter 24: Make a Wish
Chapter 25: Barbie and Ken
Chapter 26: Thank You, Universe
Chapter 27: Another New Beginning
Chapter 28: Welcome to LA
Chapter 29: Preparation
Chapter 30: Cheers to Aiden!
Chapter 31: Worth the Wait
Chapter 32: The Unexpected
Chapter 33: Fallen Prince
Chapter 34: An Unrealistic Concept
Chapter 35: Slice of the Past
Chapter 36: Mission Failed
Chapter 37: A Promise
Chapter 38: Grow as We Go
Chapter 39: First Kiss
Chapter 40: Unexpected Beginning
Chapter 41: Parent's Blessing
Chapter 42: Siren Cove, Our Home
The End

Chapter 21: Fate Sucks

18 4 0
By WilliamJones20

"WHY ARE YOU CRYING?" He strokes my back. "I should be the one crying."

Through my conversation with mom and dad, Aiden heard everything. He knows about the job I'm wanting, my dilemma of meeting him or leaving him. In a way, that's another weight off my shoulders because I didn't know how or what to tell him.

We sat by the pool with our legs dipped in.

It's too early to blub.

"I'm sorry," I kept sniffing. "I'm just really lost here."

"You're going back," he starts. "We both saw this coming, but it came earlier than expected, so why are you crying over it?"

"I don't know."

"Do you really?"

I nod. "I've been waiting for the company to get back to me, and after months of silence, they only responded now, when I'm doing something with my life. When I met someone who I want to get to know even further," I stared at my reflection in the pool. What an ugly mess.

"It's clear what you should, Corey," he held his hands. "Go home, get your dream job. Let nothing or anyone get in your way."

"That's the thing, I don't know what I want. The job? Or you?"

I felt his eyes on me, but I was afraid to face him because he now knows what I wanted besides the job.

"As I mentioned before, a billion thank you will never be enough to express my gratitude for everything you've done," he stuttered. "We cross paths in an unexpected timing, built a bond without realizing and now we have to part ways. It's simply fate."

"Fate sucks."

"It exists, like it or not, Corey."

He reaches for my hand and took it in his. Our eyes met. His eyes were just as blue as mine. "Go home, get the job, and work on your life," he's trying to speak. "And if you have the time, visit me? I'll always be at my shelter."

He gave a lopsided, sad smile.

We held on to each other hands in silence while swinging our legs back and forth in the pool. It seems like silence always gets the best of us. One way or another. And sometimes it can be even louder than everything around us. Now, my thoughts are louder than anything.

A change of mood took over the atmosphere.

"Corey," he took his hand, pulled his legs out of the water, and faced me. "You did so much for me. Things I won't be able to repay, so now, it's my turn."

He seemed jovial, as he can't stop smiling.

"You've heard of whale watching right?" He asks.

I nod. "Yes, the one where people venture to a specific location to see the whales."

"Right. Now, have you tried whale riding before?"

Now that confuses me.

Whale riding? Is there such a thing? There is horse riding, but never before have I heard about whale riding.

"Can't say that I have."

"Excellent," he clapped his hands. "We both love the ocean very much, so I believe this will be the best experience of your life.

"Let's go whale riding," 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 36.4K 61
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancé ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...
19.2K 297 21
In this rewrite of Voltron, Allura isn't the only royal Altean left. Her younger sister, Second Princess of Altea, Alaina, also known as Lana, also m...
18.4K 136 39
Best lgbt books everrrrr...trust me.
135K 5.4K 19
Bobby is a broken 16 year old He has no friends and he's gay.He won't let anyone help him as he is stuck in his own silent world. Ashton,a boy who wa...