REESE

By eliizza1

BROKEN PRODIGY I Following the passing of their mother, the now orphaned Di Genova siblings found themselves... More

introduction.
aesthetics + characters.
prologue.
chapter one.
chapter two.
chapter three.
chapter four.
chapter five.
chapter six.
chapter seven.
chapter eight.
chapter nine.
chapter ten.
chapter twelve.
chapter thirteen.
chapter fourteen.
chapter fifteen.
chapter sixteen.
chapter seventeen.
chapter eighteen.
chapter nineteen.
chapter twenty.
chapter twenty one.
chapter twenty two.
chapter twenty three.
chapter twenty four.
chapter twenty five.
chapter twenty six.
chapter twenty seven.
chapter twenty eight.
chapter twenty nine.
chapter thirty.
chapter thirty one.
chapter thirty two.
chapter thirty three.
chapter thirty four.
chapter thirty five.
chapter thirty six.
chapter thirty seven.
chapter thirty eight.
chapter thirty nine.
chapter forty.
chapter forty one (a).
chapter forty one (b).
chapter forty two.
chapter forty three.
chapter forty four.
chapter forty five.
chapter forty six (a).
chapter forty six (b).
chapter forty seven.
chapter forty eight.
chapter forty nine.
chapter fifty.
chapter fifty one.
chapter fifty two.
chapter fifty three.
chapter fifty four.

chapter eleven.

69.6K 2.2K 1.8K
By eliizza1

Third Person POV:

The Rutherfords were confused.

They had just landed in New York City only to get a call from their underboss stating that the Don of the American Mafia was requesting a meeting at his house. When questioning their underboss as to why, all he replied with was "I don't know Don, he said it was an emergency and to bring Mrs. Rutherford and Carver with you. I sent you his number, he requested for you to call him when you land." And that is exactly what they did. They called Jonathon Vanderbilt who didn't relieve their curiosity one bit. All he stated was that he didn't want to discuss the matter over the phone and to get to his house as soon as possible.

Before today the English and the American Mafias never had any association with each other. They were civil and they planned to meet for their first exchange but other than that they stayed away from one another. Both mafias were very private and secretive, the American Mafia especially. The Americans were at the top of the mafia food chain with the majority of the mafia world longing to be in alliance with them. The American Mafia was a dominant powerhouse that was mostly a mystery to the mafia world, so the Rutherfords knew that if they were getting a personal call from Jonathon Vanderbilt himself, they needed to go.

At the same time, the English Mafia was not one to underestimate. They may have been far from surpassing the American Mafia but they were number two for a reason. Even though they were very curious as to why an emergency meeting was being called, they knew they had to take precaution. After all, this was the American Mafia they were dealing with and they just didn't have enough information about them to know of their intentions.

This was exactly why Stephen, Natalie and Carver Rutherford alongside their half a dozen bodyguards pulled up heavily armed to the Vanderbilt mansion. They were ready for any scenario but as they approached closer to the mega-mansion, they knew that any attempts against the Americans would be futile. The mansion was absolutely massive. It took at least five minutes to just drive up to the property and while driving up they must have passed at least fifty guards armed with guns like they've never seen before. When they finally reached the entrance, two large guards armed with AK's stood by the doors. The Rutherfords didn't show it on their faces but they were nervous, anyone would be.

The car came to a stop.

Carver Rutherford was the first to climb out. Carver was the future Heir to the English Mafia and he very much looked the part. He stood at six foot four at only nineteen years old. His dark brown hair, piercing blue eyes and muscular frame attracted attention wherever he went. His face always seemed to adorn a cold glare or otherwise remained blank. Tattoos ran up and down his arms, adding to the intimidating aura he already encompassed so well. The only time he ever let his guard down was around his family. He wore an all black outfit consisting of a dress shirt, slacks and dress shoes. He narrowed his eyes at the guards in front of him just itching to grab his gun, but he kept himself composed.

Following behind him came Stephen and Natalie Rutherford. The Don and Donna of the English Mafia both had stoic expressions on their faces. Stephen had blue eyes while Natalie had light hazel eyes. They both were well dressed and looked extremely put together even though they just got off an eight hour flight. Stephen matched with his son, wearing an all black fitted suit, while Natalie wore a white dress fitted with red heels. The couple's hands were clasped together as they walked up to the huge double doors that lead inside.

The guards simultaneously opened the doors so the Rutherfords could walk inside. As they stepped into the giant entryway, they were met with a short housekeeper standing before them. She had a warm smile on her face.

"Welcome, Mr and Mrs Rutherford, Carver." She addressed them kindly.

"Please follow me to the living room, Don Vanderbilt has been awaiting your arrival."

She led them through the house that seemed to be never ending. When they finally reached the living room they were met with the sight of the infamous Jonathon Vanderbilt sitting on one of the couches. He looked smart in his royal blue business suit. When he saw the Rutherfords he stood up making his way over to them. Jonathon was nothing less than frightening but the Rutherford's expressions remained blank. He walked right up Stephen and Natalie and extended his hand.

"It is good to finally meet you Stephen."

