Just Me and You

Af soccerfanatic2

There's a new girl in town - yet she isn't a soccer player. At least not anymore. Her name is Alexis, but eve... Mere

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 8

3.3K 93 3
Af soccerfanatic2

Lexi's POV

Closing my bedroom door behind me, I slowly walk toward the kitchen not wanting to wake Pia. Kristie should be home any minute, and I still have some last minute packing things to do before the WNT camp tomorrow. To say I'm nervous is an understatement, and I truly think I'm in way over my head. I have expressed my concerns to both Vlatko and Kristie and they both seem to think I am not confident in my abilities and that I will truly succeed, but I guess I won't feel the same until I experience it myself.

Packing up my last minute things except the stuff I need to grab in the morning, I boil some hot water for some tea before sitting down on the couch, the TV volume down low. The background noise keeps my thoughts from roaming.

Staring out the window for a while, I'm not taken away from my thoughts until I see someone standing in front of me.

"Hey," I say with a small smile as I pull Kristie down on the couch into my side.

"I'm proud of you," I whisper into her ear as I kiss the side of her head.

"And I'm proud of you."

Pulling away to look in her eyes, I roll my own. "Don't take away your amazing milestone to please me. You are the most amazing person and I wish you saw how much talent you truly have."

"I am proud of you though. You show me how to push harder and be independent. You're a badass mom, a nurse, an athletic trainer, a fitness coach, my girlfriend... I mean you're killing every aspect of life."

"I love you, you know that? But tonight is about you."

Pulling her into me I kiss her hard before pulling us down fully on the couch. As our hands roam each others bodies our shirts make their way on the floor when my phone rings.

"Leave it be," Kristie says as she kisses lower on my neck toward my collarbone.

"Babe it's work," I slowly get out between moans. "I need to answer it."

Hearing Kristie sigh in frustration, I kiss her one last time before standing up and rushing to my phone in the kitchen.

"Hello?"

"Hey Lexi, it's Emma." My manager says as she speaks through the phone.

"Im not on call aren't I? I swore I checked my calendar."

"No, you're not on call and I know you leave super early in the morning, but I really need you to come in for an emergency case. They land from Austin at midnight."

Looking at the clock that reads 11:17pm, I start walking toward my room with Kristie right behind me.

"I need to be out by 7:30am, I cannot miss my flight."

"Oh thank you so much, you're truly saving me."

"Fill me in on the patient."

Slowly opening my door I keep my movement to a minimum as I head toward my bathroom and Kristie grabs my scrubs. Changing quickly and throwing on a little makeup, I grab the few things I need for my shift before heading toward the kitchen.

"I am leaving in 5 minutes, could you have a coffee ready for me?"

"Iced chai latte, I'm on it. Thanks again lexi."

Hanging up the phone I throw all I need in my bag by the door and grab some random things in the fridge for my "lunch" break.

"Okay, there's a list on top of my suitcase of everything that needs to be packed in the morning. All of mine and Pia's things are by the couch, Pia's close are set out in my bathroom. Please let me know if she gives you a hard time in the morning. She is really excited so I think she will be okay. Im so sorry I am leaving all of this to you this is not what I planned but please text me in the morning when you wake up and-"

"Lex, breathe. I got this, just go. Keep me updated and try and not stress. I'll call Vlatko and give him a heads up."

"Thank you. Seriously call me if you need anything Kris, promise me."

"I promise, now go and help the little girl flying in. She needs you more than anyone right now."

Kissing Kristie one last time, I rush out the front door, my bags a mess as well as my hair and run to my car. Throwing everything in my car I see it's already 11:32 and I'm racing against a time clock. Luckily, the roads are pretty bare and I am at the hospital before I know it. Parking in the emergency lot I swipe my badge in and take the elevator up to the 9th floor where the helipad is. Stepping out I am met with a team of nurses and doctors, as well as my manager holding my coffee.

"You're a life savor thank you," I say taking a long sip of the latte in my hands.

"No," she says. "That's what you're about to do. Save this girls life."

The wind picks up as the helicopter comes into view. Handing all my stuff to my manager I place my stethoscope around my neck and fill my pockets with what I need before putting on my gown, gloves and glasses.

"Okay," Dr. Choi says. "Lexi you're head nurse, AJ you're second. Respiratory therapy is here along with cardio and general. The OR is on standby. Let's help this little girl get better."

The door to the helicopter swings open and the bed is rushed our way into the elevator. As the nurse is giving a quick report I complete a neuro assessment and check vitals.

"Pulse is weak, pupils are sluggish, BP is dropping and her temp is 104.7. You said she's septic? What's her diagnosis?"

