Tarlos Adoption Story

By JustAWonderingPoet

Carlos and his partner Lindsey respond to a domestic violence call turned homicide and find more than they ex... More

Cast
911, What's your emergency?
Mommy's Okay?
Police Station
Emotional Stories
First Night Home
Meeting The Team
Professional Chit Chat
Ihop
Grandson
Stable
Grandpa Number 3, Grandma Number 2
Drop Off
Aftermath
Statement
Our Last Family Dinner.
As a family.
Family Court
Sweet Dreams
Saying Goodbye
Happily Ever After
Epilogue

Daycare

4.1K 79 4
By JustAWonderingPoet

Btw every time I introduce a new character I update the cast list so check it out if you wanna put a face to a name.
________________________________

TK's POV

I woke up early that day. I hated waking up early but my job as a parent and my side gig as a paramedic sorta require it. That's fine though, I wouldn't really get to spend much time with Lane that day so getting up early and having breakfast together sounded nice.

The first thing I did was get myself dressed and drink a cup of coffee with a little to much sugar in it.

After drinking my over sweetened coffee it was finally time to wake my kid up. Carlos came home late the night before so I decided to let him sleep a little longer.

I stepped into Lane's room and the sight I was met with made me smile immediately. My son was sleeping peacefully in his bed fully covered by his blanket except for one arm that was out of his blanket and wrapped tightly around his favorite stuffed elephant. I almost didn't want to wake him up, but we all had places to be today so sleeping in wasn't an option.

I walked up to Lane's bed and put my hand on his back softly rubbing it up and down.

"Lane, come on we have to get up now." I told him softly as he fluttered his eyes open. He whined a little and rolled over to not have to face me. I laughed a little at this.

"Come on sweetie we need to get dressed and make breakfast, and then we can wake papa up."

He got excited when I mentioned Carlos. Lane had taken to calling Carlos papa that week, he doesn't call me dad or daddy yet which is kind of sad, but time will tell.

Lane climbed out of his bed while I looked through his wardrobe for what he should wear today. It was going to be hot all day so I settled for denim shorts, a Mickey Mouse t-shirt, and Velcro Adidas, because tying tiny shoelaces is hard.

Once Lane was dressed I had to help him brush his teeth, then I tried to put a little gel in his hair so it would remain in its natural curls all day, but the three year old flat out refused.

After our little hair gel debacle I decided to make breakfast while Lane played with toys in the living room. There isn't much a three year old can do to help in the kitchen anyways.

I chose to make everyone bacon and eggs for breakfast which is pretty basic but it's quick.

I was done cooking for three within forty minutes which is pretty damn impressive.

"Lane, baby, can you come here!" I called for Lane.

Within two seconds Lane came running through the door holding a toy fire truck my dad bought for him.

I knelt down to match his height.

"Let's go run and wake papa so he can have breakfast with us." I whispered to him.

He got really excited when he heard this and immediately dropped his truck and ran towards mine and Carlos' shared room.

By the time I had caught up to Lane he was already struggling to climb onto our bed where Carlos was laying peacefully asleep.

I picked him up and set him on the side of our bed I usually sleep on. Lane didn't hesitate to climb on top of Carlos and sit on his chest. Effectively scaring him awake.

"Papa! We needa eat beakfast!" He shouted, Lane has trouble with the letter r and remembering it exists.

"Okay, okay baby." Carlos told him while sitting up and kissing his cheek causing Lane to giggle.

Once Carlos had changed into his uniform we all sat down and ate breakfast as a family for the first time.

2 hours later

Carlos had to leave for work the second we finished eating, Lane was still getting a bit upset when Carlos had to leave but he'd been getting over it faster.

Right now he was playing with toy trucks in the living room while I was packing a snack for his first day at daycare. If I was being honest I would much rather Lane stay at the firehouse where I could keep an eye on him all day but realistically it's not really the safest place for a toddler.

"Sweetie are you ready to leave?" I asked Lane while putting his snack in his bag full of other things the daycare recommended to bring for him.

