Entangled Knot

By _manan__

They say that being grown-up means you have survived at least three disasters and one apocalypse. Quite often... More

Author's Note
Characters sketch
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Author note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 4

2.2K 232 18
By _manan__

Author POV

Everyone in Manik's family heard his loud voice and felt guilty for Nandini. After a few minutes, Manik stormed out of his room and left the house. Everyone sighed seeing him behaving like this. No one took any initiatives to stop him because they all knew he needed some time to accept his new life.

Next morning

Everyone tried to behave normally but their situations made their mood sour. Till now Manik didn't return home. This made everyone sad. Everyone sat in the living area and were doing their respective works silently. Cabir was helping Navya to make Kiara drink milk, Ram was speaking to someone on the phone, Nyonika was praying to God for the welfare of her children whereas Mukthi and Tarak were still sleeping.

Suddenly, they saw Nandini descending the stairs in her black kurta.

But she just left the house without speaking or informing about her departure to anyone. They became shocked to see Nandini going out. Nyonika tried stopping Nandini but Ram held her hand and signalled her no.

"Ram, she is going out and that too this early. It's just 8 in the morning and without eating anything" asked Nyonika worriedly.

"Nyonika first of all relax. I too know that she is leaving too early and without saying anything. But I will ask you one question. Did you stop Manik last night when he was going out??" asked Ram. Nyonika stayed silent.

Ram sighed and continued " No, we didn't stop Manik. Then how can we stop Nandini? We thought Manik need some time to adjust these things. So we stayed silent yesterday. Then the same thing goes for Nandini. She also needs time to adjust to these new things. I think Nandini needs more time than Manik because yesterday only she left her home and till few hours before her marriage, she had no clue about her marriage. No girl would like her marriage to happen in that kind of situations. But Nandini accepted for all our shake. And yesterday the way Manik's shouted at her was wrong. I know he was stressed because of all these sudden changes but that doesn't mean he can shout at Nandini. His behaviour was unacceptable. Maybe he might regret doing this act someday. The main thing was that She is new here. She needs time to mingle with others. So just leave her the way she wants."

Nyonika nodded her head with a worried emotion and continued "But..."

Ram stopped her in the middle and stated "Yeah, I know you're worried about her safety. They both are grown-ups they can take care of themselves. I have faith in them. Come on,  we just concentrate on our regular life and they surely will come around one day. If we pressurise them then it will become more difficult for them. And for breakfast, I know why you are so worried about this. It's because she didn't eat anything last night right? I think she will take care of it. Let's give her some time. Maybe she would have gone to her house." Nyonika understood his words and went to continued her work.

By 11 in the morning, Nandini parents came to visit Nandini. Both Ram and Nyonika became confused after seeing them there. Neil and Ragini became shocked and worried when they got to know that Nandini left from there without informing anything. Neil got angry at Nandini's act but Ram calmed him by making him understand her situation. But everyone became agitated because no one knows Nandini's whereabouts.

Neil tried for Nandini's phone but it remained switched off. They called Twisha (Nandini's friend) and some of her friends asked them regarding Nandini's whereabout. But no one knows where Nandini was gone. So they decided to wait for some time.

After some time everyone saw Manik entering the house. He directly went to his room without sparing a single glance at anyone. After some time, he came down getting ready in his black suit and went to his office.

Both of their parents became worried by seeing their children behaving like this. Later Ragini got a call from Twisha, after hearing her words Ragini face lit up. Then Ragini informed everyone that Nandini had just gone to her office as she had an important court hearing today. All became relieved after hearing it. Neil and Ragini wanted to talk to Nandini and so they waited for her arrival.

The clock ticked seven in the evening, Cabir and Mukthi came from their office. Till now Nandini didn't come back home. Even Manik too. Neil was very upset with Nandini's behaviour. After a long wait, they saw Nandini entering the house by eight at night. Everyone became relieved seeing Nandini.

Ragini stood up and smiled at Nandini but she had blank expressions on her face which made Ragini dreadful. She directly went to manik's room without speaking a single word to anyone. Ram and Nyonika felt sad for Neil and Ragini. They thought Nandini was stressed and so she was behaving like that. But little did they know that Nandini stayed like this to her parents even before this marriage situations.

Nyonika asked Ragini to go and meet Nandini in her room. But Ragini knew that Nandini would not talk to her despite her efforts. So she denied nyonika's request. Neil and Ragini departed from there with a gloomy face.

Later Manik came from his office. Everyone came for dinner. Nyonika asked Navya to call Nandini for dinner. At that time everyone noticed manik's face which held rage. However, Navya went to call Nandini for dinner. She knocked on the door thrice and got no response. Getting no response, She opened the door by herself and saw Nandini sleeping peacefully. Not to disturb her, she silently closed the door and left from there.

She went down and explained the same to Nyonika. Others started their dinner. Nyonika mentally noted to talk with Nandini tomorrow morning. While eating, all noticed Manik's changed behaviour. Usually, he was a talkative person. But today he remained silent during the whole dinner. Everyone tried cheering him but miserably failed.

So Cabir used his master card. He whispered something in Kiara's ear. Kiara got down from her chair and went near Manik and grabbed the hem of his shirt and pulled it lightly. Manik cluelessly looked at her. She forwarded her hands at Manik indicating him to pick her up. Manik picked her up and made Kiara sit on his lap. She stood up on his lap and kissed Manik's cheek. This unexpected act of hers made Manik smile with happiness.
Soon everyone understood the meaning behind her antics and played along with her.

Mukthi stood up asked, "All the love and kisses only for your Manik chachu!! Then what about me ?".

Even Tarak joined "Exactly Mukthi dii I agree with you. Kiara, What about me? I was the one who bought chocolates for you today."

Navya gasped at this newfound information and looked at Tarak with blazing eyes. Tarak gave her a mischievous smile.  Everyone laughed at his nervousness. Even Manik smiled seeing this. Seeing him smile, Ram and Nyonika felt relieved. Soon Everyone finished their dinner.

Later Cabir stated, "I'm getting tired now - let's call it a day. Good night". Soon everyone went to their respective rooms. They thought Manik would go to his room but he went to Tarak's room.
____________________________

Thank you for reading ❤️
Please vote, share and comment.

Author's note
Hey guys,
I never expected this much tremendous support from you all. I just started this story a few days back now it crossed 650+ reads. Thank you all for that. But still, I request you all to post your comment and vote for my story and let me know about your opinions and modifications if needed. Thank you ❤️😃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 85.3K 91
*Completed* Thank you for dropping here, Happy reading Prologue 'Fated But Was It In Destiny'. Love is a beautiful feeling, one to cherish, but what...
67.5K 4.3K 38
Manik-Nandini, Cabir-Navya were two couples madly in love with eachother. what will happen if destiny plays a cruel game on them and both the couples...
59.7K 3.3K 7
✨""We spend our lives searching for meaning. Take a break. Let it find You.""✨ "I'm leaving!" She paused "I need a b...
24K 2.9K 32
16/12/2022- Ongoing "Didn't I told you to not let him touch you, then why did he? Answer me?" "I am not answerable to you?" "Did you just roll your e...