Sister, Sister ▷ Damon Salvat...

By mikaeIsons

The youngest Mikaelson and the oldest Salvatore meet under unlikely circumstances and fall in love. [SEASON T... More

BEFORE READING☑️
INTRODUCTION☑️
PART ONE☑️
CHAPTER ONE☑️
CHAPTER TWO☑️
CHAPTER THREE☑️
CHAPTER FOUR (FLASHBACK)☑️
CHAPTER FIVE (FLASHBACK)☑️
CHAPTER SIX✔️
CHAPTER SEVEN✔️
CHAPTER EIGHT✔️
CHAPTER NINE (FLASHBACK)✔️
CHAPTER TEN (FLASHBACK)✔️
CHAPTER ELEVEN (FLASHBACK)✔️
CHAPTER TWELVE (FLASHBACK)✔️
CHAPTER THIRTEEN (FLASHBACK)✔️
CHAPTER FOURTEEN (FLASHBACK)✔️
CHAPTER FIFTEEN✔️
CHAPTER SIXTEEN✔️
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN✔️
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN✔️
CHAPTER NINETEEN✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE✔️
CHAPTER THIRTY✔️
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE✔️
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO✔️
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE✔️
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR✔️
QUESTION✔️
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE✔️
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX✔️
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN✔️
SEQUEL AND EDITING✔️
DEAR ARABELLA✔️

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO✔️

70.1K 1.9K 985
By mikaeIsons

dedicated to maknaelines for being the only one who commented on this chapter
thanks guys for the comments!!!!!!! (please note my sarcasm seeing as there is only one comment on this chapter lmao).

TWENTY-TWO | GREEN WITH ENVY

"The old Fell property starts over there," Jenna stated, pointing to a certain direction.

"Oh, no it actually it starts just over the fence, Jenna," Arabella corrected.

Jenna frowned and then looked at her map. "These maps are so confusing, how did you know?" Arabella shrugged.

Currently, Arabella, Elijah, and Jenna were walking around so Elijah could get information about his "upcoming book." Jenna offered to show Elijah around and Arabella was there because she was caught taking a bite in the woods, so she made up the excuse that she got lost, saying she was, "very interested in the history of Mystic Falls."

"Ah, the Fells. One of the 'founding families,'" said Elijah, his tone underlying mocking.

"Why do you say it like that?" asked Jenna, looking at Elijah.

"My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier. It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast, um it was Salem to be precise," Elijah stated.

"Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?" Jenna questioned.

"Which means the ever lauded founding families didn't actually found anything," remarked Arabella, picking up a twig and breaking it in half. She was bored—she knew the land like the back of her hand.

"Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial," Jenna remarked.

"Yes, they are," said Elijah, glaring at Alaric who came marching up to the three of them.

"Elijah, this is my friend Alaric Saltzman," Jenna introduced, shooting Alaric a weird glance.

"Yeah, I got your message about walking Elijah here through the old property lines, and I thought I would tag along. You know, being a history buff and all." Alaric shrugged. Arabella laughed a bit.

"Bella, why are you here?" Alaric asked, not taking his eyes off Elijah.

"I happen to enjoy history as well," Arabella said, trying not to grimace at the awful lie. She hated history, she already knew it all because she was literally history herself.

Alaric looked at Arabella, but then looked to Jenna.

"Where to next?" asked Alaric.

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners," Elijah declared. "Some say, you know, the descendants of the slaves are the true keepers of American history."

Arabella rolled her eyes.

"Well, I only brought the surveys, I've got that list in the car just give me a sec," Jenna said and walked to her car.

"'Descendants of the slaves are the true keepers of American history.' Really Elijah?" Arabella said with a pointed look.

"Would you prefer me to write out a script so you can check it over?" questioned Elijah with a quirked eyebrow.

"No, it's just you could be a bit more convincing if you're going to keep up the whole writer act," Arabella snapped.

"Arabella, I could smell you breakfast miles away," said Elijah. Arabella scowled at her brother.

"Alaric Saltzman. So you're one of those people on Elena's loved ones to protect," Elijah said.

"So is Jenna," Alaric retorted.

Arabella rolled her eyes. Men.

"You don't have to be jealous. I don't really pursue younger women," Elijah said.

Arabella and Alaric looked at Elijah.

"It's a joke, lighten up," Elijah said.

Arabella scrunched up her nose but kept her mouth shut as Jenna approached them.

~

Jenna and Elijah went off to look at more of the land while Alaric and Arabella stayed behind. Arabella complained of foot cramps and Alaric didn't feel like seeing Jenna and Elijah "flirt" (as he would call it).

"Other than your lecture on the history of Mystic Falls, did you get anything out of Elijah?" Damon asked. Arabella scoffed.

