Another Man's Treasure

By Mechalen

"You've become so damaged that when someone tries to give you what you deserve, you have no idea how to respo... More

Another Man's Treasure
Prologue
1. Flameless Lost Love
2. Why Did I Do That?
3. Bottoms Down
4. Time Is Money
5. In My Dreams
6. Beautiful Crybaby
7. Creatively Insane
8. Lost Keys
9. My Best friend, My Safe place, My Euphoria
10. The Heart-shaped Necklace
11. Pinky Swear
12. Wishing Well
13. The Beginning Of Nicholas Lane's Story
14. Are You Two Dating?
15. Sweet, Apologetic & Forgiving
17. A Chance
18. The Funeral
19. By Your Side
20. Have A Choice
21. Love And Honesty
22. Right By Your Side
23. We All Make Mistakes
24. Perfectly Fine
25. Perfectly Fine, Part II
26. Acceptance
27. Hooked And Partially Crazy
28. Perfectly Fine, Part III
29. Responsible For My Own Happiness
30. A Whole New World
31. Will You Marry Me?
32. Better Version
33. Beginning Of The End For Nicholas Lane's Story
34. Beautiful Chaos
35. Follow My Lead
36. So Incredibly Sweet
37. You're Mine

16. Visits

109 3 0
By Mechalen

Nathan~~

Will she think I'm being weird? If I do tell her the real reason she may not want to do this with me, I can't say I'm my brother's replacement because that's what I literally am, a shadow behind his name. People say they see Nick in me, I on the other hand never thought that was the case, we are completely different people.
  He was more of the kind, loving, soft person but I, I am nothing like that, I'm bad at giving speeches, most times I don't give a fuck about another person's feelings, but at least I can do the business aspect of things, at first I didn't know anything.

I'm still learning, still learning to be just like he once was.

I place the glass in my hand on the coffee table and turn my attention back to Madison, sitting opposite me. Her brunette hair is in a ponytail with a few loose strands hanging by her eyes, her makeup-free face makes her face look fresh.
  She keeps looking at me like that, like I intrigue her.

"The thing is, it all comes down to needing an heir." She frowns looking at me funny. "The company wants me to get married, start a family and act like we're living this happy life and trust me that's not what I want."

  Madison looks at me concerningly. "And what if you don't do as they say? What will happen?"

"The board will remove my position as president of the company, the company will loose billions and will probably go in debt after all the profits is gone, and basically my family's life will be turned upside down." I say straightforwardly.

  "God." She mutters under her breath.

I look down, feeling slightly embarrassed exposing myself to someone, I feel powerless. "At the end of the day, the company needs an heir to survive."

  "You're the President of the company, do something. Set a new pair of rules or something...don't be unhappy or just mediocre in what you do because you don't look like you want a wife and a family right now."

Madison's right but I've tried stopping this from happening but I can no longer avoid it, I think about it and someone from the board is always trying to convince me otherwise.

"I don't even want a girlfriend right now." I chuckle amusingly leaning back on the couch. "Not after what she did to me." I say looking back at her.
"She and I was planning our wedding, well mostly she was, but then still she decided to take me for a fool and when I ended things the company was so in shock, they all thought she was the one."

Amelia... Amelia... Amelia. That snake.

   "If you think a woman like me is the one then you're mistaken. Doesn't the fact that I just came out of a divorce tell you anything?" She looks down sadly. "I wasn't the one for him and I thought we loved each other."

   Madison looks up and meets my eyes again. "Whatever it is you want from me I don't think I can do it for you, it's too much."

I sit up straight. "You don't have to think about that all right now, just let me help protect you, I got you into this mess, Madison. All I'm asking is for you to work with me on this, please?"

   Madison shakes her head slowly. "I don't think so, Nathan."

"Okay." I say breathing in deeply.

There's a few seconds of silence that fills the room before I speak up again.

Clearing my throat, I say. "There's this exquisite jewelry exhibition opening tomorrow night that I have been invited to, and I uhm- I was wondering if you would like to come with me? As my guest for the evening."
  She looks up her eyes big. "It starts at 9pm, and if you want I'll take you shopping for a nice dress and shoes and-"

  "Why are you doing this to me? Why me?"

I ignore her question and stand up, making my way to the front door. "I need to go now, I'm late for a meeting."

  Madison stands up. "I hope tomorrow night you'll be able to answer my question, Nathan Lane."

A small smile makes it's way to my lips. She said yes. "Be ready at five. Bye sweetheart."

I exit and close the door behind me after seeing her smile.

Now let's just hope everything goes well tomorrow night.

Madison~~

Did he just ask me out on a date? Like an actual date?

  Suddenly nervousness settles in the pit of my stomach, I haven't been on a date in a really long time and I haven't been with another man other than Christian. Maybe I should call Nathan and tell him that it's a bad idea...

"You don't have to think about that all right now, just let me help protect you, I got you into this mess, Madison. All I'm asking is for you to work with me on this, please?"

My mind goes back to what he said, he was pleading. Actually going through with this will be a whole new world for me. It will be weird helping a man like him.

