To Be a Hero (Boku no Hero Ac...

By Carnameo

|BNHA x reader| Slight Pokemon x BNHA crossover| In a world filled with super-powered people, where the pheno... More

Disclaimer and Warning
❦ Zero
❦ One
❦ Two
❦ Three
❦ Four
❦ Five
❦ Six
❦ Seven
Halloween Special
❦ Eight
❦ Nine
❦ Ten
❦ Eleven
❦ Twelve
❦ Thirteen
Christmas Special (1)
Christmas Special (2)
❦ Fourteen
❦ Fifteen
❦ Sixteen
❦ Seventeen
❦ Eighteen
[QnA]
❦ Nineteen
❦ Twenty
❦ Twenty One
❦ Twenty Two
❦ Twenty Three
❦ Twenty Four
❦ Twenty Five
❦ Twenty six
❦ Twenty Seven
❦ Twenty Eight
❦ Twenty Nine
❦ Thirty
❦ Thirty One
❦ Thirty Two
❦ Thirty Three
❦ Thirty Four
❦ Thirty Five
❦ Thirty Six
❦ Thirty Eight
❦ Thirty Nine
❦ Forty
❦ Forty One
❦ Forty Two
❦ Forty Three
❦ Forty Four

❦ Thirty Seven

6.4K 277 551
By Carnameo

Recap: In the last chapter, memories of your talk with the officials regarding the Pokemon, their want to take them for an uncertain amount of time due to their fear of bad outlook amongst the public, and Aizawa's opportunity to change that during the Sports Festival, there's a lot in stake for you! Joining you in the newly created supplementary round, Sero, Momo, and Uraraka- You were pitted against Sero, who you were able to win against with your Pokemon, Mamoswine. However, Momo did not fare well in her battle with Uraraka, and you ended up comforting her...guiltily. With that, Uraraka and you are making your way to the 2nd round with the rest, as you learn your upcoming battle will be against Ibara, the vine girl from class B, while Uraraka will be versus against Iida. Upon learning that Midoriya's and Todoroki's battle is coming up very soon, you decided to join his walk down the stadium, where you were met with...Emboar.

❧❧❧

"ENDEAVOR?!" Midoriya screeched so loud you'd think he saw a ghost.

Midoriya was shocked, shook might be more accurate, that frankly, he did not hear your earlier statement, not that you wanted him to but he completely overshadowed whatever you just uttered. He blankly looked at the pro-hero in bafflement, incredibly stumped by this weird sudden interaction. It's like bumping into an overpowered character far too early in a video game, completely unexpected and frightening.

Amid the frantic screaming from Midoriya, you just simply tilted your head, narrowing your eyes all while you were in your own little world. You stated your statement already, but you felt like you needed to re-check. You looked at the man with an even more contemplated look.

...Yes. You tilted your head a bit in contemplation, nodding your head as seriously as possible. This man...truly looks like Emboar.

Pikachu snorted, covering his mouth while he leaned over your neck to snicker quietly. After everything that happened, you just had to mutter that, looking at the gigantic pro-hero blankly, almost contemplatively. Sometimes, Pikachu can't help but remember why he loves you so much...and he's pretty sure this is one of the reasons.

"Oh, there you are." The man hearing the screech in question, glanced at the two children before him, taking first notice of the person that's been withholding the Pokemon that stunned the stadium into amazement in scrutiny. His turquoise eyes flashed in recognition as they lingered on you, perhaps wondering what you just said with so much confidence before they briefly glance at the yellow mouse. There was a hint of something in his eyes as he looks at Pikachu, something that you noticed a bit before his eyes peered over at Midoriya's flabbergasted look.

Midoriya was panicking now that he had captured the Number 2 Hero in all of Japan's attention. Additionally, his classmate's father, Endeavor.

Seeing the Number 2 hero is much more different than seeing him on television- the aura around him was truly no joke. You remember seeing him briefly one time when the Pokemon were leisurely watching TV, the news channel broadcasting the flaming hero then. From watching him, you can tell how nonsensical of a man Endeavor was as he pummeled the villains that dared go against him. He was truly a fearful man, and it became much more apparent as the large man towered over both you and him.

The fiery man stopped before you both, eyes lingering on both the students before him under his scrutinizing glare. His eyes went to land on to you, you raising a brow in return. Just when he was about to open his mouth, Midoriya was quick to divert attention back to him.

"Endeavor...why are you here...?" Midoriya nervously croaked, gulping as he kept an outstretched hand in front of you subtly, pushing you backward with him. Of course, the hero noticed, but he didn't comment.

Midoriya swallowed, nervousness wallowing him until he heard your words through your light mumbling.

"...Wait, maybe Incineroar is more fitting." You eyed the hulking man, narrowing your eyes peculiarly. Midoriya sent you a worried stare, as you suddenly shook your head. "But Emboar is a good match too..."

You didn't look at your partner, Pikachu who was slightly deadpanning on your shoulders. "What do you think, Pikachu?" Pikachu side-eye, before begrudgingly nodding in agreement, garbling his thoughts which you could only hum too. "Hmm...yeah, I suppose that's true..."

'...W-Will (Last)-san be alright...?' Midoriya can't help but think you've gone completely mad. In all honesty, you were probably talking about a Pokemon, but he can't help but get whiplash by the suddenness. Is this what All Might means when he says he says nonsense? You might as well be getting his crown as the Prince of 'Nonsense' right now, maybe you'd be the princess instead.

W-Wait, He blushed. Those that mean you two are a couple as a prince and princess of nonsense?

No, Midoriya shook his head frantically. He knows that Endeavor is interested in the Pokemon from Todoroki, it being very briefly mentioned during their talk, but he wasn't sure how much. Nonetheless, he's got to be warier. Midoriya lightly glared, only making him look like a confused lamb trying to scare off a predator.

Endeavor narrowed his eyes at the defiant looks he's getting. He decided to address his business with Midoriya first since he at least wanted to get this conversation done. "I've seen your success...that's a wonderful quirk." He mused, raising his hand to point at him. "A strong blast with just a flick of your finger, just the power alone could rival All Might."

Both you and Midoriya had flinched. You stiffened readily, Pikachu shifting uncertainly. Although you just wanted to contemplate on which Pokemon would suit this pro-hero more, you decided to let it go in favor of backing up Midoriya if necessary. There was a bead of sweat running down from Midoriya's temple, as he looked away hesitantly. "W-What are you trying to say?" He intertwined his hand with your hastily, pulling you with him to walk past Endeavor. You awkwardly followed along. "Excuse us, we should go now..."

Midoriya softly guided you away- even though he was trying to be quick, he stayed soft for you. You wondered, glancing back to see the broad man's back. Does he have any indication of knowing about the origin of Midoriya's quirk? You sent wary stares to Deku, who's probably wondering about the same thing when-

"My Shoto has the duty to surpass All Might."

...So this is the guy huh? Your eyes narrowed down at the implication, Midoriya stopping from leaving at the pro's words. So this was the dad Todoroki spoke so 'highly' of. Now that you were within talking distance, you can say Todoroki was being pretty accurate with his description.

"His match with you will be a useful testing ground." Endeavor was peering behind his shoulders, but Midoriya didn't even turn his head. Instead, you did the light glaring in his steed. "Make sure...you don't put on a disgraceful match."

You raised a brow when Endeavor turned just a bit, "That's all I wanted to say to you." His eyes now were planted on to your form, as you unconsciously squeezed Midoriya's hand. Pikachu glowered, unsettled by the shift in this person's eyes. You raised a brow under the pro hero's harsh glare. "As for you...you're-,"

"I'm...not All Might." Midoriya abruptly voiced.

Both you and Endeavor shifted your attention to Deku, Pikachu cooed curiously as the fire pro-hero glared exasperatedly. "That's obvious-,"

"-It's obvious, right?" Midoriya was on a roll at cutting off this man. You gently squeezed his hand worriedly, but he only responded by squeezing it back just as sweetly, a thumb comfortingly swiping the back of your hand, as if he was assuring you. He turned to stare over his shoulders too, a serious and clear tinged to his tone. "But Todoroki-kun isn't you either."

And just like that, you were pulled away once again. Midoriya breaking eye contact with Endeavor first to stride away with you in tow. You peered back one last time to see the man watching as you both left. Not making any remarks else to what Midoriya said, silently glaring.

Pikachu harrumphed, his temper tested by the fire garbage man.

As you both walked off in the direction of the stadium hallway, silence followed through. From that unsettling conversation, you suppose it makes sense for the three of you to be silent. You tilted your head subtly Midoriya's way, trying to get him out of his intense devising, as you mused lightly. "So...that's the number...3? Todoroki's father? He really does give the aura of someone powerful huh?"

"A-Ah," Fumbled out of his thoughts, Midoriya slowed down on his walk. "Actually he's the number 2 hero (Last)-san. Sorry, were you scared?"

