Raising Kiara

By piscesandpizza

Lucia; a young and beautiful woman with her whole life ahead of her was shot dead protecting the biggest secr... More

Character aesthetics
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Sequel

16

19.1K 627 75
By piscesandpizza

⚠️part 1 of todays updates⚠️

Kian stopped at the bottom of the stairs, standing back and observing his older brother and daughter for a moment.

It was approaching lunch time now he took that long to pull himself together whilst folding and hanging Kiara's endless supply of clothes.

He watched as they spoke and laughed together in the pile of pillows and blankets Rowan had obviously created a fort with.

Her tiny freckled nose that he now knew she got from her mother crinkled any time Rowan said something she either couldn't believe or understand.

Kian wondered if she picked that adorable habit up from Lucia, just like she was starting to imitate habits of Kian's and Rowan's.

Maybe it was just her ethereal beauty but the young toddler had a grace and an air of wisdom to her.

Her wide eyes were always fully absorbing her surroundings and she was always very present. Very aware of her surroundings.

It made him wonder if that was a personality trait she inherited from her mother or if the two of them acquired it from living so discretely and cautiously in hiding.

Kian automatically assumed the worst and began to feel sorry for his baby girl. She shouldn't have had any such trouble in her short life.

She should get to fully embrace her innocence and act like any clueless, curious child would.

Kian makes a vow right then to make sure she gets to have fun doing anything her little heart desires.

If that means going to an amusement park or a fair then so be it.

He will fly them out to the best he could find and wear a full disguise to ensure her safety and happiness.

Kian watches as Rowan scoops a giggling Kiara into his arms and carefully throws her backwards into the humongous bean bag that practically swallows the tiny girl whole.

Rowan crawls towards the laughing bean bag and peppers loud kisses all over her face.

"Nooo Zio! Scratchy face!" Kiara whines, pushing his bearded face away with both of her palms.

Kian laughs quietly to himself finding another possible thing to boast about to his brother.

She'll always prefer kisses from her dadda. The only perk of not having been able to grow a beard yet at twenty two years old.

"But you're too scrumptious munchkin! I know you secretly love kisses from your favourite person.." Rowan teases her, almost whining as much as she is.

Kian still can't believe his eyes, even if he himself is guilty of becoming an actual child when around Kiara, Rowan is notoriously known for being the living embodiment of the mature and bad ass characters he's played on screen.

So he pulls his phone from his pocket to record it so he can watch it back and know he wasn't just hallucinating.

"Dada's my favourite." Kiara teases him right back.

Kian lights up like a Christmas tree and bounces on the balls of his feet.

Absolute gold. And he captured it on his top quality IPhone, loud and clear.

The first video of his princess on his phone and one he was sure he would be coming back to it throughout the years, any time he had to wind up Rowan or remind Kiara.

Rowan gasps dramatically and backs away from her, a playful frown on his face.

"Okay then I guess I won't read you a story at bed time." Rowan shrugs.

Way to blackmail my child Row. I thought you were supposed to be the mature one?

"Nooo!" Kiara cries, scrambling up to her feet and climbing up to stand on Rowan's knees like he's her own personal jungle gym.

Kiara grabs his face with her palms and clumsily presses her cheek to his mouth.

"I was only joking! Me love zio kisses." She worriedly argues, her eyes wide and regretful.

Poor baby. How dare Rowan mess with her pure little heart like that, Kian thinks, stepping forward to make his presence known.

"Come here baby, is Uncle Ro-Ro being mean to you?" Kian asks the toddler, holding his arms out for Kiara to run in to.

Kiara's head snaps to him and she jumps off Rowan's thighs, eliciting a pained groan from him.

She goes to cling onto Kian's legs but at the last moment he hoists her up and props her on his hip, giving her his undivided attention.

"Zio said no bed time story. I was only joking dadda." Kiara sniffles, her little body racking with upset hiccups as she clings to her dad's neck.

Kian glares holes through his supposedly older brothers head whilst simultaneously contradicting that attitude and bouncing his daughter in his arms, rubbing circles onto her shaking back.

"Shhhhh, hey, it's okay baba he was only playing. He'll read you as many stories as you want." Kian assures, lifting a threatening eyebrow at Rowan.

Kiara's head lifts up from his shoulder where he could now feel a cold damp patch that her tears had left.

Kian wipes his expression blank and smiles softly at the little sensitive girl.

"Really?" She questions, a few sniffles still escaping her as she dries her eyes with the heels of her hands.

"Yes really." Rowan plucks her straight from Kian's arms, taking a few long cautionary strides away so that he can't attempt to take her back from him.

"Stop stealing my daughter Rowan! Go get your own." He sulks, crossing his arms.

"And replace my little munchkin? Not a chance." Rowan counters.

Kian grumbles and flops down on a pile of cushions on the floor infront of the telly.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

"So did you get lost in Narnia when you stepped inside Kiara's wardrobe or what?" Rowan questions as he plays around with Kiara's hair.

His eyebrows are furrowed in concentration as he messes about trying to practice simple hair styles for example pony tails for future occasions when she'll need it.

Kiara allows her hair to be gently ragged around like a doll whilst her attention is glued to her favourite film, Nemo.

Kian lets out a long, exhausted sigh whilst looking up to the ceiling in thought.

"I'll tell you later once we put her down." Kian decides, although Rowan isn't happy with that annoyingly vague promise.

His frown lands on his little brother and his hands stop fiddling for a second whilst he tries to read his mood.

"Why what happened? Just tell me now. She's too little to understand most things anyways even if she was listening." Rowan challenges.

Kian shakes his head in response.

"It's about her Row. I can't. Later." He repeats with finality in his tone.

