Forever โœ“

By capstars

[๐‚๐Ž๐Œ๐๐‹๐„๐“๐„๐ƒ] ๐…๐Ž๐‘๐„๐•๐„๐‘. โ” โSatoria King never expected to see her ex-boyfriend after five years... More

forever
soundtrack
prologue
๐ข | the aftermath
๐ข๐ข | the curiosity
๐ข๐ข๐ข | the overthinker
๐ข๐ฏ | the birthday boy
๐ฏ | the embarrassment
๐ฏ๐ข | the three strikes
๐ฏ๐ข๐ข | the fake jordan guy
๐ฏ๐ข๐ข๐ข | the clichรฉ
๐ข๐ฑ | the fall of satoria king
๐ฑ๐ข | the game of uno
๐ฑ๐ข๐ข | the forever and then some
thank you + annoucement
๐›๐จ๐ง๐ฎ๐ฌ | the dining & smiles + book 2 posted!

๐ฑ | the racing heart

1.6K 94 49
By capstars

══════════════════

𝟏𝟎 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 ── ««

❝We need to talk.

══════════════════

"AND THEN HE TRIED to slap me with the beef jerky, and I was like 'dude? do you know who I am?' Seriously little man, you need to come visit again and I can't deal with this shit alone anymore. Mom and dad have no singular care of what happens unless it's for the company―but until I accidentally get into a fight with this fucking asshole at this stupid club I'm suddenly the horrible child―"

He wasn't listening.

His ears were buzzing from the conversation with his brother. And although Theo didn't interject into his little rant, it still didn't help the fact that he had other things to do.

It's been a week since he's last seen her ethereal face and for the past few days he's been spending it in front of his mirror trying to prepare himself for this day. The conversations with Demi opened his eyes, but looking into her beautiful eyes gave him the courage to do what he wanted for their future together.

He wanted to get his baby back.

Theo had come to the conclusion that accepting his feelings could remove all the stress in his life. He wanted her to be his again―no he needed it. He wanted to hold her in his arms and caress his lips with hers for them to lay in each other's comfort all day. And Theo missed the love–making they dwelled in to make their hearts brush against their chests, and he'd do anything, just anything for it to happen again.

Seeing her in that salon was a sign. It was a sign that they were meant to be. He hated himself for breaking up with her, and he knew it was one of the biggest mistakes of his life. The fear that took over his state of mind got the best of him, and he automatically jumped to random conclusions that they'd never last. That their promises could be easily broken, but that was what made him lose the best thing in his twenty-four years of living.

Theo felt guilty as he stared at the past pictures of them that he never deleted. As his brother ranted in the background, his hazel eyes focused on the sight of their happiness. He didn't truly realize how happy she was with him. She looked bright and full of life as they stared at each other in the picture. Their arms surrounded their frames and he could remember multiple people 'awwing' at them since they looked too in love. And he missed it.

Their breakup, Mya, and the heartbreak were all stops along the way. They were truly meant to be forever.

"―Theo!"

Andddddd, there was reality again.

Caleb Porter was Theo's older brother, and they were polar opposites. Caleb loved talking with confidence and superiority. He never failed to make sure that everyone knew who he was. And since he was the firstborn of Charlie and Elizabeth Porter, he got a lot of recognition from their high status. Theo never really told anybody about his other sibling. It's not like he was embarrassed of him, because he wasn't. It never came up in conversation, and Caleb was a wild one for sure.

"Caleb, what shit is happening to you now?"

Theo could hear a grunt of frustration through the phone, "I just told you! If you were a good brother and actually listened to what I've been saying then maybe you could understand. You know, the more you listen the more you―"

"―obtain knowledge. You don't have to rant twenty-four hours of the day," Theo grumbled as he closed his eyes and took a deep breath, "You were saying how you got into a fight with some guy because of some jerky. He slapped you with it, and then you got in trouble with mom and dad, correct?"

There was a pause, "So how much of an idiot are you to ask me what was happening if you already knew?"

