𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏�...

By Tavisshid

Katherine Forsythe has had a difficult life. Being abused for almost her whole life by her mother and her ste... More

Intro and Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
A/N
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Character Update
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
!Questions!
Chapter 22
!Answers!
Chapter 23
ℂ𝕒𝕤𝕥
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Goodbye
Announcement
Bonus Chapter
New Book!!

Chapter 24

31.3K 755 283
By Tavisshid

The silence in the room was demeaning. Every one was as still as a statue, no one daring to actually say something. "Uh...I'm gonna go have a shower. Yes. I am going to take a shower." I finally said shaking my head vigorously. And sprinted up to my room.

In my room I could finally breathe. I didn't even know why I came here and why the hell did I have to go and open my big mouth! Ughhh. I hated this. I hated confrontation as a whole which is also why hiding your emotions deep deep down was always better.

In the end I did decide to take a shower. I let the day's events get washed away by the water along with the blood that was still stuck under my fingernails. Combing out I changed into normal grey sweatpants along with a zip up hoodie with a sports bra underneath it.

If I was going to tell them the truth about the past, I'm also gonna have to show some tangible proof with it. It didn't matter how much I hoped, they did hear me loud and clear and this wasn't a conversation that was going to be evaded no matter how I tried so there wasn't any point in trying.

Talking an exceedingly long walk downstairs, I finally entered the living room to see all of the others were still there. Xavier and Alex were sitting with their backs towards me, they were facing Dante and Marco who were sat at the couch, while Luca was the only one who wasn't sitting.  Standing by the doorway arms crossed.

As I got further in the sound of my footsteps seemed to draw the others out of whatever trance they were in. Alex got up with a start, gesturing for me to take the seat he previously occupied, I took a seat silently. No one said anything, and after a beat of silence I started to feel like I was suffocating.

"So..." I trailed off, I didn't even know how to start. How would I possibly start explaining years worth of torture. "Where do you want me to start?" I couldn't meet their eyes, it was too overwhelming. "From the beginning. And take your time."  I scoffed at that. "We're going to be here a while." I looked up to meet Alex's eyes. And I saw something flash in his eyes before he covered it up "We have all night."

I took a deep, long breath, you can do this Kate. You've been through worse, this is nothing.

"The story begins at five. Or at least that's the earliest time I remember. I don't think I can remember a time when things were 'good' it had always been bad. When I was young it was shouting and the occasional slaps. I cooked for myself more or less. Took care of myself, walked to school alone. In a just I was an adult by the age of 7.

That is when things started to take a turn for the worse. By the time I turned 7 punches and kicks were thrown into the mix, I was still pretty independent expect by now our mother and her boyfriend stopped taking care of the groceries, so it was me who used to get the food for the house, they never let me eat any of it, but I still somehow snuck some for myself.

And then as I got older they got worse, mom and Jason started doing more drugs, and alcohol. The lessons as they used to call them which was just a way of saying beatings got a lot more regular,sometimes more than once a day. I got less and less food meaning I had to get jobs to feed myself which was pretty hard for a 10 year old.

Then they started using weapons, beer bottles, knives, bricks basically anything they could get their hands on." My hand subconsciously went to the scar on my rib thumbing it slightly as images of that horrific night flashed in front of my eyes. There was a strain in my voice, stupid fucking emotions.

"I tried running away once, didn't turn out great. I could give you more detailed accounts of what happened but I'm pretty sure neither of us want that." I looked back up to see Xavier, tears were pooling in my eyes, blinked hard trying to get rid them.

"No... no this can't be. Mom- she -she wouldn't-." I didn't let Luca finish. Standing up I opened my hoodie, taking it off I faced him. His face whitened as if he had seen a ghost, turning around I gave him a look of my back, this time he actually gasped out loud. I didn't blame him, the back part was truly horrific.

As I faced him "Believe me now?" Luca was stuttering to get an answer out, "You told me that day. When you came back home at 4:30 in morning. You said that you knew I was hiding something....you were right."Luca remained silent.

I turned to the rest of my family, there were so many emotions present on their faces- pity,anger, guilt, dread, horror and most prominent of all shock. I could tell very clearly that they didn't expect this and moreover they didn't expect their mother to be the one to do this.

I cleared my throat breaking them out of a trance they were in "So that pretty much concludes my story." I sat back down on the couch, staring hard at the coffee table, my head seemed to be pounding, there was an incessant ringing in the back of my head, and it was like I was seeing flashbacks every once in a while.

"I don't get it." Dante said breaking the silence that loomed over us like a sword hanging by a slim thread. "What?" I asked. "If she didn't want you. If she never truly cared. Why the fuck did she take you and leave?" I was confused at that. Jasmine always went out of her way to remind me why she took me. Did our father never tell them.

"He never told you?" Still not looking up. I received a no from Dante and Marco, Luca's answer was pretty obvious but the eldest two remained quite, one look of their face and saw guilt practically written on their forehead. "He told you two." I said more as a statement rather than a question.

"The youngest three pounced on them with questions, "Okay, okay. Just calm down. Yes he told us but we just couldn't do that you. I mean come on, he told us a year before he died and by the time we came to terms with why mom left dad left to and we just couldn't hurt you guys more."

"I still want to know why she left." Marco spoke up, and right now I was more than happy to let the others know. "Jasmine, you oh so sweet mother had an affair with Jason. They were about to have a baby.  So your mother chose to leave dad. But like the psychopath I remember her to be she didn't want to leave with out money. Enough to last her a while but like a sensible human being our father disagreed. So she took me, as a way to show him that no matter he has the money she can still destroy him."

