Red Love (skephalo)

By call_me_bum

Zak gets a crush on Darryl and forms Hanahaki disease. Will he confess? Will he Get surgery? Will he die? sk... More

Ch 1
Ch 2
Ch 3
Ch 4
Ch 5
Ch 6
Ch 7
Ch 8
Ch 10
Ch 11
Ch 12
Ch 13
Q&A!!!
ANSWERS UwU
New book!!

Ch 9

2.1K 71 71
By call_me_bum

Zak's Pov

It was morning again. I didn't sleep that much since I was waiting for Darryl to come back to bed but he didn't come back for a while, but eventually, he did. He crawled in bed without a word and that was that, but when I opened my eyes this morning he wasn't there. It made me feel sad but he probably went to do something. "Darryl?" I called but the only response I got was Rocco walking into the room. I sat up and got out of bed. I changed into a black hoodie and shorts before looking for him. I walked into the hall and into the main area and I spotted him in the kitchen.

His back was against me as I got closer. I couldn't see what he was doing but something smelled good. "Whacha doing?"

"AH! S-Skeppy! Oh my goodness, don't scare me like that!" I chuckled and he growled, "I'm making pancakes d-do you want some?" "Oh my god, yes please!"

"How many?" He asked. "I don't know, four or five I guess." I poked his back repeatedly very softly as he was making the batch. "So what do you wanna do today?" His body stiffens as I asked that question. Without turning his head to look at me he says, "I was actually planning for us to go... somewhere..." I obviously started getting suspicious of him. "Oh, where are we going?"

He lets out a sigh I assume he's been holding, "You'll see." "But I want to know." He stays quiet for a bit, "I forgot to feed Rocco while I was up can you do that Skeppy?" 

"Yeah, of course, he's my dog you know? You don't have to take care of 'em." I said as I twirled around and went to feed Rocco and then take him for a walk. I yelled at Darryl where I was going before I went out the door. I walked Rocco down to the dog park right outside the woods where the treehouse was. There weren't many dogs in there since it was still pretty early in the morning but I watched outside the gates as Rocco ran around with the few dogs that were there. I sat down in the grass the small blades stabbing at my bearskin but I didn't care. I looked at all the flowers and thought I could try and make a flower crown. It may be considered girly but what's stopping me from making one? I looked up a video on how I could make one and I started picking flowers I wanted in it. I got confused a few times at the start and had to keep rewinding the video but I soon got it. It was actually pretty fun. When I was finished my phone buzzed and when I checked it it was Bad telling me the pancakes were done I was sad because wanted to make another one but also excited because I really wanted to try some of Bad's pancakes. I put the crown on my head and, called Rocco over to the gate, and I put the leash on his collar, and we jogged home. 

"I'm back!" I yelled as Rocco and I walked into the house. "Hey. You're foods on the table I'll be there in a sec." He said. I went to find him but found my door closed. "Are you getting changed?" I asked from the other side. "Yeah, hold on." I waited for him to get out and when he did I put the flower crown on his head and he jumped, "Oh my goodness! Skeppy, stop doing that!" I die of laughter as he grabs the crown off his head.

"I made you a flower crown," I say in between laughs. He smiles softly at it as he puts it back on his head. "Thank you, but stop scaring me or Imma have a heart attack one of these days." I just snickered as I went to finally eat those pancakes. I sat down at the table and started eating. They were starting to get cold but they were still absolutely delicious. Darryl sat down across from me and I watched as his fingers would fidget around each other, and when I looked at his face his eyes were distant and he looked uncomfortable.

"Are you ok, Bad?" I asked. "Y-yeah, but get ready 'cause we're leaving after you eat." "Oh? We're leaving this early?"  He looked away, "Yeah.." I was concerned about what was wrong with him but he didn't seem like he wanted to talk about it. I finished eating and started getting ready to leave but when we were about to go out the door  I realized Darryl wasn't wearing the flower crown. "Bad, Where's the crown I made you?" He looked back at me, "I put it in a safe place." I crossed my arms and pouted. "I want you to wear it." he stared at me, "wut?" was the only thing he said and I continued to stare at him. "You want me to wear that outside?" He questioned raising the pitch of his voice like I was crazy. I just nodded my head slowly up and down not breaking contact and stuck out my bottom lip even more. He sighed heavily, "Fiiiiiiiiiine!" as he walked back to go grab it, and when he came back, put it on his head right in front of me. "You happy now, you muffin head?" "Yup!" I said as I opened the door and dragged him outside.

"Which car we using?" I said swinging back and forth waiting to go wherever we were going. "Uh... I guess my car." He said grabbed his keys from his pocket as I locked the door. We hopped in the car and when we were ready we started off. I honestly had no idea where we were going, but Bad has been acting very strange today which makes me worry but I tried to convince myself I'm just overreacting. The car ride was quiet and awkward and I was getting bored of looking out the window. 

