Love Poem

Von larkspur_eira

A Jungkook x Ji Eun fanfiction Mehr

I. The Playboy and the Clumsy One
II. Twist of Fate
III. Not a Good Day
IV. Encounter
V. The First
VI. Where it all started
VII. Getting to know you more
IX. A Different Side
X. Just a friend?

VIII. Changes

295 26 7
Von larkspur_eira

Days are gone she's trapped in an island
A glimpse of hope in her ignites
Days are over when she hides in her shell
Slowly, carefully she's breaking out
Him who showed her the light
She who follows
Was it worth it? Was it right?
Who would know he's her knight?

Jieun felt her lips curled as she saw her notebook filled with ink while currently listening to the melody that suga made. Lately, it was easier for her to write lyrics without even going to the length of looking for some places to earn inspiration. Somehow her mind was more flexible than she thought.

"Thirsty?" Jieun looked up and saw jaehyun handing her a bottle of water. Feeling her throat dried she gladly accepts the item and drink a few.

"Mind if I sit ?" he asked as he signaled the empty space beside her on the floor. Her response was to move a bit as they both fit themselves in that one corner of the room.
Not minding much the busy people around , she resumed to play the melody for the nth time, her brows furrowed on concentration as she try to fill in the music with lines in her mind. Jaehyun looked at her with curiosity but decided not to interfer, not until he heard her sigh in frustration and removed the airpods.

"Guess you're having a hard time." Chugging down his own beverage, he tasted the satisfaction of drinking it cold. With confused look, jieun's gaze dropped to her side confirming it was her he's talking to.

"You know, writing lyrics.. it could be hard.." putting away the bottle. "I tried many times but I always end up stucked somewhere in between" he continued.

As a lyricist herself, jieun felt jaehyun's frustration. She knows how upsetting it is to write lyrics which you couldn't finish halfway. "It is at some point ".Pondering a little while to initiate conversation, jieun decided to talk more. "I heard you participated in composing your song. It was pretty good ,I listened to the final draft a while ago."she added.

Jaehyun chuckled "Wow, that was pretty reassuring to hear coming from you, besides I barely helped, zico did all the work as usual".

"But still you participated." Jieun insisted.

Scratching his head, jaehyun shyly smiled at her compliment "Well yeah you can say that, Thanks." 

"How about nancy's solo?" he asked in return.

"As you can see , I'm revising some lines. Nancy was not so fond of the first few ones"

"I see" jaehyun hesitated to say something. Nancy was purposedly making her suffer as usual but nobody dared to confront since she's an asset of the club.

They were having a few more conversation about the progress of their rehearsals when Nayeon rushed herself to join the two.

"Unnie!" she called out. "We're in trouble."

Her features alarmed both jaehyun and jieun. They exchanged looks of confusion as Nayeon settle herself down in front of them. She inhaled deep before spilling the news.

"The chairman of the club called Pres a while ago." pausing for a while, she observed their reaction. " They wanted the final draft today both for the band and the solo act."

Jieun's muscles relaxed, she thought it would be worse than the news itself. Lightly tapping nayeon's shoulder. "There's no need to worry for that, I'm almost done with the lyrics, the melody was already done by suga, nancy can record it after I revised some lines." she reassured.

"That's the problem unnie, nancy was nowhere to be found. We can't reach her phone." Nayeon explained.

"We can wait for her , the day's still long"

"No , we can't" Their eyes seek for the owner of the voice when they saw Baekhyun having the same anxious features displayed by Nayeon a while ago.

"He wants the draft before noon ,we need to record it now."

Uneasiness started to crawl on their senses, the sudden news was nowhere expected. The chairman was never the type to check on their work, but doing so means it's an important matter for him.

"I don't know why suddenly the chairman decided to meddle in but I'm pretty sure it was somehow related to LOEN entertainment guesting for the event." Mark interrupted, putting his instrument away.

"What's with LOEN and the chairman?" Nayeon asked.

"They're one of the major investors of the school and their investment were mostly focus to music and arts related courses like ours." Baekhyun explained.

"Attending the event means they were here to seek potential trainees, being the chairman of this club it's Mr. Kim's pride to present nothing but the best." he added.

Everyone were too lost to react when jaehyun butt in.

"Jieun can do it"

Standing from where he sat , he made his way to baekhyun who's now standing in front of them.

"Besides, apart from suga and nancy she's the only one who's familiar with the melody." Jaehyun continued.

"Wait you gotta be kidding me.." hurriedly standing on her legs , jieun followed the two.

"I'm not a singer" she explained.

Baekhyun's thought was a mess but he knows Jaehyun has a point, other than the two, jieun was the only one who heard the song, besides it would be weird to have suga to record since he's a rapper.

"Jieun , you're our only last hope. It'll take longer if we choose those who aren't familiar with it. You don't have to be too good, just sing it the way you knew"

"But..."

"Jieun please?" Baekhyun pleaded.

There was a lot of things inside her head, her mind screams no ,but her consciense was saying other wise. They were waiting for her answer, it was evident that they only wanted one. Not wanting to spend much on thinking. She collected herself to speak.

"Okay I'll do it."

——————-
School is life was never jungkook's mantra. However it has been weeks that the guy never missed a class. It wonders his friends how jungkook has changed into someone they never thought he would become especially when he always insisted on going into Mr. Tan's class, one of the most boring classes they've ever been. Not to mention the strictest among all.

