September Leaves | The Music...

By Strxwberry_Sugxr

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙ 𝘈 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘔𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘤 𝘍𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘴 𝘰𝘯𝘦-𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘵𝘴 »»-------------¤... More

𝚁𝚞𝚕𝚎𝚜 & 𝚁𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚜 ✎
𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬𝘴 ☽
𝘋𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘢𝘭 ✩‧˚
𝘓𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘕𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘕𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘴 ✎
𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 ·˚ ༘
𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘔𝘦𝘦𝘵 ੈ✩‧₊˚
𝘊𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘈𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭 ➶ ➴

𝘕𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘐𝘯 𝘓𝘪𝘯𝘦 ❀

1.1K 16 13
By Strxwberry_Sugxr

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

╰┈➤ 𝚃𝚒𝚝𝚕𝚎: ɴᴇxᴛ ɪɴ ʟɪɴᴇ
✦ 𝚂𝚑𝚒𝚙: ᴅʀᴀɴᴅᴇʀ, ꜱʟɪɢʜᴛ ʟᴀɪʟᴇʏ
✦ 𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚛𝚎: ꜰʟᴜꜰꜰ/ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴛɪᴄ
✦ 𝚁𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝙱𝚢: Oceanangst

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"Okay, I'm ready!" A teal-haired bride exclaimed, finishing adjusting her tie as she turned around to meet her brother. "How do I look?" She asked, twirling around in her white tux. 

"Like a queen," Zander beamed, clasping his hands together. 

"Really?" Hailey chuckled, dusting off the coat, "You think Luke will like it?" 

"Hails," The mauve-haired boy sighed, "He's gonna love it." 

His step-sister grinned at him, before softly sighing, turning around to gaze at the mirror, "You know, I always thought it would be you walking down the aisle to Luke." 

Zander scoffed in response, "Believe me, for the longest time, so did I," His violet gaze softened, recalling his breakup with the drummer, the rather eventful first year of college... Drew...

"Did you finish writing your best person speech?" Hailey asked, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Huh?" He lightly shook his head, breaking away from the memories, "Oh, yeah..." He passed for a moment, before faltering, "You know, as much as I love being your best person, I'm not one to make good speeches..." 

"Geez, not this again," Hailey groaned, rubbing the bridge of her nose, annoyed the topic had come up once more, "Come on, you only have to say like two paragraphs! And besides, all you have to do is talk about me and Luke, and love, and whatever," She suddenly stopped, a sly smirk spreading onto her face, "It shouldn't be that difficult, considering how lovey-dovey you are around Drew~" She teased, biting her lip in a futile attempt to hold back a giggle. 

Zander felt his face burn, his eyes widening, his shoulders tensing up, "H-Hey!" He stammered out. 

Her sister let out a quick cackle, before placing a hand on her brother's shoulder, "In all seriousness though," She composed herself, sucking in a deep breath, "No pressure. You'll just be making a speech about me and the love of my life in front of hundreds of people, including a bunch of judgy strangers. And it's only like, what'll no doubt be the most important and special day of my life, so, no pressure at all." 

"I hate you," Zander muttered, as Hailey laughed once again.

"Come on," The ebony-eyed woman laughed, fixing up her suit once more, before grabbing the bouquet of white roses on the sanity, "It's showtime."

---

"Alright, Jake!" Sean exclaimed into the microphone, "That was a pretty amazing best man speech!" 

The peach-haired boy smiled, going back to the large table at the end of the venue, where Zander and the newlywed couple sat. Before sitting down at his spot next to Luke, he leaned over, whispering into Zander's ear, "Beat that." He pulled away, giving a playful smirk towards the ombre-haired man, sitting back down.

"Next up for speeches, we got, none other than Hailey's brother, Zander!" The latter took a deep breath, standing up and grabbing the microphone. A few cheers and claps were heard from the crowd.

Scanning the crowd, he felt himself slightly shaking. Hailey was right, there were a lot of people here... A lot more than he remembered... His eyes suddenly landed on a pair of familiar hickory ones. Seeing Drew's gentle smile, Zander calmed himself, clearing his throat. "Um, hello-" He immediately stopped, hearing the piercing sound echo across the large room. Many people covered their ears at the sound, "Oh, sorry!" Zander stuttered, awkwardly chuckling.

