Stay With Me (An Ayato Kirish...

By sugarwintersky

"And deep down I know this never works But you can lay with me so it doesn't hurt" Growing up thinking that h... More

Chapter One: Being Kaneki
Chapter Two: Alana
Chapter Three: Being Eto
Chapter Four: Tobio

Touka Kirishima: Prologue

4.7K 66 1
By sugarwintersky

I changed the bandages on his chest while he lay sleeping like a corpse on the bed.

He's still breathing.
He's still healing.
He's still my little brother.

Changing his bandages made me feel nostalgic.

I never dressed his wounds before no matter how much and how often he hurts himself accidentally because of what we are. Wounds, cuts or broken bones easily heal for us. But I remember changing his shirt a lot because he was so energetic and naughty that he would always be drenched in sweat or covered in dirt.

I wish this was as easy as that...

I left the room and headed downstairs to the cafe but I stopped right at the door when I heard voices coming from the other side.

"Would Oniisan still wake up?" I heard
Hinami ask someone else inside the room. It was clear she's worried about him.

"He will Hinami-chan." I heard Nishiki answer optimistically which was quite new for him.

I was about to turn around and walk away so I could avoid meeting anyone when the door suddenly opened revealing a grinning Uta.

"Oi Touka, didn't you know eavesdropping is a bad thing to do?" He asked with his usual teasing tone. I would have smiled or kicked him if we were in a different situation.

Hinami, possibly sensing my distress called out to me. "Oneechan, do you need anything?"

Uta gently took my hand and lead me towards the group. "I..."

"Damn Touka just want some coffee?" Nishiki asked with a smirk.

Even though we are in this situation, I still wanted to smash his annoying face because of what he said but he shrugged and stood up to brew a cup of coffee for me. "Uhm-"

"No need to thank me now." Nishiki chuckled as he busied himself with the coffee preparations. "Have you seen him?"

I felt like everyone in the room aside from Nishiki held their breaths while they waited for me to answer.

"No." I looked down at the floor. "I haven't yet."

They all exhaled seeing that I'm still composed. Nishiki finished brewing me a cup of coffee and handed it to me carefully.

"You should go see him Oneechan." Hinami whispered. "I know you have to take care of your brother but..."

I stared at the coffee as if waiting for it to give me some answers on how should I react. They don't like my brother. And I understand why. After all... He was never likable with his arrogant and violent nature. Add the fact that he's one of the high ranking officers of the Aogiri Tree.

But...

Kaneki has all of us while Ayato only have me.

"I'll go see him when Ayato becomes stable." I replied and gave them a small smile so they wouldn't worry. "Thank you for the coffee."

I gave Nishiki a quick nod and immediately walked back to the staircase before anyone could react.

"Maybe it isn't just because of Ayato being injured." I heard Irimi-san tell the others.

"Ah... That might be true." Koma-san agreed. "After all, Kaneki consumed the dove's kakuja armor which turned out to be their father's kagune."

I heard someone else react but I was already far away to hear what they were saying so I stopped and took a deep breath.

I already heard what happened that time in Cochlea the night Kaneki brought Ayato here in Anteiku but imagining Ayato fighting the Ghoul Investigator as he at the same time finally learned about what happened to our father...

I could feel my heart shattering in to pieces again.

He didn't deserve that to happen to him.

We didn't deserve this.

I almost dropped my coffee cup when I saw someone emerge from the shadows.

"Tou... Ka."

I immediately put down my coffee and caught him before he fell face first to the floor.

"Kaneki." I whispered as I rub his back gently.

He leaned his body to me and he felt heavier than he actually is.

Physically, he looks fine. But emotionally...

He just stayed like a broken doll in my arms. His thoughts might be too troubled for him to care.

"I don't want this anymore..." Kaneki whispered. His voice clearly tortured. "I-"

His body shook and I knew that it was his tears that kept falling on my neck. I hugged him tighter and he clung on to me like I'm his only anchor to reality.

We stayed like that for a while until I heard a crashing sound from the room near us.

Ayato!

My head spun for a second.

No.

The Aogiri.

They can't take away my brother.

They just can't.

Kaneki tensed at the same time I did. He instantly changed personalities in front of me. From a broken doll and in to a killing machine within a split of a second.

"We have to move fast." He murmured as he cracked his knuckles. "Take care of Ayato. I'll take care of the rest."

We stood up and entered the room only to find it the same way it was aside from the broken window and Ayato's missing body.