"No, nothing like that." You shook your head lightly, smiling a little. "I wouldn't care what he wanted to talk to me about, but I wouldn't let my Pokemon near him, especially from what I heard from Todoroki-kun." Then you looked at him with a raised brow. "Instead, I'm pretty surprise with you, that was cool."

Midoriya blushed, "That was nothing (Last)-san!"

You simply hummed, ignoring Midoriya's rambling to discredit himself as you voiced your thoughts. "To be honest, I wondered why he looked so familiar. That's when I realize Todoroki-san has his eyes, at least one of them." You glared to the ground exasperatedly, still slightly annoyed at a certain conversation you had with the half-and-half boy. You snorted. "He should really look in the mirror after telling that I have his eyes..."

There was a disgruntled grumbling coming from you, as Midoriya only watched in light confusion. Your anger made Midoriya a little unsettled, as Pikachu patted your cheek to ease you, giving you a look. You bounced out of that headspace after a moment of clearing your emotions, realizing what you had done. You could only sigh, smiling a bit wryly at a wide-eye Midoriya. "...Sorry, I'm being a little bit sour huh?"

"N-No, not at all-,"

"It's okay for you to say it's true, you know?" You teased a little. You sighed again, releasing all of your distaste for the Todoroki boy at the moment. "I know I'm probably being really petty getting mad over something like this...but it's kind of hard to clear that feeling away with all these thoughts in my head..."

A sudden seriousness flashed through Midoriya's face, his brows furrowing worriedly. He looked hesitant, but you caught the way he looked this time, making you stare at him curiously. He uncertainly began. "I-It's about your Pokemon...the one that helped in USJ right?" You blinked, surprised as Midoriya nervously rambled. "I'm sorry, I got worried about you and asked All Might...he told me the gist of it."

You huffed, more from the frustration of that topic. "It's fine. But yeah, I'm just stressed out." You crossed your arms tightly, looking away from Midoriya. "After they got checked up, the rest of the Pokemon are more in the clear, but Gardevoir and Absol are the hardest to clear up-they had to be kept a little longer. If things don't go successful here in this sports festival...it might be...a long while until I can see them again."

There was a sardonic tone through your words, a worriness consuming you. You just looked truly tired, and you must be from planning and running around here and there to keep things in order with the Pokemon. You added dryly. "If the Pokémon's aren't at least more accepted than the average." You frowned. "I just...don't know anymore."

Pikachu's ears fell a little at your sad tone. Midoriya's brows furrowed worriedly before he said as seriously as he could. "...The Pokemon are being really loved right now (Last)-san, don't lose hope."

"Hmm...thanks." You shrugged, smiling a bit to shake off the sudden sourness around you two. Then you thought about it a bit, Pikachu tail lightly hitting the back of your head. "But anyway, speaking of Todoroki-kun. I might've taken his words a little too harshly, especially when we were trying to fix things between us. I'll talk to him about it later on so don't worry about that."

Midoriya sighed. He was relieved to hear that your relationship with Todoroki wouldn't be so strained. He honestly just doesn't like the stress it piles on your already stressed-out form. But then you said the next thing with all the seriousness in the world. "With that being said, I just wanted to tell you to beat him up."

Midoriya gapes. "W-What?! I thought you said you were going to mend things?! But now you want me to beat him up?"

You waved your hand leisurely, Pikachu looked pretty done with Midoriya as you said. "I mean knock some sense into him. That thing you told Endeavor, about Todoroki-kun not being him. You need to tell Todoroki-kun that too." Then you paused, making a face. "No, actually just beat him up."

"W-What?"

A small silence fell between you, before you suddenly smirked. "I'm joking."

"A-Are you?"

"Of course I am-! So don't beat him up."

"Um..." Midoriya looked confused before you stopped him.

"Midoriya-kun." Your sudden seriousness had him shutting his mouth, blinking blankly at you. You looked at him with a knowing look, sighing. "...Though I'd hardly say we know each other really well after these few months since we entered U.A...I think I know you enough to know you're going to prioritize meddling into Todoroki's business."

Midoriya didn't comment back, looking away. You added with a rub to the back of your neck. "...Knowing you, you'd go all out and end up pretty beat-up from trying to help him..." You smiled a little. "It's a good trait of yours, not gonna lie." But then you tried to explain how your feeling. "I just feel...that it's okay to not...sometimes you know? You're allowed to think about yourself Midoriya-kun..."

Midoriya's eyes shifted. "(Last)-san..."

"...This is an opportunity," You continued, pressing your lips curtly. But your eyes showed that you had no intentions to force him. "The pros will be watching; this is your chance."

A silence stretched between you two, and you curled your mouth awkwardly, feeling uncomfortable by the silent green-haired boy, who was usually rambling about quirks and Heroes, and surprisingly, Pokemon in addition. Midoriya seemed to be thinking what you just said, carefully deciding what he wanted to do with a look of uncertainties. He clenched and unclench his fist nervously, muttering softly. "Sorry (Last)-san...It just feels like...I only get one chance to help him, even though it probably won't work..."

You had a feeling that he would say that, as he didn't meet eyes with you awkwardly. You smiled, huffing a knowing grunt. Then you lightly jabbed his shoulders. "Well...kind of expected that." You nodded, before giddily adding once again. "So go with my first suggestion, if you're gonna knock some sense to him, make sure to at least beat him."

"(L-Last)-!"

"I'm rooting for you too, okay?" You nodded at him confidently, the action causing Midoriya to sag in surprise, bewildered by this estranged conversation as you looked at him expectantly, smiling teasingly that completely eased him up. "But please, try to limit the breaking bones...alright?"

Midoriya's eyes gleamed as he nodded strongly. He'll do his best. "Right!"

.

.

.

"Anyway...what were you talking about when we met Endeavor?" Midoriya asked once you almost reached the middle ground of the stadium. You're going to have to run back to the bleachers if you want to watch the battle in time, but you don't mind. Pikachu glanced at the entrance, paws digging on your shoulders.

You shrugged like it was no big deal. "Oh, well I thought Endeavor looked strangely similar to an Emboar or an Incineroar." It really was no big deal, and Midoriya looked a little confused as you murmured the last bit upsettingly. "Now I just feel sort of bad for lumping the Pokemon with him...at least Emboar and Incineroar have class and dignity!"

"I s-see..."

"Oh by the way..." You interrupted all of a sudden, Midoriya picking his head a bit. You looked down at your joint hands, waiting for Midoriya to release them. "You can let my hand go now..."

"!!" Midoriya's eyes widened, taking his hand off from your own hastily. His whole face burst into red, as he yelped. "I-I-I'm so sorry (Last)-san."

You waved it off lightheartedly. "It's fine."

But Midoriya now just feels incredibly embarrassed. He wondered if he shut his eyes tightly would he cease to exist. At this point, he's just hoping to go on ahead and begin his battle so he can get out of this situation quickly. Just as he was about to walk off, he stopped a sight.

A small raised clenched paw, shown towards him.

Midoriya blinked, the red subsiding when he realizes it was Pikachu that was giving him a gestured fist bump, looking determinedly at the green-haired boy. Pikachu's expression strained seriously. "Pika!"

Midoriya's eyes widened as you raise your brow. You placed your hands on your hip, commenting amusedly. "This is odd from you..."

Pikachu huffs at your teasing, embarrassedly looking away now. Even so, he still kept his paw raised, waiting for Midoriya to reply in steed. Deku's eyes gleamed, overwhelming happiness burst through him after both your and Pikachu's encouragement. He returns the fist bump softly, smiling brightly. "I-I'll do my best Pikachu!"

Pikachu's ears were down, both from embarrassment and shyness, but the smile he had showed he was glad. You smiled down at your mousey friend as Midoriya eyed two of you preparedly.

Yes! Midoriya's going to do his best! His eyes gleamed, he's got to!

❧❧❧

Back inside the Stadium, the screen panned back towards the commentator's box, Present Mic's exaggerated face planted on the screen in greetings. "Thanks for waiting everybody!" Present Mic extravagantly cheered, you can tell that he was especially hype for this battle. "The first match of the second round is a big one!"

You sat silently in your seat with the class again, this time conveniently next to Kirishima, who grinned at you, his sharp teeth prominent with his smile making him look more endearing than frightful. "(Last)! Good game!"

"Yeah, congrats! you sure got Sero out quick-!" Kaminari teased, leaning forward on Kirishima's seat, as you could only smile once Sero smacked him causing the electric human to groan. Kaminari sat next to Bakugo, who was growing tired already by the chattering group surrounding him, grumbled.

"Sero was a great opponent. He truly knows how to use to quirk well to his advantage." You compliment the tape-quirked boy only growing embarrassed, scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

"R-Right. Thanks!" Sero grinned, as Kaminari sneered at his googly-eyed friend.

But putting that aside, Kaminari perked suddenly. "Ah, but I forgot to say-," He eyed down at Kirishima who blinked up. "Congratulations on advancing too, Kirishima."

