The Tinker

By PollyPenName

Bakugou needs some new gear. Lucky for him, a new engineer has made her way to UA-- but God, does she push hi... More

Chapter 1 - New Girl
Chapter 2 - Smash
Chapter 3 - Breaking Point
Chapter 4 - Flashbang
Chapter 5 - Overnight
Chapter 6 - Tea
Chapter 7 - Mini Might
Chapter 8 - Cooked
Chapter 9 - First Aid
Chapter 10 - Measurements
Chapter 11 - Expectations
Chapter 12 - High Dive
Chapter 13 - Pancake Batter
Chapter 14 - Joyride
Chapter 15 - Jealousy
Chapter 16 - Gossip
Chapter 17 - Seven Minutes
Chapter 18 - Babybird
Chapter 19 - Patrol
Chapter 20 - The Full Story
Chapter 21 - Practical Arrangement
Chapter 22 - Networking
Chapter 23 - Self Control
Chapter 24 - Measurements II
Chapter 25 - Fairy Godmother
Chapter 26 - The Event Part I
Chapter 27 - The Event Part II
Chapter 28 - Drunk Lips
Chapter 29 - Regrets and Hangovers
Chapter 30 - Sex Talk
Chapter 31 - Ugly Photos
Chapter 32 - Roadtrip
Chapter 33 - Nightmares
Chapter 34 - Sunscreen
Chapter 35 - The Plan
Chapter 36 - Gunshot
Chapter 37 - The Little One
Chapter 38 - Whirlwind
Chapter 39 - She's Busy
Chapter 40 - Confrontation
Chapter 41 - Date with Red
Chapter 42 - Patrol II
Chapter 43 - The Onsen
Chapter 44 - Stickers & Self Care
Chapter 45 - Burning Up Part I
Chapter 46 - Burning Up Part II
Chapter 47 - The Morning After
Chapter 48 - Departure
Chapter 49 - Curiosity
Chapter 50 - The Photo
Chapter 51 - Static
Chapter 52 - First Aid II
Chapter 53 - Couch Crashing
Chapter 54 - Wet Dreams
Chapter 55 - Touch
Chapter 56 - Boyfriend
Chapter 57 - Voicemail
Chapter 58 - New Years Part I
Chapter 59 - Family Breakfast
Chapter 61 - New Years Part III
Chapter 62 - New Years Part IV
Chapter 63 - New Years Part V
Chapter 64 - Family Dinner Part I
Chapter 65 - Family Dinner Part II
Chapter 66 - Family Dinner Part III
Chapter 67 - Girl Talk / Guy Talk
Chapter 68 - Surprise!
Chapter 69 - Birthday Girl
Chapter 70 - Heaven & Head
Chapter 71 - Minecraft [Extra 1]
Chapter 72 - Formalities
Chapter 73 - Lover's Quarrel
Chapter 74 - Broken Glass
Chapter 75 - Nothingness
Chapter 76 - Outgoing Call
Chapter 77 - Intervention
Chapter 78 - Man to Man
Chapter 79 - Secret Plans
Chapter 80 - Go Time
Chapter 81 - Rescue
Chapter 82 - Reunion
Chapter 83 - Crossroads
Chapter 84 - Secrets
Chapter 85 - Bad Timing
Chapter 86 - About Time
Chapter 87 - Down Payment
Chapter 88 - Be Gentle
Chapter 89 - Suburban Morning
Chapter 90 - Boarding
Chapter 91- Love Potion 13
Chapter 92 - Insatiable
Chapter 93 - Commute
Chapter 94 - Big Bad Wolf
Chapter 95 - Does Anybody?
Chapter 96 - Gratitude
Chapter 97 - Peter
Chapter 98 - Helping Out
Chapter 99 - Washing Up
Chapter 100 - Loose Ends
Chapter 101 - Happy Endings

Chapter 60 - New Years Part II

56K 2K 3.7K
By PollyPenName

__________________

CONTENT WARNING: Alcohol consumption

The video above is recommended music for the chapter but not necessary. Any party / dancing music will do, so have fun with it. ;)

__________________

"You're seriously not gonna dance with your girlfriend? That's cold," Sero accused, shaking his head at Bakugou.

"Fuck off," Bakugou retorted. "You know I don't do that shit."

The room was dim and the lights were far too strobe-like and colorful for Bakugou's liking. It was disorienting and made him feel nauseous. Why did people like parties? This was horrible.

Bakugou was sitting at a corner table with Sero who was trying to keep together a tipsy Mina. Bakugou had his arms crossed as he slumped down further into the chair, sulking. He still hadn't had any time alone with her to ask her over for dinner-- plus, he was embarrassingly nervous to bring it up. What if she didn't want to meet his parents? It had only been four days.

