Almost Lost (The Heart's Betr...

By icecuberlover

Celine Grayson has been in love with Abel Carter since high school but for reasons unknown to her, he hates h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 5
Announcement

Chapter 2

16.5K 385 46
By icecuberlover

Celine's POV

When I was four, my mum told me the story of Cinderella and I was fascinated by it. I wanted my love story to be like that of Cinderella. I wanted my own prince charming.

Back then, I had asked my mum "mommy do I have a prince charming like Cinderella?"

My mom gave me that loving smile which I missed so much. The thought of her beautiful smile is the only thing that could calm me down when I find myself in a difficult situation.

"Of course baby, you have a prince charming just like Cinderella"

I smiled happily bouncing on my toes in excitement. I was happy that I had a prince charming; someone who will come around someday and sweep me off my feet "mommy I want to meet him"

She laughed and pulled me to sit on her lap "you will meet him someday when you're older and he's going to love you so much just like Cinderella's prince"

"B_ But what if he doesn't like me?" I had asked sadly but my mum hushed me gently.

"He will baby because you are the smartest, kindest and the most beautiful girl in the world" she kissed my chubby cheeks and I giggled.

"Hey ladies" my dad walked in dressed in his usual office suit with a smile on his face at the scene he walked in on.

I jumped off my mum's lap and rush to him "daddy" I called in excitement and he lowered himself with outstretched arms and I jumped into then giggling.

He laughed twirling me around "how's my little princess doing?"

"I'm fine daddy" he smiled brightly and kissed my cheeks before walking towards my mum and doing the same.

"Hi my love"

"Hey honey. How was work?"

"As always" he sighed heavily.

My mum smiled a weird smile which I didn't understand at that time "if you want, I can give you a massage before you take a bath"

My dad gulp "um... Sure" he grinned.

I stared at them noticing the love surrounding them as they stared at each other and I asked "mommy is daddy your Prince charming?"

My mum smiled so widely and I could already see the answer in her smile "yes baby. Your daddy is my prince charming"

From then on, I decided that I wanted a prince charming like my dad who will love me the way my Dad loved my mum.

The first day I set my eyes on Abel Carter was in my first year of high school, a few years after I moved in with the Graysons. He was laughing along with his group of friends.

He look so gorgeous and I couldn't take my eyes off him.

He was the most beautiful boy I had ever seen in years.

His caramel hair was messy in a cute way and his hazel eyes lit up with happiness when he laughs. And his smile could make any girl weak at the knee.

He really was an angel.

I stood there staring at him awestruck. All I could see at that moment was him and when he turn around and caught my eyes, I swear my heart stopped beating.

At that moment, I realize that Abel Carter is my prince charming.

He was the one I always look forward to on school days; the one who made my miserable life less miserable with just a glance of his smile.

But it all came to an end when he became my bully. He wasn't really a bully but for some reason he developed hatred for me and became my biggest bully in high school.

But that didn't stop me from loving him.

I have loved Abel for a long time even though I knew he was in a relationship with Taylor Jackson and I won't deny I was more than happy when my adoptive father Aaron Grayson informed me that Mr J Carter wants me to get married to his son.

I was happy but scared because I knew Abel would never accept me as his wife. I tried talking to my dad and to Mr Carter but neither of them paid me any attention. In fact my family is more than glad to finally get rid of me.

It really hurts to be so helpless but I refuse to loose hope. I'm sure one day, Abel will learn to love me just as much as I love him and he won't see me as the ugly duckling whom his father forced on him but as his wife whom he loves.

"How's the beautiful bride doing?" My best friend Angela Miller's voice rang out as she walked into my room.

I quickly brush off my tears "hey angel" I tried to sound cheerful but it seems she already knew i have been crying.

She frown as she stared at my red puffy eyes. My back is to her but she could still see my reflection on the mirror before me "Celine are you crying?" Her worried tone made me feel a bit better cause it reminds me that I still have someone who cares about me.

I gave her a weak smile "I'm fine Angel" she stared at me unconvinced.

"No C you're not okay. Today is suppose to be your big day and you're crying" she settled herself on my bed but kept her eyes on mine through the mirror. Her eyes suddenly narrowed as she asked "did that d*** face hurt you?"

"Language Angel" I wasn't a fan of vulgar language and she knew that.

"Sorry. But answer me C, did the butt head hurt you?"

I sighed. Angel would never learn. In the past, Selena and I had tried so hard to get her to stop cussing but it seems it was already a part of her. "Common C answer me. I know you went to see him last night"

I stared at her shocked "were you spying on me?"

She smiled mischievously "something like that. Now spill"

I sighed once again. She was such an over protective pest but I love her anyway "well he just made it clear to me that he didn't want to get married to me" I answered trying to hold in the tears which threaten to rush out.

"That bastard!" Angel snap in anger as I watch her fingers ball into fist "he should be damn happy that he's getting married to you. He doesn't even deserve you. The bastard doesn't even know how damn lucky he is"

I felt better by her words although I knew they weren't true. No man would want a woman like me as a wife.

I wasn't pretty. I was nothing compare to Angela, Selena and Taylor. As I stared at Angel in her light pink off shoulder mermaid gown and her sparkling amber hair styled expertly and her gorgeous amber eyes on view; it makes me wonder why she choose to be friends with me.

Angela and Selena were the most beautiful girls back in highschool. Boys drool over them and they could get any guy they wanted with just a snap of their fingers.