"Yeah!" Kirishima smiled proudly, you've never felt so proud yourself at seeing the confidence radiating out of him. He looked a tad roughened up from his battle with Tetsutetsu, but he still gleamed to eye Bakugo seated above. "I'm up against Bakugo next! Let's fight!"

"I'll kill you." Of course, that was Bakugo's response.

But Kirishima only laughed. "Just try...or I'd like to say, but both you and Todoroki shoot off powerful broad-range attacks." He made a cute gesture of some sort of explosion, he even made some cute sound effects that made you giggle a little. He glances at you pointedly too, grinning at your amusement. "(Last) too! That last blizzard attack was insane."

You only stayed silent, embarrassedly scratching the side of your cheeks as Sero began to lean forward to point out something he figured from Bakugo. "True, and it's without time lag or delay."

"It's not that simple. Don't underestimate me." Bakugo bluntly put, but before he could broaden on the topic further you interrupted without thought.

"Whether it's Bakugo or Todoroki, I doubt that they can just shoot off their power just willy-nilly." You pointed out, eyes already set at the field. You garnered the attention of the boys as you kept explaining. "Our quirks depend on our physical or mental capacity. There's always a weakness."

Bakugo for once didn't growl. Or sneer. He didn't even comment back, and you felt that he was subtly agreeing with your statement when Kirishima asks. "Ah, then what about the Pokemon?"

You chuckled a little. "Well, Pokémon's can get drained after battles, their living creatures after all."

Nonetheless, you quickly pulled away from the conversation to the battlefield, Todoroki's stern cold gaze set on his opponent, Midoriya, who confidently stride up the stairs, looking as confident as Midoriya could look, which was not that much.

Meowth was detached about the battle again, which the presenting hero could predict at this point being that it wasn't you down there, but the cat nonetheless commented with a sigh. "Welp...I hope to see some action."

"That's the spirit, Mouser!" Present Mic yelled, ecstatic, causing Meowth to cringe away. The radio talk show hero gestured to the two students, slamming his hands on the table. "They both stand at the top of this year's Sport's Festival. It's a match between two great fighters..."

Todoroki and Midoriya got into their battle stances, the former putting forward a leg, prepared to ice the ground, while the latter got ready to flick his finger. "Now Todoroki vs. Midoriya!"

Your eyes gleamed, excitement bubbling for this big-shot battle. "Start!"

Chapter Thirty-Seven

The first few parts of the battle were instantaneous.

It all starts with Todoroki releasing icicles on the ground to Midoriya, a similar attack when it was compared to his battle with Sero, however, the output smaller- if you remembered correctly, Todoroki seemed to be in an especially bad mood during his battle with Sero's, so this calmer attack made sense. And Midoriya in retaliation was quick to flick his uninjured hand's finger, a gust of powerful wind destroying the icicles coming his way.

Two power attacks just blasting together, it's enough to get the crowd's blood pumping.

It was a battle of endurance now. Endurance on who would last the longest. You watched as with every ice attack Todoroki released, Midoriya's fingers grew red, deeming it broken.

It began with one finger.

Then the second finger was down.

The third.

And then the fourth finger and all his fingers on his right hand beside his thumb were out.

There were still a few fingers Midoriya had left on his left, but this ongoing battle is looking to be quickly accumulating to nothing as Todoroki's instant attack had not wavered. This time, Todoroki decided to come as close as possible, sliding with his ice causing Midoriya to panic, his leg getting caught in the ice.

Midoriya did his act in a hurry. Instead of outputting all his power on a singular finger, he did it through his fist, ruining the arm to a broken mess. You frowned, twisting your mouth in worry at his injuries, but the battle continued, and Todoroki was not hurt by the blast, able to create icicles from preventing him to reach the end of the line.

It seemed like Todoroki was not able to go down at all, but the ice that crawled on his right arm gave away just how much this is taking its toll on him. When Todoroki went forward to attack, he was slowed. You rested your elbows on your knees, nursing your head between your hands. Pikachu moved to your shoulder instead of your lap.

You sort of expected this from observing him during classes, but it seems the more ice that he uses, the more his body cannot handle the freezing nature it influences him. His breath goes cold, and he needs to heat it with his right. But yet, the Todoroki boy refuses.

The battle has now accumulated to an intense frontal battle. Midoriya trying punches, it looks like he's trying to keep his power to its limit, so his right arm isn't looking too bad, but his fingers have all gone purple. However, you couldn't even think about it that much when the battle was still ongoing, Todoroki still refusing to use his flames.

"W-Why are you going this far?!" Todoroki questioned after a particularly harsh blast, Midoriya looking at the brick of adrenaline and desperation, the two the only thing keeping him on his feet.

"Just trying...to meet my expectations!" Midoriya gutturally replied, rushing forward for another attack. "A smiling...dependable...cool hero-! That's what I want to be!"

Deku threw a punch, forcing Todoroki back as he continued his explanation. "That's why everyone is giving it their everything! Your circumstances...and your determination, are nothing I'll ever be able to understand. But, you want to deny your father without giving it your all? You need to stop being a fool!"

That part irritated Todoroki further, as he glared. "Shut up..."

Going for another attack, Todoroki was far too distracted to prepare himself for another of Midoriya's punches. "That's why I will win! To surpass you!"

Pikachu held on to a lock of your hair, eyes never straying from the scene as Todoroki struggled to get back onto his feet. Whatever Midoriya was trying to say, whatever he was trying to articulate, it seemed like it was all for naught. You worried as the fight looked to be continuing, and Midoriya's adrenaline was fully kicking in now. You were sure Midoriya could faint any minute.

"My father's power..." Todoroki struggled, but Midoriya had enough, his green eyes shining furiously.

.

.

.

.

.

"It's your power, isn't it?!"

.

.

.

.

.

Todoroki was filled with an emotion he couldn't describe. His head was quickly muddled to his past, everything slamming into him like a tidal wave. He remembers, the times that he would watch his brothers and sister play ball outside with their nanny, a want to join, a hope to play ringing in his heart as his dreaded father pulled him away by the arm.

He remembers exerting himself to a limit, throwing up his bowels onto the floor of where he trained with his old man, his clear, stern, and harsh order loudly clamoring for him to get up. While he felt the warm embrace his mother gave him whenever he cried- before it all went down.

But a singular memory stood before him. A memory of him and his mother watching the television, All Might sitting for an interview, talking about what it takes to be a hero. He remembered that childish awe that bloomed in his heart. His own hope...for being a hero.

Finally, he remembered, strangely, the thing you said to him, a frown on your face.

"Although I understand your reasoning on not using your left side and wanting to beat Midoriya, are you sure that's the right route to fight back on your father?"

Todoroki's expression stiffened, but you didn't stop. You let a small aggravated huff. "I don't really know how to say this subtly, so I'll just say it outright. Does your left side really have anything to do with your father at the end of the day? At this point, you're just hindering yourself."

"...hindering myself?" Todoroki seemed upset. "I'll still win-,"

"Yeah, but not at your fullest potential." You sighed, before grumbling on the sidelines, "Not that I have any right to lecture you anyways..." You turned one last time towards the Todoroki, giving him a stern look. "Never mind what I say if you just don't get it. Just consider it a piece of small advice."

He watched you walked away again in his memory, and everything began clicking away in his head.

Just as Todoroki's attacks were, the next action was instantaneous. A burning fiery flame burned, growing hungrily like an explosion. The brunt force of the heat washed over the entire stadium, the heat prickling your skin and causing Pikachu to flinched away from being roasted like a chicken. It was too hot-!

So it happened. You can't say you predicted this, cause this was far from your expectations. Nonetheless, you smiled into your hand, a warmth growing in your heart from the waves of intense heat prickling your skin. You hummed. 'Good job, Midoriya-kun...'

"Took you a while!" Meowth shouted, but the gleefulness in his smile spoke more volume.

Present Mic gaped. "This is...!"

The drawbacks from using his ice were now being revived, the ice encasing his arm disappearing as the fire burned brightly on his left side. Todoroki was using all his potential for once since he entered U.A. And you were almost and surprisingly, a little proud.

"SHOTOOOOOOO!!"

Pikachu and you flinched from that deep resounding shout coming from one of the bleachers, you peeked to see the flaming man you met just before the battle, stride down the stairs excitably. You raised a brow.

All the way in the commentator's box, Present Mic made a garbled noise in confusion, while Meowth could only stare at the fiery, pun-intended, man with a furrowed look.

"You've finally accepted me?! That's right. Good job." Endeavor applauded, looking even more riled as he stomped down the stairs to get to the bleachers. Everyone around him had turned their attention to him, as he grins like everything was finally making sense in this world. "This is your beginning. Take my blood and surpass me!" He rumbled in glee. "You'll fulfill...my ambitions!!"

Silence.

Meowth and Present Mic stared blandly.

"...Endeavor-san, are you suddenly sending your encouragements...?" Present Mic asks after a small awkward pause asked with no qualm at all. The presenter looked mildly confused, but he just shrugged it off lightheartedly, humming a little. "You must be a proud father..."