"Elijah made a deal with Elena saying she would protect her loved ones. He's trustworthy," Arabella defended her brother.

"No, it was boring," Alaric remarked.

"More than boring," agreed Bella.

"Of course, Jenna thinks he's charming," Alaric said.

Arabella laughed. "Are you jealous?"

"You sounded a bit jealous. Sound a bit jealous?" Damon asked Andie.

"Kinda do," Andie agreed.

"Maybe we shouldn't talk about this here," Alaric said, motioning towards Andie and Arabella.

Arabella smirked, then heard Jenna and Elijah's voice. "Look, it's Jenna and her new boyfriend."

Damon motioned the two to come over. "Hi!"

"Hey guys!" Jenna greeted.

"Sorry for ditching you, my feet were on fire and I was growing hungry."

"So I hear you two had quite a meeting of historical minds today," Damon said, pretending to be very interested.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that," Jenna remarked and looked at Elijah.

"Well, as much as I would love to continue this, I've got papers to grade," Alaric declared.

"Hey, you know, we should do this again," Damon stated.

"We should have a dinner party!" exclaimed Andie all the sudden. Arabella nearly groaned.

"Oh, my girl, full of good ideas. I'll be happy to host," said Damon.

"Brilliant," muttered Bella under her breath.

"Say tonight maybe?" asked Damon.

"It's good for me, Jenna?" asked Andie.

"I don't know—" Alaric started.

"—Yeah, tonight works," Jenna interrupted Alaric.

"It'd be a pleasure," Elijah said.

Everyone looked towards Bella.

"Bella, you could make that chicken you always talk about," Damon said. It was obvious he was trying to rile her up.

"I'm rusty in the kitchen."

"I'll help you," Damon said.

"I don't like you."

"You don't have to."

Arabella scowled at Damon.

"Fine. I'll do your damn party but so help me God Damon if pull anything—"

"—Relax Bella, I've got Andie." Damon said, throwing an arm around the girl. Arabella scoffed and took a sip of her drink. She noticed Elijah looking at her, and she silently glared at him to stop looking at her.

Arabella knew the dinner would be a disaster. She could already picture the Salvatore kitchen up in flames.

~

While Andie and Jenna set up the plates and silverware at the table, Arabella was in the kitchen. Her hair was in a bun and she had a messy apron on.

"Okay, I think paprika—oh that does not smell good," muttered Arabella, sniffing the air. She vamp-sped to the direction where the horrid thing was, to discover it was the Salvatore fridge. Damon hadn't cleaned it out yet.

"Gross," Arabella commented.

She continued to marinate the chicken with garlic and olive oil and seasoned it with poultry seasonings. Arabella slipped the chicken into the oven then started with the sides. Arabella heard the doorbell ring but payed no mind as she expertly cut up celery to put in the salad. There was quiet murmuring in the parlor, but Arabella continued to chop up the celery and pretend like she didn't know anything about the intentions of this evening. Arabella chopped up the celery, then the lettuce, then the tomatoes. While doing so, she hummed an older song from her childhood.

She put the celery, lettuce, shredded cheese, and other various vegetables inside a large mixing bowl. She mixed everything together. Arabella sensed Damon watching her.

"You know, it isn't polite to stare," announced Arabella, not looking up from the mixing bowl.

"Great song," Damon remarked.

Arabella looked at Damon, then back to the bowl. "It was something I learned from my mother." Damon nodded.

"What do you need Damon?" asked Arabella.

"Just watching," said Damon.

Arabella rolled her eyes and went to check on the chicken, which was almost ready.

"Well, chicken is almost ready and I'm making the salad right now," Arabella stated. Damon nodded again.

"Really Damon, what do you need?" Arabella asked, irritated.

"I just heard you singing and thought I would take a peak, that's all," Damon said.

Arabella looked up from the cutting board to Damon. "I'll let you know when the food is ready."

Damon sighed, taking the hint from Arabella and left the kitchen. Arabella continued to quietly hum the song as she poured drinks and pulled out the chicken from the oven. She put a breast on each plate and a helping of salad inside a bowl. Then, she put steamed carrots on the plates. Arabella carried out the plates and put them in front of each guest.

"Poulet aux carrottes cuites à la vapeur et une salade, otherwise known as chicken with steamed carrots and a salad." Arabella smiled. Everyone laughed a bit, and immediately started devouring the meal. To Arabella's surprise, John Gilbert was sitting down in one of the chairs.

"John, why are you here?" asked Arabella.

"Damon invited me," John stated.

Arabella rolled her eyes and muttered a quiet, "bullshit," under her breath, but dropped it.

"I hate to break it to you, Damon, but according to Elijah your family is not a founder of this town," Jenna announced, pouring him some wine.