"Geez ,can we just skip this one?" Taehyung complained as he looks at jimin on the other side for support. They were walking in the hallway with jungkook in the middle who's slightly ahead of them. Clearing his throat, jimin attempted to speak in behalf of his other friend.

" If you're gonna ask me if I'm going to skip , you know it's a NO" jungkook cut off.

"Nah ,told you he won't " The blonde told tae which made the latter rolled his eyes.

"What's with this Mr. Tan anyway , you seem to love his class so much" taehyung asked him feeling the need to do so.

"You know I like numbers and solving" jungkook reasoned out making the two laugh in mock.

"Now I'm really curious what's in this fucking subject that suddenly made you love numbers in fucking literature." Jimin remarked.

Now he's busted.

Being friends with jieun is somewhat unexpected and for whatever reason jungkook respected the fact she doesn't want others to know they were friends. She never mentioned anything about it but felt like it when she refused to talk to him when there's a lot of people around.Besides he's been sending her home pretty often and hang-out at times outside school which made him knew her quite well when she's uncomfortable or not.

Not wanting to drop the alibi, he tried to push his luck by reasoning out. "There were dates in literature too"

"You know you're not making any sense right?" Taehyung replied.

Upon reaching their classroom, instantly his eyes roamed around, looking for a familiar figure. Walking towards his table, he found her seat empty. Settling down on his chair, he reached for his pocket to get his phone. Scrolling thru his contact list he decided to text her.

To Jieunnie:

Jk: Hey! You coming to class?
9:40 AM

He waited for her reply only his message to be left unread. A few more minutes and the teacher would arrive soon. Jieun was not the type to be late at school, he thought to himself.
Checking his phone once again, he sent her another message.

To Jieunnie:

Jk: Hey! you coming to class?
9:40 AM

Jk: Are you busy?
9:45 AM

Jk: Jieunnie?
9:48 AM

Jk: Hey, are you okay?
9:52 AM

"Ohhh, is that your new girl" taehyung teased as he tried to peek on the name on jungkook's phone.

"None of your business"

Putting down his phone with the screen against the table's surface, jungkook tried to busy himself by getting his book out from his bag when he heard some guys talking.

Guy 1: "Is jieun absent?"

Guy 2: "Maybe , I heard the music club has been busy with rehearsals , maybe she got excused for this class"

Guy 3: "too bad , I wanted to borrow her notes"

Guy 1: "Was it really the notes though?" 

Smiling timidly, the next words from the guy made jungkook's sense of hearing sharpened.

Guy 3: " okay fine , she's my type"

Guy 1: she got some pretty legs bro.

Guy 2: and pretty ass too.

The group started to tease their friend at the back of jungkook. But it wasn't too long since he shoot them daggers cueing them to shut up. The comments about her made his blood boiled. Jieun was starting to get noticed by some nasty guys without her even knowing. It was starting to bother him. After all she's his friend.

Realizing the class would start too soon, an idea popped out of his mind.

"Hey tae, do you still want to skip this fucking class?"

stunned momentarily from his seat , taehyung's reaction quickly shifted from a surprise one to an evil smirk.

"Hell yeah!"  he shouted.
.
———————————
Inside the studio, jieun could feel her knees wobbled as she keeps on walking back and forth. It has been 20 minutes since they sent the final draft to the chairman's office and till then they never heard any feedback from him.
She recorded the song an hour ago with the help of suga himself. It was a good thing that the guy is a private person so no one dared to enter his studio without his permission. At least that made her comfortable to sing .

However, jieun's pessimistic side started to act as time goes by.What if he doesn't like it? What if they fail his standard?

"Jieun, you are going to make me dizzy" suga said. He was sitting on the mini sofa inside his studio. Regardless of the calm aura he manifests, his foot taps the floor nonstop telling her that he was also dying to know the feedback.

"Ow. I'm sorry" realizing her actions, she calmed herself and sat down on the other side of the sofa.

"Do you think , he'll like what we did?" voice filled with worry.

Suga sighed. Getting approved was always been so nerve-wracking.

"I hope so..."

"Besides, we did our best." He added

Right. Jieun thought to herself, hearing those words made her feel a little less anxious. They really did do their best. She even freaking sing for the first time for others to hear. It's not like she isn't a good singer though, she's really good at it to be honest, she just doesn't know.

"Regardless of the result, I must say you have a pretty good voice jieun" suga continued.

"I don't know , you must be telling me that right now to make me feel better" she replied

Suga chuckled lightly "Now I get what they're saying."

"Huh?" Jieun asked in confusion.

"You changed" he remarked. " you're getting talkative in a good way"

Jieun felt her lips curled, she realized she really do become more talkative lately. She smiled a lot too. Jungkook's talkativeness was really rubbing on her. Her thoughts were interrupted when baekhyun stormed the studio.

"Guys..."

With much anticipation. Both look at him with hopeful yet worried eyes.

Slowly grinning, he dropped the news.

"We made it.."

So yup, after a month I finally updated the story 😅 so sorry for the delays . I hope you guys enjoy the new chap! To all UAENA x ARMY please do not forget to stream butter and lilac 💕

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

52 17 16
Jhope fanfiction
35.7K 1.4K 17
A Tale of arrange marriage
41.3K 2.1K 28
a sookook fanfiction where in jungkook and jisoo fell in love with each other while they are both siblings. Started at: 22nd October 2020 Ended at...
4.5K 180 18
A BTS Fanfiction