Meowth was having none of it however, covering his mouth as if to give a snarky whisper. "Yeah, security. Take this walking game character away from the fence, he's shouting profanities!"

Endeavor heard that as the flames on him ignited out of anger. "OI-!"

"Now he's getting mad at me-! Yikes-! Scary-!" Meowth did not sound scared. At all.

The climax was here. Midoriya was incredibly wounded, but he wasn't going to give up just like that. He wasn't the type to anyways. You watched with watchful eyes as with everything they got, both Todoroki and Midoriya came at each other with their powers bursting through the seams. Cementoss and Midnight were already attempting to stop the battle, but at this point, there's not much they could do but try to lessen the impact of these two powers once they collide.

Just as Cementoss created walls of concrete, so tall you'd think it's an overstatement, the burst of fire, ice, and Midoriya's brute strength destroyed the walls, their collision of power sending waves of heat and debris of concrete everywhere.

The pressure of wind waved past your face, Pikachu was getting tired of these bursts of power he simply couldn't care less anymore, his fur standing on ends as he clutched miraculously on your shoulder. Your classmates were pretty much trying to avoid the sudden surge of wind through their faces, but you were far too focus to pay that any attention, your eyes never leaving the obscured battlefield for one second.

When it all died down, the silence after a battle looming off, Present Mic was knocked to his back, baffled beyond belief. "W-What's up with your students...?"

Meowth looked and felt like a hot mess, his fur was all over the place and that aggravated him. "Tell me 'bout it! I said some action, talk about over the top!" Meowth grumbled, brushing down his fur.

"The cooled air was suddenly heated up, and so it expanded." Aizawa simply commentated, completely unbothered by what just happened.

Since the explosion happened, the stage was still obscured by the smoke and what-not. You narrowed your eyes down at the stage, waiting to just see the hints of your classmates' hair.

When it all cleared up, Midoriya was out of bounds against the stadium wall, and Todoroki, with his half-burnt out shirt, stood victorious.

.

.

.

"You're in the way...aren't you gonna say that?"

Endeavor began at the end of the hallway leading away from the stadium, looking mildly satisfied with his arm crossed. Todoroki stopped without so much thought, half his chest bare from the fire he couldn't yet control, and the hero didn't hesitate to comment. "You're not controlling your left side. You're going all out and that's dangerous."

There was no denying that Endeavor was overjoyed that Todoroki used his fire quirk, widening his arm in emphasis. "You finally got over your childish tantrum. And now you've become the perfect improvement of myself. Come to me when you graduate, I'll let you walk down the road of mighty."

Endeavor tried to reach out his hand as if he was making an agreement with his very own son, but Todoroki ignored that entirely to simply focus on something on himself.

"I haven't aside anything," Todoroki lightly said, surprising his father. The boy could only look at his hand. "As if I could turn that easily. It's just...that at that moment..." There was a small pause before the boy raised his eyes to meet the number 2's.

"I just forgot about you."

With that, Todoroki continued his walk, ignoring his old man's bewildered look. "Whether that's a good or bad or something in between...I'll have to think about it."

Just when Todoroki was truly about to walk away, he commented lowly, "But in that meantime...don't get involve with anyone."

That was the end of that discussion, as Todoroki took his leave. His father's flames left in the dark hallway.

❧❧❧

After the staggering battle, Midoriya was quickly ushered back to Recovery girl's temporary office, who was hoping to heal the boy quickly and urgently too. Since the rest: Iida, Uraraka, Tsuyu, and Mineta, got worried, and you were also wondering how he's fairing, you all made your way to the nurse's office to see his conditions.

Out of worries, the group was quick to slide the nurse's door out of its hinges, surprising All Might in his thin form. You could only muffle the small giggle that escaped at All Might's flabbergasted splutter, as the rest crowded around Midoriya, who's definitely not looking in good shape.

The rest of the Pokemon, being Chansey, Audino, Comfey, and Komala were also within the room. Chansey and Audino both hovering on one side of Deku's bed, looking quite worried for the boy who had his arms wrapped. Comfey was hovering subsequently close to his head, trying to ease the boy's uncomfortableness just a little, which you could see was working just a tad. And Komala...well he was snoozing at Recovery girl's desk. Figures.

You stood beside All Might who's trying to catch his breath. You'll get your turn to talk soon, so you whispered. "What? Were you that surprised?" You teased lightly, Pikachu hummed in agreement as the Pro only glared lightly at that small jab.

"Don't be so cheeky. This old man's got a frail heart, excuse you."

That only made you laugh a little bit harder, shaking your head with a hand covering your mouth.

"Everyone, how's the next match going?" Midoriya asked his friend blearily, still in mild pain from all the injuries he's accumulated. Iida answer hastily in everyone's steed.

"Since the stage was being destroyed it's being repaired at the moment."

"Hey Midoriya...! Your match just now was really crazy-!" Mineta cut right to the chase, shakily pointing at him, "Even a Pro wouldn't want you like that!"

Tsuyu quickly shot out her tongue to his ear to shut him up. "It's not nice to rub salt on his wound."

"B-But it's true-!"

Having enough of the noise, even though it's been a mere minute, Recovery girl decided to shoo away the crowding students towards the door. The elder waving her arm in a 'go away' motion. "Alright, that's enough. I know you're worried, but I have to perform surgery right now!"

"Surgery?!" The group shouted in distress, but the elder nurse was having none of it. Everyone was quickly shooed out, except for you leaving you with the sign that Recover Girl did it since you haven't talked to the bed-ridden boy. It was also most likely due to your knowledge about Midoriya and All Might, but you're pretty sure it was mostly because you haven't said your peace yet to the pained boy. As Recovery Girl busied herself towards her desk, you walked up to the bed.

Upon noticing you, Audino was quick to round the bed to hug your midsection, as you patted the creature softly. Midoriya looked up at you with almost nervousness, guiltily smiling just a little through the pain. You raised a brow at the look, looking at his injured state. "...Well...you sure did your worst..."

Midoriya deflated. You could only sigh yourself. "I had a feeling this would happen, but I hoped you wouldn't look so terrible after this match..."

"...Sorry."

You frowned a bit, "No, it's okay. Then again, there wasn't much you could do at that moment versus Todoroki." You raised a hand to lightly pet Comfey who's still trying to ease Midoriya. But you only nodded. "But...you did good."

Midoriya raised his head a bit. You added. "Not for yourself in terms of physically, but definitely for both Todoroki and you internally." Your expression softened. Midoriya returning your small smile tiredly. You felt that lightened the heavy feeling of guilt slightly off from his heart, and you could only reach out to pat his wrapped arms.

Pikachu, still staying silent on your shoulder, hobbled off onto the cushiony bed, scampering to stand on his side. Midoriya looked down to see the creatures look, blinking at the rounded eyes staring at him with a tinged glare look. "I'm sorry Pikachu...I didn't end up winning, huh?"

Pikachu glare only hardened. Cue Pikachu angrily ranting, pointing a paw at him.

"Um-I'm sorry...?!" Midoriya bewilderedly responded. Pikachu huffed, before going with a different approach, lightly patting his arms, smiling. You interrupted the pair before Midoriya could get any more confused.

"He's saying you did your best, so stop apologizing." Pikachu hummed, as Midoriya smiled a little forcefully. The lost still lightly raining down on his parade. But that didn't stop from nodding, and that was enough for Pikachu.

After both you and Pikachu said your piece, you went with a sudden different approach to your calm demeanor, your smile broadening as you now raised a hand mockingly. There was a glint in your eyes that made Midoriya shiver, "So! should I put your bones together myself?"

Midoriya yelped, and All Might spitted out blood.

"-Young (Last)!? don't do that! Young Midoriya's already injured enough!" All Might panicked, waving his arm in front of him, as you could only bring yourself to laugh, the scary aura around you disappearing entirely as you whirled to the number one hero with a tiny shrug.

"I'm not actually gonna do it! Just teasing." You commented, both of the duo sighing together simultaneously. Pikachu included.

"...I don't know...after USJ, you did sort of hit my leg..." Midoriya began lightly, with no anger or fear, but rather a more comical tone. You didn't think he had it in him to tease you, though it was more like he was adding a lighthearted remark, really, and it made you glad. He was in a better mood. You only guffawed, chuckling.

"I did? I can't remember!"

Recovery girl finally walked over, and asked you to take your leave too she can start the surgery. You nodded, "Yeah, the other battles should be starting soon anyway." Then you leaned down towards Recovery girl, eyeing Midoriya teasingly. "Oh, but maybe if you want to be a tester, you can have Midoriya-kun hear try Komala's secret healing formula."

"Ah...through drinking his saliva right?" Recovery Girl responded, the next words causing Midoriya to stiffen aghast. "I'll consider it."

"A-Ah, that's not necessary-!" Midoriya winced, as the elder and you chuckle darkly. All Might seriously needed to remember never to be in a room with only you two. How frightening.

