Together in Berlin

By DarknessAndLight

Her hand in his, he was home... Cole and Beth have known and loved each other for all their lives. During hi... More

What is this?
Chapter 1 - Cole's POV
Chapter 2 - Beth's POV
Chapter 3 - Cole's POV
Chapter 4 - Beth's POV
Chapter 5 - Cole's POV
Chapter 6 - Beth's POV
Chapter 7 - Cole's POV
Chapter 8 - Beth's POV
Chapter 9 - Cole's POV
Chapter 10 - Beth's POV
Chapter 12 - Beth's POV
Chapter 13 - Cole's POV
Chapter 14 - Beth's POV
Chapter 15 - Cole's POV
Chapter 16 - Beth's POV
Chapter 17 - Cole's POV
Chapter 18 - Beth's POV
Chapter 19 - Cole's POV
Chapter 20 - Beth's POV

Chapter 11 - Cole's POV

4.6K 401 67
By DarknessAndLight

Chapter 11 – Cole's POV

My head was pounding. It was also spinning.

I should be opening my eyes. I should be moving. But it felt like if I moved even an inch I would barf.

God, I was not a good drinker.

I really shouldn't have caved in to the peer pressure yesterday.

I kinda wanted to punch myself, but it already felt like someone had punched my head, so I guess I was already suffering the punishment.

I hadn't drunk enough to have blacked out though, and forgotten parts of my night, so I knew exactly where I was right now.

I also clearly remembered what I had done last night, and kind of felt like an idiot.

I should be making out with Beth when I was sober, not when I was a drunk mess.

I was alone in her bed now. I had no idea what time it was. Maybe Beth had already gone to school.

I took a deep breath, trying to psych myself up, and find the strength to kept out of bed without being sick.

That was all I really wanted, to keep the little dignity I had left and not be sick.

I turned on my back and I had to press my hands on my face to try to stop the spinning. I actually poke a leg out of the bed and put my foot on the floor, and that helped a bit.

"Is Sleeping Beauty waking up from her slumber?" Beth asked, and I cracked an eye open to see her standing by the door.

I made a pained sound. She laughed.

"I don't think I like your friends anymore Beth. I'm never going out with them again," I whined.

She chuckled while I closed my eye again. "I'll protect you next time. I won't let you drink that much. I'd kind of forgotten how much of a lightweight you are," she said.

I scoffed. "You'd forgotten? I'm hurt."

"Don't pout you little drunk," Beth laughed.

I chuckled a little, my eyes still closed, my foot still on the ground to stop the spinning. "I'm sorry about yesterday... when we got back..."

"It's okay, it's not the first time Drunk-Cole's made a pass at me," she said, and I could hear the smile in her voice. I also, once again felt like an idiot. "Whenever we drink you end up flirty and tipsy in like three seconds in a half."

"Hey don't make fun of me, I have no control over how my body processes alcohol."

"Drink more, that ought to build your tolerance."

"Paaaaaaaaain," I just said, ignoring her remark and making her laugh. "But, honestly, sorry," I repeated.

I remembered clearly being kissed back last night, but I also knew drunk people shouldn't be making any decisions when it came to making out.

"Don't apologize. It was a good kiss. Good kisses," she replied softly.

In different circumstances, this admission would have probably made me blush a little. Right now, I was just very untimely hit by a wave a nausea.

"Oh, I'm gonna be sick," I whined, hiding my face in one of Beth's pillow.

Beth gasped, feigning being offended. "What? Because I mentioned our kissing?"

"Stop making fun of me," I whined again.

Beth walked up to me and stroked my back. The physical contact was actually kind of comforting, and slightly grounding. My head spun a little less. "Don't worry, I'll take care of you if you get sick," she assured me.

I grinned against her pillow. "I'm in favor of the idea of having you play nurse."

"Idiot."

I didn't trust myself completely, so I sat up and after a few seconds of slow breathing, headed to the bathroom. If I was going to get sick, I was going to do it in the toilet, like a semi functional adult.

I sat down in front of her toilet, while Beth followed me. The cool tiles on the floor helped a little with the nausea.