"I meant what was happening to you now. Your life moves so fast I can barely keep up."

Theo could imagine him rolling his eyes, "Yeah right. It's not my fault your life is boring as hell."

"What―that's not true!" His lips sputtered in surprise.

"Not true my ass. If it's not true then I passed all my classes in my last year of highschool."

"But you didn't―oh." And he felt stupid when he failed to realize Caleb's sarcasm.

"Dumbass," Caleb's voice mumbled, a light chuckle could be heard from the phone speaker, "If your life is sooo risky, then tell me one thing you've done this week that was so crazy."

Theo didn't reply.

"Exactly. B–O–R–N–G―oh shit I forgot the 'I'. B–O–R–I–N–G―"

"I hugged my ex." Theo spoke unthinkingly. A blush began to form on his cheeks as he remembered the way her waist fit perfectly in his hands. A little slip could have had his hand exactly on her―

Caleb's laugh interrupted his harsh thinking, "That's embarrassing. You're lucky I'm your brother because telling anybody else that would have you pinned on lockers."

"That's mean."

"Theo, you just told me the craziest thing you've done this week was hug your ex. Who cares if you hugged Mya? She was crazy anyway and I'm thankful she's officially out of my life," Caleb blew a relieved breath, "Sounds like ninety–nine percent of my problems are officially taken care of."

So everyone in my life hated Mya at some point? Theo thought. First Demi and now his older brother? How come he didn't notice this any earlier?

"First of all, being a normal person isn't embarrassing. Second of all, I'm not talking about Mya. I'm talking about―"

"Kayla, right? Isn't that the girl from the party we went to a few months ago and before you guys could do anything you ran out the room?"

"Caleb, that was the bartender and I'm pretty sure she was one of your one–night stands."

"And that has any relevance to me because.....?"

Theo rolled his eyes at Caleb's clueless playboy ways, "Satoria! Her name is Satoria. Remember the girl from highschool that I was really obsessed with? I talked about her all the time." a dream–like smile came onto his lips when he remembered coming home from school excitedly when the girl he's been asking out for weeks finally said yes.

It took too long for Satoria to agree to become official with Theo. She was cold and distant to anybody unless you were family or her friend, and since Theo came from a rich friend she predicted that he would be an annoying asshole who didn't have a care about anybody but himself. But he proved her wrong.

"Oh wait―I remember her! You guys were so cute it was actually disgusting. Made me want to throw up all the time."

Theo ignored his jab and rolled his eyes, "She's the ex that I ran into and so far we've been talking," he paused and let out a deep sigh. The A/C of the apartment didn't do a good job in cooling him down, "And I think I want to take another shot. Any advice?"

"Be yourself, but don't be yourself."

Theo furrowed his brows and his eyes went to the phone that sat on the table, "Excuse me?"

"I'll rephrase that," Theo was surprised he knew big words like 'rephrase' but he didn't care much about that right now. He was focused on getting his girl back, "I know how you are. You'll try to impress her by getting her all those different types of big presents and I've met her a few times in my life. She'll probably be anything but impressed. Just be yourself. Maybe get her some flowers."

"She hates shit like that."

"Chocolate?"

"It's summer, it's going to melt."

"Perfume?"

"She has her own natural scent that smells really good."

"Bracelet?"

"Why would I get her that?"

A grunt of frustration was heard from the other line of the call, "Then what can you possibly get her then?"

"Instead of buying her anything I'll just bring myself."

Theo could imagine Caleb's smile and him running his hand through his brown hair that was dyed blonde at the tips, "You're learning, little man. You're learning."

A sigh escaped his lips, "Thank you, Caleb. Your advice―surprisingly helped."

"Whatever you little shit, now do me a favor and get your girl."

And that's exactly what he went to do.