Rowan mutters complaints whilst resuming trying to collect the perfect gathering of soft orange hair on top of Kiara's head.

"Well I hope you meant what you said about telling the Sierra's about Kiara because Kelly is on her way since I've went completely MIA all day." Rowan casually drops.

Kian's head snaps towards his brother, his eyes widening slightly.

"And you're only now telling me? How long ago did she say that?"

Just as the words leave his mouth the house buzzer starts to ring and Kian sends daggers through his brother with his eyes.

"About half an hour ago." Comes Rowan's smart, smug reply.

"And did you tell Kiara about the psycho woman she's about to meet?" Kian grits out, standing up and heading to answer Alan.

What was he doing calling? He knows Kelly he usually sends her right up? Kian ponders.

"I told Kiara that her aunty Kelly will be coming around and that she'll love her so much." Rowan says in his baby voice, bouncing said girl up and down on his lap, stirring her from her trance.

"Aunty?" Kian scoffs with a judgemental expression.

"Slow the hell down Row, we don't need to give her any reason to introduce her snotty little offspring to my princess. Like ever." Kian counters.

Rowan tuts aloud and shakes his head at his brothers words.

"Oh stop fooling yourself Kian, you  can't isolate her. That's cruel. We don't need her ending up a feral child with no social skills." Rowan argues.

"Well then I'll hire her a nice little girl to play with. There might even be one in this building." Kian shrugs his shoulders.

"Oh shut up. You start hiring her friends and she'll grow up to hate you." Rowan threatens with a raised eyebrow.

Kian sticks his middle finger up at his brother and finally presses the button to answer poor Alan.

"Mr Wiley. I'm sorry to bother you yet again but I just had to double check with you incase." Alan, polite as usual, starts.

"You can send Kelly up Alan. As annoying as she is you know she's always welcome here." Kian sings as though the words physically pain him to say.

"It's not Mrs Sierra, there is a delivery man out front claiming to have packages for your penthouse number but the name is under Cole Black?" Alan hesitantly questions, being used to these type of absurd lengths some fans would go to to try and get to him or Rowan.

Kian straightens up at the name, just then remembering about the shit tone of stuff he ordered under that alias yesterday.

"Oh shit-I'd forgotten to tell you sorry Alan. I've had my hands full recently. If it isn't too much trouble could you direct him to the back entrance and have him load all of the stuff into my elevator? And don't let him know it's for me for security reasons please. I'll pay you for this Alan." Kian respectfully requests from his trusted door man.

"No payment needed Mr Wiley, it is my job and not a problem at all." Alan declines, as selflessly as ever, although Kian doesn't take no for an answer.

"Thanks Alan." Is all he says before hanging up on him.

"Guess that buys you a bit of time to think of what you're gonna tell Kelly." Rowan chimes from across the room, having heard the whole conversation.

"Oh joy." Kian flatly responds.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

"Hiiii awh oh my goodness who is this pretty little princess? A little cousin of yours you never told me about?" Kelly cooes, kneeling down to hold Kiara's hands as she shyly twists her bodt and tilts her head.

Kiara's cheeks flush at the attention and the compliments from the blonde woman infront of her.

The brothers look at one another, Rowan giving Kian an expecting look and Kian looking like a deer caught in headlights.

"Hopefully this will explain why I've been off the grid for a while now but she's actually...my daughter." Kian awkwardly explains, scratching the back of his neck nervous to hear her reaction.

Kelly's eyebrows knit together and her chin juts to the side as though she's making sure she heard him properly.

She slowly stands back up, crossing her arms and narrowing her eyes at Kian.

They briefly flick over to Rowan a few times to see if he wavers and gives his brother away but stops upon realising they're both acting more serious then they ever have which for Kelly, is concerning.

"Right. You suddenly have a toddler that I didn't know about with the girlfriend you don't have." She deadpans, pointing out the obvious facts that don't line up with his claim at all.

"As a mother yourself Kelly, you should know how kids are made and since we're in the twenty first century, that definitely doesn't require me to have a girlfriend." Kian instantly argues back, fully prepared to talk her through this denial phase he had already experienced with Rowan and also, his own mind.

Kian bends down to pick up the little girl and props her on his hip, in a rare responsible moment in which he acts like her father instead of her mischievous partner in crime.

Kiara shyly buries her face in his neck, uncomfortable with the clearly tense atmosphere they've created.

"And she popped out of the womb a walking toddler did she?" Kelly continues, still refusing to give in and allow the Wiley brother's to fool her with yet another frustrating prank.

"So independent single mothers are a mystery to you too? I really thought you were smarter than this Kelly." Kian shakes his head, sighing in feigned disappointment.

"What he means to say is that he only found out a few days ago and met her like...two days ago." Rowan chimes in, clearing things up for Kelly.

"Well, three days. Sort of. I don't know the time zones have kinda messed things up." Kian uncertainly corrects his brother, swaying Kiara who lets out an adorable yawn as she relaxes further in his arms.

"Hang on a minute. I'm gonna go put her down for a nap and Rowan can catch you up a little more." Kian announces, leaving no room for argument as he turns and heads for the stairs.

Kelly is left dumbfounded at his mature behaviour whilst still trying to piece together what the hell is happening.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

382K 8.4K 36
Kiara, whose life was once filled with butterflies, chocolate, rainbows and love turns upside down when her own mother kidnaps her at the age of 6 ou...
272K 9.6K 43
SEQUEL TO CHEATED THEN KNOCKED UP BY ROMANO BOOK 2 IN THE ROMANO SERIES (WARNING!!! 18+ ONLY ➡ THIS BOOK CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, VIOLENCE AND EXPLI...
15.7K 396 27
Valentina Sage a name that she had been called all her life. But that wasn't her name. She got her name from her mother the name that she got when sh...