Seductive Peril

By Msmarv28

Alison has been missing for two years, and the last thing she remembers is getting into a car. Making matters... More

CRUSHED
DUNKIN DONUTS IV
MY BODY IS A CRIME SCENE
FAKE IDENTITY
THAT GIRL
SHRIEKING IN FRUSTRATION
DISPLACED MY ASS
CARBON MONOXIDE
ONE OF THEM
ALI ROSE
OH ADAM
A WOBBLER
BABY SISTERS GONE WILD
TOTALLY BDSM
ILL-EQUIPPED
LINT BALLS COUNT AS MONEY
I ENJOY KILLING
HOW MANY GUYS HAVE I GONE THROUGH?
SAYONARA VEGAN TACOS
MORE MUSCLE
VAMPYR'S DON'T NEED KITCHENS
HERT ATTACK MUCH?
SEXY DISHES
A NICE SLICE OF FUCKPIRE PIE
BLOODY PANCAKES
ANKLE WEIGHT
SIPHONER ISSUES
STAGE FOUR CANCER
GIGGLE LOOP
WHOOPSY DAISY
MURDERERS DON'T WAIT FOR SUMMER BREAK
MILF MONEY
FREAKING LUCIFER!
DRAG ME TO HELL
THE VENTRILOQUIST TO HIS DUMMY
VAMPYR'S SUCK... LITERALLY
STABBING A DEMON IS A CRIME
A MURDEROUS DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD
HAND-ME-DOWNS IN A LUCAS SUIT
BADASS GERIATRIC SIPHONER FOR THE WIN
VAMPYR'S DON'T HAVE HEARTS
ALTERED LINKS
RAGING CASE OF THE IFORGOTS
A THREAT
A DRAKE HEARTBEAT
THE LAST HAPPY MEAL
BOTH TITS
HOTTIE COLLECTION
OUR CURSE
STOLEN ESSENCE
ROYALTY AND LOYALTY
SUMMONS AND SAVIORS
FRIENDS ARE AWESOME
F-YOU'S AND FAVORS
RED RIDING HOODS FROM HELL
PUNISHMENT AND PROTECTION
PROMISES AND PAIN
OVERACTIVE SWEAT GLANDS
A SNOT TRAIN
VAMPYRS AIN'T LOYAL
A FRESH CORPSE
BITCHES AND BLEDSOES
SIPHONERS AND SILVER PLATES
FAMILY MEANS EVERYTHING
SPARRING LIPS
KNIFE TO THE HEART
EW
TRUTH AND TRUST
ANTI-DEVIL AND SONS
SWEET CALVARY?
BONDS AND BETRAYAL
CHARACTERS

THAT WANKER LUCAS

29 4 9
By Msmarv28

It takes an hour, two spells, and a little devilry to replace the broken door and repair the hole in the wall of my room. Lucas even reinforces the wall with a protection rune.

I guess it pays to know the son of the devil.

By the time he finishes, Sybil, Ethan, and the syndicate have all shown up asking questions. Only, I don't have any answers. I don't know why they're after me or how they got past the supernatural safeguards Sybil put in place to protect the students here.

But someone does.

"It's happening again," I hear Eden whisper to Ethan. Or try to whisper. Because Eden only has one level... a million. For everything. "I saw them. Those things are coming after her again, and I don't think it's Lucas this time. This is something else."

"Eavesdropping is so beneath you, Ali-Cat," Lucas smirks.

"What do they mean by it's happening again? What's happening again?"

He thinks about staying out of it, or perhaps lying to me, but I give him a look that says, 'you can't bullshit a bullshitter'.

So, he opts for the truth.

"Before you disappeared, these... conjurations of daemons came for you. Everyone thought it was me because whenever a daemon is involved, the devil's son is always the first suspect. But these aren't real daemons. They're the machinations of a very strong mind with equal power to match."

"Meaning?" I splay my hands out in front of me.

"Meaning you've got yourself a powerful enemy, Alison."

"Ali," I correct him.

"Fine... Ali," he humors me. "Though I'd be more worried about who's trying to kill you rather than what name you want people to call you."

"No shit, Sherlock. I am worried. They came very close tonight. And if I hadn't spazzed out and faded through the damn building I might be dead right now."

"Riiiiight," he raises an insulted eyebrow at me. "You did all that by yourself. Including catching yourself after almost falling to your death. I was just a spectator who did nothing to help you."

Clearly, he's fishing for a thank you and some acknowledgement. So, as much as it grates on my insides, I aim a saccharine sweet grin in his direction, and show him the gratitude he so badly craves.

"Thank you, Lucas. For coming to my rescue."

"Don't forget the part where I saved your life."

"Whatever," I roll my eyes. Waving him off. "How did you know I was in trouble, anyway? Why were you outside?"

Again, Lucas looks wounded.

"The devil's son is always the first suspect when daemons are involved... I get it," he shrugs. "But those weren't my daemons. If they were, they would've obeyed my mental command not to attack. Besides, I would never do anything to hurt you, Ali. I walked my date to the front gate and was heading back to my room when I heard the commotion."

And I believe him.

Plus, I know what it's like to get a bad rap. Maybe that's what drew me to him in the first place. Because Lucas is kind of an asshole. And any girl in their right mind would do well to avoid him.