Xavier looked as if his brain was broken trying to piece a sentence together "So you were just..." "Caught in the crossfire." I finished for him. "What happened to the baby?" Luca asked, it was the first time he talked in a while. "Miscarriage. And you know thank fucking god that it didn't come into this world, Jasmine and Jason would have ruined that baby's life before it even got to live it."

For some godforsaken my brain was in a mood to let out a word vomit so the next thing I said shocked even me. "I know what you guys do." Every eye turned to me at lightning speed. "What? Of course you know what we do. We have told you."

"Yeah, no I'm not talking about the bullshit lie you guys fed me. I'm talking about the Italian mafia. You know the one with guns and drugs and shit." The conversation was steering off from my tragic fucking backstory, which led to my confidence and bitchiness slowly flowing back into my system. I leaned back on the couch crossing my legs and spreading my arms over the back of the couch.

"Wh- wha-what? What are you talking about?" Alex asked but before I could answer Xavier spoke up "How did you know?" "XAV!" Alex exclaimed but he was just ignored as my eldest brother stared at me with a questioning gaze.

"Well, you guys aren't very good at hiding your weapons which is kind of concerning given you literally lead a mafia, your bullshit rule about not going into the basement and Io parlo Italiano."
( I speak Italian.)

Their faces again went to shock, but this time it seemed a lot funnier than the first time. Xavier opened his mouth but I had one more trick I wanted to show off. "Also, if imply hunch is right which it usually is, under this couch you would find..." I reached down under the couch and just as I had suspected I pulled out the gun taped under, placing it on the table.

"How the fuck do you know all of this? How did you figure this fuck out?" Xavier asked or more like yelled. Of this was the part I was going to enjoy. It was truly concerning how only a few minutes ago I was about to have a mental breakdown and now I smirking at my older brother about to tell him something that's about to change his fucking life.

"You know Knight Ryder?" "The street fighter, racer and a famous assassin? Yes I know Knight Ryder. Every person in the crime world knows her. How do you?" I pulled my most innocent, little girl face "Oh no I don't know her." And after an antagonising pause

"I am her."

"What?"
"Oh my god!"
"Are you fucking  serious?"
"Holy shit! That's cool."
"You killed a guy with a toothpick?!"

Their shouts echoed over each other, but I silenced them. "Yes I am an assassin, but you guys aren't all that innocent either okay. And before you ask I had to do it to survive, needed to make money and apparently stopping people's hearts pays handsomely. Also yes, I know the Turkish mafia, yes I did jobs with him. He is my best fucking friend, so tread lightly. I will kill each and every one of you without a second thought if you take a jab at Eren."

After a few more minutes of silence, Alex led the others to bed telling the, we should talk tomorrow. I stayed on the couch, I didn't want to go to my room, within the four walls of my room, my personal walls would come down and right now I don't think I even want to think about what I might do when in there.

I hadn't realised that Xavier had stayed back, until he sat beside me. "I'm not gonna cry." "I know you're not. Just sitting here in case you want to you know... hug or talk." "In case I want to hug..." my face was twisted in disgust."Yeah thanks you but no." "Okay" he simply answered but stayed there.

Neither of us said anything for a long time, and I hated my stupid brain for betraying me but I could feel my eyes welling up, my throat felt like there was stone stuck in between, and my hands started to shake. I hated my body even more as I latched on to Xavier like a fucking koala bear. Tears streaming down my face in silence as I sobbed in between a couple of times.

Xavier didn't speak just ran his hands through my hair in a comforting way, soon as the tears dried up and exhaustion took over my body I felt my self slip into the delicious state of sleep.

I woke up to banging noise, looking around I realised I was in my bed, Xavier must have put me there. A small smile formed on my face, it's the little things that make me realise he does care. The banging noise caught my attention again. It sounding like someone hitting a punching bag, I descended the steps carefully, on the ground floor again I walked towards the gym.

The increase in volume confirmed my suspicions. I opened the door silently, not wanting to make my presence known yet. Inside was Luca, in a pair of sweats and an undershirt. He was hitting the punching bag repeatedly, and by his sloppy technique I wasn't hard to figure out that he was 8n now way training. He was letting out his anger.

I think it was an appropriate time to let him know I was here. I walked across the gym floor, towards the bench where the supplies were kept. The punching sounds stopped abruptly. "What are you doing here?" I didn't answer yet, I was focused on wrapping my hands in the tape.

Once I was satisfied I entered the ring opposite Luca, moving the punching bag to the side. "Fighting with real people is a lot more satisfying." "What are you doing?" I looked back up at him "Getting in position." I shrugged.

"Don't you think we should talk, after what just happened." That was not happening. I didn't even know why I was here in the first place but I knew damn well that we weren't going to talk.

"I have talked and screamed and listened and cried today. Now I want to fight."

———————————————————
Hello people! The truth is out. YESSS!!

We have finally uncovered the first big plot, now we're gonna move onto the next big plot line. Upcoming chapter will also include some lighthearted ones,to make up for all the heavy chapters I have shoved in all your faces!

Tell me what you all think and what you are expecting!!

Love you all!💕💕✨✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

608K 11.4K 41
Book #1 (Tainted Scars Series) He grabbed my waist and pulled me down into his lap. "Do I have to fuck you in front of your brother? Is that what it...
964K 30.9K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
180K 4K 98
*NOT FINISHED* I'm tired of fighting...... AMORA!" My uncle yells while i'm trying to open my eyes. I'm sitting in a the corner of the house with he...
241K 11.1K 71
Just when Maya thought it was possible to outrun her past, he caught up with her once more. Maya's uncle had been on the run ever since that terrible...