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

Theo's nervous tendencies just had to kick in at the wrong time didn't it? His hand grasped the steering wheel as he looked out of the passenger's side window, his lips pouting at the imagery of her rejecting him. The weather was hot, which also sucked since he'd already have some sort of inward anxiety. He knew that what he was about to do could have a negative or positive impact on their relationship―if he would even call it that―and that's what he was scared about the most. It was either perfectly good, or was completely horrible―there was no in between.

The brunet opened his side of the door and walked up the stone path to the small house. He eyed the brown front door before running his hand through his curls and wiping his hand on his black joggers. His hand clenched into a fist and knocked on the hardwood about three times.

He swore anybody within a fifty mile radius could hear his heartbeat.

It took about twenty seconds before he could hear the familiar pitter patter of someone's footsteps. The door then opened on the opposite side and revealed to be the familiar figure of his best friend's sister's best friend―confusing right?

"Theo's here!" Mason exclaimed as his little face lit up at the sight of the man. He turned his head to look at his mom―who was angry that he went to open the door by himself―and waved her over, "Hurry mommy! He's here!"

Sapphire's tired face appeared next to her son. She was still in her pajamas even though it was a little late in the afternoon, and her bonnet still covered the hair that was underneath. Her eyes seemed confused on who this 'Theo' was until her brown eyes laid onto the tall figure that stood in front of her, "Are my eyes deceiving me or is it really Theo Porter standing outside my home?"

Theo released a chuckle through his spine–chilled state, "It's really me, Sapphire. I've heard you've been doing good."

Sapphire gaped at him as if she still couldn't believe her eyes, "Yeah whatever I'm fine―but you! Sam really wasn't lying when she said you came back, but why? And more importantly why wasn't I aware of this?"

"Satoria didn't tell you?"

"Tori," That damn nickname, "Didn't tell me at all. I thought Sam was lying but you're actually here. With a whole new accent and all, but don't think I forgot how you broke my sister's heart."

Her sister's heart. Right.

"Um–yeah. But speaking of your older sister I really need to talk to her," His deep voice seemed urgent and the shaky voice came back, "I'm so sorry to cut this short and I promise we'll continue this," His hazel eyes rested on Mason's small figure, "And I know you're wishing Lee was here, I promise I'll bring her over one day, okay?"

Mason's became even more excited than before, "Yay!" The five year old ran back into the deeper part of his house, probably having more fantasies between him and Leeyah. But his mother's glare rested on him as she crossed her arms and popped her hip out. Motherhood looked different on her, Theo thought.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't shoo you off my porch."

"Because I want your sister back." He rushed out, grimacing at the glare that heatedly grew at his words.

Sapphire scoffed in disbelief, "Fuck that."

Luckily for Theo, he came prepared. Anyone with two eyes could see the protectiveness the King sisters had for one another. Especially after all the things men have done to their family, it left a mark of hesitation for them. So in all honesty, he didn't blame her for her actions. In fact, he was happy. Satoria surrounded herself with great people who loved and cared for her–it was what she deserved.

A baby smile came onto his lips as he remained cool and collected. Don't freak out, the man thought as he stared back at her daring expression. "I never got over her. Even if we were kids, so what? She's honestly the person who changed my life forever. Seeing her again has already made everything better. She can make my life worth living."

Sapphire narrowed her eyes, uncrossing her arms and grabbing his arm. She dragged him inside the home–not forgetting to close the front door–and wrapped her arms around his chest, patting his back but increasing the power of the hit as she continued talking, "I believe you. I know when you're lying so I guess I'll allow it. Something's been up with her these past few days, it's not negative, but it's not positive at the same time. Hurt her again? You'll wish you never had a life worth living."

Theo's smile never fell from his face. Instead, it grew at her threat and his arms brought her into a mini hug before sighing and looking down at her. She released herself from him and called Satoria down without removing her gaze from his, "Tori!"

She whispered a little so her older sister couldn't hear them talking, "She just got out the shower."

His eyes widened at the memory of her naked body as they showered together, but he shook his head and stared ahead. Sapphire called her down again, "Tori! Get down here or I'm telling Sam to raid your snacks again!"

Theodore heard her footsteps.