But subsiding all that teasing, as you turned towards the door with Pikachu back with you. You glanced back to Deku, whose eyelids went down out of tiredness. "Midoriya-kun, get better soon. You were...really amazing..." You smiled softly, feeling compelled to say this. "You'll...be a great hero...I hope you know that."

And just like that, Midoriya's heart thudded immensely, as he nodded a little. He felt overwhelmingly assured by your sentence, hearing that, he could almost cry. His smile shrunk after he calmed down from your teasing, but the glimmer on his eyes said it all, and All Might's proud grin spoke enough.

With that, you took your leave. As you walked on the hallway back to the bleachers, the next procedures of the battles you have will be your final act.

You narrowed your eyes down, taking out some items from your pocket. It's time to finally finish the things you'll need to do. With this, your job will be complete, and hopefully, the Pokemon will garner enough positive attention. You raised your head determinedly, yet the wavering in your heart and guilt lingered. Pikachu worriedly eyed you, as you calmly responded in keen.

You'll just have to do it...right?

❧❧❧

The next two battles were quickly resolved.

The first battle happened to be Uraraka's and Iida's battle. Although Uraraka had been trying her best against Iida, it wasn't hard to see that the experience between the two battle-wise was quite far off. Uraraka attempted to use her quirk on Iida multiple times, but Iida was too fast. It was only a matter of time that Iida found a chance to push Uraraka out of bounds, respectfully of course, before she could float him, and ultimately he won the match.

Uraraka was a little down after that, as you could tell she really wanted to win. Although you wanted to comfort her, you couldn't personally do it since your next battle was about to come up. You decided to leave it to your little messenger in your steed, and you were completely content with that.

The second battle was between Mina and Tokoyami. Dark Shadow was as per usual powerful and was even able to catch all of Mina's acid balls thrown at him. Once Mina was distracted enough, Dark Shadow was able to get her to fumble out of bounds, making Tokoyami the winner of that battle.

And then the next battle...was yours.

You felt both confidence and uncertainty as you walked back up the stairs leading to the rectangular stage, Pikachu's weight on your right shoulder, the echoes of the crowd continue to ring in your head as you met the eyes of Ibara, who nodded somberly, like a knight respectfully nodding to her opponent. You could barely hear Present Mic's and Meowth's commentary through the pounding of your heart, a nervousness coming by to withhold your heart.

You practiced enough to do this. There's no need to fear. And Meowth knows what to do anyway, or at the very least, he should.

Your mind felt empty, but you knew what you were going to do next anyway. You shut your eyes tightly, biting your lips. The only one bringing you back to reality was Pikachu's worried coos, and his attentive gaze, reminding you why you were here. The reason you decided to fight in this stadium.

Meowth's voice called you back to the field. You narrowed your eyes forward.

(Last) (Name) vs. Ibara Shiozaki

"Let's start...Go!"

Ibara let out her vines, her vine-like hair swishing in your direction without a second thought, and you were quick to hold out your arm, Pikachu jumping down from it readily, once you threw him forward. "Pikachu, you're up!"

Pikachu pounced down onto the ground, a cute battle face imprinted on his cute features as he bends down, prepared to attack. You felt yourself prepare for yourself internally. "Pikachu, dodge them all you can!" You pointed a finger out, as Pikachu squeaked in confirmation.

As each vine tried to wrap its tendrils around him, Pikachu quickly dodges each one, moving swiftly and agilely to avoid them.

Up on the bleachers, Uraraka came barreling over, looking a little less than okay than before. She had a small breakdown in the break room, but knowing that it was your battle, she rushed over as soon as she can, haggardly eyeing the battlefield. "A-Am I late...? I have to watch..." She pushed, as Tsuyu picked her head up to look at her, nodding subtly.

"No, it just started. You came at the right time, kero." Uraraka nodded dazedly, rubbing the terrible red-eyes she had garnered, before sitting on the open seat beside Tsuyu. The frog-girl obviously knew what had bothered Uraraka so badly before, as she rubbed Uraraka's shoulder. "You were good Ochaco-chan. Your eyes look terrible."

"Is it that obvious-?" From one blunt girl to another, this was nothing. Uraraka didn't seem to be too bothered by her outward appearance, more so just a tinge embarrassed. Tokoyami who had noticed Uraraka's appearance too was quick to reassure his cavalry teammate.

"Instead of regretting it, regard it as a good experience."

"Yes-! But don't worry, I'm fine." Uraraka voiced, Tsuyu and Tokoyami tilting their head in confusion. Uraraka smiled, her eyes completely zeroed in on you. "I had a friend that companied me."

"That's good." Tsuyu croaked, before tilting her head towards the battle. Though Tsuyu had always been a little bland in her expression, never one to truly look confused and instead more so curious, it didn't change the way she sounded, as she croaked. "Though I'm surprised." She uttered, Uraraka curiously tilting her head. "(Name)-chan chose to use Pikachu in this battle. It's strange of her."

Jiro who sat close by, commented back, rubbing the back of her head. "Hmm yeah, that's odd. I'm pretty sure I remember her saying that electric types aren't good with grass types..."

Kaminari solemnly nodded with an odd expression, intertwining his hands on his lap, "So, my defeat was inevitable."

Sero rolled his eyes, pretty much snorting. "Yeah, uh...sure."

"You sure can say big words sometimes huh?" Ojiro commented with a sweat as Momo interrupted.

"That's not something you should be saying Kaminari-kun," Momo murmured. Though she was unmistakably heartbroken by the losses she had, she's still okay enough to comment on that and scold the electric one of the group.

Tsuyu hummed thoughtfully, wondering why you were keen on using the electric mouse when you had Pokemon that suited better for this battle, a fire type would be efficient. She tilted her head, eyeing you attentively. "Perhaps...(Name)-chan is trying to save Kaminari's grace from the last loss...?"

With Tsuyu's theory, Kaminari froze. Then, he amazingly began tearing up, looking beyond moved as he eyed the battle of Pikachu dodging each vine coming his way. He croaked with a hand on his heart, happy flowers blooming behind him. "S-She is?"

"Doubt it." Sero and Tokoyami denied quickly.

"Hey!"

"Pikachu!" You analyzed, the mouse peering back at you without care after dodging large amounts of vines coming his way. All of them shooting his way to capture him, but Pikachu was far too agile. "Get as close as you can-!"

Pikachu nodding, scampering forward preparedly. Ibara flinched, uncertain at the sudden predicament. Due to that, Ibara attacked her vines more fiercely, clutching her hands against each other tightly as she watched as the vines tried to hit and capture Pikachu, the mouse was just a little too good at this game of cat and mouse. At one particular side-step from the vines, Pikachu was quick to hobble on the vines, racing up the vines to get to Ibara faster.

Ibara blinked, moving the vines more eccentrically towards Pikachu, but Pikachu was a talented little mouse. He knows how to get away around electric pole cords before, this is a breeze. As Pikachu continued getting closer and closer, you called out. "Alright, Nuzzle!"

Pikachu went for the punch, he pounced forward, Ibara about to attack when Pikachu did something a little surprising for the girl. Pikachu nuzzled his cheeks to Ibara's, the regal and pristine lady of class B could only halt her movement, blinking at Pikachu's close body in confusion. What she didn't know, this was still an attack.

A light jolt rushed through Ibara, sparks coming out from Pikachu's cheek pouches bursting out like crazy. Ibara using her vine hair to push Pikachu back, but the unsettling electric shock still lingered in her. Pikachu bounced back, getting right back on his paws, prepared for his next attack.

"And Pikachu gets Ibara with a small static shock it seems-!" The presenter begins, eyeing the battle. "Our lovable mouse been making an appearance since the obstacle race, and now we get to see him in his 1 vs 1 battle. Pretty exciting, am I right?"

Meowth huffed, sneering jeeringly. "He's overrated-!"

Ibara frowned a little. "I won't be fooled again-!" With this, another onslaught of attacks are pursued to the tiny mouse.

You and Pikachu gave each other small nods, as you pointed a finger at Ibara. "Pikachu, let's go with Thundershock-!"

Pikachu nodded racing forward again, but Ibara knows this time that letting the tiny mouse closer is a bad idea. With every dodge Pikachu does, Ibara contemplated on what she could do better, her hands folded tightly around her heart. Pikachu went for an attack, even though he wasn't nearly as close. A jolt of electricity is hurled in Ibara's direction, but right before it could hit Pikachu's target, she created a barrier of vines right in front of her. The class B student was unscarred.

"It's not very effective..." Meowth added, shrugging like it was obvious as Present Mic sends him a weird look. "What, I'm just telling you what's happening!"

When that didn't hit, you called forward again. "Pikachu, let's try a harder one. Spark!"

With this Pikachu tried again, avoiding the vines like a boss, as he discharged a large electrically charged tackle to Ibara's barrier, only for her to broaden them. You smiled internally, as this went on for a while, Ibara broadening her barrier larger and larger until she's creating a dome over herself, making sure she made a small area where she can peak out. Controlling her vines as she hides.

