𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐮𝐬𝐭

By RuStYtAbLeS

Atreus Castro, son of a lawyer and an ex- mafia boss. He steers away from the blood and gore and decided to b... More

Preface
Aesthetic
00
01
02
03
04
05
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
Epilogue

06

15K 447 45
By RuStYtAbLeS

Atreus' POV

Straightening the sleeves of my long sleeve white turtleneck I walk with my family into the stadium.

My white Alexander McQueens silent on the tiled floors. Checking my watch I made sure we were on time before putting my hands into the pockets of my black denim jeans.

We're escorted through the building to the VIP room that looked over a section of the track.

There were seats with tables placed strategically throughout the large room. A bar situated on the far right wall, bar stools present. A large flat screen TV was in corner of the left wall, right next to the floor to ceiling glass windows.

The TV broadcasted the winnings from last race and all the teams that were participating this race. This was a qualifying race for the quarter finals so the persons with the best times won and got to move on to the next race.

The announcer called all the names of the persons that showed on the screen, in a pre recorded slide show. Then it switched to the track, explaining everything you needed to know.

The camera panned on the drivers as they got ready with their teams. He spoke about there performance last race and his predictions.

"Then we have the most talked about woman to date, Dariya Verlice!" He said enthusiastically as the camera panned on her. She wasn't in sight yet but you saw her team rolling her car out the pit stall.

A few seconds later she walked into the camera frame talking to someone. Her zipped suit fitting perfectly, all black with some blue the same design of her car. The Mercedes logo on the left side of her chest, sponsored company logos displayed on the front and back.

Her upturned helmet was under her arm as she walked to her car while fixing her earphones for communication.

She wrapped her hair up loosely before grabbing her black balaclava from inside the helmet, pulling it on.

Handing her helmet to the man she climbed in the car slowly. She grabbed her gloves from his outstretched hand pulling them on before taking her helmet and securing it on her head.

Her voice is heard from the TV as she tested her mic, speaking in English.

The camera switched to the track as the cars pulled into their required space. They line up in the order that they won last race. Verlice was second while Benjamin Usoro was first.

He was probably her biggest component in Formula 1. They've been fluctuating with first and second place since the season started.

They all got into two straight lines behind the staring line, waiting for the flag for them to go. The announcer counted down loudly as the waves the black and white flag.

As it waves down indicating to go they were off. The cars all move in the same order speeding up moving out of their order to get infront.

They pulled in and out off eachother trying to get clear space for them to get to the front. That was until the turn because they all slowed down to go around the sharp corner, before they took off again.

Usoro stayed at her side the entire time. When one pulled ahead, the other followed.

She took off skillfully leading through the cars trying to get at the front. She pulled all the way to the right next to the barriers, maneuvering her way through the cars that were all in her way.

Silvia, another big opponent stayed infront of her, as she tried to over take him. Going left when she went left and right when she went right. As they passed the line a half white half black flag was displayed, with Silvia's number under it.

"That's a warning for Silvia, too much weaving." The announcer said.

She sped up heading for the back of his car before pulling away slightly. He moved out of the way on the turn allowing her to pass. The cameras showed her going into the put stop to change her tires before it cut back to the race track with the other racers.

Many rounds into the race she pulled up beside Usoro again, the end of the race only two more rounds away. He pulled towards her, his tire hitting her front tire, making her pull to the left wildly to evade it.

People in the VIP groan in irritation as he pulled ahead of her. He pulled into the pit stop to change his tires as the announcer said that for what he just did another extra 10 seconds would be added to his final time.

The camera switches to the camera attached to her car, showing her hands on the wheel as she got control of the car again, taking off to the finish line. Turning the corners, passing the others behind getting closer and closer to Silvia, Usoro right behind them.

The announcer talks hastily over the intercom narrating the race. Calling out all the names and their positions as we watch them race for the finish line.

She passed Silvia, by pulling to the left tricking him before pulling all the way to the right and overtaking him, leaving him behind. Usoro passed him when they made the bend around the corner going after Verlice who was not to far away from the finish line.

"And she does it again!" The announcer said loudly as the crowd screamed in joy. The people that bet on her in the VIP section cheering loudly

"That was a spectacular time." The announcers said as the times from first to last came up on the screen. That 10 extra seconds Usoro got pushed him to second place by 5.4 seconds right behind Verlice.

From where we were we could see directly into the pit stop. She stopped by her stall, climbing out the car after a few minutes. She pulled her gloves off, then the helmet.

The man she was speaking to before jumped on her pulling her into a tight hug. Pulling off her balaclava she shook her head out smiling at the members in her team.

A live interview appeared on our screen of her talking in fluent Greek to a reporter.

"She is so fucking hot." Galina says as we watch her run her fingers through her hair, pushing it away from her face. She didn't even do it with provocative intent, a conscience reaction to push her hair away from her face but it was so sultry.

After the intervier, her team lead her through the thick crowd and into the pit stall where they dissapeared from the camera frame. The camera then pans on Usoro who was doing an interview with another news platform.

The people in the VIP section who bet on her started popping champagne by the bar, celebrating their win. The ones that bet on other races sulked as they watched Usoro's interview.

The doors opened to the VIP room, Verlice and the man she was speaking to before walk in. Her suit was now fully unzipped off her shoulders, the sleeves tied around her waist. She wore a skin tight white long sleeve dry fit shirt, her toned biceps and abdominal showing.

