ice cold

By sndolls

what if the boy you used to like starts flirting with you and tries to take your heart again- despite all the... More

1 (short)
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
15
17

16

2.4K 128 91
By sndolls

"whose handwritting is this?" minha asked as she examined the paper carefully.

"it's printed," you chuckled and took the letter from her, "maybe this is some kind of sick prank y'know, the ones where they do videos to see people's reactions."

"i doubt that," minha shook her head and took the letter from you again,"i think someone's just scared to tell his feelings for you,"

"i doubt that," you said which made her slightly taken aback by your words, "no guy would be scared to confess his feelings for me. they know i'm not scary nor popular. i'm just a nobody, so why would they be scared?"

"yeah right," minha nudged you, "a beautiful and nice nobody."

everyday, the secret guy keeps on giving you letters, and you just couldn't stop laughing at how cheesy his words were. despite that, you still admired him for being persistant and brave enough to write letters and put them on your desk each morning. you even wonder what time he goes to school just to not get caught by your classmates. you're more amazed at the fact that he keeps it natural and cool. you basically meet guys on the hallways, room, and cafeteria- but you've never really suspected anyone to be that guy. you try to look into every guy's eyes, but they don't look flustered at all. maybe, mr. letter guy is a good actor.

"sunghoon will be competing in a few weeks! omg! i miss watching him skate," the girls gigled. you tucked your hands in your pockets, and continued to look around, hoping that at least you'd get a clue who mr. letter guy is.

who knows, if heeseung rejects you, mr. letter guy can be your boyfriend.

oh magical coin, please show me a sign.

"heads if mr. letter guy is in section sycamore," you threw the coin and it landed on the ground. you immediately covered it and peeked through your hands to see which side was on top- and it was heads.

"what are you doing here infront of our classroom?" sunghoon asked from the back. you turned around and showed him the coin you kept throwing.

"nothing. just playing heads or tails," you smiled sheepishly.

"let me try," he snatched the coin from you, "heads if i pass the math exam,"

tails.

"heads if i get my allowance early,"

tails.

"tails if yejin is going to cheer for me during the contest,"

heads.

"heads if i'm a boy,"

heads.

"heads if yejin still likes me,"

tails.

"heads if jay's feet stink,"

heads.

"the actual fuck is this sorcery? so all of these are true?" sunghoon gave you back the coin while upset was drawn in his face.

"probably," you laughed. it gives you joy seeing how annoyed sunghoon was, "why do you care so much if i go to your contest or not?"

"because you'll give me support," sunghoon said ever so casually, "also, i miss hanging out with you."

your smile dropped in an instant.

"sunghoon, you have a girlfriend. you need to give your attention to her. please, don't make things harder." you pleaded. you never want sooya to feel the pain you felt when he broke up with you. cheating shouldn't be tolerated.

"this girlfriend thing? this is all for fun," sunghoon smirked. your eyes grew big, and you had the urge to slap him.

"what do you mean?" you wanted to make sure you heard what he said clearly.

"i don't like sooya. i'm just playing-"

"excuse me?"

"i'm actually planning to break up with her next week. i just don't think--" he was cut off with a huge slap on his arms.

you slapped his arms again, this time with a heavy book, "THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU,"

"wait ouch--"

"WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS PLAYING WITH OTHER PEOPLE'S FEELINGS. SHE LIKES YOU SO MUCH, SUNGHOON. YOU CAN'T JUST TURN HER ON AND LEAVE HER--"

"yejin, stop,"

"NO, SUNGHOON. YOU'RE ALWAYS LIKE THIS. IT SUCKS SEEING PEOPLE BELIEVE IN YOUR STUPID LIES. WHEN WILL YOU CHANGE--"

"who the hell are you to slap my boyfriend?!" sooya ran in between and pushed you lightly. the other students were looking at the three of you now.

"yejin, that was a joke-" sunghoon tried to explain but you cut him off.

"no, sunghoon. not everything's a joke, okay?"

"i'm sorry, i shouldn't have,"

"don't, just please don't continue it. stop--"

"yejin, let's go," heeseung held your wrist and motioned you to come with him. the hallway was full of gasps and gossips from people. this made you close your eyes in frustration because of the scene you did.

••••••

"what happened?" heeseung asked, eyes wondering on your face, "why were you slapping him? did he do something bad to you?"

a lot of things, actually.

"he's playing with sooya's feelings," you frowned.

"what? how could you say so?" he questioned.

"he told me," you answered, "i hate him so much."

"hate is such a strong word, yejin. you don't even know him that much. maybe he was joking? but knowing him, i wouldn't be suprised if he breaks up with her. he's a playboy," heeseung said, "i get that you're mad. i honestly am too. but we can sort things out, right? it doesn't have to be in a form of hurting them physically."

right. he doesn't know sunghoon and you had mutual understanding.

you have the right to scold him because you felt the pain before. you treated him as your boyfriend. both of you were so close. and you just couldn't bare to see another girl crying because of that stupid playboy.

