Anniversary Gift

By ReneCainMarien

After a night hunt with their Wei-Qianbei, the juniors came to know from a drunk Yiling Laozu that his and Ha... More

1.NightHunt
2.Talisman
4.Don't Cry
5.Give
6.Huíyì
7.Nie
8.Son
9.Fathers

3.Drunk

1.6K 72 4
By ReneCainMarien

"Wei-Qianbei it's time to go back."

Lan Sizhui said tugging on Wei WuXian's sleeves. They had to leave now or they would not reach Cloud Recesses before curfew. The boys were trying to make the now drunk Wei WuXian to get up and leave the tavern with them.

"I don't want to~"

Wei WuXian whined as he placed the finished wine jar down and picked up his last jar of wine. Jin Ling had to glare and yell at the waiter to make him stop bringing more wine and giving to Wei WuXian. Ouyang Zizhen had hid the remaining untouched wine jars away from Wei WuXian's sight. Lan Jingyi said.

"Get up! We have to go, they need to close the shop."

Wei WuXian sat on his seat unmoved while Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi tugged on both his hands. When they finally let go of him, he slowly drank the wine with a completely red face, wine dripping down his neck and robes. Seeing the state of their senior Ouyang Zizhen asked.

"Why did we let him drink so much?"

"I don't remember him getting drunk so easily."

Lan Jingyi said still trying to make Wei WuXian stand up. Wei WuXian swat away Lan Jingyi's hand so he can take another sip of his wine. Jin Ling counted the empty wine jars on the table and exclaimed.

"Come on!! He drank more than ten jars!"

"Wei-Qianbei was already little drunk when we left Cloud Recesses."

Lan Sizhui said as he sat next to Wei WuXian so he can try and take away the wine jar from him. The other three boys looked confused, they shared a looked and then looked at Wei WuXian who was now leaning on Lan Sizhui. Jin Ling thought back to today's events and then said.

"What? I didn't notice."

"Me neither."

Lan Jingyi said. Ouyang Zizhen nodded in agreement. Seeing that nobody except him had noticed this fact, Lan Sizhui said quietly not wanting to disturb Wei WuXian and irritate him in this drunked state.

"I guess he finished the entire stash of Tianzi Xiao in Jingshi before the night hunt."

"HanGuang-Jun usually leave many jars of Tainzi Xiao at Jingshi. Did he really finish it all?"

Lan Jingyi asked. He knew from Wei WuXian that Lan Wangji would secretly buy Tianzi Xiao just for Wei WuXian. It was a known fact to the entire Cloud Recesses that Wei WuXian loved his alcohol and Lan Wangji happily provided his husband the said liquid. Lan Sizhui nodded his head at Lan Jingyi and said.

"I think so."

"That much? Then along with all these? No wonder he's drunk now."

Ouyang Zizhen said with wide eyes. All of them were surprised at Wei WuXian's alcohol tolerance even in Mo Xuanyu's body because Tianzi Xiao was one of the strongest alcohol and adding ten jars of another strong alcohol to that was some serious ability.

"What do we do now?"

Jin Ling asked looking at the tomato red Wei WuXian who was quietly sipping alcohol, looking quite different from his usual self. Wei WuXian was not smiling but rather frowning and there was no playful teasing or witty comments, it felt so wrong watching him silent.

"HanGuang-Jun won't return until tomorrow night."

Lan Sizhui said as he yet again failed to take away the wine jar from Wei WuXian. Wei WuXian looked at Lan Sizhui with his dazed eyes and pouted. He lightly pushed Lan Sizhui's hands away so he could drink more.

"Wei-Qianbei let's get up. Please don't drink anymore."

Lan Sizhui said as he sat a little far back so that Wei WuXian would not be uncomfortable. Wei WuXian looked at Lan Sizhui, he squinted his eyes to identify him because his vision was blurry. He shook his head and said.

"A-Yuan!!!
I don't want to go back~
There's no one wai-aiting 'or meee at Jingshiiii. "

"What?"

Lan Jingyi asked in confusion. Lan Sizhui knew what Wei WuXian meant with those words so he just nodded to Wei WuXian and tried to take away the jar once again. Wei WuXian glared at Lan Jingyi.

"I am all aloooo~ without 'an Zhan."

Wei WuXian was not acting sad this time and the boys knew it instantly. All four of them were at loss seeing Wei WuXian genuinely sad. Jin Ling stood from his seat and said.

"I will go check if there's rooms available."

Jin Ling went to talk with the tavern keeper. There was only one room available for them and he quickly paid for it. The tavern keeper told him to wait a little while they arranged the room. Jin Ling came back and sat on his seat.