"Hmm, do tell," Damon said, faux interested.

Arabella was ready to pass out because everything was so boring.

"Well, as I mentioned to Jenna earlier, a fraction of settlers migrated from Salem after the witch trials in the 1680's. Over the next hundred years they developed this community where they could feel safe from persecution."

"Actually, it was the 1690's," piped Arabella.

"I'm sorry?" questioned Elijah.

Arabella resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "The witch trials were actually in the 1690's."

"Of course."

"Yeah, but there was no tangible proof there were witches in Salem," Andie remarked.

"Andie's a journalist. Big on facts," Damon mentioned.

"Sod off," muttered Bella, stuffing salad in her mouth and chewing furiously. Though she wouldn't admit it, she was jealous of the attention Damon was giving Andie.

"Well, the lore says that there was this wave of anti-witch hysteria. It broke out in the neighboring settlement, so these witches were rounded up. They were tied to stakes in a field together and burned," Elijah remarked. "Some say you could hear there screams from a mile around. They were consumed by the fire."

Arabella was having a hard time not to let out a sarcastic comment.

"I wouldn't repeat this to the historical society," Jenna said.

"It's starting to sound a little like a ghost story to me," John stated.

"So, why do you want to know the location of these alleged massacres?" Damon asked.

Arabella slumped in her chair, the conversation already boring. It was quite obvious where the location was. The sacrifice would take place there.

"You know, a healthy historian's curiosity of course," Elijah stated.

"Of course," Damon replied, almost sarcastically

~

"Does anyone want some Cognac?" asked Damon.

"No thanks, 9 bottles of wine is my limit," Alaric said.

"10's mine," Arabella joked and raised her glass.

Everyone stood up and Andie announced that the gentlemen should take their drinks to the study.

"I have to say, the food was almost as wonderful as the company," Elijah said. Arabella smiled a bit.

"I'll take that as a compliment. I'll clean," Arabella said and walked to the kitchen, where she wiped dished and put them away

"Hey, no, you cooked," Damon argued, grabbing the strawberry-blonde's arm.

"I can do it," Arabella stated indifferently. She shrugged Damon off and walked towards the kitchen. There was some talk and Jenna came to help Arabella.

Alaric came in and said for Arabella to make some quick dessert, which Arabella rolled her eyes at but complied. She decided on homemade cookies. Again, Arabella sang the same song and mixed together the ingredients.

"You know, you're the second person to watch me cook," Arabella said, looking at her brother.

"I could smell these cookies from anywhere. Mother's signature and the song she taught you—you're feeling quite homey today."

"What is it, Elijah?" snapped Arabella, who was not in the mood for Elijah's teasing.

Elijah turned on the faucet, blocking Damon's hearing, and said "I believe Damon Salvatore is planning something."

"So do I," Arabella said, opening the oven to check the cookies. They needed some time.

"Yes, do be careful, sister," Elijah remarked with a raised eyebrow.

"I could say the same to you, brother," Arabella declared . "He hates you more."

Elijah chuckled and turned off the faucet, then left. Arabella smiled a bit, then pulled out the cookies. She let them cool for a bit, then walked in to see Elijah grey and veiny.

"Damon." Arabella warned, looking at her brother. She felt a sharp pain through her stomach, then she was out.

~

Arabella awoke with a burning rage. She saw Elijah next to her.

"Looks like they forgot one thing," Arabella said. Elijah looked at her.

"Keep the dagger in," they both stated and wore matching smirks.

Elijah had went off to do whatever and Arabella stayed a bit hidden until she saw Damon's car leave. She also saw Katherine sneak in, and Arabella walked in the boarding house.

"Katerina, Katerina," tsked Arabella as she walked in.

Katherine tensed and turned around with wide eyes.

"Enjoy your stay, because you won't for long."

~~~

edited as of: 1/16/16

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 82 9
"You and me always forever We could stay alone together You and me always forever Say you'll stay never be separate" "You know you've got me in your...
1.6M 34.2K 53
Stefan and Damon's sister, Ava, arrives in town unannounced with secrets. Secrets that will destroy their family bond forever. Forever is a long time...
98.9K 1.6K 20
[complete] Chloe Salvatore. Best friends with Rebekah Mikaelson and the youngest of the Salvatore siblings. She and her brothers have been vampires f...
388K 7.6K 70
NEW VERSION OUT ON (thatweirdokhai) - 𝙊𝙑𝙀𝙍 𝘼 𝙃𝙐𝙉𝘿𝙍𝙀𝘿 𝙔𝙀𝘼𝙍𝙎 𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗯𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗲𝗱, 𝙎𝙆𝙔𝙇𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝘼𝙇𝙑𝘼𝙏𝙊𝙍𝙀 𝗿𝗲�...