Ibara's power is truly out of bounds. You expected this, but you sort of expected more. As you called out, "Don't get down Pikachu! Thunderbolt."

With light sweat beading down Pikachu tiredly, Pikachu nodded his tiny little head confidently, racing towards his vine-domed opponent with extra vigor. But Ibara was ready for that. As the vines chased after him as usual, instead of trying to attack him, they blocked him.

Pikachu scampered away, only to come across another wall of vines coming his way. Pikachu decided that it was now or never, releasing his thunderbolt to slam to Ibara's vines, who took their chance.

This was their only chance.

It wasn't long until Ibara finally loosened herself from the dome to reveal herself, like a mastermind coming out to finish her assassination. You watched as vine tendrils after tendrils boxed Pikachu in after his attack, who blinked around in shock, eyeing his closed-space surrounding with sudden extra vigor to get out.

Pikachu did the only thing he could do, he sparked out his electricity, trying to get the vines away from him, but it did nothing. Slowly the vines domed him instead, wrapping around him to completely block his exit. You watched with a narrow in your eyes as Pikachu was disappearing from your sight, the dome just getting bigger and bigger.

From the outside, it looked like a gaggle amount of greenery, swirling around on a particular showground, trapping a tiny creature underneath as electricity could be seen sparking, trying to get out. The dome just kept growing higher and higher, Ibara exerting all she can to completely submerge Pikachu in her trap, and it was working.

Pikachu was like a fly now. A fly trapped under the grips of the hungry Venus flytrap, completely at its mercy. No matter how much Pikachu struggled, as the mouse continues to let out his battle cries with every burst of electricity, Pikachu was no match for the trap he got himself into. Ibara pulled her hand up like a prayer as if she was sacrificing Pikachu to the gods above.

"Ohh...things aren't looking too good-!" Mina commented, eyeing with widen eyes at the crazy amount of vines just moving around like snakes, slithering about to circle in closer and closer to Pikachu's overwhelmed body.

All anyone could see was a tiny arena of green on the stage, Ojiro could only comment with sweat beading down his forehead. "The only thing that Pikachu can do now is to try to get out."

Tokoyami eyed carefully. "...like a trap waiting for its prey to wilt into exhaustion."

Uraraka eyed the event with transfixed eyes. Her eyes were dead-set onto your form standing on the edge of the line, eyeing the vine-trap. She fixed her gaze at your calm outlook. Huh?

Spark continued trying to fly off from the walls of the prickly vineyard, and just like Tokoyami stated, it was a matter of time until Pikachu will completely tire himself out. Ibara kept on her dome structure of vines to tighten them to get smaller every few seconds. It was incredible that she could release so many vines like this, and you were impressed as Pikachu was heaving tiredly from inside the domes, getting tired from the onslaught of his powers.

You eyed the predicament with narrowed eyes. "Pikachu, calm down. Save your energy!"

Pikachu listened, panting tiredly. The tireless amount of electricity Pikachu was emitting had finally stopped, and this was the chance Ibara took to tightened her vines even more. Pikachu was growing panicked, and that's just what's going to happen more the more he feels trapped. So the only answer is to...

"Pikachu, listen to my voice-!" Pikachu stopped his franticness, stilling to listening. You smiled a little, eyeing the hidden Pikachu behind all of those vines. "Pikachu, with all you got-! You got this, you know where to hit! Mega Kick-!"

Pikachu stopped, knowing what he just had to do from your orders. With a heaved breath, collecting himself slowly, Pikachu rushed to one side of the dome, eyeing his target on a small opening the vines weren't able to completely cover up yet. Ibara wouldn't be able to cover him completely with this many vines being outputted, and Pikachu used that to his advantage. Pikachu narrowed his eyes, spark flying out his cheek pouches in adrenaline, as with a running start, Pikachu pushed forward.

"PIKAAA-!" With a battle cry, Pikachu pounces as that singular spot, rounding its cute body round prepared to attack, and kicked the vine wall with all he got. Pikachu burst out of the dome, the vines no match for Pikachu's round-a-bout mega kick as Pikachu lands on the ground, whirling to face Ibara's slightly wide-eyed state preparedly, and the crowd goes wild.

"And he's out-!" Present Mic screeches, spit flying everywhere as Meowth cringed to the side. "What was that?! With a powerful kick, Pikachu lands himself out of the trap, and the game continues-!"

"Honestly he better, if he lost like that, I would never let him live it down-!" Meowth wiped off the spit, starkly pointing out.

You smiled down at Pikachu briefly, nodding down at him. "Pikachu good job! You okay?" Pikachu perked at the compliment, nodding his head in reassurance. With Pikachu's okay state, you smiled up at Ibara, who began retracting her fractured dome-like vines back to herself.

She truly looked frightening without trying, her vines like vipers around her, her expression completely expressing her will as if she was about to sacrifice you like a lamb. Her vines were waiting any moment to snap their spikes at Pikachu, and Pikachu fearlessly got into a battle stance.

You supposed that's enough dilly-dallying. You raised your head to the sky, that was enough.

"Ibara-san, you're strong." You started, gesturing outward with a polite smile. You looked around a little uncertainly, Pikachu still having his guard up as you murmured a little, "To be honest, the stage's just too small, so I have no choice but to take advantage of the field behind me. In reality, Pikachu would get disqualified with this, but fortunately, they allowed it just this once...What can I say, I am lucky, huh?" You chuckled a little dryly, Ibara tilting her head in confusion at your words. Your eyes grew frightening, as they narrowed down at where you stood. "As long as I'm within the line, I still get a fighting chance..."

You gleamed your smile to Ibara as you slid the right sleeve up, a certain band clasp around your wrist as your smile grew wider. Something big was going to happen, and Ibara knew she had to be prepared. You shouted.

"I'm going to have fun with this, let's do it, Pikachu! Gigantamax-!"

You raised the Poke ball, allowing Pikachu to enter the ball once again. Everyone could only watch in bewilderment as once Pikachu was completely within in the ball, you turn your hand upward, watching the power coming from the wishing star inside the band do its work as the ball expanded to a largeness that glowed a reddish-pink, the ball's weight lifting off from your hand for a moment to land right back into your open palm, the new weight a little surprising, but not unfamiliar as you turned, throwing the ball out of the stage.

The sky gleams red, following along this new phenomenon as the oversized ball was hurled towards the outside field, opening up in a huge fusion gleam of red mixed with the hint of pink light, and you could only grin up as a growing shadow began looming over.

.

.

.

Midoriya hurried down the corridor, hearing that your match was still ongoing after his finished surgery had him racing off after his important talk with All Might, finding things out of the Pro that he would've never thought the pro to have, not to mention their understanding of their quirkless nature. He was so late, and he wanted to see it so badly, but that was the least on his mind as he tried to at least get a glimpse of the battle.

And then, the stadium shook.

Like that time Todoroki hurled a completely large icicle to the edge of the stadium, the building shook as if an earthquake had actually commenced, heck, Midoriya can almost call it like a gaudy stomping. Midoriya's eyes widened at the thunderous shake, racing faster to the opening of the stadium in his injured state, the bright sun was replaced with slight clouded and reddish light from what he can tell. What happened? Did something cover the top of the stadium?!

Midoriya had almost arrived at the stadium's bleachers, seeing someone's back facing him. He recognizes the back of this person, the engines protruding out of his calves enough of a giveaway as it was, as he called towards Iida. "Iida-kun!" He called, racing forward to clasp his free hand on his shoulder, the other wrapped on a cast, "What happened? What's..." His eyes widened slowly, his breath going shallow. "...Going...on...?"

Midoriya clamped up, his eyes widening to saucers. Iida's expression was no different, the stern boy's mouth gaped open in shock with narrowed eyes as the both of them looked at the towering being, so tall and wide its ears were almost reaching the edge of the tall stadium. Midoriya gulp shakily, "T-That's-?!"

"W-W-W-W-HAT..." Present Mic's usually well-adjusted shades were now completely out of order, his eyes peeking out showing his complete bafflement. He pointed at that...that Pokemon shakily, Aizawa's eyes that were peaked out from the bandages widened a tad. Meowth could only evilly snicker. "WHAT IS THAT?!"

To explain what was happening in this stadium was hard to explain. All anyone could really focus on is the hulking, overgrown figure just standing behind the stage and on the grass. The light blue sky was gone, and it seems strange purplish darkness had overcome the bright day. The crowds' bafflement was certain, their eyes pinned to the giant.

Right behind the stage, there stood the largest Pokemon anyone would ever get the chance of seeing. It was Pikachu. If Pikachu was able to get to a size 100x larger than his average size standing on the field, the grass having splayed out from the impact of Pikachu's unintentional stomp, as an energy wave of this huge phenomenon blasted out to the stadium. Pikachu was far too large, it was insane. He looked much bigger than his usual out-look, wider and cuter. But above all else, the height made him incredibly intimidating.