Stephen took Jonathon's hand and gave it a firm shake. "Likewise Jonathon." A deep and low tone accompanied Stephen's voice. Jonathan then turned to Natalie and Carver and shook both their hands, greeting them as well. He then gestured to the living room.

"Let's take a seat." Everyone moved to sit on the couches. Once seated Stephen spoke up, the curiosity was killing him.

"As much as we appreciate your warm welcome Jonathon, we would like to know what this meeting is regarding." The English Don spoke with confidence. The question was polite but also a little accusatory. The whole scenario was peculiar and he wanted to know why the sudden need for a meeting.

Jonathan nodded his head. He tapped his watch twice before once again looking up at the family sitting before him. The Rutherfords were confused to see a softness in his eyes that was not previously there. "There is someone who has been dying to see you again."

Stephen, Natalie and Carver all scrunched their faces in confusion and looked at one another.

"Mommy?"

Natalie Rutherford's heart dropped into her stomach. All the noise around her dulled. She could only hear the loud thumping of her pulse. It was like everything was in slow motion. She felt herself standing up and turning towards the living room entryway. Her hands trembled and she could barely breathe as her breath hitched in her throat. There he was.

Kaden.

Her baby.

She let out a sob as she ran towards him. She fell onto her knees as she pulled her son into a bone crushing hug. She felt his arms loop around her neck and the wetness of his tears. Three years. It had been three years since she hugged her baby, her youngest child.

"My baby. My little baby boy." She cried. She held him tightly like she couldn't believe he was in her arms. After a couple of minutes she pulled away from the hug and held him out in front of her. She cupped his cheeks and wiped his tears with her thumbs as her own ran down her face. He had grown; she could tell that much. She was suddenly filled with an overwhelming sense of loss, she had missed three years of his life. But with that sense of loss came peace, like the hole in her heart was finally filled. She had her son back and that was all she had ever wanted. She attacked his cheeks with kisses and gave him a teary smile as she held him. "I have my baby back." She whispered to him.

She then turned around and noticed Jonathon had left the room. It was only her family, her now once again complete family in the room. She looked at her husband and first born. Both men were standing behind her in shock. The emotionless mafia men had tears in their eyes. Stephen was first to move.

He reached for Kaden and picked him up hugging him close and running a hand through his hair. "Kaden." He croaked, as tears ran down his face. Kaden burrowed his face into his dad's neck, savouring the sense of security he always found in his dad's arms. "I missed you buddy. I missed you so much." Stephen choked out. He held onto his son for a few more minutes with his eyes closed. Relief swarmed through Stephen's body, the search for his son could finally come to an end. Taking a deep breath and lowering Kaden onto the floor, he wiped his tears and looked at his boy in utter happiness.

Carver was stiff as a board. He was staring directly at his younger brother but it was like he couldn't process who was standing before him. He felt as if he was dreaming, and if this was a dream, he didn't want to wake up anytime soon. Kaden turned towards his brother and gave him a teary smile. "I missed you Car." Kaden whispered. That's all it took to break Carver out of his stupor. He rushed forward and opened his arms wide. Kaden ran into them and his big brother lifted him off the floor. "Don't you ever leave me again Kade." Carver gasped out. "You just can't." Kaden responded by gripping his big brother tight.

Soon Stephen and Natalie joined their hug. There they stood. A once broken family embracing each other as they finally reunited after three years.

_

After their tearful reunion the Rutherfords called Jonathon back into the room. The family was dazed and filled with overwhelming amounts of happiness but they still had questions.

"I just don't get how? How did Kaden end up here?" Natalie asked.

Before Jonathon could respond Kaden spoke.

"Ree saved me!" He happily examined sitting on his mother's lap.

"Who's Ree?" Carver questioned with his eyebrows furrowed.

"My daughter, he's talking about my daughter." Jonathan exclaimed. "She found him and brought him here yesterday."

"Kaden." Stephen softly addressed his son. "How did Ree save you?"

Kaden's eyes grew sad. "The bad men said that they had to move me again. I was so scared and hurt. I didn't want to move again so I tried to fight the man who was taking me. He just ended up hurting me even more." Stephen and Carver's eyes darkened considerably. "But then Ree found me."  Kaden smiled. "She beat up that bad man and made him cry." He beamed. "Then she promised me that she would find my family and now you guys are here!" Everyone laughed at Kaden's enthusiasm.

"I don't know what to say." Natalie started with tears in her eyes. "Thank you so much Jonathon."

"Of course." Jonathan kindly smiled. "But it wasn't me, this was all my daughter's doing. I cannot take credit for something that I had no part of."

"Where is she? We must thank her for saving our son." Stephen firmly stated. Like his wife and son, he desperately wanted to meet the person responsible for bringing his family back together.

"Unfortunately, she is taking care of some business at the moment so she is not here. I'm sure we can arrange for you guys to meet her sometime later."

"Yes please, we would really like that." Natalie responded.

"Ree said that she'll be back soon, can we wait for her?" Kaden innocently asked. He adored Reese and wanted his family to meet her.

"Sorry buddy she might be a while, but you'll see her soon." Jonathan amusedly replied. It seemed that the little boy was just as obsessed with his daughter as he was.

