The Lily and The Sword (Conra...

By Lazy_Rain

After being sucked into an unknown world, Rina Shibuya, doing her best to protect her little brother comes to... More

The Beginning
First Impressions
The Unfair Duel/"I will become your Demon King!".
The Coronation/ Yuri The Demon King
The Pirate Attack
"It Bit Me!"/"What's wrong with a toothless dog?".
The Shrine Maiden, Ulrike/ The Attempted Kidnapping
The Kidnapping
The Great Escape
The Elopers and The Sand Bear
I See The Light
The Great One and Julia
Conrart's Arm
Shimaron/ "Do you want to kill Julia?!"
Günter vs. Conrad
Your Name is Demon King
For Our Bonds

Celi's Getting Married?!

166 6 2
By Lazy_Rain

I didn't think this day would come and esspecially in the presence of the spoilt Stoffel too. Yuri, the company and I stared up at a marble statue of Yuri in puffy pants pointing up to the future.
I couldn't help but burst into laughter as Yuri was freaking out over the statue.

"Haha, I never thought I'd see the day Yuri would be dressed like this let alone have a statue model of him, haha" I laughed hysterically, "what the hell was Stoffel thinking?".

"Rina, this isn't funny!" Yuri yelled annoyed.

I poked his forehead and smirked, "oh please, it's hilarious. I wish Shouri was here to laugh with me".

"Rina!".

It wasn't long before the devil himself appeared with Celi, arguing about who would talk to him first. At one point there was awkward silence, I just had to break it.

Siblings will be siblings, I've felt their pain hehe

"Celi, it's so wonderful to see you again. I've missed you!" I exclaimed happily, as I walked over to the blonde to give her a hug.

"Oh Rina, it's been forever!" She cried as she returned my embrace in kind, "how are my son's treating you?".

An image of Conrart flashed before my eyes causing me to flinch with a pink hue on my cheeks, "v-very well, Celi. They're just as kind and charming as you".

Celi looked at me with a confused expression, "Rina dear, are you alright?", she asked, "you're looking a little flushed".

I waved my hands in defense with a smile, "it's just feeling a little warmer than usual this morning. No need to worry".

Someone shuffled behind me, I assume to be Conrart, causing Celi to looked then turned her attention back at me.
She smirked then takes my hands, smiling, "later we must catch up, alright?".

I blinked twice as I looked at her almost scared of what she wanted to talk about specifically.
Later we sat and ate quietly, the tension was thicker than a fog between Stoffel and the rest of us. I admit I kind of felt like a mafioso eating with a rival gang, I was on the edge of my seat as I waited for someone to jump over the table and pull out their sword ready to attack. It was getting kind of hard to eat since the anxiety made my food tasteless.

What a waste of perfectly good food...

I sigh as I then looked to my left toward Celi and Raven, Celi looked completely smitten whereas Raven looked so uncomfortable. I had to admit I'd never seen Celi this happy, I hope she doesn't regret her decision.
Even if Raven looked about ready to jump out a window.
Kind of like the same nervous look dad has when he's around my mum, I suppose that's how you can tell when a man is in love.
The thought made me smile to myself as I continued to eat, then I noticed Conrart looking at me causing me to look over at him as he smiled at me, my cheeks showing off a pinkish red hue.

"Oh that's right" Celi said in realisation then turned to Yuri and I, "you two probably haven't met yet, this is Raven".
Yuri and I ended up laughing a little sheepishly, I didn't know how to react and nor did Yuri from the sound of it.

"We've already met" Yuri replied.

"Oh really?".

From her reaction it was clear that she heard nothing of the conflict between Us and Stoffel.
I held my breath as Celi stood up to leave with Raven following behind her, it was then that the other's began to talk.
I sighed again then continued eating my cake, I was neutral party to their plan when it came to breaking off the engagement between the two lovers.
Yuri saw my view but was more interested in the 'horrific' taste that Stoffel had when we all saw the giant painting of Yuri looking like a cover girl holding a lemon.
I giggled a little at Yuri as I continued to eat, the more they talked the more desperate they seemed as they all called a truss.
I sighed and stood up quick enough that it brought everyone's attention.

"Honestly, aren't you all being unfair!" I exclaimed, "instead of poking your noses in your mother's love life think about your own. Celi deserves to be happy like anyone else, doesn't she?".

"Rina...".

I turned to Conrart who looked surprised but sad, I just shook my head before tossing my napkin at Stoffel's face then leaving the room.
I went to go look for Celi, but instead heard Celi talking and she sounded so sad, so lonely.
I leant up against the wall as I listened to her talking to Raven.
I looked down sadly.

Raven isn't using Celi, it's the other way around... yet he let's her do as she pleases.

It's a cruel fate...

It's more bittersweet than cruel Julia, Raven truly is in love...

I quietly walked away from the pair and walked around the place, I stopped in front of a big window and looked outside, heaving a sigh.

"Love truly is blind, but I'm not one to talk" I said aloud, resting my hand on the glass, "things will be alright, no one needs to get involved".

"Rina".

I quickly looked up to see Conrart and we stared into each other's eyes before returning my attention to the preparations outside.

"I apologise for what happened before" Conrart suddenly said solemnly, "you're right, my mother does deserve to be happy above all else".

"You should, but still even if you choose to break them apart they will do that on their own. It's needless worry" I replied, not taking my eyes off the window.

"Oh, why is that?".