"i know. i shouldn't have slapped him," you sighed. heeseung nodded and pat your head.

"i should have punched him instead," you added.

••••••

"mr. letter guy is still giving me letters.., " you sighed in disbelief, "he's been doing this for a week now."

"i see he's got consistency," minha teased while nudging your arm, "that's great. it just shows how perseverant he is."

"can he just show up now? i want to marry him," you half-joked. to be frank, you just wanted to end things. you wanted to know him more in person, not with these little letters. maybe you'll get to like him back.

"mr. letter guy has got to be--" minha was cut off when a ball hit your head.

"ow--" you said as you rub the back of your head.

"sorry yejin," jake apologized and bowed, grabbing the ball from the ground, "i tossed the ball too hard."

"ya! did you just hit yejin?" mark let out a fake laugh, "maybe because you're just pretending you actually know how to play basketball."

"he apologized, man. get over it," jay pat jake's shoulder lightly.

"y-yeah, i'm okay now. i forgive jake." you reassured. you held minha's wrist and motioned her to follow you out of the place, but wonyoung suddenly blocked your way.

"goal!" wonyoung suddenly tossed the ball and it hit on jay's forehead.

"the hell, man?" jay rubbed his forehead, "what was that for?"

"i apologize," wonyoung bowed while smirking.

"you think an apology would fix this? fuck you, that hurt!" jay threw the ball towards wonyoung but he was fast enough to avoid the hit.

"he apologized, man. get over it," mark laughed, "you just literally said that a few seconds ago."

"you did it on purpose, jake on the other hand-" jay tried to explain. it was clear enough to see how furious he was.

"what's happening?" sunghoon ran up to jay. he looked at jay, then averted his eyes to you. you looked away and dragged minha out of the place. he was about to call you, but he realized it wasn't a good time and place for that. so he lets you leave out of the scene, while jay and wonyoung were arguing.

you sat back to your chair and ignored everything that happened today. fortunately, there was only one class left, and it was mr. han's. after this, you just wanted lie down on your bed and watch movies- that's how exhausted you are.

"strawberry milk for ms. jang," heeseung turned around and gave you the drink. he really took seriously the thing he said at the party, that he was willing to pay for the food and drinks. how did you deserve this guy, honestly?

"thanks. i needed this," you grabbed the drink for your desk.

"you always do," heeseung smiled.

"mr. lee and ms. jang, do you want to share something to the class?" mr. han called out, which made your eyes grow big. freaking glob. what'll you do now?

"i apologize sir. i just gave her a drink," heeseung excused.

"alright. then back to class," mr. han nodded and proceeded to discuss. you sighed in relief after knowing that mr. han accepted heeseung's explanation.

the class finally ended and it was time to go home. you planned to spend the weekend just enjoying yourself alone at home. minha went to her locker and baid goodbye to you because of her parents' early meetings.

"i'm craving for some neoguri noodles," you pursed your lips and thought of buying one. while you were on your way to the cafeteria, you saw papers flew on the hallways. you tried to pick all of them from the ground and you did it quickly. you examined the papers, but there were no names on it, although there were answer keys, so you continued to just pick them up. but you suddenly stopped when you saw familiar envelopes- they were the same as what you've been getting for a week now.

you turned the back of those envelopes and saw how each evelopes had specified dates. one's for monday, the one's for tuesday, and until the end of the weekdays. there you realized that he was mr. letter guy. you grabbed them all and decided to put it back on the locker. while doing so, you were able to see his id and his name written on his notebooks.

"n-no way," you gasped. you didn't necessarily wanted to know who he is, because you want him to tell you in person that he was mr. letter guy. now it was too late, "this is a joke, right? it can't be him."

you slowly closed his locker, still processing in your mind that he was mr. letter guy. you turned to your left and saw him carrying a basketball on his right arms, while looking at you, eyes wide.

"mark??" you said and he immediately turned around.

"wonyoung! i'm thirsty," mark ran up to wonyoung and held his shoulder, leaving you alone, perplexed.

---
will be updating in a few weeks T--T

it's supposed to be yejin instead of yerin. omg y'all i suddenly forgot the main character's name. my apologies- JAJAJAJ

and thank u to the person who noticed :'))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2K 887 52
Working as a Maid in the mansion of a married coupleā™”I find myself falling for Mr Park while trying hard to let the feeling pass with his cold appear...
152K 4.3K 37
Where a girl falls in love with a boy because of a skating rink and a phone. started: 08/26/2020 ended: 10/16/2020
6.8K 589 33
A roller skating girl gets entangled with an ice skating boy. Park Sunghoon, the best in his sport and the school's most popular boy suddenly seems t...
54.9K 2.6K 20
"i'm deeply in love with you, jay." wherein the cold-hearted student council president or also called the ice prince, having a huge crush on the new...