"Do you usually drive in silence?" I asked. He jumped slightly before turning on the radio, "Oh, no..sorry," following with a nervous laugh. "Are you sure you are ok?" "Yeah, yeah I'm good don't worry about me." He said as he messes with the volume. I sighed, kinda sad that he doesn't trust me to tell me what's wrong but I just listen to whatever the radio was playing. I knew the song, it was a popular song, it was 'Mr. Loverman'. I liked the song, it's nice. Anyways we drove for a bit and the songs kept changing. I was checking my phone and replying to messages when I feel the car stop and I see Bad put it in park. I looked up and my heart sank. I wiped my head towards Bad and I see him looking down on the wheel white-knuckling it. I let out a nervous laugh, "Bad? What are we doing here?" He didn't look at me still and it took him a while to actually answer, "... For you." He proceeded to get out of the car leaving the flower crown on the seat and I did too feeling hurt and betrayed, "What do you mean for me? I told you I don't need to go to the hospital! I'm fine!" "Look, Skeppy, I know you might be scared of the doct-" "I'm not fucking scared of the doctor's Bad! I have my reasons why I don't want to be here and I told you I don't want to be here so why did you fucking bring me here?!" "You agreed that if you got worse you'll let me take you!" He cried

"Worse? What are you talking 'bout, I'm not worse!" "Yes, you are! You've lost so much weight, you get paler and paler every time you come back from the bathroom, and not to mention you coughed up blood when I hit you! And I've only been here for almost a weak! "He yelled. "Ok, no! I did not cough up blood your exaggeratin-" "I AM NOT BLIND ZAK! I KNOW WHAT I SAW!" I flinched, I've never heard him scream at me like that. "I'm sorry... it's just I want you to get better and I think you have something worse than what could be a cold or fever, I just wanna check if you're ok.." He looked to the floor.  I was still frustrated and hurt but I thought it could just avoid anything that can lead to them finding out. 

I sighed, "Fine let get this over with." We went in and I checked myself in, we waited until they called me and Bad followed. They checked my height and weight before taking us to a room. Bad sat on one of the chairs in the corner and I sat on the bed thing. I felt embarrassed and frustrated and not to mention fucking anxious as hell. I don't even know how I can avoid letting them find out. What would lead them to find out? Anything I guess, fuck why did I agree to come here? 

The doctor came in and introduced herself then started asking questions like allergies and meds and whatever and I answered that. "So why have you come today?" She said and before I could answer Darryl piped up, "I brought my friend in because he's been sick and I've been taking care of him and he seems to be getting worse but he doesn't seem to have a fever or cold." 

"Ok so can you tell me how he's gotten worse?" she said typing something on her computer. "Um, he been losing a lot of weight even tho I know he's been eating well. He keeps getting pale and I saw him cough up some blood once.." "Blood?" she asked. "Don't listen to him he's just being overprotective" "Zak!" Bad scolded. "At least you know he really cares about you," she said, "and you seem to have lost a lot of weight, your now just underweight so we can at least find out why that is." She smiled and I stayed quiet. She grabbed her stethoscope and came to me and put her hand up my shirt and putting the cold metal on my skin. She told me to breathe and I did so as she moves around my chest and back. She then went back to her computer to type something before coming back and grabbing that weird thing they check your ears and mouth. "Can you say 'ah' for me please?" She asked. I hesitated, what if this is how they can find out? what if she finds a petal in the back of my throat.. or something like that. I look at Bad and I see as his emeralds meet my chestnut. I can't risk them finding out. I can't risk losing feelings for him or him leaving me.

"N-no." I finally said and looked away. "I kinda need to for me to hel-," I cut her off, "Great then I guess we're done here." I got off the bed and started to head out. "Sir." I heard the doctor said as I hear Darryl apologize and his footsteps follow behind me. I feel his hand on my shoulder as he tries to turn me around, "Zak! Come back! What happened?" I pushed his hands off of me and kept walking a little faster now. He followed me until we got out of the building where grabbed my arm pulling me back. "Get the hell off me, Bad!" 

"What is your deal, Skeppy? Why don't you just let me help you?" I tell he was getting frustrated but I was far more than frustrated at this point.

"We are going home," I said strictly to make sure he knew I meant it. "What? No! We're going back in and you're going to let them find out what's wrong." "I already know what's wrong! I told you we're going home. Get in the damn car and drive." "Then what's wrong with you? Tell me! So I can help!" He cried 

"Stop trying to help me! I never asked for you to help me! You forced yourself into my house and treated me like I was a helpless baby! This is not what I wanted when I thought we meet. But no, nothing goes my way, does it? Why don't you stop trying to be my hero and just be my friend and hang out with me?" I yelled. "FRIENDS TAKE CARE OF EACHOTHER SKEPPY! Y-you're being selfish." He started to cry which hurt seeing and knowing I did that, but he was right.

"Well, maybe I'm selfish," I said before turning around and walking. "Where are you going?" He yelled. "I'm walking home!" And I kept walking, leaving him behind...

I didn't go home though. I found myself back in the woods and found myself finding the treehouse again and I found myself climbing the leader and going in and I found myself crying in the nook. I hated myself so much. I regretted everything I said I hated that I made him cry. I'm such an idiot! I started to cough again and blood and petals started to come out of my mouth quite a lot. "Fucking hell!" I yelled in between coughs and I punched the wall as hard as I could getting a splinter on my knuckles causing it to bleed as well. 

I'm starting to hate the color red.

And just like that, my eyes went black and I collapsed on the ground.

________________________________________________________________________________

HERE! I'M FEEDING YOU GUYS YALL HAPPY?!? but no really thank you for all the love and attention on this story. sorry if this is a shorter chapter but I a lot of stuff has been preventing me from writing. Im writing when I can and I'm also trying to write another story for u guys. i am going to wrap this story up soon :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

355K 18.5K 36
❝𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘧𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘰𝘧, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘯𝘹𝘪𝘰𝘶...
276K 15.1K 37
❝𝘐𝘧 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘮𝘦, 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘰.❞ ...
63.4K 2.5K 7
Darryl and Zak have always been friends, but something in Darryl finally snapped. Or maybe he was always like this and no one ever realized. When Zak...
70.2K 2.6K 14
BadBoyHalo and Skeppy have been best friends for years, but recently something felt off about Bad. He was getting more distant. One day Skeppy sees B...