The Sun that I See is Named a...

By cattleyaon5th

In the summer of 1989, Yibo joined his new high school, with the hope of a new beginning. Finally leaving fr... More

Author's note
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
✧ 1 ✧
✧ 2 ✧
✧ 3✧
✧ 4 ✧
✧ 5 ✧
✧ 6 ✧
✧ 7 ✧
The End?
✧ Epilogue✧
✿Thank You ✿
✿ Special gifts ✿

✿ Awards and Reviews✿

517 36 11
By cattleyaon5th

Best Title winner in The Smoothie Awards

 First Place winner in Borderverse Awards in Short-story genre

Second Place Winner in the Carnival Awards Third Edition

One of the winners in the Jades of Heart award by Urwaxi

Certificate

Fourth Place in an Award hosted by TBC

First Place Winner in the Sundae Awards 2022 (Fanfiction Genre)

Reviews

Title: The Sun that I see is named after you

Author: @cattleyaon5th

Reviewer: @IpsitaMitraPupu 

Cover: 10/10

The cover is extremely soothing for eyes. It perfectly shows the aesthetical beauty that this story contains. The vintage look of the cover makes the reader float to the period drama vibes of the story.

Title: 10/10

The title is amazingly creative. It generates a summer vibe and actually expresses the extracted feeling of the whole story in one line.

Description/Blurb: 09/10

The blurb is short and crisp. It's exactly what is needed for attracting readers to step into the beautiful universe of this book. The blurb is helpful to set the proper mindset before reading the story.

Prologue: 10/10

Absolutely brilliant work in prologue. This made me totally drowned into this book. The beautiful words and use of rhetorics, are literally soul capturing. The wise words like "After all, everything is gibberish when we are just unable to understand it", actually make the reader think again and again. It truly depicts the amount of thoughts that went into this story's creation.

Creativity: 10/10

The book is very creative and unique. Your way of writing, word choice, use of natural imagery are just bang on. Every season has a significance in the story, and I found this absolutely beautiful. Your way of showing time-lapse is so skillful that it didn't affect the flow of the story even a bit.

Plot: 10/10

The plot of the story is actually EVERYTHING. It's simple yet heart-wrenching at the same time. In this post-truth era, it's getting more and more difficult to express a love story with such a simple set up, and the author has done a great job in doing so. At the end, the ending of this story does the magic and leaves the reader in a state of wonder. 

Characterization: 09/10

The narrator of the story is also one of the protagonists. I found quite prominent portrayal of his character in the story. There was a beautiful portrayal of the character of the other protagonist too, my bjyx heart is still greedy though.I even found characterization of the minor characters quite significant.

Grammar: 09/10

The grammar is almost perfect except few very minor issues which don't really bother much. Great work with spelling and punctuation which elevates the quality of your writing.Personal Enjoyment: 10/10I'm so in love with this story. It's like a breath of fresh air in all the meaninglessness of this post-truth era. It makes my heart so full and make me realise that sometimes it's okay to dream without thinking about the result. Keep up the good work author, the sky is the limit for you.

Total: 87/90

 Review by the Lotus Community.

Book title: the sun that I see is named after you

Author: cattleyaon5th
Reviewed by: retrobabe-

Review:

Cover: 7/10

I like the cover it's very simple and aesthetic. I like the artwork and the colors. It's very beautiful, the font that you used too is beautiful

Title: 7/10

Even if the title is long, I find it very beautiful and aesthetically pleasing. No wonder you won the best title! In the book award, you participated in.

Blurb: 7/10

The blurb is neat. It drew me in the first time i read it, I'm pretty sure it draws others too. The only thing I can tell you to improve in is maybe for your next book don't add the 'come, let us witness their journey', it sounds tacky.

Character development: 6/10

The character development isn't really noticeable. Maybe next time try to make it more noticeable. And I didn't really get to see how the character's personality was like it. It wasn't really clear or descriptive.

Grammar: 7/10

Your grammar is good but you need to learn how to use words in the correct sentences because i see you slipping of quite a lot of times.

Communication with readers: 10/10

I see you always replying to your readers which is super nice. And you are always nice to them, keep it up!

Overall impression: 7/10

I like the book, the plot is very interesting and I would definitely recommend this book to people who like boy x boy!! This book is going to be in my library and I'm going to finish it. It was a great book so far!

Total mark: 70/100

 Reviewed by The Carnival Community

From your judge:

Judge: @annamariwrites
Author: @cattleyaon5th
Book Title: The Sun that I see is named after you
Genre: short story

Title 4.5/5

The title is very creative and sounds poetic. The colors are very vivid, kinda like a sunny day in summer. It is rather long but I think it fits well with your story.

Blurb 8/10

" A short story of two little butterflies in love. In their cosmology, they are their own sun."
This line was the first thing that stood out. It's the perfect sentence that makes a reader wanna find out how the love birds will conquer their love. The last sentence didn't stand out to me in a good way, "come, let us witness their journey" I think it sounds kind of cheesy and the blurb would sound better if you remove that part of the blurb altogether.

Cover 10/10

It's very beautiful!

Fits the genre 2.5/5

The story is a bit long to be presented as a short story. Yes, it is short but usually short stories (in awards) are usually 1-5 chapters. This book is over that limit and I think it would fair better if it was placed in a different genre.

Grammar 5/10

English isn't my first language as well so I understand the struggle of forming sentences and placing periods or commas in the correct way. I still struggle even though I speak English (the writing of it is always confusing) the only thing I would suggest is that you keep writing. After a while, you'll notice that writing in English gets better. No one is perfect, to be perfect you need practice. <3

Originality 10/10

Setting 10/10

I feel like describing a scene is very hard, at least it is for me. You have a way of making a reader walk along with your characters.

Character development 10/15

A lot happens in high school and it's a struggle if you're not like everyone else. I feel like your character struggles with himself but he's strong and can take on anything.

Writing Style 10/10

I absolutely fell in love with your first paragraph from the prologue! I had doubts about the book and this basically screams don't judge unless you read a few paragraphs from a book. You have a unique skill when it comes to your writing style, your words flow and sound like poetry even though this is a novel. The book overall was very well written and I wouldn't be surprised if you won more awards in the future! The world needs to see this magical piece of art. <3

Plot 15/20

Total 90/100

Judges' Feedback on the book (Sundae Awards 2022)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 217 29
Astrid Eliza Maximoff, daughter of Pietro Maximoff, created by HYDRA using the DNA of Pietro, was in the red room for 2 years where she met, nat and...
244K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ΰͺœβ€βž΄ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 π‹πˆπŠπ„ .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
873K 40.6K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...