The Proposed Deal

By remixthestory

/BOOK 1 - PROPOSAL SERIES/ ••• "Your body language says you're enjoying yourself" Leo chuckled still glancing... More

◍ Prologue
◍ I. Coffee
◍ II. Familia
◍ III. Spesh
◍ IV. Girls
◍ V. Best Bud
◍ VI. Shower
◍ VII. Los Cielos
◍ VIII. Deal
◍ IX. Morning
◍ X. Eye roll
◍ XI. Stunts
◍ XII. Men
◍ XIII. Risk
◍ XIV. Drive
◍ XV. Colors
◍ XVI. Volley Ball
◍ XVII. Elisa
◍ XVIII. Plans
◍ XIX. Dress
◍ XX. Idol
◍ XXI. Alcohol
◍ XXII. Host
◍ XXIII. Gaze
◍ XXIV. Shopping
◍ XXV. Burst
◍ XXVI. Metanoia
◍ XXVII. Football
◍ XXVIII. Kiss
◍ XXIX. Bracelet
◍ XXX. Fire
◍ XXXI. Waves
◍ XXXII. Broken
◍ XXXIII. Worth
◍ XXXIV. One
◍ XXXV. Punch
◍ XXXVI. Love
◍ XXXVII. Carnations
◍ XXXVIII. Mess
◍ XXXIX. Gala
◍ XL. Cariño
◍ XLI. Panic
◍ XLIII. Thunder
◍ XLIII. Wedding
◍ XLIV. Moon
◍ XLV. Epilogue
Book II
Book III

◍ XLII. Time

816 54 1
By remixthestory

//Miami, FL.

She was walking out of the building. The goddamn hospital building which was always a bad news to her. First time in her life she entered the confines of White walls willingly, the horrible smell of disinfectants lurking to encounter what ? The harsh reality check.

Leo had forgot his phone in his car, the device rang as soon he was out of her sight. The device kept ringing and Aishwarya decided to give it back to his owner, didn't want him to miss important calls.

She had mumbled a prayer to Bappa before stepping a foot in there unaware that she was heading towards a her doom.

She had stepped a foot inside the forbidden place and found her way to Leo, it was on ground floor so a relief that she won't have to spend a lot of time in here, But the relief evaporated in thin air as her heart sunk to an endless abyss. The doctor's words brought all her happy rainbows crashing, her illusion of love faded in dust and reality strike her heart.

Ramona was pregnant and Doctor tagged him as her fiancé - indirectly the baby's father.

Ex-fiancé. She wanted to scream at the top of her voice but then, there he stood facing Ramona's sleeping figure. She couldn't see his face so she can't pin point his emotions but he certainly felt sympathy for her, Care too.

You forced him to come here.

Her conscious accused her.

If it wasn't for your constant persuasion. He wouldn't have stepped a foot inside that damn building.

"He looked a mess. He was worried for her" She reasoned.

So what ? He kept saying he didn't need to come, He had done whatever was needful. If not for you he wouldn't have drove here. You both were suppose to have lunch together, spend time before you leave Miami But you destroyed it yourself Aish. It's all because you.

She wanted to shut this voice. She felt miserable already, she didn't need anymore accusations.

Damn woman, he was trying to explain. He kept trying and you didn't let him speak. Why do you act so stubborn ? You could have listened to him once. You both could have talked it, you would have came to a solution.

What if he wasn't the father ? He was telling you something but you being you, You did not listen and now you say you feel miserable ? You shouldn't be feeling miserable Aishwarya Joshi, you should feel worst. You pushed him away. You told him to stay there with her, even if he didn't wanted to.

Aishwarya clenched her fist and shut her eyes she shouldn't be dwelling in self pity. Ramona needed his support and he should be there.

She did the right thing.

"You did the right thing Aish." She reminded herself but her heart didn't feel it right. It felt hurt, a pain she wanted gone.

She touched her chest, rubbing it to physically remove that ache. She can't keep feeling this ache which indicates everything is over. Nothing is over.

They'll talk. Just not right now.

"They'll talk." She loves him she won't throw it all away.

She had walked far away from hospital, She can't look back at the building knowing he was in there, May be cursing her for being this difficult. For once she should have thrown this stubbornness away and let him say. She could have stayed there even.

Ramona would have woke up. She would have cleared the air that Leo wasn't the father. It was that boyfriend of her. They could have walked out of the building together. Gone for the lunch and then spend the time together, would have talked more, kiss even but have been together.

Why she had walk away from there ?
Like a coward she was.

Why did she leave ?

She bit her lower lip to stop angry tears at bay. She shouldn't cry. Not when it was her choice to leave.

Heaving a shaky breath she hailed a taxi before she walked back the distance and flung herself in his arms.

She settled inside the cab and pulled the window down. The harsh afternoon wind hit her face and she closed her eyes. She deserved this for being stubborn every single time.

She felt her appetite die as she crossed restaurants, She can't eat. They were supposed to be together having lunch but now she was all alone, going back.

Beach house ? "Shit"

Sakshi said they all will be going out but what time ? She didn't know.