  But it's just a date right? Okay... date is probably a strong word, but let's see how it goes and then I will make a decision. Hopefully it goes well.

In my deep thoughts, I hear a knock on my front door.

A smiles comes to my face, why is he here again?

I get up and make my way to the door, talking a deep breath in and then opening it.

My smile drops.

"Christian." I whisper.

What is he doing here?

  He smiles down at me. "Missed me?" He walks in my apartment without my permission.

"What are you doing here? Get out!"

  Chris turns around looking at me softly. "Will you relax, I'm just here to talk." 

My eyes go big remembering what he did. "You tried breaking into my apartment, why?"

He turns around, staring me dead in the eyes.
   "I have no idea what you talking about."

I scoff. He lied right in my face.
"My neighbor saw you stupid. I don't appreciate you doing that, this is where I stay and I want to feel safe in my own home. God, you just interfere with everything! What do you want from me?" My voice cracks when her doesn't answer me. "You're a coward, Christian."

  "I'm sorry."

"I'm gonna have to ask you to leave. I'm tired and I just-"

Suddenly he grabs me closer to him and kisses me hard on the lips. Even though his hands is tightly wrapped around my forearms I try my best to push him off and I do.

"What the hell?!" I exclaim, wiping my lips off with my hand.

  Chris looks at me pleadingly. "Come on Maddie, I want to apologize to you." He comes closer to me and for some reason my feet dont move. He slowly trails his fingertips up my arm and then to my back.
  "I miss you, I found myself needing to be with you. Since you left nothing is the same." He gently pulls me closer and I can smell the familiar cologne he wears all the time. "The house is big and empty and lonely without you. I want you back."

I give myself enough courage to look up at him. Tears trickling down my cheek. "We can't go back to how we were. We hated each other."

  "I love you."

I look down. My heart expands in my chest, and for a moment I worry it might burst through my rib cage. Hearing those three words come out out of Christian's mouth triggers a wave of emotion that I desperately try to suppress.
  "You hurt me." I say softly.
This time my vulnerability is not thrown back in my face.

  His chest rises and falls. "I know I did. And you can't imagine how awful I feel about that. But I can't change it. All I can say is that I'm sorry Maddie, and that I'll do everything in my power to never hurt you again."

I can't answer. My throat is too thick with emotion.
   "If you want me to beg, I'll beg. If you want me to jump through hoops, bring them on. You mean so much to me, let me prove how worthy I am of you." He says softly in my ear.
"I fucked up. I love you. And I want you back."

I look up at him once again, hypnotized by his brown eyes.
"O-Okay." I give in.

And in an instant he's lips crashes down to mine with so much want and need. He lifts me up and I wrap my legs around his torso, while out lips are still locked he walks into my bedroom and places me gently on my bed.
He suddenly pulls back and I find myself needing him even more.

   "Look at you, so beautiful." He says smiling.

I haven't seen him smile in a really long time, which causes me to Blush and smile too.

  "Let me take care of you." He says, his eyes gleaming with lust.

I pull him closer in a quick motion. "Please fuck me."

Christian smirks. "Oh I will baby. Get undressed for me."

I was expecting him to do it for me, but I get up and slowly take of my shoes, my jeans and then my top. He start undressing himself too.
I look at him while I'm standing in my bra and unmatching underwear. Damn, an embarrassing heat shows on my cheeks.

Once he's completely naked, I try not to look at his hardened dick.
  "Come here."

I walk up to the man that hurt me once before, but my heart still loves him. If he can change like he said he can then I hope I won't regret this in the morning. Hopefully what he said isn't another broken promise.

Lips indulging in the sweet taste of lust, he places me one the bed once again and climbs on top of me.
He whispers how much he loves me over and over again while slowly kissing my neck. My eyes are locked close, enjoying the familiar feeling he once used to give me.
  I feel myself craving him inside me as my insides keeps clenching with desire.
Looking me in the eye, I wrap my arms around his neck, wanting him in me already.

"Please." I plead to him.

  Christian lifts up my legs, signaling I should wrap them around his torso again.
He slowly enters me. My head shoots back in pleasure.
He moans into my ear, he has always been vocal during our love making. "You're still mine."
I nod my eyes closed as he keeps thrusting in me abit rougher now. Sweet moans escapes my mouth.
  "Say it. Say that you're mine." He fucks me harder and I love the feeling of me clenching around him. He growls, puts his right hand around my throat gently and fucks me even deeper. He's demanding.

"I'm still yours."

_____________________

13 September 2021.

_____________________

I know I've been away for quite a while, but I haven't forgotten about this book. I'm dedicated to finishing it, so please stay tuned! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 40.6K 55
"You have a choice either choose me or being a mafia" I added hoping that he'll come back with me and if not then I will be the one leaving him this...
5.2M 162K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
122K 3.9K 43
''Open your legs,'' I order, and she looks at me like I'm insane. "Open. Them. Now."I warn, and she rolls her eyes and does as told. Did She just rol...
29.8K 721 16
"Back to this hellhole, huh?" "I wouldn't call it a hellhole" He mutters. "Oh, but I would." I snap harshly. He almost flinches. "(Y/n), I'm sorry. I...