"She came in with multiple organ failure and then became septic overnight. Constant nausea and vomiting throughout the day, we couldn't get her oxygen over 85 so we intubated her on the way over."

"Alright, I was a chest X-ray, labs drawn, head CT, and I want neuro checks done every 15 minutes. Let's go guys we have a lot of work to do."

————————————

Kristie's POV

Hearing rustling next to me followed by little feet on the floor, I open my eyes rubbing the sleep away from them before turning on the bedside light. Seeing my phone light up 4:03AM, I look to my right and Pia is no where to be found. Hearing noise coming from the bathroom, I quickly jump out of bed and make my way over. For as long as I've known Pia, she NEVER gets up in the middle of the night because she's scared of the dark.

Pushing open the bathroom door her little frame is sat in front of the toilet, her moms tshirt touching the ground, and tears are running down her face as she is throwing up.

"Oh babe, not feeling well?" I say as she lays on the floor after getting sick while crying.

Sitting down on the bath mat, I pull her into my lap. Feeling her tshirt stick to her I kiss her forehead before standing the both of us up and placing her on the counter.

"Let's get you out of this tshirt it's all sweaty. And we're gonna take your temperature okay?"

"Don't take off the tshirt, I'm cold!"

"I'll grab you a new one but this one is all wet."

Taking the thermometer out of the drawer I place it under her tongue, and before I know it, it reads 102.9. Throwing the dirty tshirt in the laundry, I put the thermometer next to the things I need to pack in the morning and give her some medicine before picking her up and taking her back to bed.

Rummaging for a new tshirt, I find a new oversized one for the small girl and walk back over to the bed.

"Sit up for me so we can put this on. Then we can try and sleep a little more."

"I don't want a new one anymore, it's gonna be all gross. Can I just lay next to you?"

Picking her up she wraps her arms and legs around me. Sitting down and then scooting down to where I'm laying I throw the covers over both of us.

Running my hand over her back and through her hair her soft cries slowly subside and snores take over. With a million thoughts running through my mind I completely lose track of time and my alarm goes off before I know it.

Turning it off quickly, as it reads 5:30AM, I slowly peel Pia off of me, wrapping her body up in blankets and walk toward the bathroom to turn the shower on. Leaving the door cracked open in case Pia wakes up, I brush my teeth and wash my face before hopping in.

Washing quickly, just as I'm about to turn the shower off, Pia walks in with her arms wrapped around her, shivering with just her underwear on her.

"How're you feeling little P?" I ask as I step out of the shower with a towel wrapped around me.

"I'm really cold. Can I take a shower before we go?"

"Of course. Why don't I grab your clothes while you hop in. But you need to let me know if you feel sick okay?"

Her tiny nod followed by a small smile makes me smile as she hops in. Getting dressed quickly, I then grab Pia's clothes and place them in the bathroom as I finish getting ready. Grabbing the last minute things lexi needs in the bathroom I cross everything off her list before sitting down on the bed waiting for Pia.

Sending Jane a quick text to meet her in 20 minutes, the bathroom door opens fully and Pia comes out with a tired look in her eyes.

"Come sit babe," I say patting the spot next to me. She crawls onto the bed and sits in my lap pulling the blanket over us.

Kissing her forehead I pull away to look down at her. "You don't feel as warm as earlier, how're you feeling?"

"A little better. Why isn't mommy here?"

"Mommy got called into work but she is gonna meet us and Jane at the airport. Are you excited?"

"Yeah, I am excited to meet everyone but also a little nervous. What if everyone doesn't like me."

"Hey, look at me." I say pulling her up so she is facing me. "I promise you everyone is going to love you! And you know who is really excited to meet you?"

"Who?"

"My sister. I've told her about you and she can't wait to hang out with you."

Her smile slowly makes its way to her face and she gives me a hug.

"Okay, it's time to get going. Jane is gonna meet us downstairs and we're gonna get some donuts before going to the airport."

"I'm not sure I want a donut, my tummy still doesn't feel good."

"How about some toast before we go and I'll grab you a donut for later?"

"Okay."

——————————

Lexi's POV

Walking toward gate C13, I see the three people I am looking for by the window with coffees in hand, and Pia asleep in a seat with her head on Kristie's lap and her feet on janes. A blanket is thrown over her and Kristie is running her fingers through her hair.

To say I'm tired is an understatement. I haven't slept in 24 hours and working last night was not in my plans. The little girl I watched over and took care of this morning is stable and doing okay, but I told them I wanted constant updates even though I wouldn't be there and any call coming from the hospital I will be taking.

Getting closer toward the group of people, Jane hands me a coffee and I take a seat next to Kristie who pulls me into her side.

"How did it go last night and this morning?" I ask taking a sip of my coffee and placing my bag at my feet.