If you could describe Pikachu yourself in one word, he got Chonky.

His lightning bolt-like tail glowing as dark clouds circled above him. The whole weather outside was beautifully sunny, but that can't be said for the people inside the first-year stadium.

Ibara's expression noticeably got paler, eyes hesitantly eyeing the overgrown creature that left her speechless beyond comparison. Everyone's expressions were levels of bafflement and shock, perhaps add a dash of awe, at the humungous creature. Eyes were widened, and Kaminari was literally at the edge of his seats, gaping like a fish searching for water. Momo had completely covered her mouth, Jiro looking astounded, while Sero could only whisper, a strain in his voice.

"God, am I thankful that's not me down there..."

All the other students were equally as shocked, Monoma had his arm crossed as he watched the battle, but now with the pre-determined doom for Ibara, he could only sweat, for once quiet. Kendo and Tetsutetsu were gaping just like the rest. While Shinso, with the rest of his class, never looked more awake in his life.

Bakugo and Kirishima had already been planning to prepare themselves for their upcoming battles but had gone to catch sight of the battle once the resounded shake quaked, as Kirishima gaped widely, his sharp teeth prominent as Bakugo's eyes narrowed harshly. Todoroki kept silent on his watch, leaning just a bit forward from the wall he was leaning on to look better, as from afar, Todoroki's father, Endeavor, also watched with the slightest glint in his eyes. Uraraka's widen-eyed expression was clear as the day, her mouth gaped open as Pikachu smiled down like this was nothing. This was an average day in the park.

All Might blinked in dumbstruck stupefaction surrounded by the rest of the slightly baffled teachers after he arrived. They knew a big creature was going to come, but color them stoke, they didn't expect the Pokemon to be this big.

And what stood right in front of Pikachu, with confidence oozing out of you as you covered your mouth with a snarky look, was you. Your eyes gleaming in what Ibara could assume was confidence.

Meowth cackle of reign began here. "Hahaha-! Betcha weren't expecting this-!" Meowth almost wanted to cry at the amazing expressions he was given a chance to see. God, Meowth wished he had a camera with him, oh wait, he has your phone! Nonetheless, Meowth continued his maniacal laugh. "I'm sure you all must be unsure what's going on now, taking into the colossal that has landed on our stadium as we speak-! Lemme introduce you, to our very first introduction to...Dynamax!"

Meowth whispered subtly, uncaring of the dulled silence he got in response. "Or I guess in this term Gigantamax...Anyways-!"

"Let's talk about power-up moves, you have those things too, don't you?" Meowth teases, he widened out his hands to gesture to Pikachu's oversized being. "Now Dynamax is a phenomenon that temporarily transforms a Pokemon by increasing in size by distorting the space, or at least that's what the Profs in the UK figured, y'know? Since this is currently being relentless researched there!" Meowth wagged his pointer finger, "The history on how it's happening is a little all over the place at the moment, but there's no denying that this could only happen is on certain...hotspots, just like here in U.A."

Meowth looked through the audiences' eyes intentionally, whispering teasingly. "A little too convenient, am I right my lovable fans?"

Aizawa questioned, regaining his bearings. "So the powers doubled...?"

"Yup! Extreme! To the Max!" Meowth cried out like he was in a rock-star concert, like a bassist about to strum his incredible solo act, Meowth began. "That's Dynamax for you-! But Gigantamax does a little more by distorting their appearances...I mean look at him...he's huge..."

Unintentionally sounding like the motto-motto meme, Meowth finished his introduction with a much calmer look, smiling a little too daintily. "Welp, that concludes my presentation about Dynamax. But don't worry, the power-ups are only coming! So...any questions?" Meowth had the audacity to look around like anyone was gonna ask. The crowds' silence spoke volumes.

Midnight hesitated, before sternly waiting for Ibara's next move. Is she going to fight this...? Or is she going to forfeit the game? Ibara's usually vacant eyes held the slight shake, just as uncertain of her voices as well. She shut her eyes tightly, figuring what her next move should obviously be...

She opened her eyes hesitantly, meeting your unblinking stare. You smiled a little, giving her a small nod. Ibara knew what her choice would be.

Ibara quickly began building up all she could with her vines, the greenery of her long hair ventured to circle her preparedly, a sign that she's not backing out if the glint in her eyes weren't an answer enough. Ibara's vines flared preparedly, building larger and larger to protect herself from the onslaught.

Here it goes! This is your last strike.

"Pikachu!" You strained your voice, the gigantic mouse peered down at you. "G-Max Volt Crash!"

Lighting up like electricity, the mouse on its paws to call forth for the largest amount of electricity, you had faith that it wouldn't cause a problem as you had faith in Ibara's abilities, so you went forward with it. The mouse lit up in a bright yellow, releasing its electricity to the sky, where dark clouds began forming. Ibara continued her task, using all she had to cover herself up, preparing herself to be the last one standing. It was a battle between electricity and Ibara's vines now. Just as Ibara closes herself from all the world, keeping her vines consistent to cover her completely, you were surprised to see that she won't be hesitating to go for the offensive either, as in one swoosh her vines lashed to the overgrown electric mouse.

Just as she strikes her vines to lash and capture the humungous Pikachu, the clouds above thundered and cried, brewing its release, you can tell Midnight and Cementoss were preparing for the worst. You covered your face, preparing yourself.

And with one incredibly large thunderous call, a bolt of large lightning shots down to Ibara's large vinery cover, the lightning hitting its target straight on, so bright in front of you, you almost missed the act. The lightning implored, like a massive explosion of lightning just bursting out of the seams. It was...incredible. Your heart squeezed tensely.

When the lightning fizzled down, disappearing, you jogged forward to get a better look at what happened. Ibara's vine dome was completely obliterated, but she was able to cushion to blast from hitting her too hard. She lay on the ground, eyes shut tightly, yet the slightest flinches and her heaving chest were enough to show you she was okay enough. As Midnight came to check her, you knew she was probably paralyzed now, and that...ends your battle here...

"Ibara is incapacitated! (Last) advanced to the third round!"

.

.

.

.

.

"Couldn't you hold back just a little?!"

Surprising, yet not so surprisingly, you got kind of yelled at by Recovery Girl. You quickly had come by to check on Ibara with Pikachu, who regained his original form. It only felt right to say just a few words to each other, even though you weren't that close with each other.

Ibara was subsequently okay after a check-up with the elderly nurse and was now sitting up on her bed. She looked a little tired, perhaps a little down but you couldn't tell, but she greeted you normally once you entered through the door. Recovery girl continued her rant. "I would expect this from that Midoriya boy, but hardly from you. Toshinori is quite the teacher-!"

You apologized quickly. "Sorry."

Since the results weren't too bad, Recovery waved it off to let the Pokemon comfort her. Ibara taking a liking the Chansey, who cooed at her to take a snack from her tray. You and Pikachu went towards Ibara, who was quick to shift her attention to both of you, the mouse hobbling onto her bed.

"It was a good game Ibara-san; you were truly tough." You nodded your head, smiling just a little. Ibara agreed, bowing down from her seated form.

"You were formidable as well, (Last)-san." She kept things brief, but you can tell there was no hostility. She looked at you a little sternly. "Rather, I'm glad we've given it our best."

That answer left you feeling a little discomforted, also you awkwardly stood at the edge of her bed. With that, you finished all that you wanted to do, checking up on her state and saying a few last game words to each other. Pikachu took the reign, scurrying a little closer to Ibara, before bowing politely with a small squeak. Ibara's expression softened, doing the same.

You bowed your goodbyes. "Then, I'll be heading out, I'm sure your friends would like to see you know. See you later."

Ibara nodded, and you and Pikachu took your leaves after saying your goodbyes with Recovery girl and the nurse Pokemon.

As you walked towards the stadium to watch the next battles, you were surprised to come across both Iida and Midoriya, who were watching not from the seated bleachers, but instead the fences. It must be because, after this battle, Iida and you would need to head down to the stadium together after this battle, which would be Kirishima's and Bakugo's battle.

"Hey..." You called out, Pikachu hobbling in front of you like he's leading you. Both Iida and Midoriya turned over. Midoriya smiled a little.

"(Last)-san. Congrats on your battle."

"Yes...it was truly astounding," Iida commented, still slightly reeling from that battle he just witnessed.

You smiled just a little. "Thanks, and congrats to you too Iida."

"Yes, Uraraka-san was a great opponent." Iida fixed his glasses, there was a weird uncertainty Iida was exhibiting as he continues. "Now that we're in the top 5, I wonder how the next battles will go on." Iida then appointed to the two of his companions. "I'll use your battle with Todoroki-kun as a lesson...your last battle too (Last)-san."

There was a slight sad tinge coming from Midoriya, who probably still wanted to win deep down. You were quick to divert the conversation by humming a little, leaning over the fences to catch how the battle was going on. You noticed the little shuffles Iida did, and the slightly worried stares Midoriya cast to class-A bleachers.