Satoria rushed down the stairs in a frenzy. She had a pair of biker shorts and she just finished pulling down her t–shirt. Her hair was in her pineapple hairstyle and she looked worried with a sprinkle of annoyance, "Sapphire I swear to fucking–"

Her words came to a stop at the sight of her ex–lover staring at her. Usually, Tori could see the nervousness on his face and although it was still present, there was another emotion existing on his face. It was a certain fondness and intimacy that appeared in his eyes as he stared at her.

"W–what's going on here?"

"Theo," Sapphire raised a hand to gesture to him, "Came here to talk to you. Said it was important."

"Is this another playdate? I can bring Mason down if you want―"

"N–no! I–I just need to talk to you. It's pretty serious and important." Theo smiled nervously.

Theo felt a tinge of guilt as Satoria's face dropped and blinked confusedly. Her eyes narrowed in her sister's direction as if she's scolding her with a 'what did you do?' expression before looking at Theo. Tori rolled her eyes playfully and nodded her head to the living room (not before Sapphire gave her a look while wiggling her eyebrows and going upstairs). She sat on the comfortable couch and expected Theo to sit along with her but when he began to pace in front of her her bafflement evolved.

"We need to talk."

"I can see that." Tori nodded.

A look of hesitation spread across his face before he gave himself a mental prep, "I―I miss you."

There was a pause.

"What?"

"I miss you, Satoria. I miss everything about you and seeing you so close but so far is torture for me. I–I need you."

He stopped pacing and stood in front of her. Her scent was intoxicating, like an addiction that he adored. He crouched down in front of her and stared deep into her light brown eyes. Theo could see the way she wanted to resist but she couldn't. She wanted to put her borders back up, but she simply couldn't. And he knew that she felt the way he felt.

"I can't forget about you. Seeing you after five years was like a breath of fresh air. I felt relieved and I've realized that nothing ever changed. You still mean everything to me, Satoria."

Satoria sighed and swallowed loudly and closed her eyes, "Theo, we can't just–"

"And why not?"

"Because you broke me!" Her voice began to raise frustration. She stood from her seated position and stared at him with anger in her eyes, "You ended it Theo! Tore my heart into fucking pieces because of your selfishness!" Her voice turned into a whisper, "And you were so much of a coward that you didn't even have the balls to do it to my fucking face."

Theo expected the anger. He expected the pain to come with the beg for forgiveness, but he didn't think it'd hurt this much. He knew what he did and he was disgusted with himself for his past actions. He was just a terrified kid who didn't know what to do with his fear, and believed that the love of his life truly deserved so much better than a horrible person like him.

"Satoria–"

"No–hell no. If you think that we're doing this again then you have the wrong idea." She got closer to him, pointing a finger at his chest.

This isn't how this is supposed to go. He would wait for years if it meant that he'd have her by his side again. He needed to do this. And he needed her to listen.

His hand grabbed her hand that was pointed to his chest. He spread her fingers apart and aligned his hand to hers perfectly as they were raised in the air. Her hand looked tiny compared to his, "You see this? It fits perfectly. After so long, this hasn't changed." Theo saw the indifference in her eyes, staring at the sight of their hands together. He lifted his other hand and gently grabbed her cheek, "You still make my heart race."

"We're over."

"No we're not."

"Yeah? And what makes you say that?"

"Because if we were really over you wouldn't be touching my hand right now."

Satoria paused and removed her eyes from their hands and looked into his eyes. His deep voice filled the room again as he continued, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for what I put you through and you deserve so much better than me. Everything about you is better than me but I just can't let you go. I was stupid and reckless and I didn't know any better then to push you away so you'd have something that you actually deserve."

"I loved you." Tori mumbled as her eyes tried to hold back her tears.

"I know, and I fucked up. I'm so sorry, baby."