"Every potential hookup here is the worst," Mina whined. "They're all such pretentious assholes. I wanted to get laid feeling classy tonight. I just feel like shit."

Sero sighed. "Men ain't shit, Mina. You can do better than those sleazebags." He paused, looking her in the eye. "You deserve better than that."

Bakugou watched as Sero and Mina stared at each other, feeling very out of the loop at the strange energy that filled the room. The hell was going on with them?

The awkwardness was a bit much and he got up to get a drink of water, glancing at Y/N on his way over to the refreshments table as music blasted through the room. He was never a fan of music like this-- too disorderly. The lyrics were garbage, too. He scoffed as he poured himself a plastic cup of water and stared at Whirlwind on the dancefloor.

Y/N wasn't a professional dancer by any means, but she didn't seem to care. Her confidence more than made up for it. Once she made eye contact with Bakugou, she waved him over as she danced. He shook his adamantly. 

No way, He mouthed.

She gave him a dramatic pout and puppy dog eyes that almost made him fold, but someone bumped into her and she seemed to get lost in the music again as she whipped her hair around. She was too cute for her own good.

He hid a smirk as he guzzled down his water and crushed the cup for the garbage. 

"Bakubro!" Kirishima cackled. The red haired boy put almost all of his weight onto Bakugou's shoulder with his arm, his other hand holding a paper bag that was obviously hiding alcohol. "Y'know, I didn't think you'd show. I'm glad you did though." He seemed to catch on that Bakugou wasn't listening and snickered. "Go dance with her."

Bakugou snapped his attention to his friend with a glare. "Fuck no." 

"What, you nervous? It's not hard, man, you just gotta move your hips." Kirishima raised his hands and gyrated his torso, bumping into an annoyed Bakugou as he did so. "Go grind on your girl before someone else does."

"No one is gonna grind on her," Bakugou grumbled, rolling his eyes.

"Well... I wouldn't be so sure," Kirishima laughed. He pointed towards the dance floor at the scene that was unfolding. 

Kaminari, dressed to the nines and slicking his hair back with determination, was strutting over to an unsuspecting Y/N with a devilish look in his eye. Once he reached her, he started dancing with her wholeheartedly as Y/N laughed at his enthusiasm. Soon the two of them were in perfect sync and having a total blast as the music lead them on.

Bakugou's eye twitched.

"Dude, just go cut in. Kaminari will back down so fast," Kirishima offered.

"I don't..." He crossed his arms again in frustration. "I fucking--" He clenched his fists, forcing himself to say the words. "I don't fucking know how to dance, Shitty Hair."

Kirishima didn't judge him. He never had and he never would. He only put his hand on his friend's shoulder and the other on his own chest. "Listen, bro. Dancing isn't a specific set of moves. Does it look like Y/N cares what she's doing?"

Kirishima had a point.

"Whatever, but it... like..." Bakugou started. "It feels too much."

The words he said didn't make sense, but somehow Kirishima understood. "Listen, I know you don't drink, but... maybe try it. Just tonight. The reason people like it is cause it gets rid of that 'too much' feeling." He offered the paper bag to Bakugou. "You wanna try?"

Bakugou hesitated a moment before snatching the poorly concealed bottle and tipping it into his mouth.

It burned almost immediately-- it tasted like piss and fire mixed together and he had to fight back the urge to hurl as he gulped and gulped and gulped. He took several swigs before Kirishima pulled it back. "Woah woah woah, slow down there!" He cried. "You're gonna make yourself sick. You gotta pace yourself, bro."

Bakugou's throat screamed at him for relief and he held back a cough. The grimace on his face probably looked ridiculous, but he couldn't exactly stop it. It was absolutely vile. "That shit is fucking disgusting," He choked out, leaning over as he tried to gain his bearings.

"Yeah, I should've warned you. Didn't think you'd go in that hard, but I guess I should've expected that," Kirishima chuckled. "You might need a chaser. Want me to grab you a lemon or--"

"Fuck that. I'm fine," Bakugou lied, sitting up straight and taking a deep breath, letting the air cool down his throat. After a few minutes, he could feel that burning sensation creep down into his stomach and start spreading through his body. He felt warm-- slightly softer, like he was floating... but being weighed down at the same time. 

"You good?" Kirishima asked. 

Bakugou nodded. He did feel good. The music around him didn't feel so overwhelming anymore; now it felt like it was drawing him in. The world around him felt muted and easy. What had he been so nervous about?

He turned at looked at Kirishima who was giving him a shit eating grin. "You having fun?"

