The Mistic Awards

By MultiPlexComm

~Judging entries~ Welcome humans, witches and other creatures to the Mistic Awards! In this Mini Awards... More

Welcome and Introduction
Prizes and Perks
How will it Work?
Rules
Forms For Participants
Forms For Judges
Best Title Entries
Best Cover Entries
Best Blurb Entries
Poetry Entries
Short Story Entries
Best Couple Entries
Best Plot Twist Entries
Best Scene Entries
Best Cliffhanger Entries
Best Male Protagonist Entries
Best Female Protagonist Entries
Best Male Antagonist Entries
Best Supporting Character Entries
Best Profile Picture Entries
Best Theme Entries
Best Bio Entries
˚ ✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ | A Very Important Announcement
˚ ✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ | Best Title Results: Winners
˚ ✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ | Best Cover Results: Winners
˚ ✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ | Best Blurb Results: Winners
˚ ✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ | Short Story Results: Winners
˚ ✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ | Best Couple Results: Winners
˚ ✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ | Best Bio Results
˚ ✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ | Best Female Protagonist Winners
˚ ✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ | Best Cliffhanger Results: Winners
˚ ✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ | Best Scene Results: Winners
˚ ✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ | Best Profile Picture and Best Theme: Winners

˚ ✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ | Poetry Results: Winners

70 10 26
By MultiPlexComm

If you don't see your book, comment inline here!

Regret of a Girl
By rewanashi

Total: 64/70

This book of poetry was a tad bit dark at first, but then it got happily reminiscent. The way you told a deep story through poetry was amazing and I felt like I was in another world. The writing style, cover, and overall flow of it were wonderful and well-done. Something to work on is your punctuation because, throughout the book, I noticed that commas weren't spaced out. Usually, commas are spaced out by adding a space before the second clause to connect the two clauses together. My final word to you is to keep writing and improving because you have that great ability for storytelling.

Shades of Reality
By NinoLahiffe101

Total: 61/70

This compilation of poems was absolutely lovely but deep, heartfelt, and full of emotion that almost made me weep. As an editor myself, I can tell you that the vocabulary, flow, use of literary devices, and writing style were excellent and right on point. One suggestion I have is to make the blurb and cover stand out more. Your cover was beautiful, but the title on it was hard to focus on even though it was large, and slightly blended in. As for the blurb, it gave a general idea of what the book was about, but it lacked an interesting hook like a quote, song lyric, excerpt from one of your poems, etc to draw in readers. All in all, keep on writing because you have the fantastic ability to evoke emotion in your poetry and I'm definitely looking forward to reading your future work.

Blue Lavender
By akshitaspoetry

Total: 67/70

This book was lovely, bittersweet, and dark all the way through. The cover, title, blurb, and writing style were superb and eloquent. Your vocabulary and flow were *chefs kiss* and very well done. I did notice a few grammar errors, but it was minor and can be easily fixed by going through it again and reading it out loud. If it sounds weird when you say it out loud, then you should probably change the wording. Don't let this stop you though, you are a prominent writer with an excellent vocabulary, so keep on writing.

Lacher Prise
By happysnowfeet 

Total: 66/70

This work was full of the sadness and bittersweetness of a breakup and lost love, but also of strength proving that you're a survivor. The cover, blurb, flow, title, writing style, and punctuation were excellent and of very good quality. However, I did notice some minor grammar and spelling mistakes, but you can easily fix this by spell-checking the poems and reading them out loud. If it sounds weird when you say it out loud, then you should probably change the wording. Putting lyrics in writing could be risky, but I believe they at the end were a nice touch and a great closing. Overall, you're a great writer who puts sincerity and feeling in your poetry, so keep on writing. 

Something's Left
By papersxpen

Total: 66/70

I love the sincerity and the authenticity in your poem. It was raw and unique, and your writing style was distinctly your own. I love the depth and the thoughts you put into your poem. They flow very well. However, I do suggest working a bit on your cover—maybe getting one from a cover shop—and finessing your grammar a bit, so that the overall read is perfect. In the big picture, I loved this book, and found it lovely.

