๐ˆ๐‹๐‹๐ˆ๐‚๐ˆ๐“ ๐“๐„๐Œ๐๐“๐€๐“...

By cleopatra-x

Book one of the temptation series AND ISN'T A STANDALONE โฆ๏ธŽ๐ˆ ๐ก๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ˆ... More

AESTHETIC & NOTE
01|ukiyo
02|Arcane
3|Solivagant
4|nemesism
6|muckrake
7|abscond
8|raiva
9|multum
10|yลซgen
11|mancanza di fiducia
12|serendipity
13|litotes
14|Kef
15|choque
16|la caccia
17|beatinest
18|moira
19|aspettati l'inaspettato
20|escuridรฃo
21|Inanitation
22|dolent
23|animus
24|charientism
25|flumadiddle
26|apodyopsis
27|Mauvais
28|frission
29|incalescent
30|diaphonus
31|delusione
32|Surpresa
33|lust
34|agowilt
35|discombobulated
36|alethiology
37|bugie
38|Descobrindo um novo sentimento
39|Lust
40|backpfeifengesicht
41|confessione
42|ustulation
43|sangue
44|Wonderment
45|ferly
46|hamartia
47|Ruing
48|tristful
49| irresistible temptation
epilogue
Heaven and Hell
Author's not *Important*

5|saudade

11K 394 268
By cleopatra-x

Saudade:(n.) a nostalgic longing to be near again to something or someone distant, or that has been loved and lost" the love that remains"

*3 months later*

After I got out of jail, I had 2 weeks until I graduated from the police academy. Those weeks were a nervous wreck for me, I spent a massive amount of time studying for the finals. I had done a lot of tough work because I love the course so much. Surely, Seth and Juliane were the biggest supporters in my journey besides my family to become a patrol officer by earning a college degree in criminal justice, criminology, forensic science, but I wasn't determined to stop there.

I will either apply for a criminal investigator or earn a promotion. That 10 days I spent in a cell between four walls made me struggle in getting hired in a police department. However, with the help of papai, I got employed in NYC and bought my penthouse there.

I consumed 2 months of learning and earning the necessary experience for criminal investigation. Sometimes it is disgusting to be in the same room with rapists and murders, they have twisted minds.

It was simple to pass the background and the drug test. I hadn't had drugs since I was in high school, it is cleared from my system.

My job interviewer was an old CI, shorter by few inches from my five-six figure. Still, we got along very well, my interview lasted 4 hours of questions, I had the right answers to and I passed it. I am officially a CI. I am so proud of myself and what I had achieved so far.

Now I can legally destroy Emilio Donatiello. I look at myself in the mirror, it is a habit for me now, every day to admire myself. I need a haircut, my flame-red hair is growing fast and I don't like it. A, because when so, I'd be frustrated at it on another level and B, I am too lazy to style it. A short length hair is the best in my opinion.

I look pretty today for a dinner at my parents'.I hadn't seen them in a week or so. Arabella, my 8-year-old sister is enjoying her life. She is probably having fun there without me. That shit spends her whole day on the tablet watching idiotic youtube videos or TikTok.

_______________

I step out of the car, hearing Bella's giggles from inside. Once she hears my engine, she rushes out to hug me I gotta admit I miss her. Her set of brunette braids are flying in the air. She jumps on me, wrapping her tiny body around my slim one. I press my face into her hair, place her on the ground and rub her back lightly. "How are your little one?"I ask her, taking my hands in hers and heading towards the door.

"Papai got me a new squirrel "She squealed with happiness, Bella always wanted one since she was 5.

I frown noticing my papa's missing vichele in the parking lot."You are too beautiful for that frown, minha filha precise" my mamma said, as she follows us into the room. I meet her hazel eyes, "Where is papai?" I narrow my eyes at her.

Arabella had disappeared into the hall, leaving us alone." I have no idea, he doesn't tell me where he invests his time" she said, looking at me under her dark eyelashes with a gloomy yet suspicious- expression. The smell of food filled my nostrils.

"I need to grab some stuff from my room, papai better be here when I am done"I make my way upstairs, waving my hand.

