Awakening Death

By PanthaPlatypus

16 year old Amelia lives a life no one would ever believe. When Amelia and her sister Karen get in a car acci... More

Chapter One ~ Invisible
Chapter Two~ Long Goodbyes
Chapter four ~ Awakening
Chapter Five ~ A New Beginning?

Chapter Three ~ Not So Alone

184 17 5
By PanthaPlatypus

Her father kept crying as Amelia stood to her feet. Amelia ran out of her fathers room and into her brothers room. Her brother Jason was sitting on his bed listening to his iPod, she ran over to him and ripped the earphones out of his ears.

-" Jason, I need you to go tell dad that I'm ok! Please Jason!" She waved in his face as Jason looked around the room confused.
-" Um... Okay then." He stuck the earphones back in his ear and laid back on his bed.

-" Look Jason, I'm scared out of my mind, I don't know what to do because no one will answer me. Please just say one thing to me, just answer me" her voice started cracking as she spoke trying to push the words out as the tears poured down her face. She looked down at her feet and back up at her brother. She walked slowly over to him and moved his arm over slightly. After she moved his arm Jason sat up instantly, she looked down at her finger tips confused by him responding to her touch but not her voice.

-" Okay now that I got your attention off that blasted music you can listen to what I'm saying Jason, I need you to please just look at me and tell me you can see me." Jason looked around the room and then straight into Amelia's eyes, but it wasn't in her eyes he was looking straight threw her. She backed away and ran out of his room and sat in the corner of her room until morning came.

Finally the sun came to rise and Karen's alarm clock had went off. Karen stood up only to find a piece of paper that Amelia had written on while she was sleeping. Karen grabbed the paper and started reading it.

-" Karen, it's Amelia, I've been sitting here all night but no one seems to notice me, I'm scared and I've never felt so lonely before, please just say you can see me." Karen looked around her room and found herself drawn to the corner Amelia was curled up to, she had been crying into her knees all night long. When Amelia felt the presents of Karen's stare she looked up and Karen was looking her right in the eyes just like Jason was. She walked closer to Karen but Karen said nothing.

-" Oh right, you not looking at me you're looking through me, just like everyone else." She took a seat over on her bed and placed the notebook on her bed beside her, when Karen heard he paper move she whipped her head over and saw a marker floating, moving along the paper writing words. When Amelia was done Karen took a seat on the other side of the notebook reading out loud as Amelia wrote.

-" Please help me Karen, I feel so weird, but please answer me this.... Am I dead?" Karen swallowed trying to keep the tears down from this, she thought to herself knowing this was not a prank, it was happening right in front of her she could have noticed if it was long before now. She swallowed once more and broke the silent room with her quiet cracking voice.

-" I'm afraid you are..... G--Gone Amelia." Karen's eyes started to gather tears in her eyes and as she blinked they fell quickly to the purple blanket on Amelia's bed. Amelia kept writing, she wrote while the tears in her eye swelled up trying to see she wiped her eyes with her sleeve. When she was done Karen read it out loud again.

-" What do I do? I feel so much pain, but yet it doesn't hurt. Please Karen I just want to be with you guys again, I feel like I've let down dad every time I see him cry over me." Karen again swallowed, wiping her tears away before they rolled down her pale cheeks.

-" I--I'm sorry, this is all my fault, if I was looking over there three seconds before m-maybe I could have saved y-you" she started to stutter as she cried harder from the pain in her chest that over whelmed her.

-" Karen no! This is not your fault at all, I know you can't hear me but please don't think that about your self. We had a green light the guy that ran into us did it, but I'm not mad at him, I promise I've forgiven him." Amelia shouted and reached for Karen's hand. Karen quickly looked at her hand feeling Amelia's warm hand again, but it only made things worse she walked over to her bed and slid under her blanket.

-" I--I'm sorry Amelia" she kept repeating over and over again under her green blanket. Amelia quickly grabbed her noted book and a sharpie and started writing in it and laid it down on Karen's night stand waiting for her to come out. Amelia waited for three hours until finally Karen came out from under her blanket. Amelia was sitting at Karen's feet looking for Karen's face. Karen noticed the paper and picked it up and began to read.

-" Karen, I love you with all my soul. You would never do anything to hurt me, I know you blame your self but it's not your fault. The man that crashed into us, yes him he was the one who did it, but Karen it was an accident, that is was they call it a car "accident" not a car purpose. So please stop saying sorry and start feeling better I'm still here I'm talking to you, well sort of. But any who I have forgiven him for it because he didn't mean to. Now please smile for." Karen slowly set the letter down on the table again and looked to where she felt the warm breeze, and smiled. Karen didn't even know she was smiling until her cheeks were hurting.

That afternoon Karen got up and Amelia followed her to Karen's computer desk, she got on to the chat room to find her dads friend in a channel all by himself. She entered the channel and started to speak with her delicate voice.

