LOSING IT [] RANBOO

By only_yellow_skittles

he gets a cute classmate's number...and then immediately loses it. 2021; RANBOO X M!OC this is a work of fict... More

intro !
PART ONE
// 2 //
// 3 //
// 4 //
// 5 //
// 6 //
// 7 //
// 8 //
// 9 //
// 10 //
// 11 //
// 12 //
// 13 //
// 14 //
// 15 //
// 16 //
// 17 //
10k mini special :) -- not related to canon at all
// 18 //
// 19 //
// 20 //
// 21 //
// 22 //
PART TWO
// 22 //
// 23 //
// 24 //
// 25 //
// 26 //
// 27 //

// 1 //

3.9K 135 311
By only_yellow_skittles

a/n: when the characters refer to each other/people as hot, it is not meant in a sexual way!! it is meant in a "you are physically attractive" way, like a "handsome" type way? just to clarify in case anyone got the wrong idea! ^^;

--

Noel stared at the boy on the bleachers.

He was standing on the court, feet heavy against the wooden floor, sweating and panting in the middle of a volleyball game, and all he could focus on was the cute boy on the bleachers?

Fanfic-type shit right there.

Noel wondered if he was drooling, then nearly laughed at the thought. The boy was super cute, of course, but did people really drool over others in real life?

no.

maybe.

noel wouldn't know, actually.

slam!

He was snapped back to reality as the ball smacked him right in the face, hitting his jaw. God damn it. His jaw.

Noel tumbled to the ground awkwardly, his height of 6'6 not exactly helping him fall gracefully. He probably looked like a tree toppling over.

What an odd thought. A mildly funny one, nonetheless.

One single teammate reached out and helped him up, prompting Noel to thank him. One of the rookies on the bench's jaw dropped as he saw Noel pop his own dislocated jaw right back in.

He could unhinge his jaw pretty easily, so that was no sweat. His face did hurt a little from that ball though.

(a little was an understatement. noel pondered the thought of crying. he decided against it. the cute boy was watching the game intently, and noel did not want to embarrass himself like that.)

The game continued. Although Noel felt a little bad since the cute boy was watching, he noted that this game was going to be particularly hard. So he went with his difficult-game tactic.

When the rotation brought him up to the front, Noel smirked at the nearest opponent, who was staring at him in confusion.

"What, like what you see?" He asked, choking back a laugh as the other dude's face turned red with embarrassment. He knew for a fact that the other guy was straight, and that only made him more confident about the game.

He was exuding so much drip that even the straightest guy he knew from the other team was blushing over him.

Sure enough, when the ball was knocked over to the opponent's side, the guy Noel had flirted with--who would've gotten the ball--fumbled it with a terrified glance over at Noel, who towered over his 5'7 ass like a giant.

Noel's team won the game. They congratulated each other and headed for the locker rooms to change, Noel preferring to hide in a stall and change as he disliked having to invade the others' privacy by seeing them change. And vice versa, actually.

I mean, not that Noel was gay, but guys were hot.

Well.

Noel was actually quite gay, and openly so, but that wouldn't stop him from mentally denying it every now and then for the lols.

Why was it funny to him? Who knew. But it was, and he didn't really care if it was stupid. He'd do anything to make a person laugh, and if that person was himself, then he was still a person, wasn't he?

Before joining his teammates for the usual celebratory McDonald's drive thru night, Noel scanned the bleachers for the cute boy.

There.

The cute boy. He sat there with his almost curly dark dark brown hair and bluish gray eyes, with pale skin that indicated he didn't go outside much.

He was sitting there staring at his phone, typing quite quickly. His bottom lip was tucked under his top teeth as he glared at his phone, sighing harshly.

Noel approached him, and as he did he noticed the cute boy's hands.

They were just barely larger than average, but his fingers were what caught Noel's attention. Fairly long, spindly fingers with a little bit of muscle built to them.

Those were gamer fingers.

...or piano player fingers, but Noel didn't care. Both were really hot, he couldn't lie to himself about that one.

"uh, hi!" Noel spoke up, making the cute boy gasp and fumble his phone. He sighed and clutched it to his chest before glaring up at Noel and standing up so he was at his full height. Noel realized the cute boy just had horrible posture--he was about 6'3 or so. Maybe slightly taller.