He continued, "I know how you are. And I also know that no matter how much you try to hide it, you feel the same way I do." Theo's hand that was on her cheek fell to her arm and caressed the matching star tattoo that rested in its place. Her eyes went to the place where he looked and her breath hitched at the soft feeling of his finger. He gently leaned his forehead against hers. "You still have this tattoo."

Satoria―like the funny woman she is―still had some suffering that she wanted him to go through. And Theo didn't mind it. Her breathing was hard, and their lips brushing against each other as she came up with a witty retort, "Laser removal hurts."

"Bullshit, like you couldn't handle it." He whispered, his accent coming out more.

The smell of honeysuckle and lavender intertwined together. Their noses brushed against each other. Theo eyes her plump lips, they looked soft―inviting even. And the way she eyed his with the same hooded expression threw all the attempts at going slow out the window.

"Tori."

"I think I remember telling you not to call me that." She mumbled.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked breathlessly.

He waited patiently as she paused.

"Yes."

And then their lips met.

Theo couldn't really remember who's lips kissed who's, but the first thing he felt was the fire. The attraction and the desire overwhelmed his senses. He felt her slowly start to kiss back and it made his mind run at hundreds of miles per hour as their lips mingled together. The hands that were raised in the air were intertwined by Theo and his thumb rubbed the back of her hand, pushing his head closer to her mouth. Kissing her wasn't just an action. It was an....experience. It's been a while since he's been familiarized with her soft lips. But as his touched hers, in their five years apart nothing's changed. A fire rose from inside his veins, and he began to channel the warmth into the kiss to fill it with passion. Everything around them was gone. He was sure that he was seeing stars. And even in the bright summer horizon, the heavenly bodies took over his dark vision, and her angelic scent simply seemed cosmic.

He just wanted to do more, but he couldn't just yet.

But he'd wait a million times over.

Theo reluctantly pulled his lips away from hers, but they still touched. He gave her one peck, and another, then another, until they both smiled against each other's lips from his failure to back away, "I missed doing that."

"I guess I did too." Tori murmured, forcing a smile off of her face.

"I love you, Tori. In fact, I don't think I ever stopped."

Her breath hitched at his confession.

He saw a tear fall down her cheek and he wanted to wipe it away and kiss her until she felt better but a chuckle of disbelief stopped his actions, "Theo, I just need to think about this before we do anything. Give me time alright?"

He'd wait forever.

"Of course. I just need you to clarify, is this you saying no?"

"It's not me saying no, Theo. I just want to think about this. I'm not gonna lie and say I haven't felt anything since you've come back, but you still broke my heart and―"

"I get it."

A breath of relief escaped her lips, "Thank you for understanding."

"Don't thank me. I should be thanking you―so thank you for thinking about it, Tori. I won't disappoint you."

"You better not."

His eyes stared into hers again before smiling once more, "Can I kiss you one more time? I want something to keep me going for the week."

She rolled her eyes playfully, "Fine, Theo."

And their lips met once again.

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

AUTHOR'S NOTE: hi guys

i finished writing the whole story already so now im just editing the chapters. im really nervous on this chapter because i dont want things to go too fast. this book is short but i still want the 'slowburn' feeling ya know?

i wanted to make it realistic. obviously, tori isn't going to forgive theo right away. and shes not gonna jump into a relationship with him so fast. but that doesnt mean she cant just own up to the feelings shes been denying for a while.

cutting this author's note a little short because of the other updates! ily guys sm drink some water you're so beautiful.

~precious <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296K 13.5K 43
We're both broken and torn apart. We've been through so much and we don't know where to start, but as long as we're together we don't have to travel...
88.5K 3.9K 32
"Look at me" He caresses my chin "Look into my eyes and see the truth, don't shy away from me, face my feelings and accept them. You already know." H...
538K 7.4K 8
COMPLETE ๐Ÿ™‚ Finally finding herself and gaining confidence after having a hard young life, Kimone goes off to find herself in the world only to find...
452K 17.1K 30
"Why wonโ€™t you let me in?!" He cried in frustration clenching his fists together with an undeniable passion, raising his strong arms. I stared hopele...