But they didn't care about any of these guys. They were okay as long as they had each other. They acted like real sisters and didn't allow anyone to be a part of their friendship so it was kind of a shock when they decided to befriend me.

Angel suddenly stood up from the bed as she came to stand behind me and began fixing the loose strands of my hair "listen C. You're a real gem and Abel doesn't deserve you"

"He doesn't" I agreed "he deserves better. He deserves a wife who he would proudly show to the whole world not someone so ugly like me"

"Shut up Celine don't call yourself ugly" she scolded glaring at me through the mirror "you're anything but ugly" I gave her a look of disbelieve and she sighed "let me tell you a secret" she began and went on fixing my hair "when you first started schooling with us, I was jealous of you. You were so beautiful and I wanted to hate you for being prettier than me but when I talked to you in our literature class, I realize what an amazing personality you have and I decided to befriend you"

"I_ I..." I didn't know what to say. I never knew Angel use to be jealous of someone like me. I have never once considered myself pretty and I'm not sure I ever will.

"Did you know when I became more envious of you?" She question with a smile and I shook my head "that day we saw you dancing on the school rooftop. You look so sexy and hot; I almost didn't believe it was you. I mean who would have thought that the quiet Celine Grayson knew how to dance like some damn goddess"

I blush shyly. I could still remember Angela and Selena's shocked expression when they saw me dancing on the school rooftop. It was kind of funny.

My mum taught me how to dance when I saw her dancing once and asked her to teach me.

She was once a stripper before my dad met her. Her occupation is the reason why my grandmother dislike her and she didn't accept mum as her daughter in law even after she quit the job to be with my dad.

"Seriously C, Abel doesn't deserve you" Angel continued as her voice took on a serious tone "please consider my offer; leave this wedding and come to London with me"

She had made that offer to me when she first got the job as a fashion designer at one of the largest fashion company in London but I refused her for reasons we both know about.

"Angel you know very well why I can't leave"

She groan "oh come on C you've paid enough. Its not your fault that she died"

"No Angel its my fault" I ignored the tears that gush out at the reminder "I'm the reason she died" I lowered my head as I force myself not to think about my older sister Lauren and my parent.

Lauren is the real daughter of the Graysons and the main reason why my grandmother and the Graysons hate me.

Angel lowered herself beside me and took my fidgeting fingers into hers "I know you think its your fault C" she began softly "But you have paid enough. Mr Grayson literally used you as a punching bag and you had to spend three days at the hospital remember? And they all treat you like an outcast; that's not fair"

"I know its not fair but I also know I deserve it. Their d_daughter died because of me" I swallowed the lump in my throat and continued "and besides, I'm getting married to Abel. I'll finally be free"

"Moving from one hell to another is not freedom C. I'm sorry to say this but Abel doesn't love you. You'll just end up suffering more"

"I'll be fine" I insisted. I didn't want to be a burden to Angel. She has done so much for me already.

"Fine" she gave up "but I'm always here if you need me. And if that bastard Abel hurts you, I swear I'm going to kill him" I chuckled at her but her expression held no sign of playfulness. "I'm serious C. Remember what I did to that guy who tried to grab your ass at the club last month"

I gulp. Angela hired some really dangerous guys to beat him up the very moment he tried to grab me. They beat him so badly that he fell unconscious.

How she hired those men was beyond me. I wouldn't want that to happen to Abel.

"Stop saying that you're scaring me. I'm sure if Selena was here she would scold you" I tried to lighten the mood but didn't realize I had made it worse by mentioning Selena.

After Selena left five years ago, Angela has been devastated. She refuse to see anyone for weeks and it was just by luck that I was able to come through to her.

Like I said before. She was very close to Selena.

But after Selena left she stopped talking about her and any time u bring her up, she shuts me out..

I think she's mad that Selena left without a goodbye and without even asking her for help.

"I miss her" I went on, ignoring the distant look on her face "I wish she was here with us"

"Stop it Celine" she stood up and moved away from me "let's not talk about her. She's not here anymore so we have to move on and stop wishing she was here"

"Angel you know its not her fault that she had to leave. You should stop avoiding conversations about her; you need to let it off your chest"

"That's enough. I'm not going to sit here and listen to you defend that f****** betrayer" she took a deep breath and turn away from me "Mr Carter's driver is waiting for you outside. See you in church" with that she walked out of my room.

I sighed sadly. They use to be so close. Their relationship was so beautiful and I can't help but feel sad at Angela's anger and hate for the girl she once considered her sister.

I knew Angela doesn't really hate Selena. She's just blinded by rage. I just hope that things will go well and they can sort it out when Selena decides it come back.

As of now, I should worry about my own problems.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146 25 8
After moving into a new school and meeting her stepbrother's enemy, she made a goal to never engage with him. But things didn't go as planned. "Do y...
43.2K 4.4K 59
'It doesn't go without saying that I don't want to marry an old man. Oh no! I want a man who can keep up with me. No limpness or weak hearts allowed...
448K 9.1K 105
Gwen did a lot of things, made a lot of mistakes, and crossed paths with a lot of people. And, she did those people very dirty. This makes those peop...
216K 10.8K 71
COMPLETED Zayn (18) and Harry (17) are stepbrothers for about a year now. While Zayn hates Harry and doesn't care about him, Harry starts developing...