She shook hands with some of the sponsor, conversing with them easily.

I accepted the glass of champagne from my father as he and my mother walked away talking with some of their business partners

"Dariya." Vera said in greeting as she walked to us.

"Vera." She answered. They started at eachother for a minute before both breaking out in a wide smiling embracing eachother in a tight hug.

"What the fuck is going on?" Odessa asked as Vera and Dariya pulled away from eachother.

"Dariya and I are old friends." Vera said vaguely accepting the champagne from Galina.

"And you didn't tell me this?" Galina asked in shock.

"Galina." She said holding her hand out in greeting.

Verlice shook her hand firmly, "Just Galina?" She asked, her German accent strong.

"Her sister." Galina answered still shaking her hand staring at her in astonishment.

She hums at her looking down to their hands that was still together in a very long hand shake before looking back up at Galina, a small smirk on her lips.

"Oh shit! Sorry." She said pulling her hand away to rub behind her neck her cheeks tinting red.

"Odessa." Odessa said distractedly, playing poker with a man who was also a VIP member.

"Atreus, but you already knew that." I said to her shaking her hand.

She stared at me her grip tight on my hand not allowing me to pull away. I stared into her eyes admiring the unique colours. Her eyes were the darkest blue, like the deepest ocean with a light shade of green that surrounded her pupils.

I pulled my hand away when I snapped out of the intense staring contest we were having.

"Dariya Verlice." Benjamin Usoro said behind her, alerting us of his presence.

"Usoro." She said to him dejectedly.

"Good race." He said smirking down at her. She hums in response, their eyes locked in an intense staring contest.

He pushed her over her shoulder, his fingers threading through it slowly he smiles at her before turning and walking away.

What the fuck was that?

"Are you coming to the after party?" She asked, turning back to us.

"Where is it?" Vera asked her.

"At a new club that just opened in Greece. Here." She said to us, pulling a card from her pocket.

"The address is on there, just give it to the bouncer and you'll be in." She said to us handing the card to Vera before walking away to another group.

I lean over looking at the card seeing her name as the title.

"It's her club." I state aloud.

"Figured." Vera said pushing the card into her pocket.

"Yes! Give me my money." Odessa says loudly drawing our attention to her. The man sulked handing her the briefcase filled with hundred dollars bills.

"You don't play a player." She said to him, pulling a stack that was 10K out. He huffed at her, getting up and walking away.

"People with passes please follow me." A man announced to us as he stood by the door.

Galina and I were the only ones with passes in our family so we followed him through the halls meeting up with another few groups that had passes byt wasn't in VIP.

Down at the stalls were the mechanics worked on some of the cars before they had to go back into the containers to be shipped to another country for next race.

"Since this was the race to get into the quarter finals not all these cars will be going to our next tournament." The tour guide said to us.

Usoro's team welcomed his VIP fans and sponsors as we walked over to Verlice's car.

It was so good looking up close. It was raised of the floor as they worked on the engine underneath. Verlice tapped the top alerting the mechanic of our presence.

He slid out wiping his hands on his apron gesturing for them to lower it on the tires.

"Quintin, the main mechanic." He said to us sending a small wave.

"This is Remy, my right hand man." She said to the guy that was with her in the VIP room. He nodded at us before being called away by someone.

"Take your pictures." She said to us standing off to the side pushing her hands in her pockets.

"This is a Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E," the tour guide started.

"One of the fastest cars in this race." It had the number 11 on the front in white, sponsor stickers around it.

"Why number 11?" Somebody asked her.

"Lucky number I guess." She answered leaning back on the wall.

"Can I have a picture?" A boy asked pushing his way through the thick crowd.

"Sure." She said nonchalantly walking over and helping him in. Leaning down to his height she smiled for the picture his mother took of him wrapping her arm around his shoulder.

Remy came over with a ball cap and a sharpie, which she signed before placing on his head.

"Thank you." He said smiling widely at her before taking off to his mother.

That's how the rest of the tour went, her answering the few questions they threw at her, signing autographs and taking pictures.

"Okay people this is the end of the tour." The man said loudly to us as Verlice walked off with her teammate jogging up a few stairs, dissapearing from sight because you could only see so far up.

"Mom we got invited to a party tonight." Galina said excitedly while we walked out the building.

"Really?"

"Yeah at her new club." Vera said pulling the card out to show mom.

"Do you want to go?" Dad asked her reading the information.

"Not for long." She answered handing the card back to Vera.

"That was exciting." Odessa said not at all sounding excited.

"That was phenomenal, I wish Carmen was here, she would have loved it." Galina said enthusiastically.

"Next race you'll invite her." I said to her.

"When's the next race?" She asked.

"In two weeks I think, in Singapore." Dad said recalling the details when he purchased the tickets.

"What should I wear tonight?" Galina asked Odessa as they climbed into the backseat.

Vote and comment, enjoy your day/night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9M 244K 37
" W..what are you-" " Do you want me to show all those people who you belong to the easy way or the hard way?" He says deeply, a dark look in his eye...
167K 6.6K 32
Ilya Zharkov is the head of the Russian Mafia around the world, every smaller faction answers to him. With his interests aligned with the DiStefano's...
1.4K 69 29
Vanessa hoped one day her father would call for her to work for him but it hasn't happened yet. After two years in New York, she is about to give up...
110K 5.2K 78
Likhwalethu Rosewood finds herself running in the woods having just witnessed her parent's massacre by none other than her brother, leaving everythin...