"Yes," Bakugou said shortly. He leaned back and forth on his feet a bit, still trying to adjust to the new sensation. He shook his head and took another gulp of air. It was fun. The tingling in his fingers felt nice, too. Another few minutes passed before he said, "Y/N. I anna see Y/N." 

Kirishima was a bit worried now. Bakugou had consumed a lot of alcohol very quickly-- and he had absolutely no idea what kind of person Bakugou was when he was tipsy. Guess he was about to find out.

Bakugou took off the vest that he was wearing and unbuttoned the top few buttons of the red shirt underneath, letting the cool air hit his chest. He felt too warm. He rolled up the sleeves and pushed back his hair to let that abusive heat wash away.

Sero whistled. "Woah, Bakugou! You gonna get out there?"

Part of him knew that Sero was making fun of him, but honestly, he didn't really care for once.

Bakugou was going to respond, but then his eyes landed on Y/N. She was amidst the crowd of people, but he could've found her anywhere, really. She radiated a beauty that called out to him and the alcohol seemed to enhance it. Seeing her body move (mostly) in time with the beat was doing things to his tipsy brain that he couldn't process.

Bakugou didn't have control and he was actually enjoying it. He didn't feel like he needed it.

Once he reached Y/N, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards him. Her eyes snapped to his and her jaw dropped when she saw his new attire. "Woah, what happened to your shirt, dude? I mean, I'm not complaining, but--"

Bakugou interrupted her with a kiss. He couldn't help himself. It wasn't his fault, really-- she just looked so delicious in that little dress of hers with her face red and hair messy from dancing. He couldn't believe that she was his. 

He pulled away from her with hungry eyes. Y/N looked completely flabbergasted and he loved it. He loved making her like this. If they hadn't been in the middle of a crowd of strangers, he would've lifted up that sweet little dress and bent her over that refreshment table and--

"Are you drunk?" She asked, pulling him from the delectable daydream.

"Maybe a lil bit. What's it to you?"

She laughed. "You taste like booze. I thought you didn't drink."

He glared at her. "Fuck off."

"Hey, if it means I get you to dance with me then I'm not complaining," She shrugged. "Is that what you're here for?" Without waiting for a response, she grabbed his hands and began guiding him.

He had no idea what the fuck he was doing. She smiled at him, a silent encouragement that he didn't realize he craved, and everything was a blur.

Bakugou let it happen, even thought a part of him knew he looked ridiculous. He could almost hear Kirishima and Denki laughing about it in the corner but his inhibitions were out the fucking window. All he could think about was how he wanted to be closer to her. It was an easy fix-- without even thinking twice he put his hands on her hips and pulled her in. Her arms instinctively wrapped around his neck as she swayed. He felt more drunk on her than on the alcohol.

"Pretty," He mumbled. "I like your dress."

"You do?" Y/N asked, a hint of teasing in her voice. "I could get used to tipsy Bakugou. The compliments are nice. And the dancing is fucking hilarious."

He didn't really process what she said, he only watched how perfectly her lips moved when she talked. Damn. It was hard not to think about what that mouth had done to him only a few days ago. The pleasure she had given him. He shivered at the memory.

Holding her against him was doing all sorts of things to his body. The heat wasn't so oppressive anymore-- it was just drawing him in.

"How much did you drink?" Y/N asked. There was suspicion in her voice that was killing the mood.

"Why does it matter?"

"Because there are things I wanna do to you, but I don't know if you're conscious enough."

Bakugou felt a giant rush of adrenaline and lust course through his body. It wasn't just a desire now, it was a craving. A need. How did she always know what to say to make him like this?

The small world around them that had been created shattered when someone grabbed Y/N's shoulder and turned her away from him. He snapped up to glare at whoever it was and suddenly felt much more sober when the realization set in. A paparazzi.

The man was shorter than both of them and holding up a camera that seemed like it was going to fall over. He had a calm look on his face as he asked his next question:

"Tell us, does Inasa know that you're whoring around at parties?"

Without thinking twice, Bakugou grabbed the man's shirt collar and punched him square in the face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.1K 1.4K 46
Bakugo x black! Fem Reader!! 18+ They're aged up 17-18 there is no smut but there is topic of the sort
42.2K 748 35
Y/n is a young girl. but she was different from the others since she had to overcome her trauma but with the help of her father Shota, she was able t...
459K 9.3K 57
A chaotic love story between an independent girl and an independent boy who decided to spend their lives together. "You eat that shit?" Bakugo asks l...
37.2K 1.5K 26
As UA's sports festival begins, it's now time for Saeki Atsuhi to face off against her classmates and show everyone that she can win. But as Bakugo a...