I gently moved my hand off the window pane and turned to Conrart as I held my hands together in front of me as if I lowered my hands in the middle of prayer, my eyes unwavering but sad.

"Because Raven is in love Conrart, even a blind man could see that. He will do whatever Celi wishes. Not to mention, Celi even admitted she was using him not long ago, but he still chose to stay with her".

Conrart looked at me wide eyed after listening to my explanation, I giggled awkwardly, "listen to me, I'm talking more native by the day, but anyway from what I know of Celi she will disappear and continue on her pursuit of free love. So your family has nothing to worry about".

Conrart looked down sadly which left me puzzled, "why do you look so sad?", I asked confused, "you should be jumping for joy, your mother is saved from getting her heart broken again".

"Because you're not happy".

I turned away from him sadly, "of course I'm not happy, love is precious and yet some more than others feel the need to squander it. I hope that never happens to me what is currently being done to Raven".

I felt a hand rest on my shoulder, I flinched and turned my head, "if it did, they would be a fool".

I turned my head to look in front of me and smiled Conrart is always so sweet to me... but then again I'm no one special to him.
I'm just his God son's sister and big sister to the demon king.
Not to mention Julia's blood...

I know you'll never say daughter, Rina...

I'm still not happy with you...

I turned to Conrart and stroked his cheek with my thumb, "you're sweet. It surprises me you haven't found a love of your own, Conrart".

"I've never found the time".

I gently grazed my thumb on the scar that cut through the side of his eyebrow causing him to flinch slightly, "You can't fool me Conrart, you were afraid once".

His eyebrow twitched at my response, "you're very bold to be saying that to an ex solider".

"I'm bolder than any man", I smiled, "cause they can't be bold for themselves".

"Are you teasing me?".

"I'd never, just giving you a little encouragement".

Later, we all gathered outside for the celebrations but it was too rich for my taste as Stoffel went on... and on... and on even more with his stupid speech. But we ignored him when Ryan ran over to us, he was summoned as part of the entertainment.
He didn't have to explain what the entertainment was as Keiji started burrowing out from the ground causing all sorts of trouble. So much trouble that a number of people were drawn into the hole Keiji left behind.
I can't remember what happened after that but I could hear voices and I could see a light.

I groaned and reached my hand out to the light, "where the hell am I?".

"Oh Rina, are you alright?", I felt someone take hold of my hand and help me out of the dirt to see Yuri and Conrart and that stupid brat, Stoffel.

I rubbed my head groggily, "I think so. What on earth happened?".

"Keiji started digging a whole causing us to fall in" Yuri explained.

I dusted the dirt off of my dress with a sigh, "I see, well he's still cute, I can't fault him".

"Cute?", Conrart repeated, crestfallen, "you sound like Gwendal".

"Well he would agree with me".

I rubbed my eyes a little and looked dead at Stoffel with disgust, "oh would you look at that, it's a pompous spoilt brat".

"How dare you!" The brat exclaimed in outrage.

Stoffel went on a rant as he tried to get me to apologise but I wasn't listening and I started pulling at his face, "I don't care who you are, I'm the Demon King's big sister, so that means I outrank you".

I proceeded to pull his ear as I started our way out of the caves, "Now shut up, we need to find a way out of this mess that you caused because you hired a sand bear tamer for entertainment!".

"Rina, calm down. I think Stoffel has learnt his lesson" Yuri said sheepishly as he followed behind me with Yuri.

It wasn't long before we found everyone and found a way out of the cave system, Celi was gone.
I sighed thinking about it as I took in the sweet, fresh air and looked up at the sky as I sat on a bench and contemplated my life and what it was leading up to.
When suddenly Raven came up to me, I looked up at him confused until he handed me a letter.

"Lady Celi wanted me to give this to you, she wished for only you to read this" he stated.

I took the letter, I looked down at it then thought of what the circumstances were before the sand bear incident, "I'm sorry you're not marrying her, it's clear you love her very much".

He looked at me sternly but appreciatively, "thank you Lady Rina".

He left and I started reading the letter:

'Dear Rina, I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer to chat but I'm returning to my journey to pursue free love'.

I looked crestfallen at the first sentence and tried not to give out a half hearted laugh, until I continued reading.

'It's alright to love, Conrart.
You both deserve to be happy and I couldn't imagine anyone better to love my son than you do, Rina. I've learnt in my life that life is far too fleeting to just let it pass you by and have no regrets, so I suggest that you make the first move'.

I laughed sheepishly.

'I can tell that Conrart loves you too, I've never seen him so caring towards anyone until you arrived in The Demon Kingdom. Take care, Rina and give my love to my sons. Celi'.

I looked over the letter again then looked up at the guys standing under the canopy but the pit. I noticed Conrart talking to Günter then suddenly looked at me, I quickly looked away.

Julia, what am I going to do?... I can't think of anyone else but him...

Love truly is a sight to behold...

Oh my God, I'm in love with Conrart...!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.8K 1.3K 23
"you were blue like water, and I couldn't wait to dive in." in where tables turn between two rivals, and water dries eyes. {complete}
21.3K 593 22
When you and Yuri were younger you were in pairs figure skating together but you could only go to Russia during winter break. One year you had to lea...
245K 5K 49
This book is being rewritten! This book is finished so no more requests. Every brother is included. I hope you enjoy~
217K 8K 38
You didn't want to live that sorcery life despite being the most powerful one-greater than Gojo. You preferred to live a normal life, so that's what...