"They won't be that far yet." I jumped out of the window and ran without second thoughts. I didn't spend time to think about where I'm going or why I was taking the direction I was following. I just ran.

"Touka!" I heard Kaneki call out behind me making me stop on my track.

Instead of turning around to ask why he called, I was left frozen in place staring at Ayato all dressed up in black as if he was never injured.

"Ayato..."

Ayato just stared at me and tilted his head to the side so he could probably look at Kaneki a distance away from me.

"Bring her back to your play house and leave me alone." He shouted to him.

Kaneki didn't respond and I didn't even try to look at him, scared that if I let my brother out of my gaze, he'd be gone forever.

"Ayato, don't do this." I said, surprising myself.

Ayato smirked and stared me down. "What? Do you expect me to stay in Anteiku like it's our home? Do you also want me to wear the waiter uniform as if its enough to make me more human than a ghoul that I really am? Do you want me to drown myself in coffee like the rest of you as if it would wash away my desire for human flesh? And most of all... Do you expect me to eat something that was just a product of a human weakness? Eating humans who committed suicide is pathetic. Did you think I would see the good in all of these, Oneechan?"

Ayato laughed and showed off his kagune. Two fully developed strong wings. Unlike mine...

"Ayato..." I wanted to look away from him because of what he spat at me but I got a good grip on my heart and stared him in the eyes. "I just want you to stay."

Ayato's face crumpled as soon as I finished talking. I knew him well to know that he will attack me just like what I would do if I was in his shoes, so I braced myself for his reaction and closed my eyes as I hugged myself.

But it never came...

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Kaneki's fist connecting on to Ayato's abdomen with a great force.

A high pitched scream rang in my ears and I only realized that it was me when I finally got over my shock and ran towards them.

"Stop it!" I said as I stood between them. "Stop. This isn't the way this should be."

Kaneki cracked his fingers and shrugged as he jumped away from Ayato. At least he acknowledge me even if his eyes still looked murderous.

I looked at Ayato who seemed to be beaten up a bit more because his blood is seeping through his shirt's fabric again. He look weak but his eyes still seemed to be full of hatred.

"Ayato... Please. Just stay..." I begged. "Stay with me."

"I won't." Ayato announced loud and clear. "I won't pretend that I like humans nor would I charade like one."

He fixed his coat and turned his back to me. "If you really care about me, then... Stay with me."

I was confused about his reaction, his words and how it moved me. There was no time for me to process everything all at once.

I felt like I was trapped in a void. Speechless and stupid.

Ayato snickered as he started to take a few steps away from me.

"I knew you wouldn't choose me." His pace started from leisurely walking around the park to a marathon runner who badly wants to win the race without any concern of possible injuries.

He. Just. Ran.

I watched for a moment before I could finally feel the tingling of my feet telling me to move.

I ran after him.

But...

It was already too late.

He was gone.

(Author's Note! <3)

So here I an with another story!

I just sooo love Tokyo Ghoul.

Action. Drama. Gore. Comedy. Psychos. Horror. Pretty Girls. Handsome Boys. Heart-touching Script. Beautiful Animation.
Everything!

I love Kaneki but Ayato is my favorite Badass Psycho Ghoul because he seems to be the lone-est of them all.

So here is my Ayato fanfiction.

I hope you fall in love with him the way I do but please... Keep in mind...

I'm calling dibs on him.
Hehe.

So there you go!

Please comment your thoughts on the story and tell me if you're excited to read the next chapter but please don't be sad if I give you vague answers to avoid spoiling you guys.

Go vote and share so others can fangirl with us too!

PS

I don't own Tokyo Ghoul, Ayato, Touka, Kaneki and all the other characters but all other original characters and this fanfic is all my idea and effort so please don't copy or translate without my permission.

Peace out everyone.
Spread the love!

follow•read•vote•comment•share

*smooch*
<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 5.7K 25
"I'm no hero. But I will love you, even if it kills me." Ayato Kirishima It had been five years since (Y/N) (L/N) had left Tokyo city. Now she's fina...
20.8K 574 33
|UNDER HELLA EDITING| She was a human. He was a ghoul. Little Red Ridding Hood and The Wolf. Two completely different worlds. But yet two very simila...
21.8K 512 15
After the war between humans and ghouls, they have finally settled on separating them. Creating a whole new world just for ghouls and humans. But now...
217K 4.8K 17
Well all know the story of Kaneki Ken, but what if our protagonist had a little sister? Even more so, she were to be involved with Ayato Kirishima. F...