-" Are you ok?" She spoke as gently as possible, when he noticed who it was he jumped and started to speak.

-" the real question is are you ok?" He asked her and she looked over at her note pad that had writings on it, it said to him Amelia said hi. She was a bit confused but said it anyway, he started to speak to Karen,
-" Are you sure you want to joke like that so soon?" She was scared if the judgment that was going to happen if she told him but she opened her mouth before she thought about it.

-" It's not a joke honestly, Amelia is right next to me writing on a notebook and if you want proof I will gladly record it writing and send it to you." She smiled and He replied to Karen with a small sigh and a few small soft toned words.

-" Amelia is..... Is alive?" Amelia looked up at Karen speaking in confusion

-" It? Really? I may be dead but I'm definitely NOT an it." She started at Karen angered by being called and it but then she heard speaking from behind her.

-" Well hello little girl" Amelia spun her head around to see a man about in his twenties standing behind her.

-" Are you talking to me?" She pointed at her chest in amazement that someone might be able to see her after all. He then started to speak again

-" Well who else would I be talking to? No one else can hear me," Amelia stood up and walked closer to him.

-" What's wrong with me? Why am I dead but people can still feel my warm touch?" She looked at him scared and lost he say that Amelia's hope for anything was fading fast and rapidly. He then spoke with such gently words as he looked down at Amelia.

-" Well it is unlike a spirit to have a warm touch we mostly have an ice cold feeling to our presence, but maybe..." He had stopped before he finished his words. Amelia looked down at her feet feeling the hope drain from her heart as she stood there listening to her sister talk and hear the tears form into her eyes.

The man turns around and leaves without saying another word. Amelia takes a seat and she then hears the house phone ring, Karen hopped up ran to the phone and answered it, it was the boy Amelia liked, liked for so long when Amelia heard Karen say the name Andrew she felt a zap in her heart burn like fire as she moved to the living room next to Karen. Amelia pulled out her notebook and started to write as Karen spoke.

-" Karen, please tell Andrew that I still like him well, I used to still like him, I was just afraid to say anything because I felt like no one could ever like me." She wrote it down as she spoke and Karen interrupted Andrew from saying anything else and started to speak.

-" Andrew, I think Amelia would want you to know that she cared about you still, before you know. She never really didn't get over you like she said she did, but she was trying to keep it a secret because she didn't think anyone could ever like her the way she wants to be liked by you." Andrew started crying as Karen spoke he then spoke himself.

-" Karen, thank you for telling me that we both felt the same about each other and honestly I thought, I know this might be stupid, but there is not going to be anyone that I can love like I loved her and to be honest I still do love her." Karen could help but to let out a small fan girl awe from the amount of romance happening in one little call. Amelia smiled and started to blush, the amount her heart ached knowing that she could have been with him all that time before she died. She reached over and hugged Karen from the happiness she felt and Karen looked down on her arms and felt the warm, touch of Amelia again. Just when she thought everything that she needed to move on was done she heard the man again and turned around.

-" You know I've only seen this once since I've been dead but when my friend was able to bring a warm touch to people when he was dead, it meant he wasn't really dead." He said but Amelia rolled her eyes and spoke with quite the tone.

-" I know I know, as long as the ones you love keep you in their heart your never really gone, you know how many times I've been told that?" He then stopped her and bent down to her level.

-" That's not what I mean though. I meant he was really still alive, maybe you should ask your sister where your body is." Amelia looked over at Karen and walked over and unplugged the phone cable Karen looked around and noticed Amelia writing again.

-" Was I buried yet or no?" Karen read it out loud again and replied.

-" No mom and dad wanted to wait a little while to make a good service for you." She spoke with her voice cracking again and Amelia started to write again.

-" I need you to call the place that has my body and tell them to check it for a pulse or any heart beat or breathing." Karen looked up and began to speak.

-" I don't know if the hospital will let me make those calls but I'll try." Karen called the hospital and found out since she is blood she can make those calls she took a breath and started to speak again.

-" I need you to please check on Amelia Rea Evans body, for a pulse any heart beat anywhere or breathing. I know this may be weird but I need you to do it please." The nurse sent some one and in thirty minutes they came back and gave her the results.

-" Miss, Karen, we have just noticed that Amelia Rea Evans is indeed alive." Karen hung up the phone and rushed her parents to the hospital within thirty minutes of the news.

Reminder: Nothing has been edited I shall do that soon though, but I hoped you enjoyed the story so far :) and by the way the picture up at the top of the chapter is Karen :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Bite Me By alicia

Paranormal

10.3M 413K 37
Werewolves and vampires don't mix, or that's what Kieran Callisto, a seventeen-year-old vampire, has believed all his life - until he falls for the A...
7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
22.9M 802K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...