"Um..." He pulled the cards he had written on from his back pocket, staring down at them, "So- uh-" He stopped mid-sentence. A silence filled the air, one that was clearly uncomfortable for everyone. Zander glanced back up at Drew, seeing the kindness and love they held. Slowly, he put the cards back into his pocket once more.

"Love," He began, still staring into his lover's eyes, "Love is truly a gift. It's having someone by your side, a shoulder to cry on, someone who you'll carry with you forever. Someone you can see your future with, a person you can't wait to spend your life with. Sometimes it's the people you least expect to be the one..." He felt a small smile tugging at his lips, "Love is two people, destined to be together. Made for each other," Snapping out of his trance, he pulled away from Drew's gaze, back to the crowd, "And ladies and gentlemen, I assure you," He took a moment to look at his steps-sister and childhood friend, now brother-in-law, "Hailey Austin and Luke Peterson were made for each other." 

The crowd erupted into cheers, claps, and awes. Zander and Drew exchanged a quick smile, before Zander gave the microphone back to Sean, sitting back down next to his sister. Leaning back, he made eye contact with Jake, mouthing "Beat that." 

"Alright, everyone! How about we start eating?" Sean exclaimed as the crowd stood up from their seats, beginning to walk to the dining hall. 

"Those speeches were amazing, both of you!" Luke beamed, speaking to Jake and Zander.

"Yeah, I don't know what you were so worried about, Zander, I mean, your speech had me in tears," Hailey uttered, before nudging her husband, "I heard this one sniffling quite a bit, too." 

Luke laughed at his wife, before standing up from his seat, "Well, how about we go eat?" He suggested. 

The other three agreed, and while Jake, Luke, and Hailey disappeared into the crowd, Zander went to search for his boyfriend. 

"Boo." Feeling a light tap on his shoulder, the periwinkle-eyed man turned around, breaking into a smile.

"Hey," He murmured, grabbing Drew's hand, as the two began to walk towards the dining hall, with everyone else. 

"Your hand is really sweaty," Drew pointed out, "Were you nervous?" 

"Obviously I was!" Zander exclaimed, lightly smacking the magenta-haired boy with his free hand.

He laughed in response before apologizing, "Yeah, sorry! But, that wasn't the speech you wrote, what happened to that?" He titled his head in curiosity, his hair tousling over his eyes.  

"Oh," Zander lightly exclaimed, his cheeks flushing as a shy smile crossed his expression, "Well, the speech I prepared was super boring and stuff, and I made that bet with Jake on who could make the better best man speech," He explained, "I really didn't wanna lose, and then, looking into your eyes, I just..." He paused, halting his movement, causing Drew to stop walking as well, "I just said how I feel when I'm with you..." He murmured, turning his head away.

"Aw~" Drew teased, leaning forward and passionately pecking his lover's cheek. 

"Oh, shut up," Zander giggled, lightly pushing Drew away from him, still clutching his hand, lightly swinging their arms. 

"Okay, well, I don't know about you," Drew spoke, shifting the topic, "But I'm not eating. I gotta keep my stomach empty for the cake," Seeing the unimpressed look on Zander's face, he added, "They got a red velvet cake, Zander! You know I love red velvet!"

Zander laughed in response, "How'd I end up with a dork like you?" 

Placing his chin on his boyfriend's shoulder, Drew smirked, "But I'm your dork." 

The other ran a hand through his boysenberry locks, briefly glancing at Drew, before suddenly pulling away from him, quickly running away.

"Hey! Where are you going?!" Drew exclaimed.

"I gotta go before they run out of those orange flavored chocolates!" Zander called back, his voice fading away. 

"Wait for me!" The fuschia-haired man shouted, running to catch up with his lover. 

The rest of the night was quite eventful. Lots of conversations and laughter were exchanged between the college friends. Stacy, Milly, and Daisy all gave lovely toasts. There was Luke and Hailey's first dance, which left the guests in awe. And of course, the traditional bouquet toss.

