AISLIN | I

By WriterMickeyC

❝You are just a WOMAN. You can't fight in this war, you're weak. It will chew you up and spit you out, you ca... More

A I S L I N
W A R R I O R S
♕ PART I ♕
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
♕ PART 2 ♕
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
♕ PART 3 ♕
CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO
CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR
CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE
CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX
CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE
CHAPTER SEVENTY
Postliminaries | Author's Note

CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT

704 26 16
By WriterMickeyC

Chapter Sixy-Seven Recap:  Divya introduced herself to the syndicate and members of the Kavan Gaurd. She revealed that Aislin was in fact a prisoner underneath the castle. Now all of them are on their way to save her

___

DEJA VU WASHED over me as we retraced our steps through the depths of the palace. It had felt like I walked those passages more in the last 24 hours than I had in all my years serving in the Kavan Guard.

I saw Arius slowly working his way through the ranks to get closer to our guide. I could scarcely distinguish his whispers as they echoed through the tension around us. I presume he was making sure Divya was okay. He had been on the receiving end of Kingsley's temper many times through our travels. He could offer Divya a source of comfort and understanding.

We had once again reached the blocked doorway. I felt myself take a deep breath as I crossed the threshold into the forgotten innards of the palace. All this time we had spent gathering resources and searching for clues and she was under our feet the entire time. The more I thought about it the more desperate I could feel myself getting. Desperate to reach her, to have her in my arms again.

Desperation turned to rage as my mind continued to whirl. The King must have been kept in the same place. The dungeon we found him in must have been a decoy. There was no evidence that anyone had spent any time there recently and the instruments of torture kept there were covered in years of dust and rust from lack of use.

How could I have missed the obvious signs?

I've been trained by the most elite to recognize the obvious signs of deception in situations like these. How could I have been so blind? So naive? She slipped through my fingers due to my weak mind.

I wonder if she blames me as I blame myself.

I let my mind weaken in my time here as Commander of this army. My skills weren't needed. Assassins work alone whereas armies work together. There was only so much I could do alone as Commander, the rest of my army had my back.

Was I letting them down as well?

We entered the dungeon through the hidden passageway Kingsley and I had previously found and I felt my heart beat faster. Aislin was so close to us this whole time and now we finally were going to set her free.

As we all walked deeper and deeper into the belly of the Kavan Castle, the lighting around us quickly creased and was replaced by the faint glow from the few lanterns we carried. The dust began to arise at the disruption of its calm state from all our movement. A sudden tension swept over Divya and it was evident in her shoulders and the quick shallowness in her breathing.

Arius was quick to come to her aid, "Are you alright?"

She quickly looked back at him and curtly said, "Yes I am fine." Arius seemed out of place at her very blunt response and seemed to retract into himself. Upon noticing his sudden change in attitude, Divya sighed. "I did not mean to harm you with my tone, sir. I apologize. Today was the first day I left the dungeon and been outside on my own in years, and now that we come back I'm eerily aware of the hold these very walls have had on me most of my life."

A beat of silence passed. "My name is Arius." He said. She tilted her head in question. "You called me sir. Such formalities aren't needed. My name is Arius." Even in the pitch dark, the blush on both their faces was evident.

"Well Arius, I appreciate the attentiveness towards my state of mind. I will be okay once we find Aislin and get out of here. I'm sure that's the same feeling for everyone else with us here."

He nodded, "Yes I agree. Maybe when this is all over we can help you find your family. I'm sure they'd love to see you again."

Divya slowed her pace till she came to a stop, Arius stopping with her. The rest of the group continued moving forward past them and Kingsley and I led.

"You would do that for me?" she asked. Her eyes were wide with the purest form of relief and confusion I had seen in a long time. Emotions just seemed to melt and puddle in her eyes.

He nodded, "Of course. No one should be treated as you have, especially someone as beautiful as you. Your family is probably worried sick. I'll do everything I can to get you back home, and I'm sure once we get her, Aislin will help too."

Diyva seemed at a loss for words so Arius filled the silence once again. "Come," he said gesturing forward with his hand, "Let's rejoin the others and find her." She nodded and the both of them continued on their way. As they joined us once again, we had reached the room Kingsley and I had found Diyva in.

"We are here," Kingsley said, walking forward and picking up the white headdress Divya had left behind in her escape.

All heads turned to Divya. "Lead the way," I said.

She began to walk forward and down the same hallway, she had escaped from us the first time. "Walk slow and behind me at all times, and don't step on the black titles."

"Why can't we step on the black tiles?" Willow asked as he stepped on one accidentally. The sound of gears echoed and rumbled within the floor.

"Everyone off the black tiles!" Divya yelled. As quickly as we all could, we made sure none of us were stepping on the black tiles and I watched as several 3-foot spikes lifted swiftly out of each large black tile on the floor. They disappeared as quickly as they came.

August let out a squeal of fear as the spikes were only inches from his face. He turned around to look at Willow, "You have to stop doing that! First the red string and now this? Did Aislin ever teach you to keep your hands to yourself?"

Willow's face was in a semi-permanent state of fear, and it seemed like he died a little inside.

"Is everyone okay?" Méabh called out from her spot in the back of the line. A chorus of yes's was called out in return. A breath of relief escaped my lips.

"The dungeons were made to keep people in. Though those are the only traps that still work." Divya said. She started to walk again as we continued to follow her.

These underground passages were long, dark, and dusty. We were walking through a maze of sorts and the dungeon seemed to be tearing itself apart. Random wood beams collapsed in the middle of the hallways, splintered into pieces. Fabric from the country's flag that was put under here was torn from the walls and ripped to shreds by what I could only assume were rodents.

Divya came to a stop in the middle of a large circular opening. The entire group filtered in but was left disappointed. We had reached a dead end. Before anyone had the time to express the obvious disappointment or anger they felt inside, Divya walked forward toward the stone wall and pushed against it with all her might. A door morphed from the stone wall and began to groan as it was opened. What was left in its wake was a dark hole with the beginning of a staircase. Divya turned towards us, "She's in here."

A jolt of sudden urgency filled us all and we made our way down the dark staircase. The chamber looked exactly like the one in Laventhrope. Once was all got to the bottom and lit the lamps on the walls what we found surprised us more than anything.

Aislin wasn't there, but Elowen and Juniper stood there with sly grins as they were felt in Aislin's wake.

×××××××××××××

Author Note!

Hello My Mickey Mouse Club House Members!!❤️

Thoughts >

Random >

How is your day today? Was it bad? Good? In between?

QOTD: What is a cute name you like to be called/call other people? Romantic or non-romantic, doesn't matter.

Someone called me Stellina a couple of months ago, and they said it means little Star.. bro I LOVE THAT! I literally teared up it made me so happy bc it was so cute!!

Love you all thank you for reading! Xoxox 💋💋

- Mickey ✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 164 50
"Can I ask you a question?" She stares into my eyes, "What?" "If you had a chance to get revenge, or even justice, for something or someone that mat...
1M 44.9K 61
"Free me and I will save you," he promised. ~*~*~*~*~ A Pirate in peril... Pirate Justin O'Shea is finally captured by his enemy, he had no choice b...
3K 411 43
Falling in love with an enemy knowingly is wrong. What if, it happens unknowingly? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ " W-what this? " I lost the ability to speak Englis...
1.5K 148 130
"She is simply ravishing, laying here sleeping with her long deep red curls resting on her soft rosy cheeks. Her youthful appearance is enhanced by t...