Kaden frowned as his family stood up from the couches. He watched as his father and brother shook hands with Jonathon and his mom gave the American Don a hug full of gratitude. The relationship between the American and English Mafias had progressed immensely today. The atmosphere was light and happy. Everyone seemed to be overwhelmed with joy. Kaden was happy but he wanted to say goodbye to Reese, but he was now leaving and she was nowhere to be found.

The Rutherfords made their way back to their limousine and climbed in. Their bodyguards looked at them in shock as they witnessed their leaders have uncharacteristically large smiles on their faces. Their shock grew as they saw the family be accompanied by a little boy who looked exactly like the Heir.

Carver placed Kaden right beside him in the limo. He vowed to never let Kaden out of his sight again. He swore that if anyone even tried to get in the close proximity of his little brother he would shoot them dead on the spot. He finally had his brother back and he had no intention of ever losing him again.

Stephen and Natalie looked at their sons with pride and love. They were genuinely happy for the first time in a while. They were savouring the moment.

"Can we wait for five more minutes? Ree might come back." Kaden asked.

Stephen and Natalie smiled. They were amused to see Kaden care about his Ree so much. It just made them all the more excited to meet her. She had to be a very special girl if their son clearly liked her so much.

"We'll meet her soon Kade, but we have to go now, okay?" Carver explained.

Kade's face fell. He went silent for a minute. Everyone watched as he sadly looked at the floor. Suddenly his face lit up and he smiled. His family looked at him confused as to why he suddenly was so happy. He pulled up his sleeve and looked at his bracelet.

"Bracelet call Ree." He commanded.

Stephen, Natalie and Carver all looked at each other with their eyebrows raised.

"Kaden love, I don't think your bracelet can-"

"Calling Reese Vanderbilt."

Carver's eyes widened. Natalie gasped and Stephen choked on his water. The three adults looked at Kaden in absolute shock.

"Reese Vanderbilt!?" Stephen whisper-yelled. Kaden just looked at his father confused.

The car was pin-drop silent as the bracelet ringed waiting for Reese to pick up.

"Hey Kade, is everything okay?" A soft voice spoke out from the bracelet. Stephen, Natalie and Carver looked at each other wide eyed.

"Ree, you said you'd hurry back." Kaden whined.

"I'm sorry bud I still have a lot of work to do here." The melancholic voice responded.

"Okay, but when will I see you again? I miss you." Kaden questioned. The Rutherford's listened to their youngest conversing with their full attention. They were listening intently to the conversation that seemed to occur out of nowhere.

The soft voice laughed. It was a light and calming laugh. Carver felt a weird feeling in his stomach before he pushed it down.

"Don't worry Kade, I'll see you soon. I promise. I'm not going anywhere." She replied.

Kaden grinned. "Okay Ree see you soon, bye!" He excitedly exclaimed.

"Bye buddy." She replied, laughing softly.

Kaden seemed satisfied with his conversation and beamed happily. He was oblivious to his family's shocked states.

"Uh Kaden, where did you get that bracelet?" Stephen questioned, still shocked by what just occurred and who Kaden just spoke to.

"Ree gave it to me." Kaden shrugged.

"Can I see it?" Carver asked.

Kaden extended his arm in front of Carver's face. Carver gently grabbed Kaden's wrist and inspected the seemingly normal bracelet. Tiny black lettering caught his attention when he took a closer look at the bottom of the bracelet.

"Created by Reese Vanderbilt, Cryptic Inc." Carver read out, absolutely astonished.

"Ree is short for Reese. Jonathon Vanderbilt's daughter is Reese Vanderbilt. Kaden was rescued by the Reese Vanderbilt." Natalie shook her head in shock.

"That means she's the Heir." Stephen exclaimed. "The biggest businesswoman in the world is also Heir to the American empire. No wonder they're on top." He muttered in disbelief.

Kaden gave confused looks to his dazed family. "Do you know Ree already?" He naively questioned.

His family looked at him wide eyed. Kaden didn't even know who exactly rescued him, and who he was now apparently best friends with.

"We don't exactly know her." Carver absentmindedly explained. "Let's just say we are now even more interested in meeting her." Stephen finished off.

Kaden furrowed his brows.

"I don't get it."

_

To the person who plagiarized my café scene from chapter four and put it into their book. I see you, come up with your own ideas or I'll tag your name next time.

Anyways... hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!

Until next Wednesday,

-Eliza

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Double Trouble By FinLuGrafie

Mystery / Thriller

35.4K 737 70
Read at your own risk. Unrealistic actions! --- Blood makes relatives, loyalty makes family. A triplet in the past - twins now. A fucked up past wi...
59.4K 2.3K 29
Salvatore Smith meets a woman with whom he shared few nights after loosing his wife. It was 12 years ago, she was way younger than him, from a diffe...
1M 24.5K 46
Sometimes you don't get the privilege of making choices. It is either: walk through the fire and get out with a few burns or be flung into it and ge...
790K 15.8K 76
At the the tender age of three, she was framed by her twin sister for something she didn't do. No one listened to her cries and demanded that she wou...