Dominic |18+|

By onlyshannon

Dominic Romanov, a mafia boss who spends the night with a beautiful woman who leaves him wanting more than wh... More

authors note
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter - Valentine's Day.
Bonus Chapter - The Reveal

22

623K 15.3K 30.3K
By onlyshannon

CAITLIN

"Caitlin, sweetheart!" Yurik opened the door and outstretched his arms for a hug. As much as I hated to admit it - I missed him. He reminded me of the cousins I would hang out with at family gatherings. I flung myself into his hold and proceeded to wrap my arms around his neck.

His previously lengthy hair was now cropped into a short buzz cut. An all-black suit adorned his body but the tie was left out and the silver chain around his neck glistened underneath the bright lights. An earring dangled from his left ear and when he smiled at me, the tongue ring immediately caught my attention.

I see why Micah likes him so much.

"Yurik. It's so good to see you again." I gushed and pulled away once he set me back onto my feet. Only then did I have the chance to finally look around the spacious area and I frowned when I saw all the curious eyes on us.

"Why are they-" I started but Yurik nudged my shoulder cutting me off.

"You're beautiful, do I have to tell you that all the time?" He laughed and wrapped an arm around my shoulder guiding me to an unknown location. Yurik grabbed a glass of champagne from a passing waitress and handed it to me.

"Thank you," I responded taking it from him. "Your brother said this was going to be just a dinner with your parents." My tone faltered along with my strides as I took in the breathtakingly stunning home.

It was occupied by some of the wealthiest looking people I've ever seen. Dominic was nowhere to be found.

"It was supposed to be just a simple dinner but my mother insisted on whatever the fuck this is. They're not even here yet." Yurik said disapprovingly and circled his hand around. I took a sip of the champagne and grimaced at the bitter taste.

Yurik noticed my facial expression. "Too dry? Man, I hate rich people." He took the glass from me and set it down on the counter. The champagne tasted expensive and left a dry feeling in my mouth.

"But aren't you-"

"Yes but let's not talk about that." Yurik waved it off. With his arm still lazily hanging around my shoulders, he greeted an unfamiliar face with a firm handshake while conversing in a language I couldn't understand. The conversation barely lasted a few seconds before Yurik was guiding us somewhere else.

"Is Micah here?" I asked. I hadn't had the chance to talk to him.

Yurik's face twisted into a scowl. "Your brother gets on my last fucking nerve, I swear to God. He didn't want to come. Something about 'feeling out of place' I don't get that - I really don't. I always try to make him feel comfortable."

"Mmm." I hummed in thought. "I'm sure he has his reasons."

"Yeah well, as my boyfriend he should be here with me right now." Yurik sighed and I could tell that he was disappointed. I wrapped my arm around his waist and offered a comforting squeeze. He looked down at me and a small smile tilted his lips.

"I understand how he feels. Did you forget who your family is? I can see why he would feel out of place." I commented.

"So what you're saying is that I should go over to his place afterwards?" Yurik asked and I looked at him in confusion but nevertheless decided to humour him.

"Yes."

"Okay," He grinned. "There's Domo. Go ahead." Giving me a slight push to where Dominic stood, he quickly turned on his heels and disappeared within the crowd.

Dominic had his back to me, talking to two men and a short black haired woman. I took a deep breath in and approached the group. I announced myself by wrapping my arm around his waist and he immediately looked down at me with the small smile that quickly faltered into a look of awe.

His black shirt somehow accentuated his tattoos. The only colour on his body was the silver gun peeking through his waistband. Even at his own party, Dominic was armed.

His eyes unashamedly travelled down my body before he leaned down.

"You look so good." Dominic whispered in my ear and pulled away clearing his throat. "Let me introduce you. This is Caitlin." My name sounded strange coming from his lips.

"Aria." The woman introduced herself first and I offered my palm to her. She was beautiful. Her cheeks were littered with freckles and her head was covered in shiny natural curls. Aria surprised me by pushing my hand away and walking forward for a hug.

"Finally, I'm getting sick of these men." She said just so I could hear and I laughed out loud. I knew exactly how she felt. She let go and my eyes flicked to the tall man next to her.

"Alessandro." His name brought out the Italian accent he held. Unlike Aria, he accepted my hand for a quick shake. I smiled at him, noticing how green his eyes were.

"Carlo. It's so nice to finally meet you." The last man stepped forward and placed his hands on my shoulders to lay a kiss on both cheeks. Dominic narrowed his eyes at him before protectively pulling me into his chest.

"Nice to meet you too." I replied ignoring how Dominic squeezed my waist possessively. I pressed myself closer to him as reassurance.

"Remember that restaurant I took you to? Alessandro here used to own it before moving back to Italy." Dominic said circling his thumb over the thin material of my dress. My eyebrows shot up in realisation.

"Oh. I love that place - it's definitely my favourite."

"I'm happy to know Dominic didn't completely ruin it." Alessandro said and Aria slapped him on the bicep playfully. They were one of the hottest couples I've ever seen.

"I feel so fucking single, this is not fair." Carlo scowled and downed the remnants of his clear drink. He had an accent as well with the bluest eyes I've ever seen.

"Not our fault, Carlo." Aria said. He side-glared at her and pinched his lips into a tight line.

"Where are your parents?" I asked looking at Dominic. I was nervous - beyond nervous but I swallowed it down and put a brave face on. What's the worst thing that could happen?