She fished her phone and made a call, she waited for her to pick up.

"Hello ?"

"Hii" She tried sounding normal "Were you leaving ?" She guessed hearing the commotion from the other side.

"No. We left for restaurant and we'll reach in next 10 minutes"

Aishwarya glanced at her watch it was past 12:30. Hospital was almost an hour from Resort.

"Aish ?"

She hummed. She cleared her throat and started rambling. "I was just asking. I'll come back and pack so that we don't get late for Airport"

"Aish is something wrong ?"

Aishwarya gulped "No. Why do you ask ?" Sakshi was silent on the other side. Aish could imagine the wheels turning in her brain "L-He went to get his car so...I thought I could check ?"

"Early lunch ?"

"Ye-yeah. We're going somewhere. I'll be back till 5 ?"

"Alright. We are going some place too. We leave for Airport at 8. Be back early to pack"

Aish bit the inside of her lower lip "I-I'll be there"

She hanged the call. She can't go back there when they think she's with Him.

Aishwarya took a shaky breath and turned to look outside. She could see street shops and some tourists going in and out of local market.

"Please stop" The words left without her knowledge and Driver gave her a quizzical look.

She nodded and he parked the vehicle at the curb. Threading fingers in her hairs, she took a calming breath and stepped down. She made the payment and the cab rushed out.

She hugged herself amid the small crowd, she eyed a flower shop infront of her with an old lady checking the lined bouquets. One particular type of flowers caught her eyes and she quickly averted her eyes - Carnations.

They stood in vase back at her room. He gave it to her showing his Care and Affection towards her and she just pushed him away .

She was a fool.

Quickly shaking her thoughts away, She decided to walk around, she had to kill time. She just can't go back to beach house.

🔹

Aishwarya lost the battle. Her stomach won. She decided to grab a bite from a local diner ordering the first name her eyes caught in the menu. She was slumped on her chair as she waited for her order.

She was roaming streets for past two hours. Thank goodness she wore a pair of black gladiators. She would have died in any amount of heels.

She rested her phone on the side, she has been checking her phone every minute, waiting for a call from him or a text. Just anything from him.

Contemplating her action for the tenth thousand time she picked the device to reach him.

She called him, it ringed and ringed until the plain machine voice reached her. Why don't he not pick up ? She asked herself.

She licked her lower lip and decided to leave a text.

Aish : Can we talk ? Please call me when you can.

She sent and glanced at the wall clock. The minute hand will soon be reaching 12 and she will be left with one hour to get back as said.

Time was ticking and her's is ending in Miami. She was startled as a tear rolled down her cheeks. She rubbed it away, blinking her eyes to get rid of the moisture.

The waiter placed her food and Aishwarya decided to gobble it down. She ate the whole meal without feeling the taste or enjoying it's texture. The scent mingled and got lost.

She paid her bill and walked out of the place. Her eyes roamed the streets for a cab, she hailed one and settled.

She kept her gaze on her phone screen, waiting for him to respond to her text or just a call.

Deciding she rang him again, it kept ringing till she heard the machine and flung her phone down. Her head rested on her palms and hairs covered her face all over, hiding her frustration from the world.

"Miss. We are here" the driver called for her attention and she jerked up. His eyes darted to the window and hers followed. They had reached.

She heaved a sigh before stepping out. The sun was descending down but nowhere near to set. She looked around the beach and saw people lounging around. Her heart thrummed as she glanced at her watch it was nearing 5.

She quickly walked towards the beach house and halted at her reflection in the window. She quickly wiped her under eyes and brushed her hairs back.

She can't let her friends know. She tried a small smile but winced at the sight. It looked painful.

"Try again" she mumbled and swallowed. Taking a deep, calming breathe she let her lips loose and then curve. It looked better.

She nodded in encouragement, plastering it on her face she walked towards the door.

Luckily everyone was packing, she met Ayaan in the hallway, he was picking his camera bag up and wiping his lens.

"I have one last Golden hour in Miami" He had a boyish grin on his face as he blew the invisible dust away from his gadget.

"Yeah" she felt the dread. They'll be leaving. She felt her hands shaking so she held stapled them together. "I'll go and pack" she stuttered but did not wait for him to reply.

She dashed to her room and saw Sakshi humming a song under her breath. She snapped at her direction as she closed the door.

Raising a brow she asked "You okay ?"

Aishwarya tried nodding, she pulled all her will and walked towards her half done luggage. She placed the case on the bed and started placing her things with shivering hands.

She felt Sakshi touching her shoulder. She shuddered and her legs left the strength. She collapsed on the ground with tears brimming down her face.

"Aishwarya" she heard her panicked voice. She crouched down her level.

"Shh, Stop crying" She rubbed her tears "Its okay" she tried calming her.

"Wh..y ?" her voice croaked and more tears left her eyes. She heard Sakshi's soothing words as sob broke her and she hugged her. Sakshi rubbed her back to calm her down.

"What happened ?" she asked and Aishwarya whimpered.

