The Deal (ON HOLD)

By 24_7_dreamer

Harmony has always been the girl that nobody ever really paid attention to. She was the quiet girl in all of... More

Cast
Chapter 1: Energy
Chapter 2: Connect
Chapter 3: 8 Out of 10
Chapter 4: The Ride
Chapter 5: Free Smoke
Chapter 6: Miss Me
Chapter 7: Diced Pineapples
Chapter 9: Change Locations
Chapter 10: Legend
Chapter 11: 7AM on Bridle Path
Chapter 12: Work
Chapter 13: From Time
Chapter 14: Get It Together
Chapter 15: Gold Roses
Chapter 16: Views
Chapter 17: Yes, Indeed
Chapter 18: In My Feelings
Chapter 19: No Long Talk
Chapter 20: Not You Too

Chapter 8: Recognize

79 9 0
By 24_7_dreamer

"Wow," Axel says as Nzuri finally finishes my hair, "it looks beautiful on you."

"Thank you," both Nzuri and I say.

"Bitch, he was talking to me," I look at her.

"Don't make me cut the shit out."

"Y'all are funny," Axel laughs at us.

"We dead ass serious," Nzuri says.

"Shut up," I roll my eyes, "but it's late and we got school in the morning, you should head home."

"Or I could stay here," Axel says.

"No the fuck you can't," my mom's voice is heard.

"Well, I guess I better go then," Axel stands up.

"Yeah, sorry about that," I walk him to the door.

"It's ok, I'll see you tomorrow," Axel walks to his car.

"Text me and let me know that you made it home safely."

"I will."

Axel gets into his car and drives off. I close the door and head back to the couch.

"You ready for bed," I ask Nzuri, but she's too into her phone to notice, "Zuzu. Zuzu!"

"Huh," she quickly turns her head towards me.

"Are you ok?"

"Oh, yeah, sorry, I was daydreaming."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm good."

"You know that you can tell me anything, right?"

"I know. I just got to figure some things out before I tell you."

"Ok," I say, understanding completely, "let's go to bed."

We walk to my room and change into our pajama's. We get into my bed and wait for sleep. Just before sleep takes over my body, I get a message on my phone. I look and see that's it from Axel. Being so sleepy, I just send an emoji and instantly fall asleep.

Headache: I'm home

My Fav Girl: 🥰

"I Ain't Get No Sleep Cuz Of Y'all, Y'all Not Gone Get No Sleep Cuz of Me," my mama stands at my bedroom door banging pots together.

"Ok, ok," I sit up, "I'm up."

"Damn, mama, you ain't had to do all that," Nzuri sits up beside me.

"I told yo ass about that cussing," my mama takes her shoe and throws it at Nzuri, "now hurry up. It's almost time for school."

"You can get in the shower first," I say to Nzuri.

"Ok," Nzuri gets up and walks to the bathroom across the hall.

I stretch and get out of my bed and walk to the kitchen. I make me a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios. As I eat, I decide to get on my phone. I look through the messages that I have and then a message catches my eye. I look at the emoji, I sent to Axel last night and begin to cough, slightly choking on my food.

"Harmony, are you ok?" my mom rushes over to me.

"Yeah," I say hoarsely, "food went down the wrong pipe."

"Ok, be careful," she says.

I finish eating my cereal, looking at the message as I do. This is when I notice that he loved the message that I sent, which causes my mind to wonder even more. I contemplate messaging him back but I decide against it and figure that I can explain the situation in person. Once Nzuri is out of the shower, I get in. Once I get out, I dry off and get dressed. I put on a black off the shoulder romper and some random black sandals.

"Are you ready?" Nzuri walks into my room.

"Yeah, are you getting something to eat?" I grab my bookbag.

"I think I'm going to stop by Wendy's and get something."

"That's in the opposite direction of school."

"I know."

I shake my head at my best friend and walk out of my room. I reach the living room in time to see my mom walking out the door.

"Bye, I love you," I say.

"I love you ma," Nzuri says.

"Bye, I love you girls," she says as the door shuts behind her.

"You ready?" I ask Nzuri.

"Yeah let's go," she walks to the door.

I follow behind her and close and lock the door as we leave. We get into her car and we head to Wendy's.

"You know we're going to be late right?" I say as she pulls up to the menu board.

"Food is worth it," she shrugs, "you want anything?"

"Just get me a vanilla frosty-ccino."

After ordering and collecting our food, Nzuri finally heads off in the direction of school. Nzuri speeds on the way there and miraculously, we make it just before the first bell rings. We get out of her car and make our way into the building. Nzuri, heads in the direction of her class while I make my way to my locker and to get my Calculus book. As I near my locker, I see Axel.

"Hey," he says, as I approach.

"Hey," I hurriedly open my locker as the first bell rings.

"You're late," he comments.

"Yeah, that's why I'm in such a hurry, don't want to be too late to class."

"Or, and hear me out," Axel closes my locker, "you can skip, for one day."

"I'm not skipping school," I say as the late bell rings, "great, now I'm officially late."

"So, just skip."

"You're a bad influence."

"You're the one who wanted a normal high school experience," Axel mocks me, "skipping class is normal."

"Aren't you trying to get better grades in your classes?"

"Yeah, but one day won't hurt... much."

I sit there and contemplate skipping my whole class. Part of me wants to go to class, while the other part of me is craving a little adventure. Ultimately, I decide to go with the second part of me.

"Fine," I say, "but just this once."

"Ok, come on," Axel pulls my hand.

We walk to the back of school and exit out of the doors. As we continue to walk further away from the building, I can't help but to feel little tingles where our hands are connected. Chalking it up to him holding my hand to tight, I ignore the sensations.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Just pass the equipment shed."

We continue to walk and soon we are pass the equipment shed. We walk a little farther and we soon are in a small field that's filled with flowers.

"It's beautiful," I say in awe.

"Yes it is," Axel says.

I turn towards him and notice that his eyes are on me. The tingling in my hand returns and I slowly remove my hand from his. As I do this, a look flashes across his face, but before I can decipher it, it's gone.

"Sorry, I think my hand was going numb," I shake my hand around.

"It's ok," Axel sits down on the ground, "we need to talk."

"Ok...," I sit down beside him, "what's up?"

"It's about the text last night."

"Oh that," I say, "I was practically asleep when I sent it. Don't pay it too much attention."

"Oh, ok," he turns away from me, "cool, well I guess that settles that."

"Yeah," I say and let silence fill the space around us.

We just sit in the beautiful field in silence, just enjoying each other's company. I look at my phone and see that first period is almost over. I slowly stand up, breaking the small trance we were in.

"I guess we better head back," Axel stands up.

"Yeah," I say.

Axel begins to walk and I slowly follow behind him, wishing that he held my hand like he did when we walked out here. Eventually we reach the school, and just in time. Everyone begins to pour out of their classrooms, heading to their next ones.

"See you later," Axel says.

"Ok, see you," I head off into the direction of my class.

As I walk through the halls, I can't help but to think about that quick flash of emotion that crossed Axel's face earlier. Trying my hardest to decipher what he felt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 118 23
Harmony's always been dedicated to her friends, putting their feelings before hers without any hesitation. But after a two week romance and some unex...
2.2K 132 19
"I was never meant to be that way. The way everyone wanted me to be. And it feels like you're the first person to understand that." - Trying to balan...
125K 2.3K 46
He was her warmth. She was his peace. Without each other, the world was set to chaos.
250 26 12
Axel and Alana have been, close friends since they were the age of eight. Unfortunately they had to separate, in their junior year of high school. A...