"Ugh," Zander sighed, a clear sign of annoyance.

"What's wrong?" Jake asked, mouth full of cake.

"The bouquet toss," Zander murmured, crossing his arms, "I've always found it stupid. I mean, a bunch of idiots scrambling to catch a bouquet, half of them aren't even in relationships." 

"Well, your best friend is one of those idiots," Drew quipped, nodding towards Daisy, who was in the crowd of girls. 

"Maybe you're just jealous because you physically can't catch anything," Jake mocked, "I mean, we all know you two would love to get ma-" Drew harshly smacked his best friend before he could finish, "Ouch!" Jake whined, rubbing the area that was hit. 

"Whatever," Zander huffed in response, before standing up, "I have to go to the bathroom." Truthfully, deep down, he *did* want to get married. To Drew. Though, he would never admit that. He didn't wanna be moving too fast for his boyfriend, and he was completely happy with how their relationship was now.

Making his way to the restroom, he heard the sound of a lot of high-pitched shrieking. Zander turned around to see what was going on when he saw something flying directly towards him. His natural instinct was to put his hands in front of him to shield his face. Squeezing his eyes closed, he felt the object collide into his hands, it was a lot softer than he anticipated. It was also very frilly, so much so Zander closed his hand, and managed to grasp whatever had flown towards him. A silence filled the room, as Zander slowly opening his eyes. In his hands, was the white bouquet of roses. He had caught the bouquet.

*He and Drew were next to get married.*

His eyes widened, staring down in shock at the object he held, a light hue fading onto his face, a few small cheers heard from the crowd.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the room, a hazel-eyed boy was bursting out in laughter. "Oh my God! No way!" Jake cackled, nudging the shorter man next to him, "Hey Drew~" He pestered. 

Drew responded by spitting out his water in pure shock, staring at his lover, his face a blushing mess. "Ah, this is golden!" Jake laughed, managing to snap a photo of Drew's expression, "Milly will love this..." He muttered, opening his contacts to text the red-eyed woman. 

Moments later, a familiar laugh was heard from another table, that undeniably belonged to Milly. 

"So... When's the wedding?" Jake smirked, placing an elbow on the table, and using his hand to rest his head on. 

"W-whatever," Drew stammered, clearly flustered, "It's just a myth anyway..." He crossed his arm, pouting. 

"Aw, that's too bad," The taller man sighed, messing up Drew's hair. 

A few moments later, Daisy returned to the table, and Jake quickly opened his phone to show the white-haired woman the photos.

Drew quickly glanced at Jake to make sure he wasn't paying attention, then smiled to himself, leaning forward. Briefly gazing at Zander, who still held the bouquet, Drew whispered to himself, "I'll propose soon, Zander, just you wait..." 

*"He's my forever... Always..."*

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

I hope you guys enjoyed! ^^
I apologize for any mistakes, I didn't have time to proof-read this one

Also, I'd like to friendly remind you guys to be respectful to all ships. If you don't ship something, there's no need to make others feel bad. So, if you're gonna comment something disrespectful, just don't comment anything at all, otherwise, I'll be deleting your comment. 

There were quite a few references to Ocean's amazing College AU, which you can find on RMM or 21st's Fanfic Library on Discord, so go check that out! <3

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 3.8K 68
" dumb bitch " competed!! ʰⁱᵍʰᵉˢᵗ ʳᵃⁿᵏⁱⁿᵍ ; ⁵/¹⁶/¹⁹ #³⁰ ᵐᶜᶜʳᵉᵃᵐʸ #⁴⁷ ˢᵐⁱⁱ⁷ʸ
39.4K 1K 9
All characters are from The Music Freaks by RosyClozy Jake x Drew, Gay, fluff, Angst, & henriam Drew has never liked the music freaks ever sense...
1.3K 75 35
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 '𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐁𝐈𝐃𝐃𝐄𝐍' 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐳 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰�...
29.7K 636 54
cringe warning Slow updates 😞