"They'll be here in about an hour and that's when we eat."

"Okay, good." I turned to Aria. "Do you want to go get a drink with me?" I asked and her eyes lit up excitedly before nodding. She grabbed my hand and started leading us away from the group of men and I had an idea that she was grateful for the interference.

"Bellissima, don't go far." Alessandro warned sending Aria a pointed look to which she just rolled her eyes.

"Angel, stay close." Dominic said to me with the same warning tone as Alessandro. Aria and I burst out laughing at our overly-protective men.

"Fuck this. I hate it here." Carlo grumbled and twisted his face into a frown. "I want a person too." He said under his breath and Dominic offered a sympathetic pat on the back.

"Vodka Redbull for me, please." Aria requested to the bartender and he nodded before looking at me, drying a glass with a cloth. The home was big enough to have its own personal bar in the very corner and it shouldn't have surprised me the way it did.

"Double whiskey with ice, please." I sat down on the stool and Aria followed suite, sitting down alongside me and getting comfortable.

"Thank you for that. Sandro was never going to let me go alone." She muttered and crossed her arms on the counter.

"They're looking over here as if we're going to run away or someone is going to attack us." I said and waved my hand at Dominic in a dismissive manner while he kept his eyes trained on me. His chest sighed before he turned away and continued the conversation.

"That's what happens when you're with a-" Aria cut herself off and turned her head to look at me.

"I know." I replied and took a sip of the whiskey the bartender had set down in front of me. The strong alcohol brought a sense of relief through my veins and managed to calm my nerves to a certain extent.

"Even though Sandro isn't in the business anymore I still have to wear this every time I leave the house." Aria whispered before glancing around to make sure nobody was watching.

When she was satisfied with the clearance, she lifted the hem of her dress to reveal a sharp blade attached to her thigh.

"Oh my God, look." I said and did the same to show her a similar blade secured to my outer thigh. Dominic insisted on me wearing it - even if I was going to be within in his presence I always had to have some form of protection on me.

Aria's mouth dropped. "It's so nice talking to someone I can relate to."

"I know, right? But that's why you guys moved to Italy, to get away from all of this." I said and wrapped my hand around the broad glass enjoying the coolness. The music was now lowered to a soft tune in the background and as much as I wanted to down my entire drink, my self-control had to be maintained.

"Yes but every now and then Sandro has to come back just to make sure things are running smoothly. Our flights actually leaving in a few hours so we thought why not show-face for his friend's birthday." Aria said and I nodded in understanding. She took a big gulp of her own drink and grimaced once she set the glass down.

That reminds me. Did I even wish Dominic a happy birthday?

"And you? How did you and Dominic meet?" Aria asked facing her body to me and I smiled down at rich brown liquid swirling around clear blocks of ice. I could already sense that Aria and I were somewhat the same - falling for men we had no business falling for in the first place.

"Honestly," I leaned closer to her and she did the same wide-eyed and eager to hear what I have to say. "He was just supposed to be a random fuck I found in the middle of a bar but here I am. I'm going to meet his parents and he doesn't know how nervous I actually am." I said looking at where Dominic stood.

His height was the same of the men in front of him but he stood out the most and I kept my eyes on him for a few seconds longer.

Handsome man.

"A random fuck, huh?" She smirked cheekily. "Must've been fucking good because look where you are now."

"Who would've thought?" I uttered pinching my eyebrows together in wonder. The conversation with Aria had me pondering on the past few weeks.

"My whole life is a 'who would've thought'" Aria mumbled and toyed with the tiny straw in her glass.

"How did you and Alessandro meet?"

Aria smiled sheepishly and glanced at me. "I was walking home from work one night..."

As soon as she was done with the story-telling of how they met, our drinks were done and the house suddenly seemed to have gained a few more guests.

"These mafia men, I swear..." She said softly with a gentle shake of her head. Alessandro was...protective, that's for sure. I nodded slowly, pursing my lips.

"They're...intense."

"Who's intense?" Dominic asked coming up from behind me and swinging his arm over my shoulders. My gaze met his and I frowned when I caught that familiar look on his face - the one that had me sitting up straight and clenching my thighs together.

He looked like he wanted to rip my clothes off right there.

"Nobody." I murmured.

"Okay, fine! I'm coming, jeez." Aria blurted out and jumped down from her stool. She was scowling into the direction of where Alessandro stood with outstretched arms making grabby hands at her. I laughed - he seemed to be suffering from withdrawals.

As soon as she was gone, Dominic leaned down and brushed my hair away to whisper in my ear, "Come with me."

"What-"

"No questions, angel. Come with me. Now."

~

SURPRISE! 😌

I'm back to my Wednesday and Saturday posts!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.1K 1.6K 30
"Now I know why they call you the devil" "I told you I was anything but good Angel" - Two people that could have lost their lives find each other. An...
8M 221K 56
After spending a night together, Alani never expected to see Valerio again. That is, until three months later when their paths meet once more. "š’€š’...
293K 6.7K 63
*Some scenes include physical abuse* Hope Ficci is a 19 year old girl from New York. One night away with her best friend reveals secrets that she has...
18.6K 213 12
Angelic known as Nompilo is the mafia king Dominic Rossi's biggest desire.... How far can a man go to claim his biggest obsession She's not innocent...