Which... clearly, I wasn't in my right mind. Because nothing I've done since leaving my parents' home makes any sense. Including taking up with the likes of Lucas DeAngelis. No matter how sexy he might be.

"What about your father? Would he do this?"

"My father is too busy waging war against the almighty Yahweh, and his legion of angels, to care about a lone human schoolgirl. He views humans as no more than playthings."

"Sorry to interrupt your little meeting of the minds here, but my grandma has asked that we not leave your side," Eden interrupts us. Knowing damn well she's not sorry. "I was thinking we could make it a co-ed sleepover."

There's mischief in Eden's eyes, and I am all here for it.

"Do I get an invite?" Lucas asks, raking his eyes over us both. "You know... for saving your life and all."

"Maybe next time, devil boy. This is a 'Spawn of Satan free' sleepover," Eden brushes him off with a verbal middle finger.

Rather than argue, Lucas opts not to cause a scene, and heads back to his room. Which I'm grateful for because I have enough to deal with. Namely, a broken mating bond and alleged fiancé. But more importantly, I need Ethan to show me how to use the powers I've siphoned from him.

"Thank God," Eden sighs, draping herself across the foot of my bed after Sybil exits my room. "I didn't think she would ever leave. I mean, I love my grandma, but that woman is a serious buzzkill."

"Where were you?" I asked. Not meaning to sound accusatory at all. Except... I failed. "Your room is across the hall from mine, and the only other room on this floor. How could you not hear me?"

"I wasn't in my room," Eden replies. "I had a date."

Yeah... I've heard that story before.

"I'm sorry," Ethan apologizes. "I should've walked you to your room. I never should've let you walk back alone. I just..."

"You were worried about what your fiancé, Zara Graham, might think," I throw that information in his face before I can stop myself. Jealousy lacing my tone even though I tried not to let it show.

Ethan blinks once... twice... three times before tilting his head to the side to stare at me with confusion. Then his expression turns angry, and he curses beneath his breath. Something about 'that wanker' Lucas.

"It's true, isn't it? You're engaged."

Ethan's throat bobs but his unreadable expression never changes. Not even when he nods to confirm my worst fears.

"But it's not what you think," he sighs.

"Meaning what?" I asked, folding my arms across my chest.

Surprise etches across his face, but it's quickly followed by more anger.

"You don't get to question me, Ali. Not after what you did. Not after you..."

He stops short of saying what it is, like I knew he would. And I can't tell if it's because it's too painful or he's just too angry with me.

"Say it," I challenge him. But rather than take the bait, his anger evaporates. He's about to walk away from me, but I step into his path. "I asked Lucas to break our mating bond. And I gave him the means to do it. I-"

"We both did," he interrupts. Dropping a bombshell on me. "In order to break the bond, he needed my blood to do it, and I knew it was what you wanted, so I gave it to him."

"Then you got engaged to Zara."

Ethan stares incredulously at me. "Is that what you think I did? Because let me be the first to tell you, you're wrong. I spent the next year after you left me for that wanker Lucas trying to put the pieces of me that you broke back together. Because I was utterly, irrevocably, and madly in love with you, Ali. Hell... I still am if I'm being honest. But you did the worst possible thing you could do to me, and I don't even know why. Except, one day you decided I wasn't enough for you."

Ethan's outburst shocks the syndicate as much as it shocks me. And I wonder how long he's been holding this in. These painful, raw emotions that expose so much of himself, and his vulnerabilities.

"I don't know what to say," I sigh. Trying not to feel attacked. "And I wish I knew why I did what I did so I can give you that closure, but I don't. Nothing about what I've done since leaving home makes any sense. Starting with leaving you. Because as far as I can tell, you meant everything to me. I can feel it in my memories... I just don't know what changed, or why."

Ethan's expression softens, and his anger evaporates in an instant. Perhaps he realizes arguing will get us nowhere. Or maybe he realizes I'm just as confused about all this as he is.

"I'll do it," he tells me. "I'll go with you to the address Lucas gave you."

I can't help the smile that forms on my face knowing he has my back. This guy everything inside me would live and die for. Even though I know it's far from meaning we're good. But he's extending an olive branch, and that's all I can ask for.

"Tell me about your engagement to Zara," I ask.

Why?

I don't know.

Except, my connection to him is bone deep. And I need to know for my own sanity if he's moved on to someone else.

"He had no choice," Eden speaks for him when his tongue fails him. "Our parents arranged for him to marry the daughter of another member of the Vampiric Order."

"Is that what you want?" I ask him.

"You know what I want," his eyes delve deeply into mine. "Bond or no bond... it will always be you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

795 45 41
She saved his life during an accident and he insisted on marrying her to repay the favor. Once the news got out, everyone wondered why a strong, pow...
7.9K 827 48
Evie is haunted by her past, and so tangled up with her best friend and room mate she isn't even sure she remembers how to be an independent person a...
392K 14.1K 52
"Have you found her yet?!" a man sitting on chair asks impatiently. "No, my lord," the soldier says bowing his head. "Well what are you doing here th...
2.7K 418 27
Ariella's biggest desire in life has always been such a simple one. She wants to be 'normal.' Unfortunately, that one simple wish has never been with...