The Player's Game

By tomiko_rose

||shiratorizawa x reader|| Y/n has to leave Kitagawa Daiichi and instead of going to Aoba Johsai, she must go... More

a.n
chapter . 2
chapter . 3
chapter . 4

chapter . 1

36 3 0
By tomiko_rose

hellooo its me

akkara-chan

uh yes its a collaboration✨ with the amazing writemeastar

.

.

.

sdjksdjks i'm bad at this lol

dm one of us if you have any story suggestions and/or requests!

feel free to comment because i like looking through them-

aNYWAY ONTO THE STORY

Your head rested against the car window. You saw your old school, Kitagawa Daiichi, and you turned the music in your earbuds down. Well, earbud, singular. Oikawa had burned off the other bud while trying to show off his 'science skills'. Why, just this morning you had been having fun with your team in the gym, but an hour ago you had said goodbye to them. They were probably hanging out at the ramen shop, as they always did on the last day of school.

You thought back to morning practice.

Flashback

"Do you really have to move away?" Oikawa whined for the millionth time.

You stopped folding the teams training bibs, with a laugh. "My dad found better work in that district. I have to go."

"... wEll you don't have to move schools either. It's like, a twenty minute drive, right? You can come to Aoba Johsai with us." He pouted.

"My mom works too, she and my father won't have time to drop me at school. I wish I could, going to a new school without you guys is lowkey scary" you say, looking at your fidgeting fingers.

"Oi, Shittykawa. Don't make her feel bad on her last day," Iwaizumi entered the storage room where you and Oikawa were.

Oikawa sticks his tongue out at Iwaizumi. "I'm not- am I?" He looks at you with concern written all over his face.

"No, it's fine," you say, "Where's Makki and Mattsun?"

"They're on their way," he says.

Right on cue, the two of them entered simultaneously, holding a large gift bag. They grin, "Y/n chan~ we got presents!" They announced happily.

".. you didn't have to- you didn't have to get me anything," your voice threatened to break, as you smiled at them, eyes stinging.

"Uhm? Yes? We did? We can't let you leave us without something to remember us by!" They said, somewhat sassily.

You gave them a closed eye smile as they handed it to you. You look inside and see a jersey in Aoba Johsai colours, with M written on the back and L/N on the top. There was a bracelet made of embroidery floss, in five colours on top of the jersey. The bracelet had the favourite colours of the four boys and yours.

Oikawa picked up the bracelet and put it on your wrist, "Now you have to remember us"

"Shut up Crappykawa, you didn't choose the presents, Makki, Mattsun and I were the ones who had these made." Iwaizumi said.

"That's because I was making my own special present for y/n." He dramatically produced a tupperware container from his bag. "Milk bread, from yours truly"

your lips parted into a grin, a single tear dropping down from your right eye. "Thank you so much guys. I won't forget you all!"

They all smiled at you, squishing you in a massive hug.

On the way out of the gym, Kageyama stood waiting for you, holding a strawberry milk carton and volleyball. The volleyball had been bought by him for you, as well as the milk carton. He handed them to you without a word.

A small laugh escaped your lips, "Thank you Kageyama," you patted his head. You were one of his few friends as he didn't talk a lot. But with you he constantly blabbered and chattered about new things he learnt in volleyball. You were sad to leave him behind too, unsure if he would keep getting more friends outside of the club.

After school that day, you and your friends Iwa, Oikawa, Maki and Mattsun had shared Oikawa's milk bread in Ppark. You left them with a hug and a teary goodbye.

That was an hour ago. Now you were in the car as you drove to your new home. You turn the ball around and around, realising that Karasuno had signed the ball in minuscule letters. You tore your eyes away from your old school as the car turned the corner.

"Don't be sad, kiddo" your dad said. "I'm sure you'll have plenty of chances to see them again."

"And you'll have plenty of friends at your new school," your mother said. She slapped her husband's arm in realisation. "We haven't applied for her school!" She said, eyes wide.

"Oh shi-..oh shoot" your dad said, narrowly missing a swear word. "We can do that when we get there. Its going to be fine, trust me!"

"Sweetie you can choose between, Ikatachi High, Sarakuwa High and I think the last one is Shiratorizawa. Its the closest to where we will be living" your mom says to you.

You shrug.

.

.

.

You looked around your new room. Boxes everywhere. A desk and bed with a bare mattress already set up by the moving men. You marvelled at the walk in closet. You hadn't seen one before. It wasn't as big as in the shows, but it was pretty decent. You got to work immediately, putting things away and clothes hung up in the closet.

You hang the jersey on the door of your closet, proudly. Now your clothes were done your manga, posters and other things were in need of putting away.

Your phone rings just before you can get to another box. You pick up and hear Oikawas voice, "Y/n chan! Are you there yet? Is your room big? Can I see? Send me a picture! Did you choose a school?"

"..I will hang up if you don't talk quieter" you say. "Its pretty cool here. No I didn't choose a school"

"Well. Don't, whatever you do, don't choose Ushiwaka's school. I hate him. I despise him." Oikawa says spitefully.

"Uh-huh" you say, focusing on the box again, seeing your favourite manga at the top.

Oikawa kept rambling on, he had so many reasons for you not to go to Shiratorizawa. And he made sure he told you all of them.

You had stopped listening as soon as you realised he was going on another rant again. You stand up and stretch your back. Leaving the phone on speaker on the desk. You went to the window, the sun was still in the sky.

"Baki baki ni ore!"

"Nani wo?"

"Kokoro wo da yo!"

You watch a group of boys follow their red-haired leader, in both song and direction. They walk down your street, laughing and talking among themselves. Oikawa's still rambling, but you've completely tuned that out.

"Konagona ni kuudake!"

Wow...they're kind of cute...

"Nani wo?"

You open the window before they can finish their song and start waving wildly. "HEY! YOU! YES YOU, THE BIG GROUP-"

They wave back, albeit slightly confused. You keep talking. "TWO THINGS: ONE, COOL SONG-" The red haired one grins. "AND TWO, Y'ALL LOOK LIKE YOU'RE IN...HIGHSCHOOL? YES?" The tallest one nods. "OKAY! WHICH HIGHSCHOOL DO YOU GO TO?"

"SHIRATORIZAWA," the red-haired one calls out.

"Shiratorizawa...I feel like I've heard of that...OKAY THANKS! AND ALSO? WHAT'RE YOUR NAMES? MINES Y/N!"

"Ushijima Wakatoshi," the tall one says, barely sparing you a glance.

"I'M TENDOU SATORI! AN' THATS SHIRABU, YAMAGATA, KAWANISHI, YUNOHAMA, SOEKAWA, SEMI, AND OHIRA!" Tendou says, pointing at each person in turn.

"COOL! OH-" You duck back inside after hearing Oikawa yELLiNG at you through the phone. You pick it up and return to the window. "BYE! I'LL SEE YOU AROUND!"

They wave and continue on.

"Who was that? And why were you yelling? And did you hear a word of what I said?" Oikawa asks indignantly.

You put it between your shoulder and ear: "Some neighbourhood kids. I have to go eat now, can I call you tomorrow?-"

"I sweAR I HEARD sHiRaToRiZ-"

You hang up in the middle of Oikawa's screeching, and practically fall down the stairs in your rush to find your parents.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

103K 2.4K 39
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
185K 7.9K 23
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
1M 54.2K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
834K 38.5K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...