"A-Yuan? A-Yuan? Where are you A-Yuan?"

The boys were waiting for the room when Wei WuXian called frantically. Everyone was alarmed and rushed closer to Wei WuXian. Lan Sizhui held Wei WuXian's hands and said.

"I'm here Wei-Qianbei."

Wei WuXian squinted his eyes and looked at the boy in front of him. After making sure that the boy was indeed his little A-Yuan, Wei WuXian sighed. He hugged Lan Sizhui and said.

"It's good that you are here.
Xian-Gege thought he lost you 'gain."

"You didn't lose me."

Lan Sizhui said hugging Wei WuXian just as tightly. Wei WuXian pulled back from the hug and cupped Lan Sizhui's face. He hiccuped and said.

"I -ug- can't lo- oossse you again.
I'm 'ooorry for leaving you 'nce."

Lan Jingyi and Jin Ling looked worried at Wei WuXian while Ouyang Zizhen was heartbroken at the sight. Lan Sizhui smiled at Wei WuXian and said.

"It's alright Wei-Qianbei."

Wei WuXian shook his head. He was drunk and he felt terrible for losing his son once. He clutched his own head with both his hands and said.

"I dieeddd~ I kneeeewww~ I would die.
I killed myself."

Wei WuXian was shaking and the boys were shocked silent by his words. Lan Sizhui recovered from it first, he just held Wei WuXian's hands and rubbed them slowly with a heavy heart. Lan Jingyi shot up from his seat and exclaimed.

"What?"

"What do you mean by you killed yourself?"

Jin Ling asked Wei WuXian, his voice breaking. Wei WuXian looked at Jin Ling then back at Lan Sizhui who was still holding onto his hands. He leaned on Lan Sizhui's shoulders and said.

"I knewww I'd die. But I had no choiccceee~
I left A-Yuan.
But I can't do that again.
I am already baaaad~"

"You did not leave me Wei-Qianbei. You saved me. I'm alive because you saved me."

Lan Sizhui said. His voice was shaking and he just wanted to cry hugging his parent. Ouyang Zizhen sat on his seat farthest from Wei WuXian and was sniffling. Lan Jingyi was still standing stunned by the whole revelation but kept silent seeing Wei WuXian's condition.

"Mm? But-but- that's not what everyone says. They say I'm 'onster.
I killed so many."

Wei WuXian said looking down at his own hands while still leaning onto his son. Only he could see the blood stain on his hands, he was guilty and scared of his past. The boys took a sharp breath as they heard Wei WuXian say something like that. Wei WuXian shook his head and said with sorrow.

"But I di- did not want to kill.
I - I did not.
No no no.
Never. "

Wei WuXian closed his eyes and was continuously muttering 'no'. Lan Sizhui was just staring at Wei WuXian's face trying to remember the face of the man who had saved him. Wei WuXian had died once to protect him but he could not even remember the man's face clearly. He gripped the man in his arms and let him lean on him as long as he want.

"What should we do?"

Jin Ling asked slowly. The boys looked at Wei WuXian with worry and they all sat around him hoping that he would just fall asleep. Lan Sizhui looked at Wei WuXian who was still muttering.

"No no no. I did not.
Not kill. "

Wei WuXian was shaking so much still clutching tightly onto his wine jar. He kept on muttering and started sniffling. Lan Sizhui panicked seeing this, he shook Wei WuXian by his shoulders and called.

"Wei-Qianbei-"

"A-Yuan. I want 'an Zhan.
A-Yuan I want 'an Zhan!!
Where is 'an Zha-?"

Wei WuXian asked, his words slurred due to the alcohol. The boys frowned hearing Wei WuXian speaking like this. Lan Sizhui smiled, although he wanted to do just the opposite and said.

"HanGuang-Jun is away for a meeting."

"Can I have him? Can I?
Can I have 'an Zhan? I want Lan Zhan."

Wei WuXian asked Lan Sizhui. He then looked at the other three boys who were silently sitting by him. He looked at them expectantly wishing someone would give his husband to him. His husband knew how to hug him and squeeze all the nightmares away from him. He frowned and lowered his head when Lan Wangji did not come to him. Seeing this Lan Jingyi suddenly said, lied.

"HanGuang-Jun will come soon. He'll come soon. Don't worry."

Wei WuXian snapped his head up hearing that. There was a big smile on his face and the boys were shocked by the sight and Ouyang Zizhen could not hold back his tears from rolling down his cheeks. He got up and sat next to Wei WuXian's feet and held his hand tighly.