"Here, drink some water, and take these," she said handing me a glass and pills, probably to help with the pounding headache I had.

I took the pills and drank the water obediently.

"If I start puking, will you hold my hair?" I asked her, lying on the ground of her bathroom.

She laughed, leaning her hip against her sink, smiling down at me. "I doubt your hair is long enough to need holding."

"Please, have you seen the puff? It has exponentially grown," I said, running my hand through my hair and making it stick out.

Beth just rolled her eyes at me. "The puff's fine Cole."

"Ugh, I wish I could just puked already so I can move on," I said.

I hated feeling like this. This was why I barely ever drank alcohol in college and was always the one taking care of Jayden. I did not like this feeling.

Beth took the glass from my hands and filled it with water again. "Here, drink more and stop whining," she ordered me. I complied. "I have a class in half an hour, will you be okay on your own?" she added.

"Yeah, I'll go back to sleep," I answered.

And that way, if I was actually sick she wouldn't see me, and I could keep part of my dignity.

"Try eating something light too," she added, her voice caring.

"Okay," I smiled at her.

"And if you're feeling a little better when I get back, we could go to a park to have picnic."

"And be under the blinding sun?" I asked her, incredulous.

Beth chuckled. "I'll sit us under a tree, you drama queen."

I liked the idea of a picnic. Hopefully I would feel less like human trash when she would come back. "Alright. When are you going to be back?" I asked, wondering how much time I had to pull myself together.

"In about three hours."

"Hopefully I'm better by then."

"Well, the pills will have kicked in if you don't puke them out, so that should help."

I narrowed my eyes at her cheeky smile. "Why do you look like you find this amusing."

"It's just hilarious to me that you're this sick after just a few beers. You really are such a light weight," she said, chuckling.

I started to kick my leg up in her direction, like I was trying to kick her, "Out, get out, I shall not be made fun of like this."

Beth just laughed at me tantrum. "Call me if you need anything."

"I will," I called after her.

I stayed on the bathroom floor for another good forty five minutes, until my head didn't feel like it was going to explode anymore, and I felt less queasy.

I kinda wanted to punch myself for drinking too much and being sick. I was wasting time I had with Beth. I didn't want to feel like crap during the few days I was here. I just wanted to enjoy Beth's company, and spend as much time as I could with her.

I headed the kitchen and ate some fruits and a frozen waffle I toasted.

I felt a little better, a little less like a mess. You felt a very weird specific way when you were hungry and hungover. It was a special kind of uncomfortable.

I crawled back to Beth's bed, once I was done eating.

I checked my phone.

Jayden had texted me.

How's work going? Are you going to be free this weekend? He asked me.

This was dangerous. Jayden sometimes dropped unannounced at my place. He couldn't know I wasn't in New York right now. I had to make sure he wasn't going to come and see me.

I've actually picked a tent in my office and I'm not leaving until I've gone through all the documents I need to go through. I shall be radio silent. Don't try to distract me with your beauty. I replied.

Get ready to be sent a lot of dick pics. he replied, but I ignored him.

Instead, I snuggled in Beth's bed, realizing that I had spent most of my time in Berlin here so far.

Honestly, I wasn't exactly complaining about this. 

__________________

Happy Tuesday my little Pumpkins!

Thanks for coming back this week too. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Remember, drinking is bad. ;P

And also, I enjoy making you guys wait. mouhahaha And I like Beth when she's teasing and in charge. I like this older Beth who's more sure of herself. She was fun to write in this story.

Well, I shall leave you now. 

See you all tomorrow! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 9.3K 72
Celestia wants to leave her home and get as far away as possible from her alcoholic mother. When she stumbles into a drunk man and helps him home, wh...
9 0 1
He makes her heart race with one touch, her body weak with one look, but is he safe. Is love making her blind? Alone on a street, late in the night...
172 6 7
Mayas flight to London got delayed for 24 hours. stuck at the airport in Germany and With most of the hotels booked her only option was to either sta...
1.7K 22 18
What happens when Y/n from Europe goes on vacation in Boston? A very ordinary holiday becomes a journey full of new feelings, friendships and love.