"Not the greatest. Someone here," she says pointing to Pia, "caught a little bug and has gotten sick a couple times. We showered and tried some toast but she couldn't keep it down. She's had some Tylenol and is due again in an hour."

"Kris what part of call me do you not understand?"

"Hey," she says grabbing my chin so I look at her. "I handled it, and Pia is fine. Yes, she doesn't feel well but we took care of it and I promise you I watched over her. I didn't call you because I am in this for the long haul and one day it will be just me taking care of her. I am here for the both of you, and that means taking care of her when she's sick."

Kissing her a few times, I rest my forehead against hers and smile. "I love you."

"I love you too. I told Pia she was going to sit with me so you could get some rest but she wasn't really happy with that answer. So I'm not sure what she's gonna do but hopefully if she does sit with you you're able to sleep a little."

"Flight 1348 to Orlando, Florida is now boarding."

——————————

"Pia," I say as I pick the little one up as we walk into the conference room we will have for our few weeks here. "I want you to meet a few people."

I make my way over toward Alex and her daughter, Charlie, along with Gabi who'll be watching after the girls each camp.

As she realizes who Alex is, she gasps and cannot contain her excitement. "Mommy! That's Alex Morgan!"

Laughing a little as well as Alex and Gabi, I nod and look at her. "I know, can you say hi to her and her daughter Charlie?"

"Hi," she says shyly before hiding in my neck.

"And this is Gabi. She will be watching you and Charlie while Alex and I work, and she will also be helping you with school."

"Can Charlie and I play now?"

"Not today. Since you're not feeling well I brought your iPad so you can watch a movie. In a few days when I know you're better, then you can play with Charlie."

"Okay." The excitement leaves her face a little but once I set her movie up she seems to be okay.

"If you need anything, you ask Gabi okay? If it's an emergency she will come and get me. Then we will have dinner okay?"

I'm not sure she heard me as she doesn't respond and is already tucked under her blanket with the movie playing. Walking over to the coaches table I'm stopped by Kristie on the way.

"After this meeting Vlatko said we are free for dinner tonight. Why don't I take Pia so you can sleep, and I'll bring you back some food."

"Kris, I really love that you are offering that but in camp I want you to focus on you. Not me and Pia. We will always be here for you and you're more than welcome to hang out with us but I really want you to enjoy being with your friends and pushing yourself."

"I know that lex, but you need to stop putting so much on yourself and let others help you. This team is more than willing to watch over Pia for a couple hours to let you breathe. Don't push people out, especially me."

Before I can respond, Vlatko starts the meeting and I can see the hurt on Kristie's face. I haven't been the nicest to her today but I truly am just not used to all the help. I love that she is willing to jump in and be there for Pia and I, and I just need to learn to accept it.

Zoning out for most of the meeting, I don't pay attention again until Vlatko introduces me to the team. Giving them a small introduction to me myself, Vlatko then calls the meeting and everyone starts to disperse. I talk with a few players who need to see me before training tomorrow before making my way to the back of the room to grab Pia. Noticing Kristie and Sam are already back there with her, I grab Kristie's attention before Pia can notice and motion outside.

Before I can speak, Kristie does. "I know you said to enjoy myself and leave you and Pia be tonight but I already told her that Sam and I were gonna take her out for dinner. I know that is completely against everything you said but you need to understand that-"

"Okay."

Her rant stops as she furrows her brows and she just looks at me weird.

"That's it? You're not mad?"

"No Kris, I'm not. Because you're right. I need to learn to accept help, especially when it's coming from you because I know you're gonna be here for me whenever."

She starts dancing a little and I can't help but laugh. "What's that for?"

"You just admitted I'm right. I am always the one to lose this is awesome."

"You better go before I change my mind. But she can't eat anything crazy, it has to be bland and boring because I don't want her sick again."

"I know, I'm on it. I'll bring you something back later, but shower and go to sleep. I love you."

Kissing her gently, I watch as she skips back into the conference room with a smile.

"I am in love with her," I whisper with a smile.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

15.6K 327 15
Kristie Mewis a soccer players who plays for Houston dash, with her girlfriend Rachel daly. After Kristie finds out she cheats on her what will she d...
290 8 13
It started with two strangers a text message & now being best friends; what could this mean ?♥️ Do you ever feel if a best friend... could be your lo...
4.5M 120K 86
~STORY COMPLETED! just in process of editing~ Lexi Walker has 12 brothers. Twelve irritating, annoying, bossy and protective brothers. The only fema...
6.5K 366 38
Alexis Patterson isn't your average girly girl, she's the captain of the BOYS Varsity Soccer team, she swears like a sailor, she doesn't care about w...