I hear her mumble in Brazilian, but I couldn't understand. I was about to enter my room when someone stormed, slamming the door against the wall. It was Paulo, why was he so aggressive?
I rush downstairs, skipping double ones. Mamae is shuffling and pacing through the kitchen island. I don't see Arabella.

"Valentina, ver Aqui"papai shouts, turning the TV on. He is stood in the middle, his muscular body tensed, he clenched his jaw. His bitter brown eyes fixed on it.
(Come here)
"I am here, papai"I nervously answer, searching his face for any clue or explanation of what is happening.

"Come here" He repeats and stretches his arms wide, gesturing me for a hug. What the flying fuck is happening? Dad wasn't the type of dad who offers hugs and emotional supporter-only financial.

"W-what is going on"I turn my head, placing my head on his hard, firm chest. He gives me a warm hug, that pushes calmness into my veins. I jump startled by the sound of glass shattering. She cries out loud, her body falls to the floor sobbing out loud.

I am confused.

I look into my dad's eyes guilt and sympathy filling them. I stared at the TV in the corner of the kitchen, hardly processing the newscaster's voice, but when murder passed her ruby red lips, the word resounded in my mind. My throat tightened as I twisted the ring on my middle finger.

"Juliane Ramirez and Seth Torres' corpses were found at the port"She rolls the r at the end. Papai instantly shuts the TV. I feel my heartbeats stop, my eyes widened. I clutched the hem of my shirt trying to process all that shit.

W-what.the.hell?

My lips are trembling, tears fight their way on my cheeks, streaming rapidly. I am utterly shocked.

Then it came all crashing into me, My best friend and boyfriend just died. My nerves are on fire. They just disappeared like that.No more Juliane, No more Seth. What the fuck, I was supposed to marry him. I was supposed to roam the world with Juliane. Why just why?

Numbness is all I feel nothing else. I miss them already, how will I live without my two most precious people?. My childhood friend, my boyfriend and my future husband are not here anymore nor Juliane.

I know everything is temporary, but not like this, I hadn't spent enough time with them yet. I sob into papa's chest. My breaths are heavy and fast. I depend on them for plenty of my routine.

The best advice I once heard is "Don't get too attached, they always leave"They just did.

This will leave a humongous hole in my heart, brain and life.

I am sure 100% that he did this. It is him. Emilio donatiello. I am sure he is the one behind all this chaos. He took his revenge by killing them.

Nevertheless, let me tell you and as he said: "two can play this game". This strike won't let me fall and back off, I won't allow him to win this no matter how much it costs me. In the end, one will win and it will be me.

"Did they assign their case to somebody yet?"I ask anxiously, pulling back from his embrace.

"No, I assume"He stands up as I hear my phone ring. I press the accept bottom and answer the unknown number"Who is it?"I complained.

"Valentina, I sorry for your loss, but get your ass right here, now. They assigned you for their case"In one breathe he stated. It is Jasper my helper in the team.

"Wai-"He ends the call. I am too mentally exhausted to do this, I can't.

But I will. You can do this Valentina.

I grab my keys and my police ID to follow papai, I don't trust myself in this state to drive so I'll go with him.

Wait for me Emilio Donatiello, I will bring you to your knees one day.

Wait for the storm coming your way, you played the wrong card by messing with my people and I won't forgive you. This will grow my hatred for him more like feeding flames.

ꨄ︎

If you liked this chapter, consider giving it a vote:)

Follow my instgram for more:alluringmorticia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 74 10
I stepped into the doorway, turning back to look at him as he tucked his hands into his navy blue jean's pockets. Despite my obvious insecurity, I le...
1.1M 36.2K 48
BOOK 1 MATURE CONTENT 18+ Read at your own risk I slowly lifted the thin long sleeve over her head and she sat up a little in the process to help me...
227K 7K 70
"You deserved a real man to protect you and take care of you." Mm. So much for that. "How could I have done that sitting behind bars?" He takes my fa...
1.5M 31.2K 47
I push the feeling away and ultimately concentrate my gaze on his upper body, which still bears the traces of my lipstick. "You did not remove them?"...