"We shouldn't have met Sakshi. If we didn't I wouldn't have dreaded leaving. Why do I have to leave ? What if...what if we don't meet again ? I...love him Sakshi. I...I don't want to leave him"

"You are just going back Aishwarya. It doesn't mean you bothwon't meet again. I'm sure you both have planned something. He can fly there or you, you can fly to him. I'm sure it won't be that difficult. People do long distance" Sakshi wiped her cheeks "You both must have sort it out right ? People in love don't cry helplessly Aishwarya. They fight for it."

She nodded not wanting to answer her question. How was she to tell that she left him in that hospital with his Ex-fiancé when he clearly didn't wish to ?

"You're right" she muttered, she stood back, removing invisible crease out of her skirt.

"Why don't you change and pack ?" Sakshi suggested and Aishwarya looked at her reflection in mirror. She looked mess.

She was a mess.

Aishwarya zipped her last bag and placed it along with the rest. She glanced around the room which looked empty. Sakshi had cleaned the vase and had dumped the Carnation along with the rest of bio-degradable waste.

They had wiped the kitchen clean in the morning itself after breakfast. Their things were packed and Beach house was back to being bare. No touch of residents.

She had to give the keys back to Cruz. Aishwarya dreaded to glance at her watch, she couldn't check the running time. Her phone vibrated at the bed and she immediately reached it. It was a group text notification. Not him.

She tapped on his name and saw the screen changing to call. She waited holding her breath when the call was transferred to Voicemail.

She blew air out and bit her trembling lips.

"Aishwarya" Sakshi peeked inside the room "Lets go, We'll have dinner and then to Airport"

Aishwarya gave her an uncertain nod.

She eyes searched her face "You'll be Meeting him one last time ?" she wince immediately regretted her words and corrected " I mean before leaving ?"

"I...I don't know ?" Aishwarya whispered and she looked unsure .

"Is everything really okay ?" Sakshi was worried.

"It'll be. I'll fight" she gave her a broken smile and she returned it.

"I know you will"

🔹

Aishwarya played with the edges of napkins. Her eyes were staring at nothing particular. Her mind played all of their moments. Their arguments. Their acting. His compliments, kisses and then his hazel eyes.

"Aishwarya" she snapped out of the daze, she tried to curve her lips in smile as she heard the laughter around.

"See these pictures" Ayaan passed her his phone and she swiped the screen. It was from the bonfire night. She was sipping her non-existent beer, Other was of them laughing, next was of Sakshi with her nose wrinkled, next one was of Rashi and Nia fist bumping. She slide to next one and froze on her seat. It was her and Leo. He was helping her stand, her ankle in a cast, Next one was them again. She was looking at him and he was smiling singing. The fire was glowing their faces and angle made it more beautiful.

She felt her eyes tearing up and she took a deep breath and opened her clenched eyes "They are really beautiful" She gave him an appreciating smile and he gave her a look, his eyes looking in her soul.

"He loves you enough to not let you go" He assured her and she leaned her head on his shoulder.

"I wish Goodbye was easy" She whispered and he hugged her shoulders.

"It is made difficult" She looked up at him to continue "Goodbyes means you'll meet again, After sometime. You understand this and it'll be easy. You push it away and it becomes difficult"

"Thank you" she muttered and he ruffled her hairs, making her gasp as he pulled her braid.

He started laughing seeing her jaw dropped. She slapped his arm and a chuckle left her mouth.

Sakshi who saw the exchange mouthed a Thank you to Ayaan and he winked back, shrugging. Sakshi scoffed but chuckled at his antics.

Aishwarya kept adding to small bits to the conversations, this time not shutting everyone out but kept stealing glanced at her phone. She really wanted to talk to him.

Just once, Bappa please.

They entered the gates of Airport and walked straight towards the counters, It was just an hour to their flight. Aishwarya glanced around and her eyes caught the same Café.

The place they met, The place they bumped and he spiled his coffee.

She collected her tickets and handed the luggage. She excused herself from the group and walked towards the café. Glancing around the place and then reaching the table she had dumped her stained hoody.

Her knees felt weak and she settled on the table, placing her passport and other documents. Fishing her out of her jacket pockets, she dialed his number once again. With shaking hands she placed it on her ear.

A sob left her as soon as it was directed to Voicemail. It beeped and she decided to speak.

This was the last thing she could do, leaving him a voice note.

"I.. I'm at the airport Leo...."

It was a difficult chapter to write.
She's leaving.

You think he'll be able to stop her ?

Do Vote and Comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 11.1K 69
Copyrighted 2020 "Piccolina, don't give me that look." Leo's accent became thicker, more rugged as he spoke. He pressed Carmin against the door, quic...
23.2K 1K 41
𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚 I'd sworn off of love and men after the fiasco that was my last relationship. Until I spent one steamy and passionate night with a dark...
54.7K 4.9K 50
Now available on Amazon Kindle as "INNOCENTLY BEAUTIFUL LOVE" "Don't be a spoilsport Aadhu. You can't just back out from a simple dare," said Aayush...
731K 11.8K 64
ꨄthe mob boss and his maidꨄ •• "I'm sorry Leo." I exclaim. "Your not." He growls, grabbing onto my ankles dragging me down towards the edge of the be...