Lane came running to the kitchen where I was standing, he was holding his stuffed elephant. He held it out to me as if showing it off. If there's one thing I learned about my son it's that he's quiet, which isn't a problem, but it would be a hell of a lot easier if I could read minds.

"What is it honey? Do you want to bring your toy with you?" I asked him.

He responded by simply nodding his head.

"Yeah baby you can bring it, just try not to loose it okay."

"Okay TK!" He responded while smiling brightly.

I picked up his bag full of things he needed and grabbed his hand while we walked out the door together.

I picked Lane up and buckled him into his car seat double checking that his seat belt was tight enough and that I could see him perfectly in my rear view mirror.

"Do you want your sunglasses?" I asked Lane knowing how much he loves them.

He nodded his head enthusiastically and I slipped them on his face before kissing his cheek and closing the car door, I set his bag in the passenger seat, and jumped in the drivers seat. I slipped on my sunglasses that matched Lanes and played the soundtrack to a Disney movie before even starting the car.

It was a short drive to the daycare which was super disappointing, I just wanted to keep Lane with me all day everyday which'll probably get annoying but these people don't know anything about him. They don't know that he literally refuses to eat bread with the crust still on it, they don't know that he can't sleep unless there is a nightlight in the room, or that he's naturally a bit more quiet and stressing him out by trying to make him talk only makes him start crying.

I didn't really have much of a choice though. I couldn't keep Lane all to myself he needed to meet kids his age maybe it would even help with his shyness.

I hesitantly unloaded Lane from the car and walked inside to fill out the last two forms that are required for Lane to stay here while Carlos and I are at work.

After all the boring stuff I knelt down to look at Lane. I put my hands on his shoulder and looked him in the eyes.

"Lane, I need you to be good to all the nice people that work here, and I need you to be nice to all the other kids who stay here while their parents have to work."

He nodded in response, then before I realized what was happening he wrapped his arms around my neck and gave me a hug. I instinctively wrapped my arms around him and held him close to my chest burying my face in his mess of curls.

"I'm going to miss you so much today." I whispered softly into his hair.

After another minute he let go of my neck and I let go of him, I kissed his cheek before standing.

"Bye Lane." I waved while getting ready to walk out the door.

"Bye!" Lane shouted back to me while waving.

____________________________________

Time skip to TK picking Lane up

____________________________________

I pulled into the daycare parking lot it was past dark and Carlos was needed at the station for a couple more hours. I was also exhausted, not only did we have a few hectic calls, I had also been trying to adjust to my new work schedule which hadn't been easy.

When I got out the car I had to force myself not to run inside, maybe I was a little attached to my kid.

When I walked inside it was weird. Instead of having to sign a paper like I expected I was met with Lane sitting in a chair holding his stuffed elephant in the chair right next to him was a woman who I recognized as Lane's social worker.

She stood up when she saw me.

"Hello Mr. Strand." She said with a fake smile while stretching out her hand for me to shake.

"It's just TK." I said while I shook her hand.

"Yes well, TK," she fumbled a bit with a file she was holding close to her chest, "I was told to come find you ask that you and your-," she paused thinking for a second, "partner. Mr. Reyes meet with me and a couple other people at this address," she handed me a piece of paper from her file, "I suggest you get yourselves a good lawyer." She said the last bit somberly which sent me into panic mode.

"Uh okay." I said trying to keep my voice calm.

"We will meet next Saturday at 11:20 am, I suggest you try not to be late."

And just like that she walked out the door. I was just left there staring at the paper she gave me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 75 20
Hee Won 2 Years Old was left at a random car door by her parents who cannot afford to raise her as they have recently announced bankrupt. But nobody...
115K 2.5K 71
Avery Kate Strand is the daughter of Owen Strand and half-sister of T.K strand. Avery has always lived with her mom in Los Angeles. Owen has never re...
80.3K 1.7K 43
I do not own the plot or the characters of 9-1-1 Lone Star. I do own Bailey and the non-canon plot of this story. This is a FANFICTION. This story co...
69.8K 1.6K 50
(Tarlos fanfic , remade storytelling) Tk strand has been through a lot. Within his 20+ years of living he has gone through heartbreak , rejection , a...