"He'll 'ome soon?
No! Old man'll no-oot let me see him~
He don't 'ike me. I try but he- he hate me. "

Wei WuXian's smile fell and he lowered his head. Lan Jingyi cried silently as he patted Wei WuXian's shoulder while Ouyang Zizhen sat on the floor and sobbed. Jin Ling looked at Lan Sizhui and asked.

"Is he talking about Master Lan?"

"Yes"

Ouyang Zizhen wiped his tears away and squeezed Wei WuXian's hand more tightly in his own. Wei WuXian sat in the middle of the four boys staring blankly at the floor. He hiccuped.

"He -ug- he won't let me 'elebrate. No no~
Won't let me~
He sco-scolded me when I 'sked. "

"Celebrate?"

Lan Sizhui asked barely stopping himself from sobbing right there after hearing Wei WuXian's voice. Wei WuXian looked at Lan Sizhui and said.

"An- anniversa- ary"

The boys went silent. Lan Sizhui had tears in his eyes now and he wiped them away with his handkerchiefs. Jin Ling was the only one who could find his voice among the four boys so he asked slowly.

"Anniversary?
Wedding anniversary!!"

"Mmmmhhhmmm"

Wei WuXian hummed frowning and downed the wine some more. Ouyang Zizhen looked up at Wei WuXian's sad face and sobbed more onto his lap. Lan Jingyi wiped his tears and forced a smile. He said happily.

"HanGuang-Jun and Wei-Qianbei's wedding anniversary!!"

"When is your wedding anniversary Wei-Qianbei?"

Ouyang Zizhen asked Wei WuXian who had gone back to silently sipping alcohol. Wei WuXian groggily raised his head and looked at Ouyang Zizhen. He smiled a sad smile at the boy and said.

" 'ullll mo-oon. One year!!! "

"Full moon. Just eight days from today."

Jin Ling said. Lan Jingyi counted the dyas in his mind and then nodded at Jin Ling. Wei WuXian looked at the boys and whimpered. He shook his hard and said.

"No 'elebrate."

"Why is that?"

Jin Ling asked seeing that Lan Jingyi and Lan Sizhui both had their heads lowered. Wei WuXian's voice was breaking with evey word he spoke. He just wanted to cry and go to sleep but the pain was too much to sleep.

"I 'sked Old ma-an to let 'an Zhan s-stay with me that daaay~.
But- but, but he said nooo~
'an Zhan will go away that day toooo. He'll go awaaayyyy~ "

Wei WuXian clutched his head and wailed. The boys panicked again. Jin Ling went to yell at the tavern keeper and all the staff while Lan Sizhui tried to wipe Wei WuXian's face with a handkerchief. Lan Jingyi turned to Ouyang Zizhen and asked.

"What should we do?"

"Slowly take the jars away from him."

Ouyang Zizhen whispered to Lan Jingyi. Lan Jingyi picked the wine jar from Wei WuXian's lap as he was busy wailing clutching his head. Jin Ling came back to the table stomping his feet and said.

"We got our room. Let's just take him inside."

"Wei-Qianbei come on."

Lan Sizhui tried to pull Wei WuXian from his seat. Wei WuXian shook his head and curled around himself into a ball. Ouyang Zizhen stroked Wei WuXian's back as he sat there like a small child throwing a tantrum. Wei WuXian hid his face in his hands and said.

"Not going 'aaaack."

"We are not going back. We are just going to another room."

Lan Jingyi tried. Wei WuXian just shook his head some more and refused to move. Ouyang Zizhen called lightly.

"Wei-Qianbei?"

"Nooo~ not going."

Wei WuXian looked at Ouyang Zizhen and shook his head. Jin Ling pushed away Lan Jingyi and sat next to Wei WuXian. He took Wei WuXian's hands and said loudly.

"There's more wine in that room."

"Th -ug- then I'll 'omeee with A-Ling."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.1K 1.1K 24
An au fanfic of Modern!Wei Wuxian and Modern!Jiang Yanli 'transmigrated' back to the ancient China after the original Wei Wuxian and Jiang Yanli died...
785K 41.3K 107
Jiang Cheng and Lan WangJi.... They do NOT get along. Even after Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi marry, even after Jiang Cheng and Wei WuXian talk with one...
39K 1.7K 25
Lan WangJi's beautiful laugh echoed throughout the gusu forest, tinkling like bells. Wei WuXian watched, happy, but no...something was wrong. The su...
28.2K 1.8K 20
Wei Wuxian arrived for guest lectures to the Cloud Recesses. However, Lan Wangji quickly notices, that there is something strange about the Yunmeng J...