"Is there anything you need from me?" The boy's tone was bored, slightly bothered, and quite possibly confused.

Noel smiled warmly.

"Could I get your number?"

The other boy raised an eyebrow.

"It's fine if that's a no of course!" Noel quickly made sure the other boy knew. "I was just curious."

"...alright, fine." The other boy sighed. "Let me write it down."

Noel awkwardly watched as the other boy wrote down his name and number on a piece of paper. 'Callum Burns' it said.

"Callum." Noel repeated his name. "That's a nice name."

"Thanks." Callum muttered.

"My name is Noel!" The dirty blond (or maybe it's brown, actually) haired boy smiled. Callum acknowledged this with a chuckle.

That was when Noel's phone buzzed. In his panic to decline, he very distinctly missed the decline button.

Meaning Callum saw who was calling Noel on Discord.

"Was that Tommyinnit I just saw?" He asked in shock. Noel opened and closed his mouth.

"I-" He sighed. "Yes. Please don't tell anyone."

"Oh, long as you don't tell anyone about this." Callum opened his phone and called a contact, immediately being answered.

"C, why are you calling?" Tommyinnit's voice immediately filtered through. "D'you need something?"

"Ayo, you know someone named Noel?" Callum asked, American accent contrasting clearly with Tommy's.

Tommy fell silent.

"Yes." He paused. "Why?"

"Tommy," Noel suddenly interrupted. "Who am I talking to right now?"

Tommy erupted into laughter as he realized what was happening.

"My twin brother you stupid fuck!" He snorted. "Don't tell anyone about this, only Will and Tubbo know."

"Ok." Noel took his information in stride and thought for a moment. "Your brother's cute."

Callum processed these words at the same time as Noel and stared in shocked silence as Noel began to rapidly apologize.

Tommy wheezed with laughter, not particularly caring about the implications of the statement.

"We don't look very alike but okay." He joked. Noel laughed in response.

"What's your handle if you're really friends with Tom?" Callum asked, eying Noel.

"Ranboo." Noel responded casually. "Ranboolive, if you will. Or Ranboosaysstuff, if you prefer. Perhaps even Ranboomc, if you so please."

"What kind of a shitass name is Ranboo?" Callum blurted. Noel laughed, masking how hurt he was at the insult to his name.

"Rainbow but mispronounced. Not important." Noel waved the question away. "How come you have different accents?"

Callum was taken aback by the sudden change in topic, but Tommy seemed used to it.

"Callum moved in with our aunt and uncle for reasons our parents refuse to explain when we were little." Tommy answered. "Gained an American accent while there, but actually has a dual citizenship. I count it as British."

Noel chuckled again and Callum was struck with how nice of a laugh Noel had.

"Alright then. Well, I'll see you around, Callum. And Tommy, we can record the video in..." Noel checked his watch. "Does 2am my time work for you or would midnight be better?"

Callum frowned. Was it healthy to stay up like that?

eh. not his problem.

"Midnight would be more convenient, I think." Tommy suggested. "Let's go with that, yeah? Tubbo's also gonna be there, by the way."

"Oh, sick." Noel absentmindedly answered, setting an alarm on his phone for midnight. "I gotta run now. See you!" 

With that, the tall boy ran off to join his teammates at McDonald's.

Callum sighed into the phone as Tommy chuckled lowly.

"He's kind of cute, I'll admit." Callum conceded.

"Thought you'd say that. Just your type, he is." Tommy responded without missing a beat. Callum chuckled.

"I guess he is." He sighed, staring at the tall boy that was now animatedly conversing with a teammate about a moment during the game.

"Or maybe I'm just losing it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

551K 23.6K 28
IN WHICH a boy texts the wrong number OR she receives a text from a pretty boy with no name [ranboo x oc] #1 in ranboo (4/20/21)
50K 2.6K 10
This is a short story about a band-obsessed outcasted teen and the handsome barista of the new café. (Cliché, i know. But pfff) Gabe is around his t...
82.7K 3.7K 17
Armin Arlert hasn't led the easiest of lives, most of the difficulties that have arisen, however, orbit around one fact- he's transgender. When a new...