Painted Words
By Po_writing1

Total: 60/70

I enjoyed the way your poems explored themes, like happiness, pain, eternity etc. The simplicity around them made them interesting, relatable and appealing. If anything, I would suggest working on your grammar—I spotted a couple of stray commas and splices, which, if removed, would make your book amazing :)

Euphoria Writes
By Cocoblonci

Total: 59/60

I love the way you use imagery and descriptions in your poems — apart from being quite emotional, they explore themes with a rather philosophical sense. Though quite dark, your poetry is beautiful, and all I'd suggest you do is work on the first impression—the cover and the blurb. <3

Ankhesenamun
By Queen_of_life_Heba

Total: 68/70

I liked the historical significance and culture some of your poems have, and the way you described both the emotions and physical state of things with several literary devices. I read them all—something I don't normally do when it comes to judging! Keep on writing! :D

Promises and Their Outcomes
By TamashaWrites

Total: 60/70

Your poems were beautiful and sweet, and I loved reading them. You really captured the essence of free verse in your writing. <3 With a bit of work on your first impression, and some fixation upon the syllable scheme, I think you'll have an epic poetry book on your hands!

Garnished With Love
By _miss_idealist_

Total: 65/70

I loved reading your poems! Your vocabulary deserves a chef's kiss, as does the emotions and themes you captured in them. Earlier on, I noticed a couple of mistakes with punctuation — such as putting spaces before exclamation marks, which are normally written as, "This is a sentence!" with the space following it. Apart from that, your poems were a lovely read!

Sonnets Mine
By Rachel_MercuryHolmes

Total: 70/70

What can I say? Your poems are marvellous. They flowed so well, and resonated deep. There weren't any grammar mistakes, and the typos were negligible — believe me, I hunted. I love your descriptive language, and the way your poems are based off situations, written to someone or for someone. They deserve this!<3

Black Dwam
By bored_mama

Total: 67/70

Your poems are descriptively dark, and I read the entirety of the book. The vagueness left a lot to imagination, something I really loved. The only mistake I noticed worth mentioning is a punctuation error. When writing dialogues, there is no need to put punctuation after the quotation marks if you put some inside. For example, '"She said she's going to run away!," said Sasha.' The comma I've put in bold is not needed ^_^. Aside from the minor things, your poems were lovely, so keep going! They're amazing!

Just Live Life
By Moody_mystic

Total score: 64/70

Your poems were absolutely lovely! It was great fun reading them. The only qualm I'd suggest you fix is the punctuation — adding commas where they're needed; it's important to be careful with those, especially in poetry. Take care when writing with conjunctions. Apart from that, great job, and keep on going!

* * *

All of these poetry books were great, and if it was a VERY tight contest, with so many scores in the fifties and sixties out of seventy! (I judged ten of these fifteen books, and I'm not the most generous with marks.) You guys have got GREAT books here! Keep on going! 

* * *

And now . . .

ONTO OUR WINNERS!

In third place, we have a tie! Both with the score of 67/70, the LOVELY books:

BLUE LAVENDER
By akshitaspoetry

AND

BLACK SWAM
By bored_mama!

And, in SECOND place, with a score of 68/70:

Ankensenamun
By Queen_of_life_Heba!

And now — someone give me a drumbeat — our GRAND winner!

In FIRST place, with a STUNNING score of 70/70:

Sonnets Mine
By Rachel_MercuryHolmes!

CONGRATS to all the winners! You've all done so amazing!

We will be DM-ing your prizes by the end of today, or early tomorrow! (Timezone: IST, the time of publishing being 12:20pm.)

* * *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 784 26
its all in the title babes 😋
402K 5.5K 28
Emmett loves to be a rebel. He skips school to hang out, drink, and smoke with his two friends when suddenly he and his best friend are cornered and...
281K 8.1K 136
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."