An odd pause circled you three. You raised a brow, Pikachu looking around in confusion. You cleared your throat, giving Iida a look. "Just to reassure you guys, Ochaco-chan is alright."

They flinched. Iida stuttered, looking bewildered by your sudden call-out. "Y-Yes, I'm sure she is, why are you saying that all of a sudden (Last)-san?"

"Well..." You drawled, looking away to the battle below. "You're not avoiding the bleachers because of Ochaco-chan, are you? Hmmm?"

Iida felt even more attacked by that. "O-Of course not! I'm standing here because we're supposed to be getting ready to head down again! You remember that right!?"

You laughed. "Yes, yes, I do." You then glanced at Midoriya, making sure to reassure the both of them. "But really, don't worry too much about Ochaco-chan." You smiled a little at both of them. "She's strong like that."

With your words ending in a sense of finality, the duo could only nod slowly, taking into your assurance gratefully. The mood shifted, and Midoriya was obviously going to bring up what had transpired in your battle. "It was amazing, the Gigantamax..."

You hummed, "It took a while to understand, but after practicing, I'm just glad that everything went alright..." You watched as Kirishima went for the punch, Bakugo going on the defensive by watching Kirishima's movement. It was odd to see the usually so explosive character going for the defensive part. Then you perked, taking in Midoriya cast and whatnot. "Oh, and it looked like the surgery went fine."

"Yes, that's right Midoriya-kun!" Iida interrupted, "I completely forgot to say."

"Ah-thank you, and it's fine Iida-kun...Recovery Girl healed me enough to get me walking. The rest of the Pokemon works really swiftly with her that I always got distracted by them."

You chuckled a little, sounding a little tired now that Iida and Midoriya were focusing. "Hmm, that's good. I'm really glad they're fitting in so well..."

Midoriya nodded slowly, the battles must be taking a lot of energy out of you, especially since your trying so hard with your goals at the moment. He can't even describe how much he had noticed you wandering around to accomplish a few acts to make sure everything goes spick and span; no wonder you're tired. He decided to converse with Iida, curiously asking. "Is your brother, Ingenium, watching your accomplishment?"

The sky was back to its vibrant blue, the earlier haze from gigantamaxing disappeared once Pikachu got back on his original form. Iida replied. "I called him earlier, it looks like he's still working." Then Iida smiled, looking down at the battleground with determination, a sense of pride lingering in his eyes. "But I'm glad that he didn't pick up. Since I've come this far, I'll call when I'm number one."

"Oho!" You smiled lightly, leaning past this fence lazily. Pikachu hobbled up your form to hang on your shoulders as you smirked. "That's some bold words coming from someone that hasn't fought me yet." Pikachu agreed, crying a supportive. "Pika!"

Midoriya internally thought, 'Saying someone's bold for not fighting them yet is also bold, (Last)-san...' He, in slight exasperation, watched as Iida flinched at the call out, jutting his hands forward comically. "W-We'll just have to see later on, (Last)-san!"

Just then, Bakugo counter-attacked Kirishima with a blast, the three of you shifted your attention to the battle. It was getting obvious that Kirishima had been straining to keep up his hardening quirk for far too long, that its finally reached his breaking point. Bakugo used this chance to attack, using all the explosions he can release. Kirishima was down before you know it, meaning Bakugo goes to the 3rd round.

"With Bakugo's intense carpet bombing, he advances to the 3rd round!" Present Mic explains, as then the best 5 pictures showed up on the screen. "Now we have our top 5 players!"

And in that best of 5, there would be...

Tokoyami Fumikage,

Todoroki Shoto,

Iida Tenya,

Bakugo Katsuki,

And you, (Last) (Name).

Meowth then added, leering over a little. "Alright, now please get to the stage to find out who'll battle who! You're in odd numbers, so get to it, twerps!"

"Alright, I'll be going. Let's go, (Last)-san." Iida was already walking off to get to the ground floor, calling your forward to follow. As Iida walked off further, you lightly patted Midoriya's shoulders before you too left, the boy nodding at you encouragingly as Pikachu gave him a small smile. With your silent conversation, you went off, trying to catch up with Iida who was already far ahead. The smile you had slowly falling off just a tinged.

Just a few more...

Your eyes down-casted, you just want to stop feeling this guilty.

That's all you need.

❧❧❧

Omake:

Uraraka tearfully tried to wipe the tears that were flowing down her face, biting her lips in light frustration. She made it this far, but why does it feel like it's not enough?

The voice of her fathers was echoed into her ear through her flip-phone phone, as she listened with small sobs. "Ochaco...you don't have to rush. Because I know that a girl with a big heart like you, will definitely be a great hero." The only sobs only came full force, as tears hit the table.

She was so distracted by what's going on, that she had barely realized when something pushed opened the door slightly open, the door being shut close softly by what looked to be ribbons rounding on the door handle.

Uraraka raised her head a little when she felt something reaching over to brush the tear running down her cheeks. She halted her sobs, sniffling a little to peer down. She saw that a white-tipped with blue and pink brushing her tears, then she looked to her side, seeing the worried-looking Sylveon pawing her thighs.

"Sylv~" Sylveon cooed, pawing her thigh again worriedly, brushing away any stray tears that slid down her face. Uraraka blinked in surprise before the surprise disappeared, and her heart felt warm. Both from her father's comforting words and Sylveon's care.

She slowly got on her knees to hug the creature in her hold, Sylveon wrapping her ribbons around Uraraka's form as the creatures cooed again.

Apparently, Uraraka's father could hear the noise, questioning curiously. "Ah-what's that? Sounded like an animal..."

Uraraka giggled in light of her still teariness, telling her father. "No dad, it's one of my friend's Pokemon...!" Then Uraraka figured something, looking down at the Sylveon with a sudden understanding. She asked the Pokemon softly. "D-Did (Name)-chan...?"

Sylveon understanding her words already, nodded. Uraraka couldn't help that smile that grew just a little wider. You really did tell Sylveon to come by to check on her.

"Oh, I see. I also saw her on TV, she was the one in your team right?" Her father seemed happy for Ochaco. "I'm glad you've found good friends."

Uraraka couldn't help wrap her arms tighter around the ribbon Pokemon. "...Yes, me too."

❧❧❧

Hi. So yeah, I lied.

Remember in the little QnA section where I said I wasn't planning on using Dynamax or z-moves. Yeah well at that time, I was telling the truth! Truly, I had no intention of adding these move sets to the storyline. However, after some careful consideration and more brainstorming, I decided that this needed to be done. There's a reason Dynamax is used! And it will be explained in the future! So yeah, here have chongky Pikachu. He's big and round...and he says PEE.

My sense of humor truly has met its end if Pikachu saying PEE like that makes me laugh till my guts hurt, but here we are.

Can I just say...I had so much fun writing Ibara's and reader's battle, that honestly I've never felt so overwhelmed? Usually, battles take a while for me to truly comprehend over my head, it takes a lot of trying to find the right moves and right action each character makes, and I've never felt so exhilarated writing this. Definitely one of my favorite battle scenes! And I hoped you enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Reader is...definitely beating the living crap out of everyone she's seeing, huh? I'd like to say our protagonist is going all out, but that's pretty much a lie too, eh? Hahaha, anyway, we're actually reaching around where the semi-finals are! So we're honestly nearing the end of the Sports Festival.

Although I said I would post this faster than the last update, I failed to realize how much busier I'd be these months. Yet, even so, good news, I'm already 5 chapters ahead for this book! Big yay! Honestly, I'm just as bewildered how I was able to get 5 chapters more but here we are. I think if I could provide anyone advice on writer's block now, I'd say, write parts you want to write. Even if the part probably takes place 10 chapters ahead or something XD, it really helps you let out that creative juice at the very least.

Hopefully, I'll be updating consistently this time, but I can't make any promises with it since I still have to edit the chapters. At the very least, I'll try to update next week! See ya thenn-!

Side Note: Honestly, I wanted to add the Gym Leader's battle from Sword&Shield, but got embarrassed in doing so, hehe. Honestly, you can use that as Music for reading reader's battles, but the story part doesn't really align with the music's pacing, as the song finish way faster before the battle ends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 8.4K 58
"ANGER MAKES YOU STUPID DYNAMIGHT, AND STUPID GETS YOU KILLED." "ARE YOU CALLING ME STUPID?!" A new group of villains that go by the name of The Hero...
99K 1.9K 6
[ 𝗩𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗢𝗨𝗦! 𝗠𝗬 𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗢 𝗔𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗠𝗜𝗔 𝗫 𝗙𝗘𝗠! 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗥 , 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎, 𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 ] ❝...
101K 2.7K 16
"𝙛𝙪𝙘𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙖𝙡𝙚𝙘𝙠.." [𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜] 𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙗𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡𝙨 𝙗𝙮 𝙖 𝙗𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡
32K 719 32
Currently Rewriting! The description is the same but the rewritten chapters have a gender neutral reader Living in a world filled with superpowers is...